• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (10) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
You know the drill by now folks! We talk about everything DEATH BATTLE here!

Continued from here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here

Warp gate

Fights since this thread has started:

Done in the past:

Ep 116: Ganondorf vs Dracula

Ep 117: Shigeo Kageyama vs Tornado of Terror

Coming:

Ep 118: Deadpool (Marvel Comics) vs The Mask

Content included in this thread:

- Predictions on what fights we will be seeing

- Predictions on who will win when the season starts

- Discussions about Death Battle Cast (sometimes DBX)

- And much more!

The Spoiler Tag (VSBW)
And please... the illustration just shows how to make a spoiler tag - useful for discussing spoilers before a Death Battle episode gets launched on YouTube.

People are upset next time isn't Steven Vs. Star or Spongebob Vs. Gumball as if those aren't stomps. Granted, they're better than the next match we're getting.

Ep 118 spoilers
I am sort of excited and not excited for the next time. The idea is good, they have good connections, and it would be an extremely entertaining fight, but this is Deadpool's third time on DB.
I would have probably been more excited if they pushed this one away for next season. Also, while I personally like Deadpool as a character, I almost despise the DB iteration. He's unfunny (my opinion), and most of jokes are very forced.

Spoiler-free review of Mob vs Tornado:

-Math for this episode was actually really good. One of the calcs we did on here was referenced with almost the exact same answer. They show the same set up shot for measurements, it was pretty cool.

-Learned a lot about Mob that I never knew before. I might actually watch it or read it now, it looks super cool.

-2D pixel art was breathtaking, the custom sprites were absolutely gorgeous. Choreography was exactly what I expected for a fight between two OP psychics, incredible stuff.

-I wasn't a huge fan of Tornado's voice, not for the fight or the brief snip it they threw in from the English dub of the anime. I guess I find the attitude and higher pitch more tolerable in Japanese (would have thought the same thing about Juvia from Fairy Tail if they kept it the same). Mob's was pretty good overall.

-Next fight is...controversial, to say the least. I'm getting omens of bad interpretations of powers and limits. Like, Superman level bad. Only time will tell

If we accept their version of Tornado's AP capability, she won't go up a tier, but she will get a higher number for direct comparison. Also, she was barely trying with that move, which is scary to me

The people who researched this episode are both pretty well respected, so I trust their calcs are accurate. Somebody here should probably do that cloud feat though and put it on the profile.

Ep 117 spoilers
So... everyone agree the short girl won because (1) they do not take ONE's statement into consideration, (2) the mobile game feat is discarded, (3) the astral form is so OOC and unreliable considered by SA... And should we do a rematch / redux then?
Quite sure Saitama would die horribly. Against Krilli or Axe Cop (Character) most probably.

Oh I am likely keeping my PFP for now.
Ep 118 spoilers
On August 23, 2019, at D23 Expo, Kevin Feige announced that Marvel Studios was developing a live-action series about Moon Knight for Disney+. Even normies who know little about comic books know who is the best opponent for Moon Knight.
And for Deadpool (Marvel Comics) vs The Mask... Let us hope Screwattack would not downplay Deadpool for the sake of killing him.

And is The Mask comparable to Lobo canon? Why is that not included here? At least as a separate key phase? But basically that being canon means The Mask kills Deadpool legit. Wondering when Screwattack learned that DP gets a downgrade here and Big Head is now comparable to the Main Man and therefore do DP vs BH for spite sake.

The fact that level of power is very inconsistent means that it will likely be discarded (and even if they include it, the opponent might get some bs scaling that makes them even).

Spoilers
Pretty great fight, and Tatsumaki won. I pretty much agree with the results, all in all. While the bullet feat was about 98 gigatons higher than how the site calced it, its still High 6-C anyways, or they used a slightly modified method.
Anywho, the next time... Deadpool VS The Mask. How requested is it? Regarding on who wins that, Deadpool is MUCH faster, but Mask is stronger and more durable. Its more likely considering that speed is the case here, so Ill bet Deadpool will win.

Spoilers
Rooster Teeth would likely clock Deadpool (Marvel Comics) at > Mach 2. This is applied to Carnage (Marvel Comics) and Daredevil (Marvel Comics), leading to their respective downfall in their Death Battle matchups. And the same is likely going on Deadpool. Also, Marvel Comics Street Characters are uniformly downplayed (with a few exceptions) to 9-A. Assuming DP can harm Spidey and harmed Carnage, this would still only put DP at High 8-C.
While The Mask may scale to General Blaire who does 8-B things. And 7-B Joker-Mask exists. And this exists, further scaling Big Head to Lobo (Post-Crisis).

Wiz says he has a way to kill Deadpool for a reason.

Considering Toon Force is a major factor in the next fight, I am really worried about how DB will interpret the limits and power of that ability. Considering how badly they screwed up Superman's "unlimited power" paired with how they nailed Hulk's "unlimited strength," I'm not sure which way they'll go and that leaves me worried

Psychomaster35 said:
Spoilers
Pretty great fight, and Tatsumaki won. I pretty much agree with the results, all in all. While the bullet feat was about 98 gigatons higher than how the site calced it, its still High 6-C anyways, or they used a slightly modified method.
Anywho, the next time... Deadpool VS The Mask. How requested is it? Regarding on who wins that, Deadpool is MUCH faster, but Mask is stronger and more durable. Its more likely considering that speed is the case here, so Ill bet Deadpool will win.
Spoilers
Faster eh? https://youtu.be/Uix8AbcL7Hk?t=31

Back