• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (3) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

This fight actually rose questions from me about the profiles since people are discussing all possible little details:

Why does Gray have soul manipulation? I know there is a statement that using Demon Slayer magic eats away at his own soul, but that doesn't grant him offense soul manipulation really.

ZephyrosOmega said:
I don't think gray scales to etherion.

Unrelated to that, one of our members was curious as to why the level of energy was per second. "Also I still don't know why per second? It's kind of an arbitrary timeframe. It'd be like dividing Invel's storm feat by 4 since it took him 4 seconds. It isn't like she's only gonna have access to 1 second's worth of energy in the fight."
Because AP feats by PE lifting, "jumping good" and successive energy projection feats are determined by energy per second (when a said feat has to happen after energy change over time over 1 second).

It is an intense powerscaling battle.

Someone from the DB wiki mentioned this thinks this 1. Gray actually hasn't reached his full potential, as Fairy Tail's sequal series is ongoing.

2. Gray's got some balls of steel (err, ice).

3. By the nature of this crossover fight, he's not native to the capital.

4. Gray's 18 years old, while Esdeath is in her early 20s, presumably.

5. Hey, Gray's got a nice smile. He can do that if he wants.

Screwattack tried that in Tracer vs Scout. Independent of verdict, the battle performance goes well.

Alright, is time for it.

Which are the most powerfull characters (Strength, Speed, Abilities) that appeared on Death Battle, from the strongest to the weakest.

No counting joke battles of course.

I don't think Gray meets clause 1 and 5.

Gray already has his powers tapped into while Tatsumi when he met Esdeath had barely received Incursio and was training just to be able to use it longer.

Tipper17 said:
Meh nah Strange vs Fate is pretty much a flip a coin type of match either could win depending on what you're allowing for both characters and how ya take both feats into it
Exactly. Fusion Fate can be drawn any time but Strange needs to find Death or Eternity to merge to surpass Fate and... Do you consider Death or Eternity as Strange's "items"?

But yeah God Emperor Doom, Darkseid and Astral Regulator Thanos/HOTU Thanos are the true high dimensional beings.

Theoretically Gray should actually pull this off now that I think about it, doesn't matter how high Esdeath's AP is when compared to Gray, because Gray has Slayer magic, which means he gets an amp equal to the ice he absorbs

So even if Esdeath has a higher AP, Gray can force it into an equal AP situation because he can just eat her ice, so he probably takes it, even Time Stop might not work due to Grays extreme cold resistance, not to mention he's faster

I do agree Mega Man was done dirty. Astro might have stronger feats, but Mega Man is faster and has better hax.

And yeah, I dunno about taking the high-end for the very last thing. But knowing DB they'd use it. Even then, have people not tried recalcing stuff from FT to see if it'll help Gray?

Astro Boy has some dubious star level feats that I know at least one of the researchers uses, so i'm not sure.

And yeah, we've been recalcing a lot of feats. Deus Sama and Invel's Blizzard were both in the High 6-B range (The anime version of Deus Sama was in the freakin' exatons but that's a huge outlier)

Excuse me... High 6-B Deus Sema? First of all, Gray doesn't scale to Deus Sema, secondly how did you get High 6-B Deus Sema

The flaws of Gray scaling to the Erza who broke Deus Sema are infinite, also scaling him to Natsu, however if he wins because of that, it'll be funny

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
The flaws of Gray scaling to the Erza who broke Deus Sema are infinite, also scaling him to Natsu, however if he wins because of that, it'll be funny
'twould be nice for you to bring up support to that instead of poking fun.

First of all, the Erza that broke Deus Sema is an unnatural amp of power that Gray does not scale too, second of all, he is never once portrayed fightning on par with a character that has performed the feat or is comparable to a character who has done the feat, for instance Gray has not fought August, Irene, Empowerment Erza, Dragon Force Natsu, Zeref, Acnologia or literally any of these characters, the idea that Natsu and Gray are equal was more at the beginning of the series and doesn't apply to the last, he doesn't have the feats or statements, point being High 6-B Gray is wrong

Back