• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (1) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Yeah, the quote was that the weapon could destroy mountains. Note: Plural.

But it's whatever. I want Jason to win because 4 Ls in a row undoubtedly makes PR the series with the worat record if Leo really wins.

Ugh. Don't even get me started on Tommy's Ls. Apparently they believe in relativistic Dragonzord so I don't see how that version of Mecha G they used could've been able to land a shot with the AZ Cannon, like, at all. Yeah, hold them down via the wires or whatever but it would have to tag DZ first, which I don't think it can do. By then, can easily tire Kiryu out via the stamina difference and mobility advantage to go with speed.

But apparently they didn't even think that was enough.

The real cal howard said:
The main deal with PR is that they should've had the W for all their matches, barring Voltron.
Since Classic Voltron doesn't have a profile anywhere going by OBD's Comprehensive Speed Scale and Comprehensive Energy Scale the Thunder Megazord (which should have been counted a form for the Megazord) is faster (21,900,000,000,000c vs 19,430,910,600,000c) and stronger when scaling from Zedd (7.263 ninatons vs 4.89 ninatons)

Foxthefox1000 said:
Ugh. Don't even get me started on Tommy's Ls. Apparently they believe in relativistic Dragonzord so I don't see how that version of Mecha G they used could've been able to land a shot with the AZ Cannon, like, at all. Yeah, hold them down via the wires or whatever but it would have to tag DZ first, which I don't think it can do. By then, can easily tire Kiryu out via the stamina difference and mobility advantage to go with speed.

RT only buys > Mach 33 Dragonzord and ~ Mach 40 Mechagodzilla. Where are the relativistic or even FTL feats for PR? Link?

TartaChocholate said:
Silly question but, when talking about Mechagodzilla and mentioning Kiryu... is that a nickname for Mechagodzilla or the name of the pilot?
Kiryu was the name given to the Third Mechagodzilla, and was the one they used in the fight.

Eh. Last I remember there was a version of Buu that was 3-A or something.

And "consistently" is a strong word. Also, like a majority of said hax is non-standard AF which DB tends to not go for or simply shit like elemental crap.

But I'm not here to debate. I was for Kirby in that DB.

Foxthefox1000 said:
It's because they put Kiryu at relativistic too, via scaling to a Gigan feat from the comics

Is it just me or is anyone thinking the sprite of Sindel looks like a shiny Cinccino?

For those who do not know what a Cinccino is:

https://m.archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:GO573_s.png

Many still do to be honest, almost to the level of fanaticism.

To be worse, now we have people who say say One-Punch Ma and My Hero Academia are strong verses, when Bleach fans and Naruto (The Universe) fans are still arguing who can beat whom.

And yeah Marvel Comics and DC Comics are among the strongest verses because of high level extra dimensional deities. Not many people are familiar with the concept of Tier 0 being the summit of the Tiering System and are more concerned about the excitement from the fights. Or, how broken some characters are compared relative to other characters in the verse.

Ah how many people are thinking Korra vs Rey is fairer than Korra vs Storm (Marvel Comics). I sure am.

Hmm. Interesting. I have no doubt that Jason will be faster than and stronger than Leo, but honestly, if we add up the material from not only the cartoons and the comics, Leo is far from a pushover. He has the experience to take on powerful mutants that are on the Power Rangers level, due to being a mutant his strength and durability should be higher than that of the average human, and not only that, but his ninjutsu training has helped him use the environment as his vital point for stealth for many years. That and his strategy and analytical thinking helped him stay ahead in many battles against the likes of the Shredder and the Foot Clan, the Kraang (or Kraang), the Triceratons, and other powerful foes. I'm not saying this is a stomp because it can go either way: Jason does seem to have superior combat training than the Ninja Turtle and has more powerful weapons to use.

But honestly I really believe Leo has this 6/10 due to wider experience, better tactics, stealth, durability, and for honing his skills to the highest degree.

@Jason: The issue with many people, myself included before actually delving into VS stuff, is that flashy cinematics are what dictates how powerful a character is and this is tied with completely underestimating the difference between tiers and lack of knowledge on proper calculations.

For example, if we pit A who atomized a tank against B who blew up a building, most would say B wins because the building feat is more impressive looking, despite if atomizing a tank is calced as much superior. This gets worse if B did so with 10% of his power or another of those arbitrary percentages anime and manga love to throw around. People actually may thing "Oh, if a tenth of his power was enough to destroy that building his full power may be enough to destroy the city!". I know because I was also pretty guilty of that at some point, as well as the belief that if the character isn't blowing up continents he can't be that strong.

@EJ: I'd be happy with an outcome like that to be honest. Truth is I am rooting for Jason, but a good factor is how I just want the Power Rangers to get a break by this point, kinda what happened with Street Fighter back then. But if Jason can put a good fight and goes down like a champ, I'd be happy for Leo's victory.

Phantom Falcon said:
its probably beerus vs someone like arceus, tho i hope its hades from saint seiya or galaxia from sailor moon, despite him losing to both
Between Sailor Galaxia or Hades, Galaxia is a far more likely candidate since Sailor Moon is more popular than Saint Seiya (at least in the USA).

I only hope this isn't another DBZ vs DC/Marvel, or worse a DBZ vs Pokemon.

Someone commented earlier about Sailor Moon vs Beerus, but isn't Sailor Moon vs Madoka more likely? Magical Girls who became Gods seems much more fitting as a comparison, even if Madoka roflstomps Sailor Moon just in terms of pure AP.

Either way, I hope DB does a Magical Girl Death Battle already, it's ridiculous that we haven't gotten one yet.

Have we got word of what Leonardo depiction they are using? Because its only fair if this is 4Kids Leo, otherwise, I dont ever see him winning.

Back