• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (1) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Tipper17 said:
It isn't the Next match it was already said it doesn't involve a dc/marvel character Plus we have no confirmation of Archie sonic facing the flash this season
We have had it been built up and have been building up the tension frequently this season. Death Battle said that there was going to be a 70% chance that it would happen this season, then they said that a loser from season 5 was going to return in this season and Sonic was one of them and then they were talking about Archie Sonic in one of the most recent Death Battle Casts this season, building up the anticipation, because it's going to be a very hyped and insane Death Battle episode that will probably happen late in the season or maybe even in the season finale.

Oh shit. Do Eggman and Wily count as losers? We have no idea if that relates to the mext DB but if it does... Bowser lost. X also lost.

But I feel like Bowser is the most popular combatant in the Losers Bracket aside from Goku and Luigi.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Oh shit. Do Eggman and Wily count as losers? We have no idea if that relates to the mext DB but if it does... Bowser lost. X also lost.
But I feel like Bowser is the most popular combatant in the Losers Bracket aside from Goku and Luigi.
No, it's a character featured in season 5 that is going to return, Eggman, Wily, Bowser, Luigi, Goku and X are not from season 5, so they will not get in season 7.

:
No, it's a character featured in season 5 that is going to return, Eggman, Wily, Bowser, Luigi, Goku and X are not from season 5, so they will not get in season 7.

From leaks:

Two recurring combatants will come as "next time" Death Battle combatants. Neither comes from DC Comics or Marvel Comics.

One Season 5 loser will come back during Season 7 (by this I mean at least one Season 5 loser).

So technically Thor (Marvel Comics) vs Vegeta (Dragon Ball Super) and Flash (Barry Allen) (Post-Crisis) vs Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave) can happen but not right next time.

The next time are likely the below:

A season 5 loser will be coming back?

Well, the likeliest options are Carnage (possibly Crona's opponent); Thanos (please don't be Beerus's match); I would've said Twilight if mot for the temp ban on MLP, but Sonic (against The Flash later?); And possibly Pit as the researchers didn't all want Sora Vs. Pit and a very popular thing back in the day among them was Pit Vs. Kratos.

Foxthefox1000 said:
A season 5 loser will be coming back?

Well, the likeliest options are Carnage (possibly Crona's opponent); Thanos (please don't be Beerus's match); I would've said Twilight if mot for the temp ban on MLP, but Sonic (against The Flash later?); And possibly Pit as the researchers didn't all want Sora Vs. Pit and a very popular thing back in the day among them was Pit Vs. Kratos.
Soul Eater Crona?

Doesn't Archie Sonic absolutley haxstomp Flash? He should be faster too in base form when Flash hasn't tapped into the Speed Force. Flash can react and dodge in a femtosecond whilst Sonic can react, move and attack in one tenth of a femtosecond, putting him ten times faster. Also, he has that universe planet visiting speed feat that makes him faster than Wally West's planck instant feat if not lowballed.

TitanCrusher101 said:
This is why I never got this fight. It's just an easy win for Sonic, not even a contest. Game Sonic is a more even match tbh.
But that is not how Rooster Teeth thought on base game Sonic.

Screwattack Sonic scaled to his fight against Metal Sonic, when they shattered an enormous stalactite weighing almost forty-seven million tons, which means a break like this would need a force of almost two hundred kilotons of TNT.

Basically Screwattack views DC heralds as crazily strong unless one is even stronger and tougher and faster, or have some hax those versatile beings do not resist. And I mean Penance Stare haxxed or Zarathos strong.

Crona is sort of an unknown, I don't think they would Carnage against if them if they bring him back.

Thanos Vs Beerus will likely be one hell of a shitstorm regardless of winner.

The Smashor said:
I think it happens tomorrow, not today.
In about an hour for Rooster Teeth First Members, in more than one day on Youtube.

Ah, Death Battle Wiki now teaches peeps to use DBW specific spoiler tabs. And that code does not work on our site.

I hope Sonic wins against Flash, because Mario vs Sonic 2 was wrong and they should make up it for giving him someone really powerful that he can win against...

You mean like how this site has Sonic bias?

Archie does win tho, in all seriousness. While I don't agree with fatehax and Low 2-C base, Super Sonic stomps.

@Cat

While Low 2-C is debatable, I think his passive fate hax is pretty solid. Several times in the comics, it is shown that he literally has plot armor thanks to all of the power rings he absorbed.

Unoriginal Memes said:
It would definitely be a better match if they chose Wally over Barry.
And it would be better if this was Archie Sonic fighting Flash, otherwise, Flash blitzes Game Sonic with sheer strength.

Eh. Pretty sure RT believe Flash is faster than Archie Sonic. But it's whatever. Gane Sonic gets shit on so it's not a good match either way.

Speaking of, next time is VERY disappointing IMO. The MU itself isn't unpopular, but I just feel people hypes it up too much, especially the researchers for saying it was highly requested or will make people happy, and I have a feeling the one character is just gonna win again because the RT has a composite of that characters at Star level.

Spoiler-free review of Black Canary vs Sindel:

-Research was decent overall. I think both were exaggerated a bit. One feat in particular seemed like quite an odd choice to go with. You'll know it when you see it.

-Wiz and Boomstick still look like that, sorry.

-2-D animation was pretty good...when it was side-facing like a fighting game. Sindel walking towards the camera looked super janky.

-Sindel's model had hair and thighs for days, good God. Damn near a Bobobo afro on her head.

-VA were pretty good for both, both fighters were in character.

-There was a moment in the fight animation that almost contradicted itself. I know the animation doesn't matter overall, but one moment just made me go "wait..."

-Next DB was inspired by a certain tv crossover 22 years ago...and a comic crossover that just started two months ago. That one I didn't know about.

So I skipped the first fight and like....man does Boomstick look odd....like that mouth....I miss the Boomstick from last season.

Sorvoe551 said:
Spoiler-free review of Black Canary vs Sindel:

-Research was decent overall. I think both were exaggerated a bit. One feat in particular seemed like quite an odd choice to go with. You'll know it when you see it.

-Wiz and Boomstick still look like that, sorry.

-2-D animation was pretty good...when it was side-facing like a fighting game. Sindel walking towards the camera looked super janky.

-Sindel's model had hair and thighs for days, good God. Damn near a Bobobo afro on her head.

-VA were pretty good for both, both fighters were in character.

-There was a moment in the fight animation that almost contradicted itself. I know the animation doesn't matter overall, but one moment just made me go "wait..."

-Next DB was inspired by a certain tv crossover 22 years ago...and a comic crossover that just started two months ago. That one I didn't know about.
you monster! how could you forget to rate the music?!?!?!

Back