• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (1) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I am honestly curious as to how they would implement Yugi at all. I mean he does have summoning and battling in real fights with monsters but is much more scarce than Ash or other "monster tamers"

TartaChocholate said:
I am honestly curious as to how they would implement Yugi at all. I mean he does have summoning and battling in real fights with monsters but is much more scarce than Ash or other "monster tamers"
The same way as how they did it in Jump Super Stars, Jump Ultimate Stars and Jump Force.

I just thought of an amazing matchup.

K' vs Gunvolt
Two people taken from their families at a really young age by evil corporations (NESTS and Sumeragi), given the powers of someone else (Kyo for K', the first Adept for Gunvolt) to be used as a weapon, before escaping and joining a team to resist that corporation. After helping defeat that corporation (Doing much of the work single-handedly), they then fought against a cult (Those from the Past and Eden). They've also fought against someone who was given the same DNA/Powers as them (K9999 and Asimov), are friends with an artificially created girl also involved in the aforementioned corporation (Kula and Joule), have a connection to a fan favorite non-canon character with a tragic backstory (Nameless and Blade), who in turn have a connection to a girl who has a connection the the aforementioned artificially created girls who dies (Isolde and Mytyl), are hated by a guy with red in their color scheme just because of the origin of their powers (Copen and Iori) and are from series nobody in America has ever heard of.
I've made three fanon Death Battles with Gunvolt and I regret not having any of them be this.

Yeah K' AP stomps and Gunvolt has way better hax, but shut up this is cool

The Smashor said:
I just thought of an amazing matchup.
You may be surprised Ben Singer actually loves AP vs hax Death Battle episodes or even hax vs hax episodes.

Just if any general audience (talking among those 1M ~ 10M viewers) have any interest towards Azure Striker Gunvolt. (Also, The King of Fighters used to be popular among Asians but fades away nowadays.)

To be fair, Terry's inclusion in the Super Smash Brothers Ultimate has increased intrest in KOF, and a lack in intrest in the series didn't stop them with Mai and Terry. While Gunvolt isn't too terribly famous, Azure Striker Gunvolt is probably the most famous non-Shovel Knight non-Shante non-hated Indie Game.

@Gilgamesh

If we treat the fight like he's in the virtual world, the Ancient Egypt game, or in a big Shadow Game like the recent movie, yes, he can. Otherwise, no. But, if he's put into a fight, it would have to be made in character for him to do a Shadow Game. He can, but he stopped doing that once Duelist Kingdom ended

Note before the the QnA, Ben clarified that this season will have 20 episodes and it'll be released once every two weeks. There will be 10 DBs, a hiatus to do 10 DBXs, then back to DB. It still happens on Sundays for First Members and now Monday for YT.

Miles vs Static QnA time:

Now that you're doing 20 episodes a season, does that mean the production time will be shorter? How will this affect the season's quality? No, the schedule remains the same, they just started early. The DBX hiatus allows them to keep up with this new schedule since that's mainly freelance animators. They've scheduled it carefully, the season shouldn't drop in quality because of it. Ben also stated that they're working more closely with the Camp Camp animators and they're aware of what we think about the Wiz and Boomstick redesigns (they look weird, but they can be more animated). They're fixing them.

To Luis (head animator for the fight): Did you intend for the fight to look like Into the Spider-Verse? Yes he did. It's what really made Miles popular and everyone at DB loves that movie.

To Chad (Boomstick): During the fight, Miles mentioned he had places to be the next day, but he can't get to them now. How does it feel to have destroyed a young man's future plans? Chad's confused that the concern is that his plans were ruined and not the fact that Miles is dead.

In the Black Canary vs Sindel fight, will headphone users die? No, the audio is balanced, you'll be fine.

Not really many questions concerning the verdict, seems everyone agreed. Who knew?

Sorvoe551 said:
@Gilgamesh
If we treat the fight like he's in the virtual world, the Ancient Egypt game, or in a big Shadow Game like the recent movie, yes, he can. Otherwise, no. But, if he's put into a fight, it would have to be made in character for him to do a Shadow Game. He can, but he stopped doing that once Duelist Kingdom ended
What about the effects of the cards?And if that's true,why is put like Illusion Creation?

Also,i believe the God Cards are Universal

Tipper17 said:
So Canary vs sindel fight next week?
The preview for Black Canary was Today, so the preview for Sindel will be the 10th and the actual fight will be the 17th, if they continue like they've been doing. Because they go Preview-Preview-Fight!

madara being moon is dumb lol. he's small planet, and so is aizen. Yhwach's wandenreich feat is small planet, not planet, and aizen isnt 100% on par with Yhwach. Even then, the calculation seems highballed a tad bit, so i called it smol planet for the benefit of the doubt.

in terms of speed, madara is FTL and so is Aizen, but Aizen has a slight speed edge via being able to roughly keep up and his teleportation and potential time stop allows him more options for attacking and dodging.

the real fight relies on who's hax is better, and while aizen is haxxy as **** and can certainly win some situations, there's nothing stopping Madara from absorbing and nullifying spiritual energy, which most of aizen's attacks consist of, trap him in the infinite tsukuyomi, seal him away permanently, destroy him on a molecular level with truth seeking orbs, or all 4 at the same time

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
It also depends if DB factors in the Bleach and Naruto movies also.
they included The Last for Naruto, so they might for Ichigo, but i dont think it changes the verdict. Madara should win in a relatively clear cut fight with mid difficulty

need i remind you we had starscream vs rainbowdash where starscream was just incapacitated

sigma didnt even die against ultron, he just got his code assimilated, which is permanent incapitation afaik

either way, madara is fully capable of killing aizen so it donut matter

Madotsuki24 said:
Truth seeking orbs could work...

Also, how is Madara FTL? I thought he only had a light speed attack...
Six paths sage mode naruto dodged the light fang attack

madara was capable of roughly keeping up with him, and later on, toyed with him

therefore, madara should also be FTL

from what i've heard, grand and akuma, two of the researchers, are researching it and grand has stated that its a long overdue fight and that he's excited for it

grand loves pokemon and akuma likes sonic. sonic movie is coming this month so some peeps are thinking its greninja vs espio, which is sucks a lot imo

Back