• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (1) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I was thinking Beerus may fight Thanos as a returning appearance, or if they dont want characters returning, then it should be probably Bill Cipher.

I just thought a good opponent for Obi-Wan might be Roku from Avatar. They're both wise masters who teach the chosen one character and end up becoming ghosts to continue passing on knowledge.

Beerus is a weird one. I hope they pick a good opponent.

DB team IIRC doesn't support Multiversal Arceus so if they did Beerus Vs. Arceus this place would be mad.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Beerus is a weird one. I hope they pick a good opponent.

DB team IIRC doesn't support Multiversal Arceus so if they did Beerus Vs. Arceus this place would be mad.
Wait, what? Why not? That isn't even VBW cheese. OBD's had Arceus at multiversal before even we did. If it were like, the hax, sure, I could understand, but the power? Exceedingly blatant that Arceus is at least some level of Multiversal.

Eh. Tbf my info is sonewhat archaic as I remember it being said on the SA Forums a while back, so perhaps they changed their minds.

But I mean, there's also the issue of speed, as even the OBD has people on Narutoforums questioning why Arceus is at the speed rating he's been designated. IIRC, even the next best thing and scaling to the Alola Trio of legends would still have Arceus as slower than Beerus, to which some believe Arceus can then be "blitzed", or rather, Hakai'd.

The DB team has never made any comment on multiversal Arceus. I personally don't buy it, but that's for my own reasons and I'd rather not start another argument lol.

Though I think Beerus should win either way. Arceus still gets blitzed no matter what and shouldn't really have a counter to just getting Hakai'd. Beerus's speed is still shown in the series to be comparable to Whis, with the 3/4 statement, and that's still way faster than Arceus.

I don't see why you don't believe it.

There's statements like Palkia's and Arceus in the movie literally shaking 4 dimensions, with one being a universe and the others being enough to count as at least another universe, in it's freaking sleep. It's also stated to be the supreme deity and is the creator of the universe, so why wouldn't it be retconned to have created the multiverse now that we know of it and the fact it created, or rather, predated Time and Space, of which those exists across every dimension and parallel timeline by very basic definition.

But it's okay. You can believe whatever you want even despite pretty damning evidence.

As for the Hakai, how potent is it? Can it erase every single manifestation of that person across multiple timelines and all? You IIRC believe in the multiple Arceus stuff and discount them simply being Avatars so how does Beerus fully eradicate something that exists in a multitude of other universes, thus, never truly dying? As far as I know, Beerus also can't traverse universes without Whis. That's something Death Battle hasn't touched upon yet regarding a character IIRC. Hell, people can straight-up resist a Hakai who are even weaker than Beerus himself and it's treated in-universe as just them simply being strong-willed and powerful, of which Arceus should at the very least stalemate Beerus in AP.

Speaking of wills, how does this even work? Arceus was supposed to have created the embodiments or personification of Will, Emotion, and such. Does Beerus fall in-line with the concepts created by Arceus?

It's never said that Beerus is 3/4 Whis' speed, btw. People say that because it took a casual Beerus 12 minutes to read somewhere as opposed to a casual Whis 9.

Ah, sorry about the misconception. Regardless, I doubt Beerus is just so many leagues behind Whis in speed as to not still have significant advantage against Arceus. He can still at the very least vaguely keep up with Whis in training and is said to have a limited form of Ultra Instinct on top of that.

Psychomaster35 said:
I was thinking Beerus may fight Thanos as a returning appearance, or if they dont want characters returning, then it should be probably Bill Cipher.
Beerus shares nothing in common with either characters so that pointless

I mean, Beerus can't keep up. It takes a single casual chop from Whis to stomp Beerus and we know he's way faster. Whis also trains Goku and Vegeta and they can barely scratch Whis. With Whis being quad c, it's kinda hard to judge exactly where anyone places when going up against him when he's always so casual.

I mean, Whis also states that he goes as fast as possible in training, so the fact that Beerus can somewhat track his movements and not be totally shitblitzed by him is still impressive. Plus, the 12 minutes thing is still a decent indicator that Beerus isn't totally leagues behind Whis in speed. I think it's fine to give it to him but eh, I see why others disagree.

Well anyways whoever beerus opponent be I hope it'll be a good one cause half of his requested opponents stomp him

The real question is will Asura be used this season?

Yeah, all of Beerus's preferred matches stomp him. Arceus, Galaxia, and Hades are the big three, but Thanos and Darkseid do the same too. Only one that's in his favor is Bill, and that's only via speedblitz. There's also Asura but he's almost always put up against Broly.

Kingo the Sixth said:
The DB team has never made any comment on multiversal Arceus.
Lousy iirc said he doesn't buy it, or at least that he doesn't know where it comes from aside from unproven claims. That was a while ago though.

Honestly, with all the summons, it would be difficult af. But again, I think she'd be a better opponent for Cynthia. Best champ is faster by a good deal while Lucy is stronger by a good deal.

Back