• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (1) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

HaHa!I knew it

Ep 121 spoilers
Guess the Death Battle crew would not miss this chance to promote Birds of Prey by having Sindel vs Black Canary (Post-Crisis) - just to have Dinah Laurel Lance die and many people scream.
But looks like not many people knows how strong Mortal Kombat "low tier" characters are.

Rey vs Korra is the coming Community Death Battle. Surprise the voting post is not on yet. Wonder if Rooster Teeth staff were out celebrating the Lunar New Year festivals. (But they knew to post about Spider-Man (Miles Morales) vs Static (DC Comics).

Phantom Falcon said:
how do I spoiler tag
You may quote and then edit from the below bracket

Thebrawlbro said:
Winner
Static
Next Time
Sindel vs Black Canary

Phantom Falcon said:
bruh are you serious lol.
Ep 121 spoilers
Just look at the profiles. Sindel is put at City Block level to Multi-City Block level. Black Canary (Post-Crisis) is Small Building level+, Black Canary (Smallville) has up to Large Building level without even a calculation blog.
One may argue Black Canary blitzes but only Black Canary (Post-Crisis) actually blitzes and is by scaling to Post Crisis Katana and Post-Crisis Batman which the Death Battle crew are not comfortable at.

Ep 121 spoilers
Just look at the profiles. Sindel is put at City Block level to Multi-City Block level. Black Canary (Post-Crisis) is Small Building level+, Black Canary (Smallville) has up to Large Building level without even a calculation blog.
One may argue Black Canary blitzes but only Black Canary (Post-Crisis) actually blitzes and is by scaling to Post Crisis Katana and Post-Crisis Batman which the Death Battle crew are not comfortable at.
Ep 121 spoilers
VSBW is rarely accurate with their street level marvel and dc pages. there are multiple MCB feats for Marvel street tiers, but they're still large building. Canary's scream as outright damaged ******* herald tiers, and canary has dodged a legit beam of light and red tornado charging at her. Canary is stronger, faster, and has the means necessary to one shot Sindel

Ep 120 spoilers
Animation and voice acting and music are up to standard.
Ep 121 spoilers
I hear that Black Canary's screams reached 300 decibels, which would make up to 2.4 gigatons of TNT. Don't ask why I am not deaf after hearing those.
Who then (beside Antvasima) even allows the downgrade of the Marvel and DC to Small Building when they were stronger in the past? Just adding some "at least Small Building+, possibly Island" would be good enough to bracket their true powers.
Community Death Battle - Korra vs Rey (still no voting page)

One verdict for why Korra should wi

One verdict for why Rey should wi

Either way Static's profile (DC comics) is pretty bad, barebones and outdated after reading up on Statics feats myself as well as seeing the feats shown off in DB, tbh I more or less agree with DBs scaling.

@Falcon

I know, that's what I meant. I went with strength since that Superboy's schtick is using TK to make it look like he has Kryptonian stats. Point being, every other feat we saw for Static wasn't even close to that, which is why I was questioning it.

I'm thinking the Dakotaverse stuff should be its own tab since most of it doesn't seem to be referenced by DC and it looks like that's where his better stuff comes from

Dakota verse is canon to Static's history.

Also Static only match 90s Superboy. He's waaaaaay weaker than modern Superboy, his Tactile Telekinises is actually fairly consistent with Static's town level feats.

Base Sindel IS low tier. Shang Tsung soul amped Sindel is a fairly high tier. Wonder how they are gonna make the Sindel take the amp cuz Shang is stronger than her and won't let her just take them. Maybe Canary accidentally kills him and Sindel takes advantage, making the up to then one-sided fight more even.

Jasonsith said:
Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
I tried dude believe me. But people still believe around here that every feat in marvel/dc is an outlier.
That would include saying these listed feats are outliers.

Dude. This changes a lot of things, including the verdict for the coming Black Canary (Post-Crisis) vs Sindel Death Battle.

I mean, it sounds more like Marvel and DC publishers want to keep some of their "street characters" in one band and some other characters at other bands. Like coming with the terms like "street characters", "heralds", "cosmic entities" etc. And the cosmologies of Marvel and DC are considered easier to understand than some other verses and franchises.

Remember the saying: the biggest wankers/downplayers of Marvel and DC are Disney and Warner Bros.

@Jasonsith

While I agree that street tiers for both should be higher, some of those feats listed in the research blog definitely seem like outliers, especially in the speed department. Considering the only one properly labeled shows Mach 1106 and most of the others are fighting MFTL+ people, it doesn't seem consistent in the slightest

tbf, batman has legit dodged lightning, so mach 1106 doesnt seem like a big difference and its already faster than most MK characters, or at least faster than Sindel

MFTL+ i can agree with isnt consistent, but if you're going to argue relativistic low tier MK characters via Kano's lasers, which, while they are light speed, aren't legitimate feats due to sonya not moving in tangem with them, then bringing up Canary dodging a legit ray of light, which moves at light speed, should be fair to use

the only way Sindel can win is if you give her every benefit of the doubt but not apply the same for canary

Prototype and Infamous have been rivals as "Infamous was released a few weeks before Prototype, a game with many similar concepts including a character finding himself with super powers, a large open-world environment that can be traveled by climbing up buildings and gliding about the city, and several other comparisons. This led many game critics to compare and contrast the games." And back then the "VS Battles Wiki" system is not widely accepted so many people argue with different points for Alex Mercer and for Cole MacGrath respectively. And Cole did not have separate profiles and Alex was still 8-A to Low 7-C.

However, one thing sure: Cole curbstomps Electro (Marvel Comics) so forget this matchup at least for Death Battle. Maybe for DBX.

Back