• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

The biggest confirmation was that they take Persona = SMT. That has some big implications if we ever have higher end match-ups for Persona.
Wait, they also included Devil Summoner in one of the black boxes! And they scaled to Lucifer! It was part of their reasoning for Almighty attacks bypassing reality warping from stronger characters than Gold Experience Requiem.

The biggest confirmation was that they take Persona = SMT. That has some big implications if we ever have higher end match-ups for Persona.
So it's confirmed Weiss Vs Mitsuru is in fact one of the biggest stomps in DB history (ironically close if Weiss gets cross-tag scaling lol).
This isn't really argued, more so that Bowser's items triumph Eggman, like the one where he just summons the entire Mario verse.
Ok... I get the doomposting but just... wow...

I guess Eggman needs a sundisk feat?

Max level and still using Jack Frost + Arsene. What a chad.

Though he should have just Heat Riser + Megidolaon'd Giorno.
Tbh Joker can canonically jump you with entire pantheons of deities and demons, Giorno actually got off quite lightly.

What even are Bowser's wincons? He seems to be entirely reliant on super forms to win.
Here's how I can see things going, assuming that Bowser ends up winning:

Bowser will end up being stronger than Eggman, both in base and with their higher forms. Bowser's hax would be able to counteract some of Eggman's beefier abilities and machines, I could even see them arguing that Bowser and Kamek's transmutation shenanigans could counteract shit like the Metal Virus. Bowser's sheer durability and survivability would enable him to withstand anything Eggman throws his way, he'll, I wouldn't be surprised if Dry Bowser had a presence in this fight. And, if what I assume will be the case, Bowser's higher end forms like Dreamy Bowser or when has the Pure Hearts would allow him to trounce Eggman.

Mind you: none of these are indicators for what Death Battle will end up using in the end, but I'm just basing it off how I think they'll handle things.

Does Bowser have any counters to Eggman grabbing him by the tail and then swinging him into three conveniently placed explosives around the arena? Or for Eggman touching an axe that destroys the bridge Bowser is standing off that just so happens to be above a pool of lava?

Does Bowser have any counters to Eggman grabbing him by the tail and then swinging him into three conveniently placed explosives around the arena? Or for Eggman touching an axe that destroys the bridge Bowser is standing off that just so happens to be above a pool of lava?
Counterpoint: all Bowser has to do is bonk Eggman's machines a couple times and he wins.

Me looking at the chances of KiraDachi happening at all.
Don't leave me!! : r/sadcomics

That fight was fine but all of it felt a bit... strange. Both sides analysis felt a bit undercooked. The animation was, while visually fine, felt a bit stiff and choppy. The battle also didn't last for as long as it perhaps should of. The final clash between GER and Sinful Shell also felt it should have been more grand than what it was. Perhaps it was rushed?

On to how Joker bypassed GER, I'm not that big of a fan of it, especially on GER's end. DB said in the black box that Araki wrote EoH and because of that RTZ was weak to reality warping and thus all almighty attacks bypass it. The problem however is that involves straight up false information. Araki did not write the EoH story, he only supervised it. Hiroshi Matasuyama and Noriaki Niino actually wrote the story with Araki basically telling them to write something original and keep the story with the theme of JoJo. He also helped out with character designs. That's all Araki did. At that point use novel and shooters scaling for GER, both are as equally canon as EoH (if not more in the latters case). Additionally, EoH GER works mechanically different then canon GER so them using it is even more dodgy.

DB using Joker's physiology as the 'trickster' who defies fate as well as explaining the depths of cognition and the collective unconscious and how Joker scales to it would've been a much better explanation for bypassing GER than just 'lol GER lost to reality warping in a non-canon game'

Overall I give the episode 6 out of 10. Correct winner. Great soundtrack. Good visuals (though the animation can be a bit choppy at times). Analysis was okay (seriously why did they scale base GE to Star Platinum???). Fight felt short. Ending of fight felt underwhelming and the final clash should have been greater than what was shown. Reasons for bypassing GER involved straight up wrong information and should've used better options.

Last edited:
Giorno is the only mf I've seen thar gets weaker once you get his non canon stuff. Unbelievable.
To be honest, he would probably get weaker if he had more canon appearances.

GER is funny because it's vague and only appeared briefly. So a lot can be interpreted on his powers from that short amount of time + stats + guidebooks.

With more appearances that level of interpretation and vague vs debating goes away. And Shonen loves to make strong characters get beat by new villains to raise the stakes.

Unless they go 11D Mario Cosmology they are about even.
I never understood how this became popular in the first place, to be honest.

Like just think about it: the only reference to 11-D in Mario, as far as I know, comes from that Master of Disguise Warrior game on the DS. And the reference in itself comes from one of the items you can get in the game being called String Theory Soul, with the description saying:
"All the secrets of the universe are contained in this soup. Drink not, lest you learn more than man was ever meant to know."

I don't know how anyone looked at this, missing the comedic tone of the game, and said that this was legitimate. Especially since, again, this is the only known reference to this sort of shit in the franchise afaik.

Giorno is the only mf I've seen thar gets weaker once you get his non canon stuff. Unbelievable.
They kinda crippled Sauron's immeasurable speed by confusing it with the non-canon stuff to make it teleportation. Also technically made his scaling weaker since non-canon stuff makes others in-verse a lot closer to his level.

There's probably other characters.

I never understood how this became popular in the first place, to be honest.

Like just think about it: the only reference to 11-D in Mario, as far as I know, comes from that Master of Disguise Warrior game on the DS. And the reference in itself comes from one of the items you can get in the game being called String Theory Soul, with the description saying:
"All the secrets of the universe are contained in this soup. Drink not, lest you learn more than man was ever meant to know."

I don't know how anyone looked at this, missing the comedic tone of the game, and said that this was legitimate. Especially since, again, this is the only known reference to this sort of shit in the franchise afaik.
See you in 3 weeks.

Back