• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

My review btw:

*I actually didn't mind the 2D rig animations and at times it looked quite stylized but I understand it's not for everyone and it can be stiff also I liked Jack Frost and Alice being used (one is the SMT/P mascot and the other is a SMT/P fan favourite with interesting lore).

*The VA'ing was pretty good, always a fun time seeing two rebellious protags with supernatural charisma bouncing off each other while fighting to a sweet soundtrack.

*I enjoyed the little P5 social link skit and the reactions to Gio's "colourful" heritage, both got a chuckle from me.

*Both characters were treated with a fair measure of respect and how a simple act of kindness (Ren trying to protect a woman and Gio helping a injured man) sparked their crazy cosmic journeys into the supernatural.

*Bonus points for having an outcome and research that made feasible sense.

8/10 episode for me and I appreciated all the nods and winks to the game mechanics of the Persona games while making it clear just how ridiculous GER is and against other combatants it's pretty much an auto-win (but Ren/Joker/Akira is just HIM!).

Last edited:
See you in 3 weeks.
I'm just saying:

If Death Battle ends up taking the String Theory Soup shit seriously, that would completely cripple any sort of trust and faith people have with Death Battle's ability to do proper and well thought of research. I'd even go as far as to say that it would be way worse then the Sundisk shit from OmniDock, because at least the sun disk feat is something that actually exists in Invincible unlike String Theory in Mario.

Regardless of the victor, at least give EggBow their due. The last time either of them were in DB they were downplayed into oblivion.
To be fair Bowser wasn't too downplayed overall (Although making his intelligence so low to the point of illteracy and giving him like 3 of his abilities was stupid as hell lmao) it was more so they absurdly wanked Ganondorf and gave him the funny "Oh it's literally impossible to kill him without a holy weapon" thing.

Screenshot_20241027_141753.png

String theory is really unuseful nowadays unless the verse operates on brane cosmology or something similar. The verse already has stronger higher-dimensional arguments, such as the Cutout and Matter Splatter galaxy. However, the issue is that no characters actually scale to the former, and the latter is more of a reach, relying on loosely interpreted evidence

ngl, the episode was a 4/10 for me

Giorno was stomping until Joker just one shot him

The fight animation was boring, clunky and ugly

The fight was short af

Really, the only good thing about the episode is the song

So you know Part 3 Dio? JJ Dio turns Giorno's corpse into that.
Oof.

This is reminds me, I'm watching METAs' (he's a JoJo power scaler) stream, and one of his friends brought up something funny. Basically every other piece of media GER shows up besides the manga actually makes GER weaker (mostly because he gets washed by the main antagonists).

(By the way, METAs and co. agree with the episode).

String theory is really unuseful nowadays unless the verse operates on brane cosmology or something similar. The verse already has stronger higher-dimensional arguments, such as the Cutout and Matter Splatter galaxy. However, the issue is that no characters actually scale to the former, and the latter is more of a reach, relying on loosely interpreted evidence
Matter Splatter Galaxy? I know what that stage is, but I didn't know that had some higher dimensional arguments to it.

Do you mind elaborating? I don't care if it's considered a reach or not, I just want to know the thought process behind it and what the evidence is.

Maaaaybe 5D Sonic if you use Hypertimelines as "there exists at least 2 different universes, therefore there exists a higher one to hold them". But then Pure Hearts kind of also get 5D for that.
Hypertimeline is for a dimension of time beyond regular one. Sonic gets it because characters can use time abilities in White Space which is timeless (Thus there's a hypertimeline). Although both Eggman and Bowser are being placed at 2-A at BEST.

Maaaaybe 5D Sonic if you use Hypertimelines as "there exists at least 2 different universes, therefore there exists a higher one to hold them". But then Pure Hearts kind of also get 5D for that.
There is also cutout, but I hate how Mario fans keep arguing that the hearts can affact it when there is no evidence for it

Also also, I find the death the worst out of the rest of the JoJo eps if the Sinful Shell went back to Satanael but it resisted and continued forward then led to GER Mudaing it until he completely shatters like DIO did in his fight with Jotaro instead of him having his arm blown off, it could've been so much cooler than it was.
That's my issue it felt anti climatic and should've been where RTZ kicks in but you see sinfell shell fighting back

I'll be serving up premium, high-end Giorno cope all day for those who want it:

If you think about it, the fight animation actually made GER way stronger, because Joker saw him as such a threat that he felt like he had to straight up kill him rather than just steal his treasure like he normally would. (I know the research says he could just kill him normal almighty attacks, but I'm just referring to the animation for cope purposes.)

Oof.

This is reminds me, I'm watching METAs' (he's a JoJo power scaler) stream, and one of his friends brought up something funny. Basically every other piece of media GER shows up besides the manga actually makes GER weaker (mostly because he gets washed by the main antagonists).

(By the way, METAs and co. agree with the episode).
that's wrong though? The only two other pieces of media GER lost in was Eyes of Heaven and Jorge Joestar.

Eyes of Heaven has already been discussed here

Jorge Joestar I'd argue doesn't even count because Giorno wanted to be Dio and that they were working together the entire time. Also Dio had Beyond by this side, tf you want GER to do lol. Hell in the novel GER straight up one-shots Pucci with void shenanigans despite MiH being at insane acceleration as well as negating his own death. Given what GER does in that novel, I'd argue it's stronger than canon GER tbh

Every piece of media other that those two bigs up GER, whether in All Star Battle where GER is the only stand in the game that no sells MiH and referred to as the 'Supreme' ability in the glossary, Stardust Shooters where it greatly expands on what RTZ can do and makes it more busted, Lost Survivor where GER no sells all attacks from every other stand in the game, etc. Not even talking about the guidebooks where they straight up jack GER off

So does Bowser have a chance? Death Battle will probably ignore the 6D stuff so...?
There are several reasons which have been listed on previous pages here on the thread. But the main arguments in Bowser's victory are greater strength and durability, counters to Eggman's beefier options, and having his own options which shut down Eggman's best options for victory.

Plus DB usually scales Mario characters above Game Sonic characters so that stacks things in Bowser's victory, though I will still retain the thought process that it'll be a lot closer than what some people are trying to paint it as.

Back