• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

This Death Battle is awful, a hoax, worse than Omniman vs Bardock, worse than Toph vs Gaara, the worst Death Battle verdict of all time, how can my almighty omniversal king Giorno lose to gang violence? He just shot him and that's it, no theatrics or anything, he just killed Giorno by shooting him once. Where's the death loop? The willpower RTZ? The **** you mean Joker just shots Giorno to death ONCE and wins??? This is unbelievable, horseshit, I have never seen a Death Battle so wrong in all of my life. The wrongest Death Battle out of all the wrong Death Battles. "But the spin-offs! BUT the spin-offs!!" nobody plays the spin-off Jojo games, nuh-uh, doesn't count, not canon, do you think if GER would had lost to basic bitch reality warping, that Araki wouldn't have written that into part 5? He would have. But he didn't, so Giorno doesn't get cucjked by basic bitch reality warping. This cant be, this is impossible, the swank isnt real, the swank is fraudulent, swank gets your goat shot in an drive by shootout. I sitill cant believe this, is Giorno a fraud??? Thats impossible, that cant be, Giornos not a fraud, hes cool and he resets all actions to zero, that would have included joker. iT should have included joker. No, its death battle who are wrong. Giorno is unbeatable, omnipotent, no emo anime boy wank can touch him. This cant be. I am losing a bet and my cousin is already calling me to ask me for the money. That was the money I was planning on spending on my gacha games. If I pay this bet I would go like a week or two without gambling on gacha... or I could just run away. That's it, I am running away. If I change my name, house, identity, I woulnd't need to pay my debts heheheh
what-are-your-turn-offs-about-bots-this-might-be-unpopular-v0-bxvfnjb6fskc1.jpeg

This Death Battle is awful, a hoax, worse than Omniman vs Bardock, worse than Toph vs Gaara, the worst Death Battle verdict of all time, how can my almighty omniversal king Giorno lose to gang violence? He just shot him and that's it, no theatrics or anything, he just killed Giorno by shooting him once. Where's the death loop? The willpower RTZ? The **** you mean Joker just shots Giorno to death ONCE and wins??? This is unbelievable, horseshit, I have never seen a Death Battle so wrong in all of my life. The wrongest Death Battle out of all the wrong Death Battles. "But the spin-offs! BUT the spin-offs!!" nobody plays the spin-off Jojo games, nuh-uh, doesn't count, not canon, do you think if GER would had lost to basic bitch reality warping, that Araki wouldn't have written that into part 5? He would have. But he didn't, so Giorno doesn't get cucjked by basic bitch reality warping. This cant be, this is impossible, the swank isnt real, the swank is fraudulent, swank gets your goat shot in an drive by shootout. I sitill cant believe this, is Giorno a fraud??? Thats impossible, that cant be, Giornos not a fraud, hes cool and he resets all actions to zero, that would have included joker. iT should have included joker. No, its death battle who are wrong. Giorno is unbeatable, omnipotent, no emo anime boy wank can touch him. This cant be. I am losing a bet and my cousin is already calling me to ask me for the money. That was the money I was planning on spending on my gacha games. If I pay this bet I would go like a week or two without gambling on gacha... or I could just run away. That's it, I am running away. If I change my name, house, identity, I woulnd't need to pay my debts heheheh

What copium does to a mfer

Just did some quick math

Joker won 91385 yen in the fight and gained 0 experience

Giorno wasn't even strong enough to warrent any XP gain and Joker stole $600 from him LOL
Man, lol.

It being in a palace aside....

Did Giorno even have $600, liquid or otherwise by the end of Part 5?

Heck, how do the numbers work out when we consider that Part 5 takes place in Italy & is set in the year 2001? Currency conversion & inflation to account for, right?

Something I just realized, they didn't really bring up any of of Joker's status ailment abilities or his items. Maybe they didn't think it'd change anything about the fight overall, but this does kinda feel like Mitsuru/Weiss and Doctor/Rick where they gave enough to explain the win without it looking like too much of a mismatch.

Granted with that advantages/disadvantages screen...
That's exactly what they did. They didn't go into Joker's higher scaling, and while they brought up many of Joker's abilities and SMT, they didn't go into them very much.

Just did some quick math

Joker won 91385 yen in the fight and gained 0 experience

Giorno wasn't even strong enough to warrent any XP gain and Joker stole $600 from him LOL
I mean Joker is already max level so does XP really matter? That said killing a 15 year old with a metaphysical bullet infused with the concepts of the cardinal deadly sins for an arrow and 600 bucks is wild!
What even are Bowser's wincons? He seems to be entirely reliant on super forms to win.
Wanking Bowser and Kamek in haxlords that will just steal Eggman's items and hax him to death.
Translated:
*Transmutation.
*Sonic and Mario power-ups cancelling each other out causing the battle to end in physical confrontation where Bowser naturally wins.
*Power and item stealing.

Man, lol.

It being in a palace aside....

Did Giorno even have $600, liquid or otherwise by the end of Part 5?

Heck, how do the numbers work out when we consider that Part 5 takes place in Italy & is set in the year 2001? Currency conversion & inflation to account for, right?
I mean if you want more accurate numbers

Assuming this takes place literally the the first day of the first month after P5 Royal ended (March 1st 2017) then it'd be $800.

Wanking Bowser and Kamek in haxlords that will just steal Eggman's items and hax him to death.
FWIW, I don't know if it's applicable, but Jamboree gave some new stuff.

Kamek can create grayscale clones of Mario Party characters, who seem to function just like the real ones.
Impostor Bowser is just a Toady Kamek altered. There might be some scaling because in Bowser's Kaboom Squad, he can insta-bubble opponents on contact. He yields Stars when damaged enough, which grant invincibility to the team of 8, who can then remotely attack him, & all he can do is guard until his guard is broken, IIRC. So who knows? Kamek might be able to make fodder into Bowser-level(maybe ??) enemies, & Stars can grant their "invincibility" effects to up to 8 at once?

FWIW, I don't know if it's applicable, but Jamboree gave some new stuff.

Kamek can create grayscale clones of Mario Party characters, who seem to function just like the real ones.
Impostor Bowser is just a Toady Kamek altered. There might be some scaling because in Bowser's Kaboom Squad, he can insta-bubble opponents on contact. He yields Stars when damaged enough, which grant invincibility to the team of 8, who can then remotely attack him, & all he can do is guard until his guard is broken, IIRC. So who knows? Kamek might be able to make fodder into Bowser-level(maybe ??) enemies, & Stars can grant their "invincibility" effects to up to 8 at once?
I don't think they will use the new Mario Party game for this battle. It's too recent.

Holy yap

I think I'd honestly give the episode an 8/10

Biggest gripes are with how stiff and kinda janky the puppet rigging looked at time and the shortness of it all. However I can kinda forgive that because using custom sprites that looked really good probably makes that kind of stuff harder. However when Giorno was running or Joker was swinging it really showed the limitations of it. Also wasn't a big fan of how goofy Joker's face looked when he got that one big punch that activated the death loop.

Visually other than the model rigging it looked great though. Got the full flush of popping colors interaction with both Jojo and P5's art styles. Track is definitely a banger and one I'll add to my DB track playlist. I'd say the animation popped off for both combatants a lot, letting them use their own powers against each other in ways I wanted to see. Honestly really happy that Giorno used his life creation powers more than I thought he would. And of course Joker breaking out of the death loop with the most Persona of Persona moments was hype as hell.

Also I'd say the writing was decent too. I didn't cringe at any of the jokes, didn't feel like they really missed with any of them even if I didn't belly laugh. I can already see people getting mad at them using WoH as a justification from a non-canon source but like... they have to use something. GER had 5 minutes of screentime. If they didn't look further into officially written sources he just becomes NLF man.

Also the editing is still on point. Best ones came in Giorno's section with all the RTZ edits.

Back