• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Joker will either not be scaled to what he's at here, or GER will be given the Infinite Stats argument to make the fight seem more comparable.
You know thats a good point, will he be given basically the equivalent of high 3-A from here cuz of the stand stats

Can be argued maybe, but thats stretching it, to be above the spin from part 7, which are literally infinite

"I just don't swing that way, sorry."
I dunno about that one man, I think Mista would have something to say, there.
maxresdefault.jpg

I wish the researchers would post their actual calcs, I don’t see a downside
This is basically what their calculation was like (Copy+pasting from the fight's Death Battle Wiki page):

Distance to L1: 1,500,000,000 m
Disk Size: 596,020,000 m
Disk Volume: 1.0882e+24m^3
Density (glass-based since it's see-through): 2,500 kg/m^3
Sun Disk Mass: 3 Septillion Tons (2.72042878e27 kg)
Broken Disk Piece: 1.94595e26 kg
Displacement Speed (70,854 km/0.25s): 94.5% Speed of Light
Minimum Kinetic Energy Yield: 8,641.8 Quettatons of TNT

Already I feel skeptical looking at the way they did it.

Despite them saying the sun disk was at the L1 point, I don't really know why they had to guesstimate its size at half the size of the sun of all things when the bottom panel shows it most likely isn't that.
Good god, they butchered this feat....
I seen results that highball the shit to just at best low quettatons so really it doesn't make sense to see how they got it that high when nothing remotely implies the sun disk is that big

Every time I comment you start sperging over the fact I didn't like Omni-Man VS Bradock. Meanwhile, all your comments are constantly glazing the show.
No, whenever you comment it's just constant whining about a 2 week old match, when really you should just move the hell on. You're getting annoying, worse than any shill.

and where exactly have I been glazing? I've already talked about my gripes about the research and outcome before, but I'm not extreme with it because I know it isn't anything serious. I also know that despite the research, I enjoyed the animation and fight itself, and that's enough for me to like it, because again, I know it isn't that serious.

So apparently this is the arguments for universal Hellboy check for anyone to see if it hold up

Basically
If joker can resist GER he wins, If not he loses

Simple as
So what are his Resistance feats, then?

We've had stuff in this thread going over RtZ's potency, right? But that's just one side, no?
Also, anyone wanna summarize that? Something about being superior to other Stands due to being unable to be measured as anything but zero or something on the Stand rating system?

We've had stuff in this thread going over RtZ's potency, right? But that's just one side, no?
Also, anyone wanna summarize that? Something about being superior to other Stands due to being unable to be measured as anything but zero or something on the Stand rating system?
There's a couple feats that people use for this argument, but the most notable one would be Joker 'resisting' Maruki's new reality in P5R. I have seen people contest that though, so who's to say if they'll use it (I personally think they will).

Last edited:

So as far as I remember it, Maruki used his powers to rewrite reality using his Cognition that affected the entire world except for Joker. This includes the other members of the Phantom Thieves that should scale partly to Joker's own Cognition, and Maruki stated in the final fight that even if he was to rewrite reality again he couldn't make it so that he could win. Several of the bad ends of P5 Royal are from Joker willingly giving up his willpower, which could be inferred that his willpower is strong enough that it can't just be rewritten by the various warpers in P5 and Royal.

No, whenever you comment it's just constant whining about a 2 week old match, when really you should just move the hell on. You're getting annoying, worse than any shill.

and where exactly have I been glazing? I've already talked about my gripes about the research and outcome before, but I'm not extreme with it because I know it isn't anything serious. I also know that despite the research, I enjoyed the animation and fight itself, and that's enough for me to like it, because again, I know it isn't that serious.
I literally making jokey reference about how they handle criticism, and you proceed to chimp out.

One last thing that I want to add in defense of Joker's willpower is that in P5 Tactica has a character named Toshiro Kasukabe the main new addition. In the game another angel on the level of Yaldabaoth named Salmael tried to erase his willpower to further its goals, and without a Persona of his own he resisted the attack until he then manifested a new power of his own to combat it.

As the story goes on Salmael had to seal Toshiro away and erase his memories to try his plan again, which means to be it still couldn't destroy the willpower of a Persona user even despite not being as experienced as the Phantom Thieves. While I don't really believe that DB is going to really lean into the 'GER can reset Joker's willpower to zero' argument due to how vague it is with no real applications shown in canon (but they do exist, as we've discussed) I feel like this is more evidence that he should be capable of resisting or outright ignoring it.

Edit: And Tactica is canon

Back