• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I'm just wondering how they're going to cover Joker's resistance to causality manip without spoiling the best twist in a 100+ Japanese videogame that the majority of Death Battle's viewership has not watched. Because let's just say I find it hard to believe that GER's causality manip outscales when
Azathoth/Maruki's ability to rewrite the causality of all of existence continuously, it isn't a one and done thing, Joker had to consent to having his willpower stolen (Maruki Palace deadline bad ending) and consent to having his causality and reality manipulated (So Happy World/Paradise/Maruki ending), this is all made evident within the story of the game explicitly even if you don't buy Outer Persona he still resists a REALITY WIDE continuous causality manipulation, they will have to spoil the entire game's story for that though

If Giorno wins it will be hilarious seeing the comparisons and it's just:

Joker
  • 3 octillion times stronger and durable and faster
  • Far more varied in moves
  • Resists/Nulls most of Giornos abilities
  • Cant bypass RtZ

Giorno
  • RtZ prevents instant loss
How does this part work?
  • Could revert Jokers will to 0 leaving him vulnerable
Isn't there some continuity snare associated with this part?
I'm just wondering how they're going to cover Joker's resistance to causality manip without spoiling the best twist in a 100+ Japanese videogame that the majority of Death Battle's viewership has not watched. Because let's just say I find it hard to believe that GER's causality manip outscales when
Azathoth/Maruki's ability to rewrite the causality of all of existence continuously, it isn't a one and done thing, Joker had to consent to having his willpower stolen (Maruki Palace deadline bad ending) and consent to having his causality and reality manipulated (So Happy World/Paradise/Maruki ending), this is all made evident within the story of the game explicitly even if you don't buy Outer Persona he still resists a REALITY WIDE continuous causality manipulation, they will have to spoil the entire game's story for that though
What specifically makes this Causality Manipulation?

Sorry if I'm being annoying or asking dumb questions. Stuff like Causality Manipulation, Law Manipulation, Conceptual Manipulation are often shamefully hard for me to grasp.

How does this part work?

Isn't there some continuity snare associated with this part?
1. Simple, if Joker literally does anything he can instantly kill Giorno but RtZ can revert to it before Joker throws the attack stopping Giorno's death.

2. Continuity snare?

1. Simple, if Joker literally does anything he can instantly kill Giorno but RtZ can revert to it before Joker throws the attack stopping Giorno's death.
Perhaps I should have asked why.
Or what are the mechanics? Just, RtZ can rewind any action someone else does unto Giorno, but not those not done onto him?
2. Continuity snare?
I recall seeing discussion in this thread about the Def to 0 thing being from a variant of Giorno in a defunct mobile game or something, which DB might not take as canon as such?

Perhaps I should have asked why.
Or what are the mechanics? Just, RtZ can rewind any action someone else does unto Giorno, but not those not done onto him?

I recall seeing discussion in this thread about the Def to 0 thing being from a variant of Giorno in a defunct mobile game or something, which DB might not take as canon as such?
1. yes

2. I said reverting his will not his defense he is capable of reverting will to 0 canonically.
r/StardustCrusaders - Why are all of GER's stats none? Just what does 'none' mean in stand stats?

Back