• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (5) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

AgentJojoBerserk said:
Genericstickman said:
I still feel like Alucard vs DIO is a dumb battle because besides both being vampires nothing else is similar about them
Agreed, both have better opponents. I'd rather have Dio fight Griffith, Raoh, Yuki Terumi, or Ansem, while Alucard has Death the Kid.
Nah, Raoh vs Dio is also kinda dumb, if Dio needs to fight someone from FOTNS, then it's Shin

Cable vs Booster Gold QnATime:

(Side note, one of the writers of this episode was Liam, who was the guy who defended GL vs Ben 10, so I can safely say this episode was thoroughly researched)

Why do you continue to use DC characters? You have proven time and time again that they are all bullshit Mary Sues that wins every time so it makes DB boring to watch.

DC has had a winning streak before, but they haven't won every time (the Marvel:DC win ratio is 8:12 according to Ben). It's just noticable because DC was done back to back in recent seasons. (Also, they acknowledged that normies love DC, so that's why)

Why didn't Cable just teleport out of Booster Gold's shield?

• insert animation clause here* It may be ultimately unanswerable according to Ben, but they didn't want to make any assumptions since both have powers with strange natures (Neither can really hurt the other except for the way they showed, so it seems pretty accurate. Plus, BG can just stop time and crush him then)
Isn't it unfair to give BG other versions of himself? Why not give it to Cable as well?

They wanted to show different ways of using time travel in the fight to keep it from being stale. Also, BG has used that tactic before while Cable hasn't really. Liam makes clear that summoning an army isn't really a wincon for BG, but it was cool to see. Ben made it very clear to Liam that BG couldn't use alternate universe Boosters when the fight was being made.

Why couldn't BG go back to the beginning of the fight and cut Cable in half with scissors and crush him with a green boot? (This was a chat question for Liam specifically because GL vs Ben 10)

Liam was a good sport and joked about BG being GL and how he should have used Hal's time travel line for BG as well.

Why couldn't Cable use technopath powers to disable BG's tech? (I thought the same thing initially)

Cable's technopathy is based off his telekinetic powers, which BG's shield can block, and his hacking requires a physical interface, which the forcefield prevents. (Yeah, I realized that afterwards too)

Why didn't you include Waverider in BG's story arc?

It was in the original script and heavily debated for inclusion in the fight, but Liam makes it clear that he wasn't included because WR is too different from normal BG and it was too much of a stomp in BG's favor for Ben.

Why didn't you include Skeets in the animated battle?

They almost did, but he was cut due to time constraints. He was also deemed unnecessay by Ben since he would essentially be Joseph from the Jotaro vs Kenshiro fight: just side dialogue.

Why didn't you mention Cable's friendship with Deadpool? You wasted an opportunity for another DP cameo. (NO THEY DIDN'T AND SAM AGREES WITH ME)

Ben thought about it and the first script did have a brief cameo, but they want to move away from DP because he's appeared four times and him appearing would undermine the "story arc" they had for him. Also, Ben was worried that DP would steal Cable's thunder if he appeared since the Cable/BG banter is similar to what he and DP do anyway.

You said Cable has a healing factor. Why didn't he regrow his body?

Cable's "healing factor" is mainly reattaching his cybernetic parts. It wouldn't help him being crushed. He's not Deadpool

Why wasn't BG's limited power supply a factor? (This was my other question initially)

According to Liam, the calculations they did showed that BG's power output was so far above Cable's that the limited battery didn't matter, he wouldn't run out before he could kill Cable (unless the Trigon thing isn't an outlier, that's probably not true).

BG was affected by Maxwell Lord, you even showed the panel where he was bleeding from it. Why did you give him immunity to it?

He was only briefly affected by it, but then resisted. Maxwell was trying to shut BG's brain off and it wasn't working. The blood came from BG leaping in front of someone to block a bullet, all while being assaulted psychically by Maxwell.

Also, Obi-Wan vs Kakashi is also being written by Liam, so that'll be just as well researched, I'm sure. It's also premiering on YouTube on May 4th, which is great.

All seems about right.

"unless the Trigon thing isn't an outlier, that's probably not true"

I mean, DC Heralds are stronger than Marvel Heralds anyway, are they not? Even on this site it's 3 megafoe vs 300 kilofoe, and even if you scale marvel heralds to Low Multi, DC's feats are better in that respect

Cropfist said:
That's nice, but zark destroyed the arguments for gold in the VS thread
Hey can you like

quit the holier-than-thou attitude? It's kind of annoying. Especially acting as if a speed equaized vs match using THIS SITE's statistics is in any way comparable

It would be pretty cool, but I think they both have better opponents.

Do they though? I mean Erza I get, but for Satsuki it's a little hard to find a good opponent for her that doesn't make feel like a squash match i.e. Momoyo Kawakami, Medaka Kurokami. Those the closest I can find that can match the Kiryuin thematically. Logically? It's over for her.

EJthe24th said:
It would be pretty cool, but I think they both have better opponents.
Do they though? I mean Erza I get, but for Satsuki it's a little hard to find a good opponent for her that doesn't make feel like a squash match i.e. Momoyo Kawakami, Medaka Kurokami. Those the closest I can find that can match the Kiryuin thematically. Logically? It's over for her.
Esdeath lol <strike>

In all seriousness, when talking about death battle ideas, i don't think the idea of it being one-sided discredits the idea. Death Battle has made plenty of fantastic fights out of stomps. Just look at Ganon VS. Dracula, Leo VS. Jason, Goro VS. Machamp, The Megaman Battle Royale, Roshi VS. Jiraiya, etc.

Maverick Zero X said:
How well do Death Battle's arguments for Cable v Booster Gold hold up here?
I might be wrong but BG both speeblitzes and AP stomps Cable before he can do anything of note (like Omega mentioned folks seem to forget DB doesn't equalized speed) however IF speed is equalized then BG is liable to getting haxxed to death, so "more or less" the DBs arguments were pretty good, that said both Cable's and Especially BGs profiles here are lacklustre to say the very least.

ZephyrosOmega said:
All seems about right.
"unless the Trigon thing isn't an outlier, that's probably not true"

I mean, DC Heralds are stronger than Marvel Heralds anyway, are they not? Even on this site it's 3 megafoe vs 300 kilofoe, and even if you scale marvel heralds to Low Multi, DC's feats are better in that respect
Well, if you go by that route, Marvel should be around 300+ MegaFoes going by Thor's, Doctor Strange and Iron Man 1 GigaFoe feat, making them at least 100x stronger than DC.

It would be pretty cool, but I think they both have better opponents.Do they though? I mean Erza I get, but for Satsuki it's a little hard to find a good opponent for her that doesn't make feel like a squash match i.e. Momoyo Kawakami, Medaka Kurokami. Those the closest I can find that can match the Kiryuin thematically. Logically? It's over for her.Esdeath lol <strike>

In all seriousness, when talking about death battle ideas, i don't think the idea of it being one-sided discredits the idea. Death Battle has made plenty of fantastic fights out of stomps. Just look at Ganon VS. Dracula, Leo VS. Jason, Goro VS. Machamp, The Megaman Battle Royale, Roshi VS. Jiraiya, etc. </div>

Yeah, you're not wrong about it.

"Well, if you go by that route, Marvel should be around 300+ MegaFoes going by Thor's, Doctor Strange and Iron Man 1 GigaFoe feat, making them at least 100x stronger than DC."

I wasn't aware they had a GigaFoe feat. Doesn't really change things in the grand scheme as they both have pretty consistent tier 2 stuff and DC's is just generally better but that's cool

Unoriginal Memes said:
I'm pretty sure they're actually even in that regard from what I've seen.
Hulk and Hyperion have a couple of baseline 2-C feats (Hulk withstanding the energy of two universes and Hyperion merging two of them), but then you look at shit like Superman hurting the time trapper and Darkseid being straight-up 2-B.

Thor has dozen of Tier 2 "feats" (Which are not feats but just pure abused powerscaling going by what you go), and so does Hulk, Hyperion, Sentry and the like.

Even Iron Man has a Low 2-C feat, is his own.

I'm talking about him being able to output 2000 decibles, which going by calculations, 1100 decibles alone are enough to create a black hole larger than the obserbable universe.

Newendigo said:
I'm talking about him being able to output 2000 decibles, which going by calculations, 1100 decibles alone are enough to create a black hole larger than the obserbable universe.
Reminds me of how Cyborg can make "1 million decibles soundwaves"

CrimsonStarFallen said:
Newendigo said:
It's 50,000 decibels tho

Iron Man 2000 decibels vs Cyborg 1000000 decibels

Black Canary vs Sindel intensifies.

Woild people be seriously over the moon to see Cyborg defeated by Android 17, Noel Vermillion, Battle Angel Alita or even Chise? (Despite Victor Stone may as well stone the aforementioned sans Noel)

Back