• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I was speaking in general not to the matter you talk there

Also just like with death battle, vs wiki has big influence even tho controversial at times with how they rate like them characters, when it benefits their ass or they praise their "research" to some of the characters or verses, then they are good, but otherwise not

Hypocrisy with some people is something else

As much as I love Ian Flynn as a writer, he REALLY has bad takes regarding the internal scaling of Sonic. Besides thinking that Archie Sonic would lose to Kid Goku and Archie Super Silver getting dunked on by Base Trunks, he also believes that Sonic isn’t lightspeed and that only Super Forms are consistently planet-level. He takes a lot from shonen writing but hates the large powerscaling dick measuring contests people constantly ask him about.
Given how modern vs is pure brainrot at its worse these days can't blame him
Besides Lupin are there any other good MU's for Sly? And yes I mean good so Rouge is off the list their connections are ass.
Nathan maybe?
Being real ya not gonna get alot for sly these days beyond those two due to stats and relevance of his

Ki exists in marvel, you think martial artists there dont have it?
I think that it's a bit disingenuous to say that ki in Marvel and ki in Dragonball work the exact same way. I don't doubt that people like Iron Fist use Ki, but I've never seen a panel or heard a discussion where he could use it in any of the ways that a Dragonball character can. That's where verse-equalization comes into play. And it's already had several points of contention in Death Battle over the years (mostly in the Naruto vs Bleach fights)

My point in bringing up that comment from the thread is that Death Battle has already shown that in most cases, they go with a sort of equalization of esoteric powers so that the discussion doesn't get entirely bogged down by semantics with very few exceptions.

I think that it's a bit disingenuous to say that ki in Marvel and ki in Dragonball work the exact same way. I don't doubt that people like Iron Fist use Ki, but I've never seen a panel or heard a discussion where he could use it in any of the ways that a Dragonball character can. That's where verse-equalization comes into play. And it's already had several points of contention in Death Battle over the years (mostly in the Naruto vs Bleach fights)
Unless a verse makes it clear its immensively different to a degree its not really identical thats not an argument

Dragon ball may have shown more uses of ki in their universe, but to claim its so drastically different from Marvel is headcanon, only thing clearly different is god ki, which is unique only to dragon ball

We got confirmation?
Jokerbros... we got to pray Swan's love for fraudchecks is bigger than his love for Jojo...
IMG_6153.png

Unless a verse makes it clear its immensively different to a degree its not really identical thats not an argument

Dragon ball may have shown more uses of ki in their universe, but to claim its so drastically different from Marvel is headcanon, only thing clearly different is god ki, which is unique only to dragon ball
And that's a valid opinion to have! I can understand where you're coming from 100%, it's just that I don't necessarily agree with it personally. It's the same thing with how they handled Madara vs Aizen with just saying chakra, reishi and reiatsu are basically the same because they're based on the same generalized Eastern philosophy of spirituality. The DB research team more often than not has equalized power sets across verses even when I don't vibe with it despite all the various nuances a verse has, which is why my argument is how the person who started that thread might be trying to nitty-gritty their argument in that particular case.

The whole Omnidock memeing aside, we know that DB can change up how much in depth or generalize certain matchups. Sometimes vague things are used as justification (Bowser vs Ganondorf, old I know but an example) and sometimes they dive deep into something to try and disprove absolute states some characters may have (Wolverine vs Raiden deciding the HFB can slice through Adamantium despite being the strongest metal by using Misty Knight's robot arm, or the research to deciding that Ghost Rider could end Lobo despite his contract preventing him dying)

It all just comes down to your opinion if you personally by how it's presented.

Back