• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Seven Discussion Thread (5) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

ZephyrosOmega said:
Obi Wan has no counters to Kamui Snipe. Both of them have precog and similar speed. The problem is that Kakashi can win with that and Obi-Wan can win by hitting Kakashi with anything due to being 5-B vs Kakashi's (At best without DMS) High 6-A
Ain't obi wan Precog>Kakashi? Also what feat exactly puts him at 6-A without DMS

Ain't obi wan Precog>Kakashi?

Dropping my knowledge on that, idk if the precog is better but Obi-Wan gains Instinctive Reaction as he doesn't need to think to dodge attacks, can respond to things "faster than thought" and get literally possessed by the Force so that it may act as him.

Tipper17 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
Obi Wan has no counters to Kamui Snipe. Both of them have precog and similar speed. The problem is that Kakashi can win with that and Obi-Wan can win by hitting Kakashi with anything due to being 5-B vs Kakashi's (At best without DMS) High 6-A
Ain't obi wan Precog>Kakashi?
Also what feat exactly puts him at 6-A without DMS
You could downscale him from tailed beast which downscale from the Juubi, but like, it's a massive stretch to do so and that's about as high as you can wank him

Cropfist said:
Wait so Kakashi's "likely" not getting his multi-continent level form?
They didn't let him have it in the community DB plus unless they buy planet level Obi Wan and allow DMS to level the playing field they won't give it to him

The Smashor said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
that's about as high as you can wank him
You underestimate the Versus Debating community. DB considers Base Naruto Moon Level as well, if I remember correctly.
Still not 5-B. Not all the researchers think this,b ut the show itself indicated that Kaguya's ETSB tops out at baseline 5-B

The Smashor said:
You act like Giorno vs Shulk wouldn't be just as much of a shitstorm if not more
Fair point. If anything, people will wank GER, and make ridiculous statements. Truth be told, Shulk wins very easily against Giorno. Giorno can't affect him, or hurt him in the slightest.

The Smashor said:
You act like Giorno vs Shulk wouldn't be just as much of a shitstorm if not more
Uh no not many folks care nor know that much about shulk if he loses or win Giornno vs joker is practically a recipe for a shitsstorm given the popularity of the matchup plus GER status as a "I win" button and joker feats in P5

ZephyrosOmega said:
The research team doesn't want to do Joker VS. Giorno. And besides, Kirsche already wrote it herself.
When they say that? Also strunton wrote sasuke vs hiei back in DA and that didn't stop them from doing it

Tipper17 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
The research team doesn't want to do Joker VS. Giorno. And besides, Kirsche already wrote it herself.
When they say that? Also strunton wrote sasuke vs hiei back in DA and that didn't stop them from doing it
I asked them myself, if you want confirmation i can ask again

If not Ren Amamiya vs Giorno Giovanna what is the reason? Like no close connections or super stompy or what else? Could it be Ren vs Tuxedo Mask existing instead? And who would Giorno fight instead?

Jasonsith said:
I asked them myself, if you want confirmation i can ask again If not Ren Amamiya vs Giorno Giovanna what is the reason? Like no close connections or super stompy or what else? Could it be Ren vs Tuxedo Mask existing instead? And who would Giorno fight instead?
Ren vs Velvet Crowe, and Giorno vs Shulk are my preferred matchups.

Go ahead

Tipper17 said:
Uh no not many folks care nor know that much about shulk if he loses or win Giornno vs joker is practically a recipe for a shitsstorm given the popularity of the matchup plus GER status as a "I win" button and joker feats in P5
Ben 10 VS Green Lantern says hi.

No one except DC die hard fans want Piccolo to die in front of Martian Manhunter.

Obi-Wan has the High Ground in DEATH BATTLE!
DEATH BATTLE Fight Previews

This Jedi Master is ready to win... from a certain point of view.

Kakashi Cuts Lightning in DEATH BATTLE!
DEATH BATTLE Fight Previews

The copy cat ninja will use any technique to take down his Jedi foe!

Last time we have "Goro Stomps in DEATH BATTLE!"... (ditto)

Piccolo vs Magus huh? Good for introducing Chrono Trigger to Death Battle actually.

Death Battle Cast are doing The Arbiter vs General Grievous for this week.

Tipper17 said:
I asked them myself, if you want confirmation i can ask again Go ahead
It's because GER is a pain in the ass to debate and there are a lot of conflicting opinions

That's the TLDR

ZephyrosOmega said:
Tipper17 said:
I asked them myself, if you want confirmation i can ask agai
Go ahead
It's because GER is a pain in the ass to debate and there are a lot of conflicting opinions
That's the TLDR

So the Death Battle crew just decide to either make Giorno win against an enemy he will stomp or will get stomped instead? So that they could skip explaining how GER works?

And for Ren Amamiya will he actually face Tuxedo Mask or Velvet Crowe (poor Crowe and any Tales protagonist), and (less likely) Giorno vs Shulk (if Shulk will not fight Lightning Farron which I am sure Death Battle would prefer Shulk vs Lightning).

TacticalNuke002 said:
With how popular of a character DIO is, I'm surprised DB don't really have any plans for him.
Dio Brando is planned to face Alucard (Hellsing) - as a Death Battle even. But for Giogio... I am still confident Death Battle will know how to simplify GER - I mean to the point of misinterpreting the truth but it matters now because they will still go for strength, speed, firepower and hax/counter measures.

Jasonsith said:
Why the **** does EVERYONE on this wiki jump to insulting the ******* crew every time i offer an explanation

No, it's almost like GER is a stupid ability and they don't want to debate about it

There is literally no confirmation of either Giorno or Akira being in death battle. ZERO.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Jasonsith said:
ditto
Got it. You asked one of the Death Battle researchers in private, you read that "the research team doesn't want to do Ren Amamiya vs Giorno Giovanna" and "besides, Kirsche already wrote it herself". You then says you can understand because GER is hard to explain. And further pointed out that Death Battle has never announced Joker vs Giogio is a thing in the future.

Now,

1. Not wanting to do an episode is one thing, having to do it is another - this is my opinion. There are a lot of cases Ben said that research findings can go off their expectations but they would have to continue otherwise it is financially impractical. GER is a pain in the ass to explain, and so is a lot of other powers and cosmologies. It is their job to analyse characters' weapons, armors and skills, that is how Rooster Teeth find sponsors, attract membership fees and make their pay cheques. I would like to know if they have some other character matchups in mind concerning Ren Amamiya and Giorno Giovanna aside form Joker vs Giogio. My question.

2. What is the "it" Kirsche is writing about? This is my other question.

Back