• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Well, the first step is to concert yourself, know your strengths and protect your weaknesses, so there is where you can cultivate your combat ability, each technique is just a seed that gives birth to a tree that will branch out indefinitely the more you explode creativity in combat" Noah said quietly.

"Oh well, that was how my Old Grandfather taught me"
"...I will use that wisdom the best I can, thank you Noah." She responded. "Well, we best head down to the training room before Sylvia and Cain leave."

"W-wait for me...!" Siglos called out. Hurriedly, he scampered over to the door, moving behind the two women. Once in the hallway, he breathed a small sigh of relief, seemingly more relaxed now that they were going to see Sylvia.
179779920.jpg
(Bro, Saffi bout to hit triangle)

Within the dungeon, they would find the two Rakshashin alone, sitting at opposite corners of the room...

Cain sat in a corner, roughly sharpening her claws against the smooth stone walls of the dungeon. She, as Jeanne had described, had seemed rather upset about something, and sharpening her already enormous claws seemed to calm her down from that. She noticed the group as soon as they entered the room, and clearly so as she visibly glanced at them, but she just ignored them and clearly so.

Sylvia was similar, curled up against the wall, not really knowing what to do or say. She, surprisingly, didn't seem to notice the group's entrance, her mind was elsewhere it seemed, the enormously tall Rakshashin woman letting out occasional gentle chirping sounds, akin to the special language she and Cain had developed.

Within the dungeon, they would find the two Rakshashin alone, sitting at opposite corners of the room...

Cain sat in a corner, roughly sharpening her claws against the smooth stone walls of the dungeon. She, as Jeanne had described, had seemed rather upset about something, and sharpening her already enormous claws seemed to calm her down from that. She noticed the group as soon as they entered the room, and clearly so as she visibly glanced at them, but she just ignored them and clearly so.

Sylvia was similar, curled up against the wall, not really knowing what to do or say. She, surprisingly, didn't seem to notice the group's entrance, her mind was elsewhere it seemed, the enormously tall Rakshashin woman letting out occasional gentle chirping sounds, akin to the special language she and Cain had developed.
Saffi figured it would be better for Siglos to handle the Sylvia situation. She herself walked over to Cain, kneeling down so they were face-to-face. "Is everything alright, Cain? You don't quite seem yourself." She asked with an assuring smile.

As Siglos entered the room, he hesitated, glancing at the two Rakashashin.

"...Jeanne...did mention Cain was upset..." Siglos thought. The thought of Cain being upset made him a bit uneasy, even more so seeing Slyvia in a similar state.

"...Did they get into a fight...?" Siglos thought. His eyes lingered on Sylvia for a moment, unsure of what to do.

"...S-Sylvia...?" Siglos said softly, calling out to the larger Rakshashin.

Saffi figured it would be better for Siglos to handle the Sylvia situation. She herself walked over to Cain, kneeling down so they were face-to-face. "Is everything alright, Cain? You don't quite seem yourself." She asked with an assuring smile.
Cain turned to Saffi, her dark, golden eyes meeting Saffi's. She ceased sharpening her claws, moving her hands to use sign language since unlike Sylvia, she had no artifact that allowed her to speak.

"Cain is... thinking. Things are making me... agitated...."
As Siglos entered the room, he hesitated, glancing at the two Rakashashin.

"...Jeanne...did mention Cain was upset..." Siglos thought. The thought of Cain being upset made him a bit uneasy, even more so seeing Slyvia in a similar state.

"...Did they get into a fight...?" Siglos thought. His eyes lingered on Sylvia for a moment, unsure of what to do.

"...S-Sylvia...?" Siglos said softly, calling out to the larger Rakshashin.
Sylvia glanced at Siglos, "O-Oh...! Hey, Siglos..." She murmured, slowly uncurling as she smiled, seeming visibly happy that he was there.

Sylvia glanced at Siglos, "O-Oh...! Hey, Siglos..." She murmured, slowly uncurling as she smiled, seeming visibly happy that he was there.
Siglos hesitated, before flashing her a small smile, slowly relaxing as he saw her happy expression. Gingerly, he moved toward her, before taking a seat on the ground in front of her.

"H-hey!...I...I just wanted to check on you. I-is everything...a-alright? " Siglos said softly. He gingerly reached his arms forward, wanting to hug the Rakshashin should she accept it.

Last edited:
(You'll be able to come in when the plot starts moving forward again. It'd be weird if you randomly popped in rn.)
Siglos hesitated, before flashing her a small smile, slowly relaxing as he saw her happy expression. Gingerly, he moved toward her, before taking a seat on the ground in front of her.

"H-hey!...I...I just wanted to check on you. I-is everything...a-alright? " Siglos said softly. He gingerly reached his arms forward, wanting to hug the Rakshashin should she accept it.
"Oh, yes, I'm alright, Siglos." Sylvia said, nodding swiftly, her horns softly scraping against the ceiling as her smile wavered a bit.

"Oh, yes, I'm alright, Siglos." Sylvia said, nodding swiftly, her horns softly scraping against the ceiling as her smile wavered a bit.
Siglos stared at her face, his own smile fading into a look of concern. Gingerly, he moved his hands, holding the woman's palms in his own. His grip was light, the soft, pale skin trembling slightly.

"...Sylvia...." Siglos said. He craned his neck slightly, attempting to meet her gaze.

"P-please...t-tell m-me if...if anything's the matter..." Siglos said softly.

Siglos stared at her face, his own smile fading into a look of concern. Gingerly, he moved his hands, holding the woman's palms in his own. His grip was light, the soft, pale skin trembling slightly.

"...Sylvia...." Siglos said. He craned his neck slightly, attempting to meet her gaze.

"P-please...t-tell m-me if...if anything's the matter..." Siglos said softly.
"Siglos, truly, I'm alright. There's no reason for you to be this worried." Sylvia said, breathing out, in an attempt to assure him that she was doing alright.

"Siglos, truly, I'm alright. There's no reason for you to be this worried." Sylvia said, breathing out, in an attempt to assure him that she was doing alright.
Siglos's gaze lingered on her for a few more moments, before slowly nodding his head, letting go of her hand.

"A-Alright Sylvia." Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he leaned forward, pressing himself against Sylvia's stomach.

"...I...I w-was just worried. I-I...know Cain is upset...s-so I was afraid y-you were as well..."

Siglos's gaze lingered on her for a few more moments, before slowly nodding his head, letting go of her hand.

"A-Alright Sylvia." Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he leaned forward, pressing himself against Sylvia's stomach.

"...I...I w-was just worried. I-I...know Cain is upset...s-so I was afraid y-you were as well..."
"Well, Cain isn't the most... emotionally infallible person out there. She's prone to... mood swings and uh... she gets agitated often. So it's not uncommon to see her in a poor mood in situations like this..." Sylvia said.

Cain turned to Saffi, her dark, golden eyes meeting Saffi's. She ceased sharpening her claws, moving her hands to use sign language since unlike Sylvia, she had no artifact that allowed her to speak.

"Cain is... thinking. Things are making me... agitated...."

(Forgot to post this)

Saffi reached out to Cain telepathically. "No one has to see the signs." She said to Cain's mind. "You can tell me anything...anything at all."

Saffi reached out to Cain telepathically. "No one has to see the signs." She said to Cain's mind. "You can tell me anything...anything at all."
"....."

"Cain feels... icky. I don't like that. I don't like feeling helpless to do anything... Feeling weak. It makes my stomach churn. Makes me feel inadequate, so, I reflect... On my mistakes, and my inadequacies. I need to be perfect, and I should've done something more..." She thought, knowing Saffi was reading her thoughts.

"....."

"Cain feels... icky. I don't like that. I don't like feeling helpless to do anything... Feeling weak. It makes my stomach churn. Makes me feel inadequate, so, I reflect... On my mistakes, and my inadequacies. I need to be perfect, and I should've done something more..." She thought, knowing Saffi was reading her thoughts.
(See, Saffi's the emotional support of the group. She stops being happy for a freaking minute and now everyone's depressed.)

"In almost 250 years," She said telepathically. "I've felt weak...even at my best with mysticism. It's not a feeling I've ever enjoyed or wanted...I've found through Jeanne, that true strength isn't shown when you can stand at your best...it's when you still rise at your worst. I think all of us feel inadequate in some way, but I believe we're supposed to...each one of us brings something unique to the whole. If someone already does what you do, maybe it's for both of you to do it alongside each other and find even greater strength. So yes, you may not always be the strongest, or the most perfect in life...but I believe continuing through that will bring you closer to your goal."

(I do love that touch, azontr. Like how when she speaks, she says "Cain", but in her mind, there are a lot more "I"s. It's...it's beautiful.🥲)

Back