• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"No, Siglos, really... Come over here." Jeanne said, her voice still firm, but not hostile or scornful as she held her hand out to Siglos.
Siglos flinched slightly, recoiling from the girl’s hand. For a brief moment, he stood there, shivering slightly.

“…A…alright…” Siglos whispered. Gingerly, he took a step toward Jeanne. He reached a trembling hand forward, pressing it into hers.

Siglos flinched slightly, recoiling from the girl’s hand. For a brief moment, he stood there, shivering slightly.

“…A…alright…” Siglos whispered. Gingerly, he took a step toward Jeanne. He reached a trembling hand forward, pressing it into hers.
Jeanne gently clasped his hand with hers, breathing out.

"Siglos... All of the Sun's children deserve to pursue happiness and liberty. I don't want you to settle for thinking of yourself as lesser when you have the potential to be so much more than that." Jeanne said, "You are more than just that..."

Jeanne gently clasped his hand with hers, breathing out.

"Siglos... All of the Sun's children deserve to pursue happiness and liberty. I don't want you to settle for thinking of yourself as lesser when you have the potential to be so much more than that." Jeanne said, "You are more than just that..."
“…A-all o-of the s-suns children…” Siglos repeated softly. Gingerly, carefully…he raised his head, meeting Jeanne’s gaze.

“…D-do….D-do you….t-truly…b-believe that…?” Siglos whispered. His eyes searched hers, as if he expected to find some semblance of dishonesty, of trickery….As if behind Jeanne’s words was malice that he desperately wished he could find…before it was too late. His body began to tense, preparing for the punishment that would surely arrive for his transgressions.

“…A-all o-of the s-suns children…” Siglos repeated softly. Gingerly, carefully…he raised his head, meeting Jeanne’s gaze.

“…D-do….D-do you….t-truly…b-believe that…?” Siglos whispered. His eyes searched hers, as if he expected to find some semblance of dishonesty, of trickery….As if behind Jeanne’s words was malice that he desperately wished he could find…before it was too late. His body began to tense, preparing for the punishment that would surely arrive for his transgressions.
"Siglos, of course I do... You may have wronged me in a way, but, that does not mean you do not deserve to be as happy as anybody else. It is the birthright, the God-Given right of all creatures to pursue happiness, including yourself." Jeanne said, nodding.

"I may be... upset at you, yes. But that does not mean I am not your friend. And friends do not bring each other down. So, once again, I apologize for making you feel so terrible..."

Much, much, much later since the vaewolf went to get his stuff, he brings the last belonging of his to the room, if one where to enter they would see there were animals with him, cows, sheeps, chickens and so on, placed in such a way so he still has more then enough space for him them

"Sigh....what kind of life awaits me now?...."

Afterwards he leaves the room, but not before feeding his animals, then goes to wander the place and explore it on his own

"Siglos, of course I do... You may have wronged me in a way, but, that does not mean you do not deserve to be as happy as anybody else. It is the birthright, the God-Given right of all creatures to pursue happiness, including yourself." Jeanne said, nodding.

"I may be... upset at you, yes. But that does not mean I am not your friend. And friends do not bring each other down. So, once again, I apologize for making you feel so terrible..."
Siglos said nothing for a moment, simply staring at the girl before him. Gradually…he closes his eyes.

“T-T….” Siglos began, his breath catching in his throat. Slowly he wrapped his arms around the girl, his body trembling.

“T-thank you. T-thank you, Jeanne.” Siglos said quietly, a tear slowly fell from his face, dripping silently onto Jeanne’s armor.

He had heard his tormentor invoke the name of the gods many times…yet her words…they were different in a way he…couldn’t describe. Genuine, in a way his fathers never were. He continued to embrace the woman, sobbing softly against her.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, simply staring at the girl before him. Gradually…he closes his eyes.

“T-T….” Siglos began, his breath catching in his throat. Slowly he wrapped his arms around the girl, his body trembling.

“T-thank you. T-thank you, Jeanne.” Siglos said quietly, a tear slowly fell from his face, dripping silently onto Jeanne’s armor.

He had heard his tormentor invoke the name of the gods many times…yet her words…they were different in a way he…couldn’t describe. Genuine, in a way his fathers never were. He continued to embrace the woman, sobbing softly against her.
Jeanne embraced him back with her normal, non-clawed arm. "It's fine, Siglos... Whatever you may have experienced in the past, just know that not only is the Goddess there for you, but I, your friend, am also here for you. And both of us love you very, very much."

It was not a romantic love, but a love that one could extend to any living creature, a broad, unbiased love, a love that one could extend to a family member, or a friend.

Siglos nodded softly, taking a shaky breath.

“…Y-you…y-you a-are…t-truly…wonderful…Jeanne.” Siglos said softly, tears still streaming from his eyes.

“…I…I k-know…I’m r-repeating m-myself…b-but…”

“Thank you. Y-you’ve…s-shown me…a side of the goddess…I-I’ve never e-experienced b-before…” he said quietly.

“…and…friendship…I c-can never repay…”

"I am not as great as you say, Siglos, but regardless, thank you. Whatever is troubling you, I hope one day you'll share it with me, and that we may work through it together..." Jeanne said.
A soft smile slowly crept onto Siglos's face, his eyes slowly opening to look at the women.

"...I'd...I'd like that...Jeanne. O-one day..." Siglos said quietly. Slowly, he dropped his hands, taking a step away from the girl.

"...I...I've taken up e-enough of your time. I-I am s-sure you w-wish to talk to Saffi a-and the o-others as well...n-now that y-you are up." he said softly.

A soft smile slowly crept onto Siglos's face, his eyes slowly opening to look at the women.

"...I'd...I'd like that...Jeanne. O-one day..." Siglos said quietly. Slowly, he dropped his hands, taking a step away from the girl.

"...I...I've taken up e-enough of your time. I-I am s-sure you w-wish to talk to Saffi a-and the o-others as well...n-now that y-you are up." he said softly.
"Well, I wouldn't know exactly what to talk about... What should I say to them? Hey everybody, I almost died but I'm glad I didn't die?" Jeanne said jokingly, letting out a light, girlish chuckle.

"Well, I wouldn't know exactly what to talk about... What should I say to them? Hey everybody, I almost died but I'm glad I didn't die?" Jeanne said jokingly, letting out a light, girlish chuckle.
Siglos's smile grew slightly, the Everian letting out a soft chuckle himself.

"W-well...Saffi was really...w-worried about you. S-she...she blames herself f-for what happened..." He said quietly.

"...I-I am sure she'd...f-feel a...bit better...seeing you...moving around l-like this." Siglos murmured.

Siglos's smile grew slightly, the Everian letting out a soft chuckle himself.

"W-well...Saffi was really...w-worried about you. S-she...she blames herself f-for what happened..." He said quietly.

"...I-I am sure she'd...f-feel a...bit better...seeing you...moving around l-like this." Siglos murmured.
"Well, maybe your right... If so, would you like to come see her again with me?" Jeanne asked her friend.

"Well, maybe your right... If so, would you like to come see her again with me?" Jeanne asked her friend.
"O-oh! I...I'd love to accompany you...i-if that is a-alright..." Siglos said softly. He looked around for a moment, as if searching for someone.

"...D-do you know where Sylvia and Cain are t-though? I...I assumed t-they'd be with you..." Siglos said quietly.

"O-oh! I...I'd love to accompany you...i-if that is a-alright..." Siglos said softly. He looked around for a moment, as if searching for someone.

"...D-do you know where Sylvia and Cain are t-though? I...I assumed t-they'd be with you..." Siglos said quietly.
"I saw both of them in the uh... dungeon place, or whatever it may have been. Cain was just standing there, and so was Sylvia, and neither of them were really... saying anything. Cain seemed rather upset, from what I could see when I left." Jeanne explained, "And yes, you can accompany me, Siglos."

"Of course it's alright, Siglos." Jeanne said, nodding and smiling.

"Where exactly is Saffi, though...? I was never told."
"O-oh! I-I can lead y-you there..." Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he stepped into the hallway, looking around for a moment. He walked for a few moments, before stopping in front of a doorway, gesturing that this was the correct one.

Last edited:
Jeanne smiled as she noticed Saffi doing this, moving past Siglos and Noah and up to the Everian.

"What are you reading, Saffi?" Jeanne asked. She figured that instead of focusing to much on her own condition, it would be better for Saffi to focus on something she enjoyed doing at the moment, a conversation starter, if you will.

"...I'm sorry for what I've done, Jeanne." She said, never answering Jeanne's question. "I don't have the power to protect any of you, thus I cannot contribute positively to your battles...I'm afraid my knowledge is all I have to offer, and I should've realized that before."

Jeanne flinched back, not expecting to get that response out of her question. Jeanne breathed out, gently pushing a strand of white hair behind her ear. (Anime girl style.)

"Saffi, I do not blame you for this... We were up against an opponent far stronger and faster than most of us individually barring Diana. Logically, this outcome was unavoidable lest either you or Noah took the attack for me, and the pain I experienced is... not something I desire for you to bare." Jeanne explained. She remained as logical and calm as possible, knowing shallow motivational statements would do no good here.

"Saffi, against such a powerful opponent, you couldn't have reasonably protected me... I know that you realize this. It took our strongest simply to hold him off, and you amplifying her strength to finally defeat him. None of this was your fault... We were all victims of circumstance." Jeanne said, standing up straight.

"And it would be a shame for somebody such as you, somebody with so much potential for good, somebody with the ability to save so many innocent lives, to remove themselves from the playing field because of that circumstance... Your so much bigger than what you think you are, Saffi. You can help people."

"...Failure isn't really an option here is it? If we fail here, someone could die. I mean, even when you were hurt, we still had to succeed in getting you to Velen...I'm scared Jeanne. I'm scared we're going to fail in the wrong way at the wrong time. I don't know what to do if I lose any of you. And as confident as I am in the rest of the group's abilities, we can't ignore the possibility that one, many, or all of us could die. What do we do then?"

"...Your..." Jeanne froze, trying to get the words out.

"Your... right, Saffi. Absolutely... right. We could die if we fail. It's a very real possibility indeed, but, if anything... Having you on the field only increases our chances of success. Your mystical experience is something that can only help us, Saffi. If your so worried about failure, then help decrease the chance of failure by continuing to push forward..."

"...Your..." Jeanne froze, trying to get the words out.

"Your... right, Saffi. Absolutely... right. We could die if we fail. It's a very real possibility indeed, but, if anything... Having you on the field only increases our chances of success. Your mystical experience is something that can only help us, Saffi. If your so worried about failure, then help decrease the chance of failure by continuing to push forward..."
She didn't say anything in response, but she breathed progressively harder and faster before launching herself towards Jeanne for an embrace. "I don't know what I can do to repay the debt I owe you all...but I pray that in time I will...thank you, Jeanne."

Jeanne flinched, her right arm twitching as she felt a heat build up within her chest once more. A small bead of sweat gently trickled down the side of her face as she gently moved a few strands of her hair back, using only her left arm to embrace Saffi back.

"I, personally, seek no payment from you, Saffi, but... Thank you. Your efforts are forever appreciated."

Siglos watched Jeanne comfort Saffi, a soft smile gradually forming on his face.

"...She...t-truly is...w-wonderful..." Siglos murmured, chuckling softly to himself. The anxiousness he felt over Saffi's condition gradually faded, relief washing over him. Gingerly, he sat on one of the chairs, wanting to make sure Saffi and Jeanne were alright before he left.

Jeanne flinched, her right arm twitching as she felt a heat build up within her chest once more. A small bead of sweat gently trickled down the side of her face as she gently moved a few strands of her hair back, using only her left arm to embrace Saffi back.

"I, personally, seek no payment from you, Saffi, but... Thank you. Your efforts are forever appreciated."
She let go a bit more, remembering that Jeanne was injured. "If there's anything that I can assist you with, don't hesitate to let me know, alright?"

Back