• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"...Unlike Diana, I am no warrior, nor a leader. There is no power of mine that can't be replicated by someone else combatively, my sole purpose is protection...and now I have failed even at that..."
Siglos stared at Saffi for a moment, his eyes widening slightly. Quickly, he shook his head.

"...S-Saffi...t-this...t-this...isn't your fault..." Siglos said quietly.

"N-no...n-no one could have...p-predicted t-this w-would happen..."

"Is it really not?....Noah and I were capable of protecting Jeanne, but I felt the situation was more urgent than it really was. And due to that miscalculation, Jeanne barely came out with her life...I was almost the one that let her die, and nothing I can do will remove that from my charge."

"Is it really not?....Noah and I were capable of protecting Jeanne, but I felt the situation was more urgent than it really was. And due to that miscalculation, Jeanne barely came out with her life...I was almost the one that let her die, and nothing I can do will remove that from my charge."
"....." Siglos remained silent, trembling slightly.

"...I...I'm not sure...w-what happened...i-inside t-the vortex b-but..." Siglos trailed off.

"W-what...w-what...matters...is that...Jeanne is alive, isn't it? T-that...s-she woke up." Siglos said softly.

"...A-and...t-that m-means...y-you...you still...have t-the chance t-to help her. I-I think..."

"Oh, I know everything I need to know about you, sir. I have the personal information of most people living in this continent at my disposal. I am a knight first, but I can also work as a secretary when need be." Alice said with a smile.
"I keep myself a low profile....how you can remotely know of me and who i am..."

Asked the knight, since he didnt believe her about this

"I keep myself a low profile....how you can remotely know of me and who i am..."

Asked the knight, since he didnt believe her about this
"Well, as we are not only a religious organization, but also a government funded operation, it is generally impossible to keep a low-profile, sir. We have various tracking magic circles cast all across the continent, issued by the Everian Government, obviously." Alice explained.

"....." Siglos remained silent, trembling slightly.

"...I...I'm not sure...w-what happened...i-inside t-the vortex b-but..." Siglos trailed off.

"W-what...w-what...matters...is that...Jeanne is alive, isn't it? T-that...s-she woke up." Siglos said softly.

"...A-and...t-that m-means...y-you...you still...have t-the chance t-to help her. I-I think..."
"You don't understand Siglos. We can never neglect what could have been just because of what happens. This world is one of infinite possibilities, and I've always attributed your constant anxiety to that fact." She finally turned around to actually look at them. "When you have the capability to do the things that I can, you neglect that responsibility, and then tragedy strikes...it does so due to your own carelessness. Think about if you were in a position such as Diana's. What if one of your troops were to die? Different story, right? Because that would be on your charge. And if one of us dies...if Jeanne had died...that would be on mine. That thought is too much for my consciousness to bear..."

She looked back, as if she couldn't even face them. "I appreciate your attempt to console me, Siglos. Your compassion seems to know no bounds...but you cannot neglect the gravity of my charge due to the fact that we make it to Velen slightly quicker."

(Fun fact for everyone, I have two MCU references within Saffi's response, it's just...Saffified. lol. More...idk, formality? Anyways, to the person that can tell me the movies they came from AND who said them without looking them up...free bragging rights. lol)

"You don't understand Siglos. We can never neglect what could have been just because of what happens. This world is one of infinite possibilities, and I've always attributed your constant anxiety to that fact." She finally turned around to actually look at them. "When you have the capability to do the things that I can, you neglect that responsibility, and then tragedy strikes...it does so due to your own carelessness. Think about if you were in a position such as Diana's. What if one of your troops were to die? Different story, right? Because that would be on your charge. And if one of us dies...if Jeanne had died...that would be on mine. That thought is too much for my consciousness to bear..."

She looked back, as if she couldn't even face them. "I appreciate your attempt to console me, Siglos. Your compassion seems to know no bounds...but you cannot neglect the gravity of my charge due to the fact that we make it to Velen slightly quicker."

(Fun fact for everyone, I have two MCU references within Saffi's response, it's just...Saffified. lol. More...idk, formality? Anyways, to the person that can tell me the movies they came from AND who said them without looking them up...free bragging rights. lol)
(I caught the Civil War reference but I can't find the other one.)

(I Honestly can't find either lol, haven't rewatched the MCU in a long time)

Siglos stared at Saffi for a moment saying nothing.

"...I...I'm s-so sorry...Saffi." Siglos said quietly. He wasn't sure what else to say. He'd never dealt with something of this magnitude, and the very thought sent a wave of anxiousness into his body. His gaze shifted to floor, wishing he could comfort his friend, but lacking the words to do so.

"I don't make the rules, and neither does the Archbishop. We're a religious organization that happens to be government funded, after all, so we have no say in how laws are made." Alice said, as she clearly shared the same sentiment.
"Yet you still work under them despite that...you must have something really important to still keep yourself around this job you have..."

He would walk past her and continue moving forward before asking

"Just show me the room...."

"Yet you still work under them despite that...you must have something really important to still keep yourself around this job you have..."

He would walk past her and continue moving forward before asking

"Just show me the room...."
"Well, first off, we need the funding to keep our religion going. And I love my religion more than I love myself, sir, and so does the Archbishop. So we prioritize that above most things barring peace and living creatures..." Alice said as she left the library with the man and began to lead him to his quarters.

"My my, I do not remember caring in the least what you think of my faith, nor is your opinion on it valued." Alice said as they reached the room, taking out a golden key and unlocking it for him. "This room will be big enough to house whatever you need to. Don't break anything and you'll be fine."

Siglos gradually made his way out of Saffi's room, breathing heavily. The night had been an emotional rollercoaster for him...and it weighed heavily on his psyche. Jeanne's injury and subsequent anger towards him, Saffi's guilt and sadness, his own shame of not being there for a friend in need...all these events slowly piled on top of each other in his mind, threatening to crush him entirely under their weight.

"...haaah...." Siglos sighed, pressing himself against the wall of the hallway. He desperately wanted to see Slyvia again, to be whisked away in the Rakshashin warm embrace...but knew how bad it would look if he snuck off with her again. Unsure if it would be right of him to leave the group to take a shower, Siglos decided to remain in the hallway, his body softly trembling. Slowly, he took out one of his scented rings, inhaling the lavender scent that wafted from the lone diamond in its center. The smell was somewhat calming, preventing him from spiraling further into anxiety.

"My my, I do not remember caring in the least what you think of my faith, nor is your opinion on it valued." Alice said as they reached the room, taking out a golden key and unlocking it for him. "This room will be big enough to house whatever you need to. Don't break anything and you'll be fine."
"Have no reason to break anything....anyway gotta bring my stuff here..."

After that he becomes mist and travels off to his place to get all he needed

(Welp, it's been quite a bit, so here you go.)

"When you have the capability to do the things that I can, you neglect that responsibility, and then tragedy strikes...it does so due to your own carelessness."
("When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen? They happen because of you." - Peter Parker, Captain America: Civil War)

"What if one of your troops were to die? Different story, right? Because that would be on your charge. And if one of us dies...if Jeanne had died...that would be on mine. That thought is too much for my consciousness to bear..."
("What if somebody had died tonight? Different story, right? 'Cause that's on you. And if you died, I feel like that's on me. I don't need that on my conscience." - Tony Stark, Spider-Man: Homecoming)

Jeanne slowly got up, sitting at the edge of the bed. She sighed, gently breathing out.

"Why the heck did I act like that...?" She thought to herself, shaking her head. She had no reason to be so unfair to Siglos, and she had nothing to do with his personal life... She had no right to make him feel lesser for that. She could feel a heat building up within her chest, causing her to wince.

"It's not your fault, Jeanne..." Velen said to her, his voice clear and concise. Jeanne flinched as she was addressed.

"I-It wasn't...?" Jeanne murmured, "I just... No, what do you mean...? That definitely felt like me. I felt so angry and I... I..."

"Felt like lashing out at him?" Velen asked, "You probably felt heat building up within you as well, just as you are now."

"Wh-What are you... How do you...?" Jeanne's words became incoherent as she tried to answer him.

"Jeanne, listen. There are many things that I cannot tell you right now, such as what you've become, and what that flaming man was. I also cannot tell you the true natures of the leyline, but... It will all come in due time. These secrets are things I cannot yet reveal to even my most trusted." Velen said firmly.

"W-Wait- So you... lied to us...? S-Sir Velen..." Jeanne murmured, able to feel the heat building up within her increase in intensity.

"Calm yourself, Jeanne...!! Do not use it, no matter what, you must quell the flames or else they will consume you and everyone around you!" Velen exclaimed quickly, "Whatever may happen to you, do not call upon the Burn... Just breathe... I will explain everything to you one day..."

Jeanne began to breathe in and out slowly, silently praying to herself. "...Yes, yes Sir Velen... I... I will remain calm." She said before getting up.

"Good... Good, Jeanne. I would expect such conduct out of you, even in this situation." Velen said proudly, nodding.

"Thank you, Sir Velen... I must... I must go apologize to Siglos. My behavior towards him was absolutely unacceptable..." Jeanne said, placing her arms firmly at her sides as she bowed to Velen. "Thank you for all of this information, Sir Velen..." Jeanne said swiftly as she walked away.

Velen breathed out, glancing at Jeanne as she left the underground dungeon. He glanced at her chest and her arm once more, his expression gently contorting. He sensed the heat building up within her...

"Godspeed to you, Jeanne Valentina."

Jeanne would search for Siglos, ignoring the heat building up within herself. "It won't stop... It's just like in that dream..." She thought to herself. A dream where she was chained to a bed of ashes, and consumed by a violent, scarlet blaze. She shook her head.

"N-No... Focus on apologizing to Siglos... I hope this goes well..." She murmured to herself as she searched, beginning to gently sweat.

Siglos was standing outside the rooms, leaning his body against the corner of the hallway. His breathing was soft...yet irregular, almost as if the man was trying...and failing, to keep his breath steady. The ring in his hand trembled slightly as he pressed it against his cheek, inhaling the soft, lavender that emitted from it. His eyes focused on the ground, his mind still swimming with emotions from the entire ordeal. Thus, he would not immediately notice if anyone approached him.

"...S-she...she w-woke up..." Siglos murmured to himself.

"...T-that's...t-that's t-the only t-thing that m-matters. E-even...e-even i-if she...she never forgives me. A-as...a-as long as...she's still alive..." Siglos muttered. He tried to focus on that fact, forcing himself not to spiral into an anxious mess as he continued to quietly mutter to himself.

"I simply wanted to apologize for my previous conduct, Siglos..." Jeanne said, no hesitation in her voice, albeit she was beginning to noticeably breathe heavily.

"I was being extremely unfair to you... Your personal affairs are your personal affairs, regardless of my... ahem... suffering." She said.

"I simply wanted to apologize for my previous conduct, Siglos..." Jeanne said, no hesitation in her voice, albeit she was beginning to noticeably breathe heavily.

"I was being extremely unfair to you... Your personal affairs are your personal affairs, regardless of my... ahem... suffering." She said.
Siglos froze, as if he had to process what she was saying.

"N-no. J-Jeanne. Y-you....y-you had...every r-right to be...mad at me." Siglos said softly.

"...W-we...w-we were f-friends. I...I s-should...been t-there for y-you..." He said quietly, his body beginning to tremble.

"Yes, you should've been there, Siglos..." Jeanne said, "But that does not mean that your personal matters do not come first. You are not... obligated, if you do not wish to be, to look after me. Even if I feel you should've been there, I respect your choice to put yourself above myself, many people do so already, and as such, I apologize once more..."

“B-but…” Siglos trailed off. He hesitated, unsure what to say.

“I…I w-want to…be there…f-for you, J-Jeanne. E-especially…s-since y-your I-injured.” Siglos said quietly.

“I…I needed S-Sylvia t-to h-help me, c-calm down. I…I can’t…I…I won’t…deny that. But…I…I c-care about you…” Siglos said softly. Slowly, he leaned forward, bowing to the women.

Last edited:
Jeanne breathed out, continuing to feel the heat build up within her chest. In truth, she was still upset at Siglos, even if she didn't admit it to him. Even now, she took great offense to him leaving her to suffer to indulge in his own pleasures, leaving her to writhe in agony...

"But this does not excuse the way I treated you... You don't deserve to be made to feel lesser because of this."

Back