• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

The shopkeep scanned the books up and down, seemingly with Mana Sight... focusing particularly on Siglos's ginormous stack of books, which Sylvia had promptly flopped onto the desk beforehand.

"Your total is 346 coins..." The shopkeep said, "Got enough in that there bag?"

(Currency exchange rate: 1 coin = 1 American Dollar.)

Siglos flinched, his ears twitching. He glanced the the bag uneasily for a moment.

"....G-give me a moment..." Siglos moment. Shifting through the stack of books, he picked out roughly five of them, hesitantly putting The Dashing Enchanter, as well as several other books with...less superfluous titles to the side of the pile, away from his purchases.

"...I'll...s-stick to the essentials. How much does it cost now...?" He asked softly.

The shopkeep glanced over at the books Siglos had set aside, then back to Siglos... then back at the books, then back at Siglos.

"Ah, dang it... my Mana Sight must be on the fritz today. What a titanic blunder for me... woe is me, the humble shopkeeper..." The man said nonchalantly, clearly putting on some... act. "Your total is actually 157 coins, not 346... got enough for that?"

It was less than half of the original price, and definitely much more affordable.

"O-oh...yes, of...c-course!" Siglos said quickly. The young Everian was...visibly, confused, his time as a merchant tipping him off that these books were definitely worth more than what the seller was asking, but he was more than eager to take the surprise boon bestowed upon him. Gingerly, he reached into his bag, counting out the coins until he had retrieved the full 157. Quickly, he grabbed the remaining pouch...about half as large as it had been previously, and returned it to his bag.

"...Will this...suffice?" He asked, pushing the stack of coins towards the seller.

"Yeppers. Thanks for your patronage." The shopkeep said, before snapping his fingers. The coins Siglos had presented were coated in a thin layer of his mana, then swiftly dissipated into the air... seemingly teleported to a storage of sorts.

"Want me to bag those for yah?" He then asked.

"O-oh! No, I uh...have my own bag." Siglos said softly, gingerly, he picked up the books one by one, slowly sliding them into his sachel, the texts disappearing within its spacious interior. Siglos glanced at Sylvia as he did so, his ears twitching.

"...Do you want a bag f-for your books, my love? I can...store them in here if you'd like..." He asked softly.

(Sorry it took so long, been busy IRL)

Duine noticed the incoming sword, blocking the blade with her gauntlets, and swiftly entering Noah's shadow to avoid being caught in the crossfire of the dragoness's hammer swing. With a swift motion, she leapt over the buckshot, seeing as she was behind Noah and taking a more tangible form at the time. She leapt toward Erebus, but was propelled further than her intended target with the explosion of the buckshot.

Smoke was coming off her back as she landed and swiftly turned around.

"Big Yin fights differently..." She thought to herself, "Buckshot was proper smart, but I've never met one of me kin with that much arsenal..."

As the female Rakshashin thought all of this, she created tendrils of shadows and wraps them around the arms of Erebus, using them to catapult herself closer to him rather than to yank him toward her as she had done previously in this spar. Once close enough to the shadow of Erebus, she would enter it and emerge in front of Erebus, delivering a drop kick to the chest.

Should the attack connect, she would swiftly follow by sweeping his legs, springing up with a macaco and then delivering an uppercut. At the same time the uppercut is delivered, she summons whatever is salvageable of her gauntlets back to coat her other fist as she leaps up and slams it down on his face.

Should the drop kick fail, Duine would flip backwards in mid-air, smacking the male Rakshashin across the face and legs in opposite directions with a surprise attack from yet more shadow tendrils she summoned. She would hold him in place with her shadow as she struck, and also use such an opportunity of her own making to move in swiftly and slam him into the ground, palming his face with her hand and bringing the back of his head down swiftly into the earth below.

"Big Yin fights differently..." She thought to herself, "Buckshot was proper smart, but I've never met one of me kin with that much arsenal..."

As the female Rakshashin thought all of this, she created tendrils of shadows and wraps them around the arms of Erebus, using them to catapult herself closer to him rather than to yank him toward her as she had done previously in this spar. Once close enough to the shadow of Erebus, she would enter it and emerge in front of Erebus, delivering a drop kick to the chest.
"Thought we were done fighting..."

The attack did slightly catch him off guard, but there was something unexpected. Just like the spar with Sylvia, as soon as she got close, the drop kick was met by none other than... a cannon from the chest.

As if he were like a machine, the cannon would fire barrages of buckshot, all wrapped in black and dark magic.
Should the drop kick fail, Duine would flip backwards in mid-air, smacking the male Rakshashin across the face and legs in opposite directions with a surprise attack from yet more shadow tendrils she summoned. She would hold him in place with her shadow as she struck, and also use such an opportunity of her own making to move in swiftly and slam him into the ground, palming his face with her hand and bringing the back of his head down swiftly into the earth below.
The flip would be met by the giant sword she blocked earlier, the tendrils pulling bombs right toward her own direction that the armored Rakshashin sneakily placed. It had a special property, and it was magically coming back from Erebus as it was heading to cleave her legs in half. Though Erebus wouldn't want that to happen, it's sort of her own fault for continuing to fight.

Noah took advantage of this as they were both distracted, she distanced and focused on a quick fire spell, she knew it wouldn't do much to them but she didn't aim for that, she wanted to melt the ground where Erebus would be swallowed and then solidify it to limit his mobility
Erebus would quickly use the cannon and use darkness to form large wings for him to remain in the air and avoid the sell. At this distance, he would bombard them with arrows and bombs.

Siglos nodded, before shifting his gaze back to the bookseller, flashing him a soft smile.

"...Erm...thank y-you. I appreciate your generosity, truly." He said softly. He grabbed his bag from the counter, returning it to his side.

"...Have a nice day, sir."
"You to. Stay safe out there." The shopkeep said nonchalantly, before leaning back in his chair once more, going on with his business.

"Well... ready to go?" Sylvia said, looking down at Siglos once the bookseller had turned his attention away from them.

"You to. Stay safe out there." The shopkeep said nonchalantly, before leaning back in his chair once more, going on with his business.

"Well... ready to go?" Sylvia said, looking down at Siglos once the bookseller had turned his attention away from them.
Siglos smiled brightly, his hands tightening around his bag.

"..Y-yeah! We...shouldn't take any more of their time." He said. Hurriedly, he moved towards the door, almost as if he was afraid the shopkeeper would change his mind about the drastic discount he had given him.

"Thought we were done fighting..."

The attack did slightly catch him off guard, but there was something unexpected. Just like the spar with Sylvia, as soon as she got close, the drop kick was met by none other than... a cannon from the chest.

As if he were like a machine, the cannon would fire barrages of buckshot, all wrapped in black and dark magic.

The flip would be met by the giant sword she blocked earlier, the tendrils pulling bombs right toward her own direction that the armored Rakshashin sneakily placed. It had a special property, and it was magically coming back from Erebus as it was heading to cleave her legs in half. Though Erebus wouldn't want that to happen, it's sort of her own fault for continuing to fight.
Already too close to back away and try and evade, a black aura coated Duine as she continued striking Erebus. Her pupils were constricted, a wide and almost demonic smile on her face as she recklessly took damage from the bombs all while holding her ground and continuing to lash at him with her tendrils.

Noticing the sword, she entered its shadow, appearing behind it and grabbing it by its hilt. Her tendrils wrapped around her arms, providing extra support for her to attempt and physically combat his magic. Pointing the sword at Erebus, she let out a gravely chuckle.

"Yer fun, Big Yin..." She said. There wasn't fatigue in her voice as much as there was something more primal. Apparently, she was having too much fun, even in spite of her current condition, "I havnae had fun like this in some time!"

Noticing the sword, she entered its shadow, appearing behind it and grabbing it by its hilt. Her tendrils wrapped around her arms, providing extra support for her to attempt and physically combat his magic. Pointing the sword at Erebus, she let out a gravely chuckle.

"Yer fun, Big Yin..." She said. There wasn't fatigue in her voice as much as there was something more primal. Apparently, she was having too much fun, even in spite of her current condition, "I havnae had fun like this in some time!"
The sword wasn't just a normal sword, its weight causing Duine to drop it right as she pointed it

"I wouldn't hold that sword if I were you..." Ashrune would forcibly eject itself out of her arms as blades pierced her arm and hand. Flying out and going back on Erebus, which he held comfortably with one hand.

"Also, you do seem to be having fun..." he said, sighing. "Rakshashins do love to fight..." slightly frowning inside his helmet.

Siglos smiled brightly, his hands tightening around his bag.

"..Y-yeah! We...shouldn't take any more of their time." He said. Hurriedly, he moved towards the door, almost as if he was afraid the shopkeeper would change his mind about the drastic discount he had given him.
Sylvia cocked her head ever so slightly as she began moving swiftly beside Siglos, bending down to exit the door with her lover.

"Sooooo... what next?"

The sword wasn't just a normal sword, its weight causing Duine to drop it right as she pointed it

"I wouldn't hold that sword if I were you..." Ashrune would forcibly eject itself out of her arms as blades pierced her arm and hand. Flying out and going back on Erebus, which he held comfortably with one hand.

"Also, you do seem to be having fun..." he said, sighing. "Rakshashins do love to fight..." slightly frowning inside his helmet.
"Just full of tricks, aren't ye?" She said, still smiling, "Probably loaded up with everythin' from daggers in yer dimples to blades in yer bawbag. We should have a square go more often. Yer proper challenging, and I wanna see how many gimmicks ye got some time."

Duine, in spite of impaled hands, burns and blood covering her body, and some bruises from Noah's strikes and rubble that would have flown at her during the explosion, she still seemed as though she had just enough energy as she did prior to entering the fight.

"Though I guess I was a wee bit disappointed ye used yer tricks that much..." She continued, her pupils finally dilating, "But maybe I'd use more if I had as much in me arsenal..."

Noah approached them, having taken little damage from the bombardment due to how agile she is.

"Well, I guess you're right, this is just training to know how we fight against each other and then do tactics as a team."
"I thought you guys would at least evade, so it's a good thing I lessened the firepower of my tools..." he replied, making cachinking noises and metal clanking as he keeps all of his gadgets, putting Ashrune at his back.

Sylvia cocked her head ever so slightly as she began moving swiftly beside Siglos, bending down to exit the door with her lover.

"Sooooo... what next?"
Siglos glanced down at his bag, smiling as he looked at the books he was able to buy. So excited about his newfound purchase, he barely heard as Sylvia began to speak.

"O-oh! Erm...." Siglos trailed off.

"...I...d-don't want to keep you too long. I know...walking around the streets of Aegis isn't...exactly your idea of fun..." He said quietly, chuckling softly.

"Eh, I've been worse," She said, "I'm still ready to go. But maybe another time... And there's no fun in evading during sparring!"
"Yep, there goes the Rakshashin blood pumpin'..." Erebus sighed, not really wanting to fight anymore. Not out of exhaustion or boredom, but.. simply because its reaching a line that sparring becomes a full-on deathmatch— something which takes him back a long time.

"I've got literally nothing else to do but lounge around, Siglos, and I'd rather not be stationary for the rest of... forever." Sylvia chuckled, "Wherever you go, I go."
Siglos said nothing for a moment, his pointed ears twitching.

"...W-well...I've always wanted to...visit some of the local blacksmiths! I'd love to see their technique." He said softly. He flashed her a small smile, holding out his hand for her to grasp.

"...Shall we go?"

Siglos said nothing for a moment, his pointed ears twitching.

"...W-well...I've always wanted to...visit some of the local blacksmiths! I'd love to see their technique." He said softly. He flashed her a small smile, holding out his hand for her to grasp.

"...Shall we go?"
Sylvia smiled. She wasn't exactly... interested in the subject, but Siglos seemed happy, so that was enough to satisfy her. She could just read during the event to keep herself occupied, if she ever got bored.

"I'd be happy to accompany you, if that's what you want." She nodded, holding her free hand down for Siglos to hold.

Sylvia smiled. She wasn't exactly... interested in the subject, but Siglos seemed happy, so that was enough to satisfy her. She could just read during the event to keep herself occupied, if she ever got bored.

"I'd be happy to accompany you, if that's what you want." She nodded, holding her free hand down for Siglos to hold.
Siglos smiled, gingerly raising his hand to grip her own, his lithe fingers wrapping between her scarred flesh.

"...Thank you, my love..." Siglos said softly. He glanced around for a moment, before beginning to move down the road, heading towards market place in search of blacksmiths.

Siglos smiled, gingerly raising his hand to grip her own, his lithe fingers wrapping between her scarred flesh.

"...Thank you, my love..." Siglos said softly. He glanced around for a moment, before beginning to move down the road, heading towards market place in search of blacksmiths.
"Heh..." Sylvia chuckled and just shook her head, following Siglos down the road... all the while, Siglos would feel his Stigma itch, gentle waves of foreign, invisible mana pulsating in his palm.

Back