• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"I uh..." Sylvia awkwardly scratched her cheek, "I suppose that is what it means, yeah..."
“…..” Siglos said nothing for a moment, before simply chuckling awkwardly.

“Heh…a-anyway. It’s…nice. Being with you. It’s…the happiest I’ve been in a long while.” He said softly. He flashed her a soft smile.

“Whatever happens…I’m content. And…I hope you are too.”

“…..” Siglos said nothing for a moment, before simply chuckling awkwardly.

“Heh…a-anyway. It’s…nice. Being with you. It’s…the happiest I’ve been in a long while.” He said softly. He flashed her a soft smile.

“Whatever happens…I’m content. And…I hope you are too.”
Sylvia didn't exactly know what to say, despite the fact she likely felt the same way. Her emotions were being overwhelmed ever so slightly, so she changed the subject. Awkwardly rubbing her neck, she spoke.

"Let's just uh... let's do whatever we were about to do!"

Sylvia didn't exactly know what to say, despite the fact she likely felt the same way. Her emotions were being overwhelmed ever so slightly, so she changed the subject. Awkwardly rubbing her neck, she spoke.

"Let's just uh... let's do whatever we were about to do!"
"O-oh! y-yeah...sorry. I...uh..." Silgos trailed off, his ears twitching within his ashen hair.

"...Yeah...let's...depart. The bookstore won't be open forever..." Siglos said, chuckling awkwardly. Gingerly, he began to move towards the entrance, his hand still wrapped in her grip.

"O-oh! y-yeah...sorry. I...uh..." Silgos trailed off, his ears twitching within his ashen hair.

"...Yeah...let's...depart. The bookstore won't be open forever..." Siglos said, chuckling awkwardly. Gingerly, he began to move towards the entrance, his hand still wrapped in her grip.
"Yep! Because, unfortunately for us, time still uh... passes." Sylvia said with a crooked chuckle as she followed Siglos, wondering if they should even continue their conversation.

"Yep! Because, unfortunately for us, time still uh... passes." Sylvia said with a crooked chuckle as she followed Siglos, wondering if they should even continue their conversation.
"Yeah! I uh...I guess that's true." Siglos said. He moved through the entrance, turning as they began to walk down the cobblestone road. He said nothing for a moment, before changing the subject.

"...Cain...uh...seemed less hostile than...uh...usual. I think."

"Yeah! I uh...I guess that's true." Siglos said. He moved through the entrance, turning as they began to walk down the cobblestone road. He said nothing for a moment, before changing the subject.

"...Cain...uh...seemed less hostile than...uh...usual. I think."
"That's how she usually is. She's only hostile when around uh... you." Sylvia said as lightly as she could, "But if she's starting to mellow out even around you, that's great..."

"That's how she usually is. She's only hostile when around uh... you." Sylvia said as lightly as she could, "But if she's starting to mellow out even around you, that's great..."
“Oh…I…I suppose that makes sense.” Siglos muttered. He said nothing for a moment, before shaking his head.

“…She could've simply been tired. She even told me I could t-teach her to read…” Siglos muttered.

“Oh…I…I suppose that makes sense.” Siglos muttered. He said nothing for a moment, before shaking his head.

“…She could've simply been tired. She even told me I could t-teach her to read…” Siglos muttered.
"Well... that is... strange...?" Sylvia tilted her head, "Yeah, definitely... asking somebody to teach her something? Probably just exhaustion talking..."

"Well... that is... strange...?" Sylvia tilted her head, "Yeah, definitely... asking somebody to teach her something? Probably just exhaustion talking..."
“I…suppose so…” Siglos muttered.

After a few minutes of walking, they came across one of the many shops decorating the main road, arcane texts, scrolls, and tomes of various subjects lining display cases on either side of an ornate wooden door. It was…one of the smaller bookstores in truth, Aegis housing so many scholars that the grandest houses of knowledge would likely dwarf it by several times, but…the Everian seemed drawn to this one in particular.

“…Will you stay outside? I…I’m not sure how the…owner will treat you…” He said softly.

Last edited:
"This feels like it'll be fun..." She said, trying to stifle some of the excitement. After all, she didn't want to get too carried away.
"Good for you..." Erebus muttered, at least having something to gain in return for doing this— to make his comrade have some form of enjoyment.

"Since this is the right place, lets go"
Noah smiled and pointed her sword at Duine, then started running towards her ready to fight her, plan was to make a couple of vertical cuts.

“I…suppose so…” Siglos muttered.

After a few minutes of walking, they came across one of the many shops decorating the main road, arcane texts, scrolls, and tombs of various subjects lining display cases on either side of an ornate wooden door. It was…one of the smaller bookstores in truth, Aegis housing so many scholars that the grandest houses of knowledge would likely dwarf it by several times, but…the Everian seemed drawn to this one in particular.
“…Will you stay outside? I…I’m not sure how the…owner will treat you…” He said softly.
"I'll be fine. I can just... pretend to be an Everian. I've got pointed ears to, yknow." Sylvia pointed out, and indeed, beneath her hood of darkness her ears were sharp and pointed. "Just gotta retract my horns and it'll be the perfect disguise..."

"I'll be fine. I can just... pretend to be an Everian. I've got pointed ears to, yknow." Sylvia pointed out, and indeed, beneath her hood of darkness her ears were sharp and pointed. "Just gotta retract my horns and it'll be the perfect disguise..."
“I…uh…don’t think there are…many Everians with your height and…build, my love.” Siglos said softly.

“And none with your…beautiful emerald spirals.” He added, chuckling softly.

“I…uh…don’t think there are…many Everians with your height and…build, my love.” Siglos said softly.

“And none with your…beautiful emerald spirals.” He added, chuckling softly.
"Not all Everians are small and frail, Siglos. I can't believe you'd apply such prejudices to your own people." Sylvia said jokingly, snickering.

"N-no! I...I didn't mean...." Siglos trailed off, an embarrassed chuckling escaping his lips.

"...Fair enough, Sylvia. M-maybe you'll find something good here, too!" He said.
"Maybe. But I suppose I'm not really in the... browsing mood." Sylvia said with a small snicker, attempting to and failing at hiding how adorable she thought he was.

"Since this is the right place, lets go"
Noah smiled and pointed her sword at Duine, then started running towards her ready to fight her, plan was to make a couple of vertical cuts.
Duine leaps backwards, then creates a blade out of her horn material. Feeling herself properly armed, she decided to re-engage Noah, swinging her blade toward hers to parry an incoming strike should she decide to opt for more swordplay. Should the parry prove to be successful, she would keep her momentum and yet pull back the force of her strike, a swift knee to the stomach. She would use just enough power to make it an efficient body shot, but not as much as her usual level of strength. Following the knee strike, she would attempt a throw to get more distance just in case Erebus was closing in for an attack.

Should the parry fail, she would toss her hat at Noah. Given it was also made out of her horns, it would deal some damage. Should the hat attack connect, she would leap over Noah, retrieving the hat in mid-air before landing behind her opponent and following up with a leg sweep. However, it wouldn't be from behind the dragoness, but in front of her, traversing through her shadow to move in front of her once more without a footstep being heard to deliver the follow-up strike.

Duine leaps backwards, then creates a blade out of her horn material. Feeling herself properly armed, she decided to re-engage Noah, swinging her blade toward hers to parry an incoming strike should she decide to opt for more swordplay. Should the parry prove to be successful, she would keep her momentum and yet pull back the force of her strike, a swift knee to the stomach. She would use just enough power to make it an efficient body shot, but not as much as her usual level of strength. Following the knee strike, she would attempt a throw to get more distance just in case Erebus was closing in for an attack.

Should the parry fail, she would toss her hat at Noah. Given it was also made out of her horns, it would deal some damage. Should the hat attack connect, she would leap over Noah, retrieving the hat in mid-air before landing behind her opponent and following up with a leg sweep. However, it wouldn't be from behind the dragoness, but in front of her, traversing through her shadow to move in front of her once more without a footstep being heard to deliver the follow-up strike.
(Zoro sees: generally short attack description, not even a paragraph. Zoro responds with: essay.)
Siglos smile grew ever so slightly, his cheeks tinged a slight red.

"Well, let me know if your ever in the mood for…anything! The erm…others seemed a bit, preocopied, so we should have a bit of time.”
"Don't worry about me, hun. You don't have to try and accommodate me." Sylvia shook her head, "Just enjoy yourself for once, alright?"

Duine leaps backwards, then creates a blade out of her horn material. Feeling herself properly armed, she decided to re-engage Noah, swinging her blade toward hers to parry an incoming strike should she decide to opt for more swordplay. Should the parry prove to be successful, she would keep her momentum and yet pull back the force of her strike, a swift knee to the stomach.
Although theknee to the stomach was successful, Noah went up in smoke, dodging the next round of attacks. In doing so, she positioned herself behind Duine and kicked the girl hard in the back.

(Common Zoro W)

"Don't worry about me, hun. You don't have to try and accommodate me." Sylvia shook her head, "Just enjoy yourself for once, alright?"
"...." Siglos paused for a moment, clearly a bit...hesitant to indulge himself.

"...Well...alright honey. If it's really ok." He said, his ears twitching.

"O-oh! but uh...m-make sure to shrink your horns like you erm...said. Incase we run into any...difficulties."

Erebus watching this decided to not fight them and actually just sit it out until one of them realized he wasn't participating at all. A little tomfoolery goes a long way.

"...." Siglos paused for a moment, clearly a bit...hesitant to indulge himself.

"...Well...alright honey. If it's really ok." He said, his ears twitching.

"O-oh! but uh...m-make sure to shrink your horns like you erm...said. Incase we run into any...difficulties."
"They already are, you just can't see through the hood. I'll be fine, sweetheart." Sylvia assured him, smiling down at the man through her hood, though he may not have been able to see that.

(Zoro sees: generally short attack description, not even a paragraph. Zoro responds with: essay.)
(Common Zoro W)
(I'm good when I don't have to be.)

Although theknee to the stomach was successful, Noah went up in smoke, dodging the next round of attacks. In doing so, she positioned herself behind Duine and kicked the girl hard in the back.
Duine's attempt to grab the dragoness went up in smoke, figuratively and literally. However, she could tell when shadows appeared around her. As Noah attempted to kick her, it would feel as though something was pulling back her leg.

"Were ye goin' somewhere, lass?" Duine asked, crouching and spinning to perform a leg sweep. Should the sweep knock her opponent off balance, she would perform a mule kick, once again holding back the strength of the strike to not go overboard on things. Should the sweep whiff, she would be more leery of the smoke trick. It was much like her shadows, though she was certain that much like her shadows, it entailed more than just turning into smoke or a shadow. However, she couldn't say what that extra utility could be. Duine would brandish her sword, coating herself in a black aura. The Rakshashin may have been showing restraint in force, but speed was not something she would tone down for her sparring partner.

Force wouldn't be either, if the third sparring partner would participate...

"Oi, Big Yin! Ye just gonna stand there and watch?" She asked him.

"They already are, you just can't see through the hood. I'll be fine, sweetheart." Sylvia assured him, smiling down at the man through her hood, though he may not have been able to see that.
"O-oh! Y-yeah...I guess I wouldn't see them..." Siglos said, short enough to catch the hint of a smile beneath her hood as he looked up towards her. He let out an embarrassed chuckle, before gingerly pulling on her arm.

"...I hope they've got a good selection...I've never had a chance to browse in the city like this..." He said softly, gingerly moving towards the doorway.

(I'm good when I don't have to be.)

Duine's attempt to grab the dragoness went up in smoke, figuratively and literally. However, she could tell when shadows appeared around her. As Noah attempted to kick her, it would feel as though something was pulling back her leg.

"Were ye goin' somewhere, lass?" Duine asked, crouching and spinning to perform a leg sweep. Should the sweep knock her opponent off balance, she would perform a mule kick, once again holding back the strength of the strike to not go overboard on things. Should the sweep whiff, she would be more leery of the smoke trick. It was much like her shadows, though she was certain that much like her shadows, it entailed more than just turning into smoke or a shadow. However, she couldn't say what that extra utility could be. Duine would brandish her sword, coating herself in a black aura. The Rakshashin may have been showing restraint in force, but speed was not something she would tone down for her sparring partner.

Force wouldn't be either, if the third sparring partner would participate...

"Oi, Big Yin! Ye just gonna stand there and watch?" She asked him.
While that Noah was stopped by whatever Duine cast, the goat managed to avoid the leg sweep for a bit by specifically transforming her legs into smoke but the rest of her body was material, with one hand where she held her sword, she would block the Rakshashin's weapon, Noah managed to land a blow to the face when Duine asked Erebus if he was going to participate using her free hand charged with an aura of air, the attack was not meant to harm but to push Duine away.

While that Noah was stopped by whatever Duine cast, the goat managed to avoid the leg sweep for a bit by specifically transforming her legs into smoke but the rest of her body was material, with one hand where she held her sword, she would block the Rakshashin's weapon, Noah managed to land a blow to the face when Duine asked Erebus if he was going to participate using her free hand charged with an aura of air, the attack was not meant to harm but to push Duine away.
Suddenly, said gust of air was returned by yet a stronger one as Erebus moved his hand extremely fast— not offensive, but enough to cancel the attack out.

"We're talking. It'd be ill-advised to do that." he said calmly.

"O-oh! Y-yeah...I guess I wouldn't see them..." Siglos said, short enough to catch the hint of a smile beneath her hood as he looked up towards her. He let out an embarrassed chuckle, before gingerly pulling on her arm.

"...I hope they've got a good selection...I've never had a chance to browse in the city like this..." He said softly, gingerly moving towards the doorway.
Sylvia followed Siglos through the doorway, only having to bend down ever so slightly to fit through the entrance. The establishment was, as it's mediocre stature, at least in comparison to other places of study in Aegis, had only a moderate amount of customers, each to absorbed in their own browsing or work to notice Sylvia or Siglos entering.

Suddenly, said gust of air was returned by yet a stronger one as Erebus moved his hand extremely fast— not offensive, but enough to cancel the attack out.

"We're talking. It'd be ill-advised to do that." he said calmly.
"Oh come on, she lost concentration, the enemy can take advantage of any opening we left, I'm just taking this as one would in a real fight, of course without killing anyone and moderating the strenght."

Sylvia followed Siglos through the doorway, only having to bend down ever so slightly to fit through the entrance. The establishment was, as it's mediocre stature, at least in comparison to other places of study in Aegis, had only a moderate amount of customers, each to absorbed in their own browsing or work to notice Sylvia or Siglos entering.
Siglos squeezed her hand as they stepped into the building, the woman feeling his pulse quicken ever so slightly as they entered. Whether it was excitement or nervousness wasn't quite clear, but his grip didn't move away from her own.

Slowly, they would make their way towards the front of the shop, moving past isles of various texts and scrolls as they approached the front desk.

Siglos squeezed her hand as they stepped into the building, the woman feeling his pulse quicken ever so slightly as they entered. Whether it was excitement or nervousness wasn't quite clear, but his grip didn't move away from her own.

Slowly, they would make their way towards the front of the shop, moving past isles of various texts and scrolls as they approached the front desk.
The shopkeep was rattled out of unconscious as Sylvia and Siglos approached his desk, jolting out of his nap. He leaned forward in his seat, blinking ever so slightly as he scanned the two of them...

"Can I help you...?"

The shopkeep was rattled out of unconscious as Sylvia and Siglos approached his desk, jolting out of his nap. He leaned forward in his seat, blinking ever so slightly as he scanned the two of them...

"Can I help you...?"
“H-hello! Erm…” Siglos hesitated for a moment, before taking a small breath.

“…Can you point me to your enchantment section...please? I'm an…aspiring enchanter.” He said softly.

“H-hello! Erm…” Siglos hesitated for a moment, before taking a small breath.

“…Can you point me to your enchantment section...please? I'm an…aspiring enchanter.” He said softly.
The shopkeep ran a discerning eye over the pair once more before he gave his answer, cocking his head ever so slightly.

"Tomes, scripture, and scrolls on enchanting and runes are over there..." The shopkeep pointed to the far left of the shop, where the least amount of people were concentrated. "You should hopefully find what you need."

While Noah and Erebus spoke, Duine retaliated by swiftly delivering a palm strike, swiftly maneuvering to poke Noah in the eyes with one hand. With the other and at the same time, she tossed her sword toward Erebus. There was more power, more... ferocity behind the sword toss than any strike she had launched at Noah. Regardless of the success of the strike, she would form another sword and darted toward Erebus at full speed, swinging her blade at him with the intention of doing more damage than a standard spar.

As she moved in, she was wary of a sneak attack from Noah. Something like that could very well occur, so she cause her own shadow to punch her in the stomach, yet another body shot that would come in later.

Back