• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"I could sew one myself." Sylvia shrugged, "Just haven't had the time. I'll probably get some new clothes when I get another pair of glasses... if I get another pair of glasses."
Siglos glanced at her for a moment, before simply nodding, turning back to where he was going.

"...I...guess that makes sense..." Siglos murmured, his ears twitching. As he walked through the hallway that led to the main entrance, he glanced around, absentmindedly wondering if Cain or Jeanne were around.

Siglos glanced at her for a moment, before simply nodding, turning back to where he was going.

"...I...guess that makes sense..." Siglos murmured, his ears twitching. As he walked through the hallway that led to the main entrance, he glanced around, absentmindedly wondering if Cain or Jeanne were around.
As they walked down the hallway and eventually were lead to the staircase that would lead downstairs, Siglos would see Cain carrying Jeanne into one of the empty rooms in the corner of his eye, the young knightess still passed out and wheezing in her unconsciousness.

As they walked down the hallway and eventually were lead to the staircase that would lead downstairs, Siglos would see Cain carrying Jeanne into one of the empty rooms in the corner of his eye, the young knightess still passed out and wheezing in her unconsciousness.
"........." Siglos stared at the door blankly for a moment, momentarily stopping.

"...Hey...honey...did y-you uh...hear anything going on...after we got to our room?" Siglos said.

"........." Siglos stared at the door blankly for a moment, momentarily stopping.

"...Hey...honey...did y-you uh...hear anything going on...after we got to our room?" Siglos said.
Sylvia stopped behind Siglos. "Uh... like what?"
Shalor did seem to enjoy it, and was pacing himself with drinking
Alexia smiled, clearly happy she was able to ease the boy's burden, if only a little bit. "Once you finish that, why don't you wait outside while I prepare your meal?"

"Uh... a fight? Damn, I was falling asleep so I don't really remember well... but I do remember both of them leaving to train." Sylvia murmured, scratching her chin.
Siglos stared at her blankly.

"o-oh! T-training...of...of course..." Siglos said. He took a breath, shaking his head.

"...I...er...just say Cain carrying her into a r-room. So I was...w-worried. Thought s-she might've uh...you know..." Siglos rubbed his neck.

"...Knocked her out...or...uh...something."

Siglos stared at her blankly.

"o-oh! T-training...of...of course..." Siglos said. He took a breath, shaking his head.

"...I...er...just say Cain carrying her into a r-room. So I was...w-worried. Thought s-she might've uh...you know..." Siglos rubbed his neck.

"...Knocked her out...or...uh...something."
"She... probably wouldn't do that. Probably. Hopefully." Sylvia said, shrugging.

"...Yeah. I hope not." Siglos said. He chuckled awkwardly, simply shaking his head.

"...Would you like to v-visit her? I can w-wait here if you want to chat."
"Well... maybe...? I'dunno." Sylvia murmured, glancing down a bit. "Would you wanna check on Jeanne?" Clearly an excuse, not wanting to have to leave the man's side for even a moment.

"Well... maybe...? I'dunno." Sylvia murmured, glancing down a bit. "Would you wanna check on Jeanne?" Clearly an excuse, not wanting to have to leave the man's side for even a moment.
"O-oh! I...uh..." Siglos said nothing for a moment, clearly a bit nervous.

"....."

"...Yeah...I...a-actually need to...say something to Cain...m-myself. After I...make sure Jeanne is...alright." He muttered.

"O-oh! I...uh..." Siglos said nothing for a moment, clearly a bit nervous.

"....."

"...Yeah...I...a-actually need to...say something to Cain...m-myself. After I...make sure Jeanne is...alright." He muttered.
Sylvia's eyes widened... clearly not expecting him to actually agree. This was a bit awkward.

"Uh... cool. The room they went into is right over there, so... yeah."

Siglos looked at her blankly, now feeling increasingly awkward himself.

"...O-oh uh..." Siglos hesitated, before stiffly walking to the doorway, knocking on the door.
There was silence for a few moments, and then a few grunts. After said grunts, came a few stomping noises against the wood. Then, the door would unlock, and a golden light would peek out from the cracked opening.

"...what..." Cain groaned, clearly quite exhausted.

There was silence for a few moments, and then a few grunts. After said grunts, came a few stomping noises against the wood. Then, the door would unlock, and a golden light would peek out from the cracked opening.

"...what..." Cain groaned, clearly quite exhausted.
Siglos, somehow, stiffened further as Cain opened the door, the man visibly nervous.

"...H-hey, Cain. It's...me and Sylvia. I...j-just wanted to check...uh..." Siglos glanced over her shoulder.

"...If Jeanne was...alright." He said.

Cain's gaze shifted as she scanned Sylvia and Siglos up and down, remaining silent for a few moments. "...cool..."

"I'll just uh... wait outside." Sylvia said with an awkward chuckle. She did feel much more confident in Siglos's safety now that Cain was around... which is why she was fine with leaving his side, if only momentarily.

Cain's gaze shifted as she scanned Sylvia and Siglos up and down, remaining silent for a few moments. "...cool..."

"I'll just uh... wait outside." Sylvia said with an awkward chuckle. She did feel much more confident in Siglos's safety now that Cain was around... which is why she was fine with leaving his side, if only momentarily.
Siglos glanced at Sylvia for a moment, before gingerly nodding. He took a soft breath, gingerly stepping into the room.

"...You t-two were...training t-together yes? I k-know Jeanne likes to...push herself..." The man murmured. He glanced towards the bed, looking down at the unconscious girl.

Siglos glanced at Sylvia for a moment, before gingerly nodding. He took a soft breath, gingerly stepping into the room.

"...You t-two were...training t-together yes? I k-know Jeanne likes to...push herself..." The man murmured. He glanced towards the bed, looking down at the unconscious girl.
Cain closed the door behind him as he walked in, the room lit by a couple of candles. But not many, as Cain evidently preferred to rest in the dark.

Jeanne's body was bruised, battered in multiple areas.. but a large portion of the wounds were not fresh. They came from the battle from last night, so it was unlikely Cain had harmed her.

Cain nodded, "She tried to keep up with me, and failed. Had to carry her back without looking like I was going to bury a body..."

Cain closed the door behind him as he walked in, the room lit by a couple of candles. But not many, as Cain evidently preferred to rest in the dark.

Jeanne's body was bruised, battered in multiple areas.. but a large portion of the wounds were not fresh. They came from the battle from last night, so it was unlikely Cain had harmed her.

Cain nodded, "She tried to keep up with me, and failed. Had to carry her back without looking like I was going to bury a body..."
Siglos took a breath, his body slowly relaxing.

"...F-forgive me. But...I...would have thought you would prefer to t-train...alone. Or...w-with Sylvia if anything." Siglos said quietly. He glanced down at Jeanne's body, resting a gentle hand on her bruised arm.

"...Seeing Jeanne l-like this i-isn't...new. But...I never w-would have expected you t-to..." Siglos trailed off, trying to find the right words.

"...Allow her to...join you. I suppose."

Siglos took a breath, his body slowly relaxing.

"...F-forgive me. But...I...would have thought you would prefer to t-train...alone. Or...w-with Sylvia if anything." Siglos said quietly. He glanced down at Jeanne's body, resting a gentle hand on her bruised arm.

"...Seeing Jeanne l-like this i-isn't...new. But...I never w-would have expected you t-to..." Siglos trailed off, trying to find the right words.

"...Allow her to...join you. I suppose."
"I didn't allow her to do anything..." Cain grunted lightly, "She was in the spot first. One thing lead to another, and... I just let her do whatever she wanted."

"I didn't allow her to do anything..." Cain grunted lightly, "She was in the spot first. One thing lead to another, and... I just let her do whatever she wanted."
Siglos glanced at her for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...Yeah...I...I guess t-that would explain it." Siglos said. He turned back towards Jeanne, staring down at the girl.

"...Y-you know...I...never got t-to...apologize to her...for...our last conversation." The Everian muttered.

"...Letting a girl her a-age go out and fight w-while I cower in the Inn. She was...r-right, to call me pathetic."

Siglos glanced at her for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...Yeah...I...I guess t-that would explain it." Siglos said. He turned back towards Jeanne, staring down at the girl.

"...Y-you know...I...never got t-to...apologize to her...for...our last conversation." The Everian muttered.

"...Letting a girl her a-age go out and fight w-while I cower in the Inn. She was...r-right, to call me pathetic."
"...don't worry about that. She wouldn't hold something like that against you." Cain muttered, glancing down at the young knightess. "She'd probably find a way to apologize to you, instead..."

"...don't worry about that. She wouldn't hold something like that against you." Cain muttered, glancing down at the young knightess. "She'd probably find a way to apologize to you, instead..."
Siglos glanced over at Cain for a moment...before chuckling, a soft smile stretching across his pale features.

"..T-that's...that's comforting to hear, I suppose..." Siglos said softly.

"...She's probably t-the only person around w-who would put up with someone like me. Outside of o-our...shared friend. I-i'm grateful for her...f-for them both."

"...was your intention to come here and self-deprecate about how incompetent you are, or did you have something you wanted to tell me...?" Cain muttered softly, turning to Siglos.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, before sighing. Gingerly, he patted Jeanne's arm, before fully standing to his feet.

"...F-forgive me, Cain. I was...j-just feeling a bit...s-sentimental, is all. I-I...s-should know n-not to discuss such things with you." Siglos said softly. He turned to face Cain, his ears twitching underneath his hair.

"...I...did w-want to talk to you...about...last night."

"......" Siglos said nothing for a moment, before bowing. His ashen locks spilled from his traveling clock as he lowered himself. It was different from the awkward, apologetic bow's he would have shown her in times past. His body did not tremble, his cheeks did not flush. It was almost...dignified, in a way. The kind of respect one would show someone of higher status.

"...You saved my life, Cain." Siglos whispered.

"...W-whatever the reason...you have...my sincerest gratitude and thanks. I...cannot e-express, how g-glad I am...to still be standing here today. To...." Siglos said nothing for a moment, taking a breath.

"...To be able...t-to see her face again....w-when I thought I w-would never wake up."

Cain grimaced for a moment, seemingly uncomfortable by his display of thanks... before simply shaking her head, her expression softening and her eyes focusing themselves once more.

"You... you can raise your head. I didn't save you expecting a thanks."

Duine went inside the in, walking around and heading toward shadows she detected. She was headed toward whoever was closest to the entrance. She had excited herself with this battle, and she wanted to get it started as swiftly as possible.

"Hope ah'm not interrupting anything," She said.

"...if you say so. I'm not really privy to whatever manners you practice." Cain merely shrugged, "I'll... accept your thanks anyways. It's whatever."
Siglos shifted where he stood, letting out a...slightly awkward chuckle.

"F-forgive me. I...suppose...f-formalities like t-that...were...part of m-my upbringing." The man said. He moved a hand, gingerly scratching his neck.

"...I...s-suppose Rakshashin's don't...observe customs like that..."

Siglos shifted where he stood, letting out a...slightly awkward chuckle.

"F-forgive me. I...suppose...f-formalities like t-that...were...part of m-my upbringing." The man said. He moved a hand, gingerly scratching his neck.

"...I...s-suppose Rakshashin's don't...observe customs like that..."
"Yeah... not really." Cain murmured, "We're not raised to... yknow. Be polite... which should be obvious."

"Yeah... not really." Cain murmured, "We're not raised to... yknow. Be polite... which should be obvious."
Siglos gingerly nodded.

"...Well...a-alright then." Siglos said awkwardly. He said nothing for a moment, before continuing.

"Sylvia and I were g-going to...stop by a bookstore. I wanted to...stock up before we d-dealt with the nobles..." Siglos said quietly.

"...Would you...uh...l-like anything?"

Siglos gingerly nodded.

"...Well...a-alright then." Siglos said awkwardly. He said nothing for a moment, before continuing.

"Sylvia and I were g-going to...stop by a bookstore. I wanted to...stock up before we d-dealt with the nobles..." Siglos said quietly.

"...Would you...uh...l-like anything?"
"...I don't know how to read..." Cain muttered, after remaining silent for a few moments.

Back