• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"........." Siglos stared at her blankly for a moment, visibly confused.

"...You d-don't know how to read the common language? D-do erm...Rakshashins write their texts d-differently?" He asked.
"No, I don't know how to read... at all. We didn't have books in my clan. Whatever reading material that I saw was stuff Sylvia snuck in... but I never tried reading any of it myself." Cain explained quietly.

"No, I don't know how to read... at all. We didn't have books in my clan. Whatever reading material that I saw was stuff Sylvia snuck in... but I never tried reading any of it myself." Cain explained quietly.
"......Oh." Siglos said quietly. He said nothing for a moment, squirming ever so slightly.

"...W-well..."

".....Would you...e-ever want to...learn?" Siglos asked.

"T-teach you?" Siglos said. That... surprised him. He would have offered something of that nature, but he would have fully expected her to refuse. He said nothing for a moment...before his lips lifted into a small smile.

"...O-of course. I am...available to you...w-whenever you wish." He said. He gave her a gentle nod, before slowly moving towards the door.

"...I...s-shouldn't interrupt your r-rest any further...t-take care, Cain."

Duine went inside the in, walking around and heading toward shadows she detected. She was headed toward whoever was closest to the entrance. She had excited herself with this battle, and she wanted to get it started as swiftly as possible.

"Hope ah'm not interrupting anything," She said.
Shalor was still drinking, and hadn't noticed the Rakshashin just yet

"T-teach you?" Siglos said. That... surprised him. He would have offered something of that nature, but he would have fully expected her to refuse. He said nothing for a moment...before his lips lifted into a small smile.

"...O-of course. I am...available to you...w-whenever you wish." He said. He gave her a gentle nod, before slowly moving towards the door.

"...I...s-shouldn't interrupt your r-rest any further...t-take care, Cain."
"....My... my name isn't..." Cain muttered for a moment, almost to herself, before shaking her head. "Whatever. You... you take care as well. Or don't..."

"....My... my name isn't..." Cain muttered for a moment, almost to herself, before shaking her head. "Whatever. You... you take care as well. Or don't..."
Siglos cocked his head for a moment, clearly a bit confused. He contemplated asking her further...before simply shaking his head, letting out a soft chuckle.

"...T-thank you...I...suppose? I w-will...try to do the former!" He said. He flashed her a small smile...before opening the door, and moving out into the hallway.

"That went... better than expected." Sylvia thought to herself as she stood in the hallway, her arms crossed as she leaned against the wall across from Cain and Jeanne's room. Naturally, with her senses she was able to hear the entire conversation as if she was standing in the room herself.

"Yeah... I could tell." Sylvia said with a chuckle, finding no point in mentioning she could obviously hear them talking. Leaning forward and off the wall, she walked over to Siglos.

"Ready to go?"
"Ready! It will be nice to...get some new material. Nearly memorized the notes I took from the church..." Siglos said. He adjusted his hood with one hand, obscuring most of his face, before grasping Sylvia's hand.

Sylvia flinched a bit as his hand touched hers, the woman freezing for a moment. She let out a breath, before simply smiling, gripping Siglos's hand back. Her rough, marred hand eclipsed the young man's own limb despite her size being more than halved...

"Well, you know this city better than I do, so lead the way."

Sylvia flinched a bit as his hand touched hers, the woman freezing for a moment. She let out a breath, before simply smiling, gripping Siglos's hand back. Her rough, marred hand eclipsed the young man's own limb despite her size being more than halved...

"Well, you know this city better than I do, so lead the way."
Siglos glanced up at her for a moment, cocking his head.

"...Are you alright, Sylvia? We don't need to...erm...hold hands, if you'd rather not." The Everian said.

"Huh?" Sylvia shook her head, "No, No, it's fine. I like holding hands! I just didn't uh... expect it out of nowhere. I was kinda out of it for a sec, heh."
“Oh! I…I can understand that.” Siglos said, flashing her an apologetic smile.

“I'll try to give you…a warning? Or uh…that sounds a bit harsh. I'll…I’ll try to be more considerate about…touching you.” He said softly.

“Oh! I…I can understand that.” Siglos said, flashing her an apologetic smile.

“I'll try to give you…a warning? Or uh…that sounds a bit harsh. I'll…I’ll try to be more considerate about…touching you.” He said softly.
"Y-Yeah, thanks." Sylvia said awkwardly, "I'm still not used to the uh... getting touched all suddenly and stuff without hostile intent. So I'd appreciate that, hun..."

"Y-Yeah, thanks." Sylvia said awkwardly, "I'm still not used to the uh... getting touched all suddenly and stuff without hostile intent. So I'd appreciate that, hun..."
“…Then…let me do this properly…” Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he slipped his hand from hers, taking a small step back. A smile stretched across his lips, pretty, almost charming.

“…May I take your hand…my love?” He whispered. He extended his arm, but did not grasp hers, allowing her to grip him at her leisure.

“…Then…let me do this properly…” Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he slipped his hand from hers, taking a small step back. A smile stretched across his lips, pretty, almost charming.

“…May I take your hand…my love?” He whispered. He extended his arm, but did not grasp hers, allowing her to grip him at her leisure.
Sylvia's eyes widened ever so slightly, the large woman feeling her heart almost skip a beat within her chest. Blushing ever so slightly, she let out an awkward chuckle... and extended her hand outward, grasping Siglos's own once again.

"Of course you can, darling..."

Siglos's fingers slowly curled around hers...his other hand moving to lay atop their shared grip.

"...I...never want you to feel...uncomfortable, because of my actions, Sylvia." Siglos said softly. He looked up at her, his eyes earnest, and soft.

"...If...if no one else. I want you to be...safe, in my presence. Emotionally...just as you protect me physically..." He said. He chuckled awkwardly, flashing her a sheepish smile.

Siglos's fingers slowly curled around hers...his other hand moving to lay atop their shared grip.

"...I...never want you to feel...uncomfortable, because of my actions, Sylvia." Siglos said softly. He looked up at her, his eyes earnest, and soft.

"...If...if no one else. I want you to be...safe, in my presence. Emotionally...just as you protect me physically..." He said. He chuckled awkwardly, flashing her a sheepish smile.
"I... understand, Siglos." Sylvia said with an awkward smile, "I'm just... still getting used to this. We've hugged, we've kissed, we've... done it, yet I'm still so unused to this... relationship thing. I feel so out of my element, sometimes."

"Erebus and Sylvia got too into a spar and nearly broke the place... I heard children play there..."
"Well, laddie, ah'm sorry about where that happened. Ah know ah had tendencies to get a little carried away at times when sparring with me kin. Ah think being around a bunch of duines before coming here helped me pull back me jabs a little bit. Ah'll do me best not to make a midden of it. Ah promise."

"I... understand, Siglos." Sylvia said with an awkward smile, "I'm just... still getting used to this. We've hugged, we've kissed, we've... done it, yet I'm still so unused to this... relationship thing. I feel so out of my element, sometimes."
“…I…I don’t know…what I’m doing either, Sylvia. Or…or if I’m being a good…mate…or if…I should be doing more, or less, or….” Siglos trailed off, his ears twitching.

“…All I know…is that so want to spend…the rest of my life…with you. I…I hoped we could figure the rest out on the way…” He said. He chuckled awkwardly, staring into her emerald eyes.

“…I…I don’t know…what I’m doing either, Sylvia. Or…or if I’m being a good…mate…or if…I should be doing more, or less, or….” Siglos trailed off, his ears twitching.

“…All I know…is that so want to spend…the rest of my life…with you. I…I hoped we could figure the rest out on the way…” He said. He chuckled awkwardly, staring into her emerald eyes.
Sylvia chuckled awkwardly, scratching the side of her neck with her free hand. "I... suppose that we're both still figuring out how all of this works... aren't we?"

"Well, laddie, ah'm sorry about where that happened. Ah know ah had tendencies to get a little carried away at times when sparring with me kin. Ah think being around a bunch of duines before coming here helped me pull back me jabs a little bit. Ah'll do me best not to make a midden of it. Ah promise."
"...Erebus knows where it is. Ask for directions to the last sparring location from him I'm... distracted right now." Shalor said, clearly having a double meaning to that

"...Erebus knows where it is. Ask for directions to the last sparring location from him I'm... distracted right now." Shalor said, clearly having a double meaning to that
"Alright, laddie. Sorry to interrupt ye!" Duine said before walking away and back to Erebus and Noah, "So, Big Yin, a wee laddie said that there was a place where ye fought Sylvia, was it? She seems a proper strong Rakshashin, but that's beside the point. Do ye know where ye wallaped each other? We could have a square go there."

"Alright, laddie. Sorry to interrupt ye!" Duine said before walking away and back to Erebus and Noah, "So, Big Yin, a wee laddie said that there was a place where ye fought Sylvia, was it? She seems a proper strong Rakshashin, but that's beside the point. Do ye know where ye wallaped each other? We could have a square go there."
"It's right over there..." Erebus replied, pointing.

Back