• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Sleep." Cain grunted, carrying the passed out Jeanne on her shoulder into the inn like luggage.
Siglos exited the bathroom after his extended shower…sporting his newly repaired traveling cloak and shirt. His skin was rubbed raw underneath the fabric…the Everian fidgeting with his sleeves ever so slightly to keep the reddened flesh hidden from view.

“There's…still hot water l-left, if you’d like to go in next, Sylvia. Y-you…should be able to fit.”
"Hmmmm... I guess..." Sylvia murmured, finally sitting up in the bed. She raised her beefy arm into the air, giving her armpit a little sniff. "I suppose I could use a quick shower... maybe shave a bit..."
"Hey..." Shalor said with a chuckle, though he was smiling so it was obvious he was joking
Alexia smiled down at Shalor, before straightening her posture. "Give me a bit of time, and I'll have something for you, young one. Would you like anything to drink while you wait?"

"Hmmmm... I guess..." Sylvia murmured, finally sitting up in the bed. She raised her beefy arm into the air, giving her armpit a little sniff. "I suppose I could use a quick shower... maybe shave a bit..."
Siglos's blushed for a moment...before taking his mind out of the gutter, quickly shaking his head.

"...I can erm...wait here until you finish, my love. Take your time." Siglos said. He flashed her a small smile, before taking a seat on a nearby chair.

"Can I see how to make Grape Juice?" Shalor asked "oh- and I'd like some Orange Juice!"
"Oh, the process is mostly magical, dearest. But if you'd like me to make it by hand, I could show you." Alexia said with a smile.
Siglos's blushed for a moment...before taking his mind out of the gutter, quickly shaking his head.

"...I can erm...wait here until you finish, my love. Take your time." Siglos said. He flashed her a small smile, before taking a seat on a nearby chair.
Sylvia raised an eyebrow for a moment, before lightly shrugging. She then got off the bed completely, standing up straight. On instinct, she nearly crouched down, before realizing she could fit within the room still... her sense of balance was still off, it seemed.

"Uh, yeah. I will." Sylvia nodded. She began walking towards the shower, dissipating the darkness that was covering her form at the same time.

Siglos breathed out, leaning back in his chair as Sylvia walked into the bathroom.

"...Focus, Siglos. Stop being s-silly..." The man muttered. He chuckled ever so slightly, before grabbing his bag from the ground below, pulling it into his lap. He rummaged through the purse for a few long moments, searching his inventory.

"...Swords...rings...communication orb...rope...mana potions..." He continued rummaging through his bag, mentally checking off everything he had stored within the spacious interior, before breathing a small sigh. Nothing was missing. Good. He had been worried it might have spilled open after he had been injured. He flinched ever so slightly where he sat, the memory of the prior night causing his body to tense involuntarily.

"......."

He went over the memory in his mind...his hands trembling ever so slightly as he dropped the bag at his side.

".........."

That man had been fast. Faster than he ever could've seen coming, even if he was looking for him. Cain had done something similar to him earlier...moved so fast his eyes couldn't even track where she went.

"...If I...wish to keep myself safe...I...I at least need to be swifter. Sylvia...c-can't protect me from...everything." The man thought. He took a breath, gingerly crossing his arms. He had no desire to return back to the battlefield...but if he continued traveling with them...he knew he'd need to fight again.

"...A speed enchantment? Something to...bolster my perception...maybe? I...I could see if Mana Sight would help." Siglos murmered. He didn't want to get hurt again. He would give anything not to experience that kind of pain...not to be faced with such horrors as he had seen. His only real options were to run away...or prepare.

"....."

"...I'm...not...not running away. N-not....not again." He whispered quietly.

He continued to mutter quietly to himself, waiting for Sylvia to finish.

Siglos breathed out, leaning back in his chair as Sylvia walked into the bathroom.

"...Focus, Siglos. Stop being s-silly..." The man muttered. He chuckled ever so slightly, before grabbing his bag from the ground below, pulling it into his lap. He rummaged through the purse for a few long moments, searching his inventory.

"...Swords...rings...communication orb...rope...mana potions..." He continued rummaging through his bag, mentally checking off everything he had stored within the spacious interior, before breathing a small sigh. Nothing was missing. Good. He had been worried it might have spilled open after he had been injured. He flinched ever so slightly where he sat, the memory of the prior night causing his body to tense involuntarily.

"......."

He went over the memory in his mind...his hands trembling ever so slightly as he dropped the bag at his side.

".........."

That man had been fast. Faster than he ever could've seen coming, even if he was looking for him. Cain had done something similar to him earlier...moved so fast his eyes couldn't even track where she went.

"...If I...wish to keep myself safe...I...I at least need to be swifter. Sylvia...c-can't protect me from...everything." The man thought. He took a breath, gingerly crossing his arms. He had no desire to return back to the battlefield...but if he continued traveling with them...he knew he'd need to fight again.

"...A speed enchantment? Something to...bolster my perception...maybe? I...I could see if Mana Sight would help." Siglos murmered. He didn't want to get hurt again. He would give anything not to experience that kind of pain...not to be faced with such horrors as he had seen. His only real options were to run away...or prepare.

"....."

"...I'm...not...not running away. N-not....not again." He whispered quietly.

He continued to mutter quietly to himself, waiting for Sylvia to finish.
Eventually, Sylvia would come out of the shower, a thin cloud of steam coating her body. Some from the heat of the shower, and some from her own natural body heat forcefully drying her off, evaporating the water on her body.

"Ah... that was... enlightening." She murmured, the steam cloud slowly clearing to reveal her naked form for a moment, which she promptly covered up with darkness once again. Her hair was tied back into a bun and had a towel wrapped around it, Sylvia allowing it to dry naturally without the use of her heat.

Eventually, Sylvia would come out of the shower, a thin cloud of steam coating her body. Some from the heat of the shower, and some from her own natural body heat forcefully drying her off, evaporating the water on her body.

"Ah... that was... enlightening." She murmured, the steam cloud slowly clearing to reveal her naked form for a moment, which she promptly covered up with darkness once again. Her hair was tied back into a bun and had a towel wrapped around it, Sylvia allowing it to dry naturally without the use of her heat.
Siglos glanced up with a start, knocked away from his thoughts as the steam enveloped their small room. He stared at her for a moment, before flashing her a soft smile.

“Enjoy the shower, Sylvia? I…imagine it's the first time in a while…” Siglos said.

“B-because of your uh, size, I mean!”

"Yes! I'd love to see that!" Shalor exclaimed happily and was jumping up and down energetically
"Calm down, son, calm down!" Alexia said with a chuckle, clearly admiring his enthusiasm.
Siglos glanced up with a start, knocked away from his thoughts as the steam enveloped their small room. He stared at her for a moment, before flashing her a soft smile.

“Enjoy the shower, Sylvia? I…imagine it's the first time in a while…” Siglos said.

“B-because of your uh, size, I mean!”
"Never taken a shower before. I only bathed in... rivers and streams and the like. First time I've ever used soap, either..." Sylvia murmured.

Last edited:
"Never taken a shower before. I only bathed in... rivers and streams and the like. First time I've ever used soap, either..." Sylvia murmured.
"Oh?" Siglos said, he cocked his head a bit, thinking for a moment. He supposed he'd taken something as simple as a shower for granted, it hadn't occurred to him she wouldn't have such an experience.

"Well...how w-was your first time, then?" He asked.

"Well, I do need something to distract me just a bit!" Shalor said honestly, but kept his enthusiasm and smile
"Yes, but there are more... healthy distractions then forcing yourself to be excessively positive, dearest." Alexia said, before beginning to lead Shalor to the kitchen.
"Oh?" Siglos said, he cocked his head a bit, thinking for a moment. He supposed he'd taken something as simple as a shower for granted, it hadn't occurred to him she wouldn't have such an experience.

"Well...how w-was your first time, then?" He asked.
"It... was fine. I've had water slam against me before... but this was more pleasant." Sylvia shrugged, "It was nice to finally get to wash my hair... didn't think people could make soaps and shampoo that smell like flowers."

"It... was fine. I've had water slam against me before... but this was more pleasant." Sylvia shrugged, "It was nice to finally get to wash my hair... didn't think people could make soaps and shampoo that smell like flowers."
Siglos stared at her blankly.

"...You....w-wait..." Siglos said. He thought for a moment, unsure of how to word what he wanted to say.

"...H-have you ever used...any sort of...cleaning product? Aside from soap and shampoo, I mean..."

Siglos stared at her blankly.

"...You....w-wait..." Siglos said. He thought for a moment, unsure of how to word what he wanted to say.

"...H-have you ever used...any sort of...cleaning product? Aside from soap and shampoo, I mean..."
"Yeah, but not really... good ones." Sylvia said, "Of course I've tried to take care of myself, to the greatest extent I can... but I don't have any money. And I can't really buy from anyone even when I do, because uh... everyone is usually afraid of me. I can only do the bare minimum so I'm not just constantly covered in a cloud of stink..."

"Yeah, but not really... good ones." Sylvia said, "Of course I've tried to take care of myself, to the greatest extent I can... but I don't have any money. And I can't really buy from anyone even when I do, because uh... everyone is usually afraid of me. I can only do the bare minimum so I'm not just constantly covered in a cloud of stink..."
"Well..." Siglos trailed off, his ears twitching.

"...Would you like to take showers in the future...?" He asked softly.

"Maybe, but I'm not the best person at thinking of that stuff." Shalor responded as he followed the Evarian woman
"Of course you're not... you are a child." Alexia chuckled awkwardly as they entered the kitchen, "But that's why adults exist. I'm always here to help if needed."
"Well..." Siglos trailed off, his ears twitching.

"...Would you like to take showers in the future...?" He asked softly.
"I... suppose so." Sylvia murmured, tilting her head. "It's a bit of a hassle to shrink myself down, though... by hassle, I mean really painful."

"Of course you're not... you are a child." Alexia chuckled awkwardly as they entered the kitchen, "But that's why adults exist. I'm always here to help if needed."
"And yet some don't have those interests... it doesn't matter right now much anyway." Shalor said, childish as he was, this wasn't his first time experiencing something a bit off, but that was evident by his marks and chains.

"I... suppose so." Sylvia murmured, tilting her head. "It's a bit of a hassle to shrink myself down, though... by hassle, I mean really painful."
"......" Siglos said nothing for a moment, seemingly thinking about something.

"...You know...I can...enchant something. L-lets say...a bucket...to produce...many small streams of water...like a showerhead. I could even make it warm..." He said softly.

"...And I have...soap and other...cosmetic items...in m-my bag. Most of them are...lavender scented, b-but I could buy ones that smell like...other flowers." He said. he scratched his neck, flashing her a small smile.

"...We may not be able to g-get you under a...proper shower anytime soon. But I could...certainly set up a...makeshift one f-for you. I-if you're...e-ever interested again..."

"And yet some don't have those interests... it doesn't matter right now much anyway." Shalor said, childish as he was, this wasn't his first time experiencing something a bit off, but that was evident by his marks and chains.
"It matters very much, young man. Your mental health is more important than you may think..." Alexia said, before moving to the back of the kitchen. Using a device powered by Ice Magic, she stored many different meats as well as fruits, including grapes. The machine was a rectangular shape and seemed quite heavy, with a large door that seemingly lacked a handle.

With a snap of her fingers, the door was opened telekinetically, from which Alexia would pull out a fresh vine of grapes from.

"......" Siglos said nothing for a moment, seemingly thinking about something.

"...You know...I can...enchant something. L-lets say...a bucket...to produce...many small streams of water...like a showerhead. I could even make it warm..." He said softly.

"...And I have...soap and other...cosmetic items...in m-my bag. Most of them are...lavender scented, b-but I could buy ones that smell like...other flowers." He said. he scratched his neck, flashing her a small smile.

"...We may not be able to g-get you under a...proper shower anytime soon. But I could...certainly set up a...makeshift one f-for you. I-if you're...e-ever interested again..."
"You... really don't need to go through all that trouble for me, Siglos." Sylvia said quite awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck with her freshly cleaned claws.

"It matters very much, young man. Your mental health is more important than you may think..." Alexia said, before moving to the back of the kitchen. Using a device powered by Ice Magic, she stored many different meats as well as fruits, including grapes. The machine was a rectangular shape and seemed quite heavy, with a large door that seemingly lacked a handle.

With a snap of her fingers, the door was opened telekinetically, from which Alexia would pull out a fresh vine of grapes from.
"...I know..." Shalor said, watching very intently as he followed the much older woman

"You... really don't need to go through all that trouble for me, Siglos." Sylvia said quite awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck with her freshly cleaned claws.
"...Sylvia..." Siglos said, he puffed out his cheeks a bit.

"...I am your mate...your partner. It's not trouble for me to do something you might e-enjoy..." He said.

"Beyond giving y-you the...occasional honeyed words...or my body. Doing s-something like this is...is the least I can do."

"...Sylvia..." Siglos said, he puffed out his cheeks a bit.

"...I am your mate...your partner. It's not trouble for me to do something you might e-enjoy..." He said.

"Beyond giving y-you the...occasional honeyed words...or my body. Doing s-something like this is...is the least I can do."
"Alright, alright." Sylvia chuckled, raising her arms up a bit in defense. "No need to start pouting. I appreciate the sentiment, really."
"...I know..." Shalor said, watching very intently as he followed the much older woman
"Good. Keep that in mind in the future." Alexia said as she telekinetically took out a few more items from her pantry: a metal bowl, a strainer, and a glass cup. Removing the grapes from the vine by hand, she would place them in the metal bowl.

"There are different processes to making various juices, but with grapes, crushing them or blending them up is most effective. I can't blend them by hand, so... we'll just grind them up."

Back