• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Jeanne glanced over at Siglos for a moment, before letting out a breath. She had some things she wanted to say to him... but now was not the time. She began to concentrate far harder than she ever had before. She focused on the feeling- The feeling of the fire. The burning feeling that scorched away her very soul with each passing moment.

Whatever it was... it resonated with the chaotic energy beneath. As if the two powers were destined to coalesce and combine. Her eyes flashed scarlet, deep rings and endless spirals manifesting within the pupils and iris. A fire emerged from her palm- A scarlet blaze.

It coated the ground beneath, but did not burn it. It spread out to the people standing behind Jeanne, dowsing them in the flames... but it did not burn or harm them. The flames were cold, tranquil, and undying.

The cobblestone slowly took form, as the scarlet fire coated them, reshaping the material itself down to its most basic materialistic components. As Siglos had predicted... the earth began to shift, and spread apart, being forced open by Jeanne's fire.

Eventually... the passageway was clear. The flames had forced open the invisible doorway- Revealing a chasm, rectangular in shape, and glowing with dark energies. A horrible sound emerged from the chasm... the sound of screams, the sound of flesh being torn, the sound of blood hitting earth.

And most of all, the sound of laughter. It was a familiar laugh, from a familiar voice. One they had experienced... not long ago.

Siglos’s heart skipped a beat, the lithe Everian letting out a soft, muted gasp as the torturous sounds of the cavern below reached his ears. But that wasn't all…he knew that voice...his time glued to the communication orb branded into his memory like a hot iron. It sent shivers down his spine…made his very hairs stand on end. It took all his willpower not to scamper away there and then, to simply abandoned what little conviction he had and retreat to the safety of the inn…

Yet…he stayed. Trembling, fearful…looking more akin to some scared child than any bold adventurer…but he did not flee.

“Haaah….haaah…” Siglos’s soft, panicked breathing escaped his lips, the only noise emanated by the pale Everian as he stood behind his mate.

Sylvia could a hand press into her own, the lithe digits trembling against her thick flesh. Siglos had slipped his hand into hers, their fingers interlocking, if she allowed it.

“…..”

“….I-I b-brought…I…I brought t-the s-sword.” Siglos said quietly. The same sword he had used to slay the magical beast with his mate, a time that felt like almost a lifetime ago.

“…..”

“I-if it…c-comes down to it…g-give…g-give me the signal…”

She would be able to smell the fear in his body, his nervous perspiration marking him in the same way it would an animal of prey. He clung close…but forced himself to stand beside her.

Sylvia gripped Siglos's hand. Not to tight, but not to lightly either. She nodded, looking down at the small man with the widest, most reassuring smile she could muster at the moment. The titanic woman spoke.

"I won't have to give the signal. Because I'll protect you."

The effects of her words were evident to the woman...the trembling flesh within her grip easing against her palm. The Everian stared up at her emerald gaze...flashing the smallest of smiles in return.

"...I c-can...n-never thank you...enough...f-for s-sticking by me…l-like this..." Siglos said softly. He squeezed her hand, slowly stepping toward the entrance Jeanne created.

"...I-i'll...do m-my best...t-to support you...h-how I can..."

Last edited:
"...Right." Sylvia nodded, "That's enough time wasted, though. Let's jump in before somebody sees us. Hold onto me as tight as you can- Alright?"
Siglos slowly nodded, tightening his grip against his mate's fingers. He let out a deep, shaky breath, forcing himself to calm down as much as he could.

“…Lead the way, my emerald…” He said softly.

"There's no way to lead, it's literally a hole. Jump in to it." Sylvia said, her grip against Siglos tightening. She hopped into the chasm Jeanne had created, and as she went Siglos was dragged with her into the darkness.

"Wai- Oh, for the love of the Goddess..." Jeanne let out a sigh, curling into a tight ball as she cannon-balled into the chasm.

"Idiots." Cain said blankly, simply stepping forward and letting herself fall straight-down.

"There's no way to lead, it's literally a hole. Jump in to it." Sylvia said, her grip against Siglos tightening. She hopped into the chasm Jeanne had created, and as she went Siglos was dragged with her into the darkness.

"Wai- Oh, for the love of the Goddess..." Jeanne let out a sigh, curling into a tight ball as she cannon-balled into the chasm.

"Idiots." Cain said blankly, simply stepping forward and letting herself fall straight-down.
"W-wai-!" Siglos exclaimed, barely having time to process before his mate pulled him into the darkness. His free arm flailed behind him, the Everian resisting the urge to close his eyes as they plummeted into the unknown.

(I'm going to assume the rest of you goobers also jumped in.)

As the rest of them jumped into the hole, they would find scarce light within it, as the hole that Jeanne had created swiftly sealed up... sealing them off from the outside. For now, the only thing left to them were themselves, the sound of wind, and the blackness.

"Is everyone alright!?" Jeanne shouted, her voice echoing.

As the rest of them jumped into the hole, they would find scarce light within it, as the hole that Jeanne had created swiftly sealed up... sealing them off from the outside. For now, the only thing left to them were themselves, the sound of wind, and the blackness.

"Yes, i fine, what about you Jeanne?"

"Y-yeah I...I t-think!" Siglos called out. His body clung tightly to Sylvia's arm, the larger woman likely absorbing the brunt of the impact of the fall, if she didn't use her wings to negate it. He concentrated for a moment, before telekinetically opening his bag....a large, spherical shape emerging from the fabric, made of translucent glass. It hovered there for a moment...before slowly brightening, creating a small light source that would illuminate their surroundings.

(Duine was in Cain's shadow.)

"Aye!" Duine said, emerging from the shadow inside of the darkness, "And you, lass?"

"Long enough." Kargath said, Twisting in mid-air to make himself more aerodynamic and fall faster
Erebus was falling as he remained silent.
"That's vague, but also fair..." Sylvia said, "We could use this time to strategize?"

"They probably already know we're here. Any plan we come up with will be heard." Cain grunted
It was true to say the least, but he had thoughts in his mind to use the tools he had gathered.

"Uh, right..." Jeanne murmured to herself. She looked down a bit, seeing a faint light slowly, but surely, approach them from below. And as they fell, it would only grow bigger, and bigger, and bigger... in terms of size, not brightness.

"Still pretty dark, but it is something... I should probably brace for impact." Jeanne thought to herself. She hoped Siglos's enchanted armor would absorb most of the damage... she hoped.

"U-uh...Sylvia, c-can you...c-carry them to the ground!? I...d-don't believe Jeanne or Shalor c-can fly..." Siglos said wearily, watching the rapidly growing light.

"...Or Cain...I suppose..." Siglos murmered. He wasn't really worried about her, nor Kargath or Erebus, assuming them to be too strong for a simple fall to do much harm. He himself could always fall back on his enchanted boots to soften his landing, so that fall was, ironically, one of the least of his concerns.

"U-uh...Sylvia, c-can you...c-carry them to the ground!? I...d-don't believe Jeanne or Shalor c-can fly..." Siglos said wearily, watching the rapidly growing light.

"...Or Cain...I suppose..." Siglos murmered. He wasn't really worried about her, nor Kargath or Erebus, assuming them to be too strong for a simple fall to do much harm. He himself could always fall back on his enchanted boots to soften his landing, so that fall was, ironically, one of the least of his concerns.
"Cain will be fine. I can carry Jeanne, though..." Sylvia nodded, her tail extending outward towards Jeanne, noticing Noah had already taken care of Shalor. Before Jeanne could respond or protest, the tail would wrap tightly around her waist, pulling her over to Sylvia and right next to Siglos.

"Uh... thank you?" Jeanne said awkwardly as they were on the precipice of hitting the ground in a few moments time...

"Cain will be fine. I can carry Jeanne, though..." Sylvia nodded, her tail extending outward towards Jeanne, noticing Noah had already taken care of Shalor. Before Jeanne could respond or protest, the tail would wrap tightly around her waist, pulling her over to Sylvia and right next to Siglos.

"Uh... thank you?" Jeanne said awkwardly as they were on the precipice of hitting the ground in a few moments time...
Erebus smiled at seeing the group work together like this under his helmet, reminiscing the past— even for a little— as they reminded him of the people he used to know.

Noah stepped forward, she flew to Shalor's side and with little difficulty grabbed him to break his fall.

"well, we don't want to attract attention, better not make noise when we get to the ground"
"Erm... I'm not the one you should be worried about..." Shalor murmured, referring to the massive mass of muscle that was Kargath Bladefist, who flipped around to land feet-first

Back