• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"I uh... think we knew what you meant, haha." Jeanne said, scratching the back of her head. Something felt off to her, though. "We should move as quickly as possible... good work, by the way."
Erebus nods at this as he slowly conceals himself,
“Oh..right…uh…” Siglos stepped away from the portals, gesturing at the images on the ground. Mana, congealed and made visible to form painting-like landscapes, each representing the other side of the magical portals.

“…We can…decide which portal to take, w-with these…” He explained.
"Good work, by the way..." he replied calmly, patting Siglos' shoulder gently.

“Thank y-you. You can…c-count on me for any…magical r-related issues in the future.” He said softly. He flashed the Rakshashin a small smile, before turning his attention back to the portals.
"The portals could still be a trap..." he replied, examining them. "Either that, or they're rigged at the same time you tried to fix it..."

The armored Rakshashin began to look around as the silence deafened him.

Siglos looked at him blankly for a moment, before quickly shaking his head.

“T-that’s impossible. Or…it should be. I-I would have been able to d-detect if they…a-altered the mana while I was…w-working with it…” Siglos said. He looked back at the portals, growing increasingly uneasy.
He held a finger up.

"Try detecting any physical present around us... There has to be someone else here..."

"Indeed! Maybe try detecting a physical presence first before you mess around to much, boy."

BOOM!!​

In a mere instant, through the very teleportation magic he had modified, Siglos would feel someone dig their toes directly into his stomach, kicking him at close-range as they warped directly in front of him. He would be sent flying into the opposing wall at an untold speed, slamming into the material and caving it in.

"Si... Siglos...?!" Sylvia was confused at what had happened. It was... fast. Extremely fast- Faster than she could react at the immediate moment. The dust and debris veiled the entire group's vision of their adversary, but she wasn't worried about whoever this was, she ran over to Siglos as fast as she could.

"Indeed! Maybe try detecting a physical presence first before you mess around to much, boy."

BOOM!!​

In a mere instant, through the very teleportation magic he had modified, Siglos would feel someone dig their toes directly into his stomach, kicking him at close-range as they warped directly in front of him. He would be sent flying into the opposing wall at an untold speed, slamming into the material and caving it in.

"Si... Siglos...?!" Sylvia was confused at what had happened. It was... fast. Extremely fast- Faster than she could react at the immediate moment. The dust and debris veiled the entire group's vision of their adversary, but she wasn't worried about whoever this was, she ran over to Siglos as fast as she could.
"Knew it.." with a calm composure, he unleashed Ashrune from his behind, readying his weapon. "Doesn't this remind me of back then...?" a reminder of the last scuffle or sparring he had with Wing Girl.

A pronounced crack could be heard as the body slammed into the adjacent wall, the grisly noise of bones fracturing from impact. The lithe Everian’s body…slid down the cratered mess of the wall, collapsing into a tattered heap on the hay-covered ground, dust and debris falling atop his fragile flesh.

“Haaaaaa….” A noise escaped his lips, the noise of lungs, straining for air after the wind was knocked away from them. Thankfully, whoever had attacked had hit his robes instead of his bare flesh…the magic within his clothing warding off just enough of the force to keep him alive…for the moment.

"Knew it!? Of COURSE you knew it! We make it SOOO damn obvious! I mean, REALLY! What part of 'large, scary, dark' corridor in enemy territory doesn't scream, somebody's gonna attack you while you think that you've achieved something? That is ineptitude I haven't seen in a LONG ******* time, I swear!"

The figure, before the debris could clear from Kargath's attack, leaped backward with a skillful flip, landing on his feet with clearly purposefully accentuated style, revealing himself. "Let's see, let's see, then... A pathetic knife-ears. Four black devils, nasty! One lizard. Two, no... one human. And a blue-skin! All fun combinations. Truly. I'm impressed. Congratulations."
A pronounced crack could be heard as the body slammed into the adjacent wall, the grisly noise of bones fracturing from impact. The lithe Everian’s body…slid down the cratered mess of the wall, collapsing into a tattered heap on the hay-covered ground, dust and debris falling atop his fragile flesh.

“Haaaaaa….” A noise escaped his lips, the noise of lungs, straining for air after the wind was knocked away from them. Thankfully, whoever had attacked had hit his robes instead of his bare flesh…the magic within his clothing warding off just enough of the force to keep him alive…for the moment.
"S-Siglos... Can you hear me...!?" Sylvia shouted, gripping Siglos by his shoulders. "H-Healing... y-you... you need to... haa... haa... if Saffi was here, she'd... ****... ****!"

"Knew it!? Of COURSE you knew it! We make it SOOO damn obvious! I mean, REALLY! What part of 'large, scary, dark' corridor in enemy territory doesn't scream, somebody's gonna attack you while you think that you've achieved something? That is ineptitude I haven't seen in a LONG ***** time, I swear!"

The figure, before the debris could clear from Kargath's attack, leaped backward with a skillful flip, landing on his feet with clearly purposefully accentuated style, revealing himself. "Let's see, let's see, then... A pathetic knife-ears. Four black devils, nasty! One lizard. Two, no... one human. And a blue-skin! All fun combinations. Truly. I'm impressed. Congratulations."

"S-Siglos... Can you hear me...!?" Sylvia shouted, gripping Siglos by his shoulders. "H-Healing... y-you... you need to... haa... haa... if Saffi was here, she'd... *****... *****!"
Shalor's eyes narrowed and Kargath observed the man, using his talkative nature to get a grip on his weaknesses

"S-Siglos... Can you hear me...!?" Sylvia shouted, gripping Siglos by his shoulders. "H-Healing... y-you... you need to... haa... haa... if Saffi was here, she'd... *****... *****!"
Siglos's eyes were unfocused, half-lidded, as if he was on the cusp of falling asleep. His lips parted…only for a trail of blood to pass between them, dripping crimson droplets onto his dirty, green cloak.

“H-huh?” He croaked. His ears twitched weakily, the man slowly shifting towards the sound of the voice.

“Syl…via?”

"Knew it!? Of COURSE you knew it! We make it SOOO damn obvious! I mean, REALLY! What part of 'large, scary, dark' corridor in enemy territory doesn't scream, somebody's gonna attack you while you think that you've achieved something? That is ineptitude I haven't seen in a LONG ***** time, I swear!"

"You sure are high or... something..." he titled his head, unfazed by whatever he said or what he did, tightening the grip on his giant sword as he analyzed what he could do.

"Yeah, yeah, WHATEVER! The Big C has plans for all of you... and this whole darn city! Which means unfortunately, I don't have time to play around with yah to much!" The man snapped his fingers... "So I will leave my colleagues to deal with you."

And dozens upon dozens of people began popping out of thin air, through the teleportation circles. They wore the same clothing and gear as the assassins the group had faced before, each near identical. Dozens soon became hundreds upon hundreds, beginning to fill up the hallway.

"W-We can't take this many on..." Jeanne shuffled back, gripping her sword tightly.

"We can't?" Cain questioned, readying herself for combat.
Siglos's eyes were unfocused, half-lidded, as if he was on the cusp of falling asleep. His lips parted…only for a trail of blood to pass between them, dripping crimson droplets onto his dirty, green cloak.

“H-huh?” He croaked. His ears twitched weakily, the man slowly shifting towards the sound of the voice.

“Syl…via?”
"Y-Yes! It's me, Sylvia! C-Can you walk!?" Sylvia asked, worried out of her wits, which at the moment seemed to be very shallow.

"Y-Yes! It's me, Sylvia! C-Can you walk!?" Sylvia asked, worried out of her wits, which at the moment seemed to be very shallow.
Siglos’s eyes shifted to Sylvia for a moment…before shifting to the mass of figures emerging from the circle. His eyes zeroed in on the ground beneath their feet…the runes he had modified just moments ago…a thin coating of his own mana still shimmering imperceptibly above one of the circles. He said nothing for a moment…his eyes widening ever so slightly.

“…S-Sylvia…”

“…T-the portals. T-tell…t-tell e-everyone to…g-get…g-get…away…f-from them!” He croaked quietly.

"Wh-Wha...?" Sylvia turned away from Siglos, looking at the ensuing battle. She was so focused on Siglos... she hadn't even noticed the, at this point, uncountable number of enemies getting into position for battle.

"What are you planning, Siglos...?"

"Wh-Wha...?" Sylvia turned away from Siglos, looking at the ensuing battle. She was so focused on Siglos... she hadn't even noticed the, at this point, uncountable number of enemies getting into position for battle.

"What are you planning, Siglos...?"
Siglos looked up at his mate, his chest rising and falling with his labored breaths.

“…Circles...t-trap....b-buy....t-time..." Siglos gasped. He winced, taking a shaky breath.

"...H-hurry...p-please..."

Assuming his allies had either retreated, or we're safely out of range...Siglos would force his injured body to move. With a slow, weak motion...He twisted the mana in his fingers. A subtle...quiet gesture, barely noticed by the people around him, much less their countless pursuers. As the mana shifted in his grasp...moving...writhing within his palms...he focused his mind on the runes...grasping them in his brain, willing them to move on his command.

It was...funny, in a way. How just a few changes in a runic pattern...

Could turn a teleportation circle into a bomb. One loaded with enough mana to collapse an entire section of the corridor. Using the magic whoever had created the runes used to arm their trap against the party...Siglos instead focused it entirely outward, pumping his remaining mana into the floor to magnify the incoming blast. The result of this amalgamation of mana was akin to a small-scale explosive, utterly fragmenting anything within its radius.

"Haha! You're a damned psycho, kid!" The mysterious man shouted from the very back of the ranks, immediately shifting out of the battlefield via a teleportation circle, just before the explosion. His solders, though? They were... not so lucky.

A large portion of them were blown to bits, their remains of blood and guts flying through the air and painting the walls of the ccorridor. On the topic of the corridor, the explosion had also caused a decent portion of the walls to violently fragment, causing some of the area to cave in, on the enemy assailants. The foundations of the area shook, Siglos's explosion clearly having done more damage than he may have intended... or perhaps he did.

"Wh... what the heck...!?" Jeanne shouted, coughing a bit as a wave of dust and debris hit her, as well as some burnt blood. "Y... Th... They blew up...!!"

Siglos writhed expending so much mana in his injured state causing pain to shoot into every nerve in his body. He coughed, a reddish phlegm splattering onto the ground below. He knew Alexia's Stigma would...thankfully, save him from suffering the worst of mana's sickness's effects, but that didn't make the pain any less torturous on the poor boy.

"...Mmmmh....hoooh....haaa..." The man gasped for air, a motion that soon devolved into a soft cough as the wave of debris hit them.

"...Haaah...t-t...t-that's...t-that's w-what...y-y...you...haaah...g...get. Haaah. I...I...I'll...b-bring y-y....your w-whole....f-fricking...b-base...d-down..." Siglos muttered. A...rather clear bluff, coming from a dying man who could barely form a coherent sentence. His head lulled, pressing into the flesh of Sylvia's arm.

"...d-did...d-did...I...g-get...g-get them?" He asked quietly.

Siglos writhed expending so much mana in his injured state causing pain to shoot into every nerve in his body. He coughed, a reddish phlegm splattering onto the ground below. He knew Alexia's Stigma would...thankfully, save him from suffering the worst of mana's sickness's effects, but that didn't make the pain any less torturous on the poor boy.

"...Mmmmh....hoooh....haaa..." The man gasped for air, a motion that soon devolved into a soft cough as the wave of debris hit them.

"...Haaah...t-t...t-that's...t-that's w-what...y-y...you...haaah...g...get. Haaah. I...I...I'll...b-bring y-y....your w-whole....f-fricking...b-base...d-down..." Siglos muttered. A...rather clear bluff, coming from a dying man who could barely form a coherent sentence. His head lulled, pressing into the flesh of Sylvia's arm.

"Stand proud, kid..." The black blade swung his sword to clear the smoke, "You got 'em..." Erebus said, standing in front.

"Y-You did, hun... you uh... you did it." Sylvia confirmed with wide eyes, "I don't think now is the time to brag, though.. this whole place might come down on top of us... and you need treatment..."

"That was pure mental, mannie!" Duine said, "You turned an onslaught into a reekbeek mess along the walls!"

The Rakshashin was thoroughly impressed. She already was by the ring that allowed her to verbally compliment the Everian, but this was another level. Thinking back to the conversation she had with Cain when she first met her and Siglos, she felt beyond justified for thinking he had potential, and in a way, sticking up for him.

"Dunno. Guess we might all fall again." Sylvia murmured, "But if we do, I can always just try again..."
"...or maybe not..." he muttered, shrugging as he takes a bit of distance, not even minding the group as he began to swing his blade at the ground, before using said momentum to propel himself upward, pulling the sword and jumping on it as a platform before extending his metal arm to reel it back and shooting a blank— to make sure none of his allies for hit— to land up top.

Cain would stay back, examining the crushed corpses beneath the rubble. "......"

"Cain? What are you doing...?" Jeanne murmured, turning back to her.

"Don't worry about it." The woman grunted, examining their blood. "Something just feels off... that's all."

Cain would stay back, examining the crushed corpses beneath the rubble. "......"

"Cain? What are you doing...?" Jeanne murmured, turning back to her.

"Don't worry about it." The woman grunted, examining their blood. "Something just feels off... that's all."
"Let her cook her do her own thing..." he replied, landing on the handle of his sword plunged on the ground up and sat on it– both legs crossed with perfect balance.

Back