• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Then don't be the victim, Siglos. They haven't gone far. You can still go to them... you can still make things right. It may seem perilous... and it is. And I won't say that just courage will be enough to get you through it. That's just wishful thinking that'll get you killed. But what you need is not blind courage... but faith, Siglos. Faith in the people who you care about. Faith in their conviction. Faith in your bond. Overwhelming faith will overpower your fear. I promise you."
“...Faith....” Siglos murmured. That was... unfamiliar to the Everian. He wasn't extremely religious...and he had grown up in a place where he couldn't even trust the man who raised him...much less others. He had never considered himself a distrustful man...but the more he thought upon it...the more he realized the truth in the woman's words. After all...he never even told them his real name, his connections with the place. His fear...stopped him from telling them the real reason he was afraid in the first place. Maybe...maybe, that was what he was missing. He couldn't say for sure...

But it was better than staying stagnant.

“....” Siglos thought about this for a moment, his eyes slowly opening.

“...I.....” Siglos trailed off.

“...I want to have faith in her, Alexia.”

“........” Siglos slowly rose to his feet, leaning against the door.

“...I’m....I’m going to....to follow them...” He thought. His tone was clearly uneasy, the fear remaining in his heart. But...his voice was lifted ever so slightly, a slight edge of determination that was foreign to his usual meek manner of speech.

Last edited:
(Bump.)
“...Faith....” Siglos murmured. That was... unfamiliar to the Everian. He wasn't extremely religious...and he had grown up in a place where he couldn't even trust the man who raised him...much less others. He had never considered himself a distrustful man...but the more he thought upon it...the more he realized the truth in the woman's words. After all...he never even told them his real name, his connections with the place. His fear...stopped him from telling them the real reason he was afraid in the first place. Maybe...maybe, that was what he was missing. He couldn't say for sure...

But it was better than staying stagnant.

“....” Siglos thought about this for a moment, his eyes slowly opening.

“...I.....” Siglos trailed off.

“...I want to have faith in her, Alexia.”

“........” Siglos slowly rose to his feet, leaning against the door.

“...I’m....I’m going to....to follow them...” He thought. His tone was clearly uneasy, the fear remaining in his heart. But...his voice was lifted ever so slightly, a slight edge of determination that was foreign to his usual meek manner of speech.
"I'm glad that you are stepping up, Siglos... But, don't you think it would be more appropriate to inform your lover of where you're going, before you go?"

"She is. I doubt she would leave to anywhere else that you would be unable to find her."
Siglos...chuckled a bit at that, a small smile spreading across his pale face.

“...She’s...always looking out for me. I don't deserve someone like her...” Siglos said. Gingerly...he walked into the hallway, wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

“...Thank you, Alexia. For...for everything.”

Siglos...chuckled a bit at that, a small smile spreading across his pale face.

“...She’s...always looking out for me. I don't deserve someone like her...” Siglos said. Gingerly...he walked into the hallway, wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

“...Thank you, Alexia. For...for everything.”
"It's okay, Siglos. You do not have to thank me. If you ever need me again... I'll be right here, alright?"

Siglos smiled again, his ears twitching.

“...You don't know...how much that means to me, Alexia. I’ll... talk to you soon...I hope..." Siglos said. He walked through the inn, stopping at the shattered glass that remained of the communication orb. He held out his unmarked hand, his mana gingerly spreading across the broken pieces...the shards vibrating for a moment, before slowly pulling themselves back together. It wasn't long until the orb was intact again, Siglos hesitating for a brief moment before carefully scooping it into his bag.

Once he had finished his business in the inn...he took his first steps into the evening streets, looking for his mate.

Once he had finished his business in the inn...he took his first steps into the evening streets, looking for his mate.
As usual, she was stationed in an alleyway across from the inn, having not moved a single pace from her spot as to not draw any attention in the crowd. Her pointed ears twitched ever so slightly as she heard Siglos approach from afar, "Oh!"

"H-Hey." She said with an awkward smile. Unlike many times she had smiled in such a crooked manner at him before, this was seemed more... genuine, and not created from a facade. She was clearly concerned for him.

"Do you... need to talk, honey?"

As usual, she was stationed in an alleyway across from the inn, having not moved a single pace from her spot as to not draw any attention in the crowd. Her pointed ears twitched ever so slightly as she heard Siglos approach from afar, "Oh!"

"H-Hey." She said with an awkward smile. Unlike many times she had smiled in such a crooked manner at him before, this was seemed more... genuine, and not created from a facade. She was clearly concerned for him.

"Do you... need to talk, honey?"
Siglos gingerly approached Sylvia where she stood, a feeling of warmth spreading through his chest. He was nervous, a look all too familiar on the expression of the small Everian before her...but there was something else too. His body...wasn't trembling, his feet steady atop the cobblestone street below. It was a minor detail, but to someone familiar with Siglos’s...mannerisms, it was rather notable.

“.......” Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly returning his own, crooked smile.

“...I...I assume...you h-heard...w-what happened with Jeanne?” Siglos said softly. He was, at this point, well aware of how sharp his partner's hearing was.

Siglos gingerly approached Sylvia where she stood, a feeling of warmth spreading through his chest. He was nervous, a look all too familiar on the expression of the small Everian before her...but there was something else too. His body...wasn't trembling, his feet steady atop the cobblestone street below. It was a minor detail, but to someone familiar with Siglos’s...mannerisms, it was rather notable.

“.......” Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly returning his own, crooked smile.

“...I...I assume...you h-heard...w-what happened with Jeanne?” Siglos said softly. He was, at this point, well aware of how sharp his partner's hearing was.
"Y-Yeah. I heard all the stuff that went down." Sylvia nodded, "It was... pretty crazy to have to just sit here and listen to it..."

"...." Siglos said nothing to that, before gingerly nodding.

"...Sylvia. D-do...do y-you remember, what you said...w-when I asked you a-about...pursuing C-Cain's dream?" Siglos said softly.
"...." Sylvia remained silent for a moment, before letting out a shaky breath. She slowly nodded her head, and then spoke softly.

"What exactly are you trying to say, Siglos...?"

"...." Sylvia remained silent for a moment, before letting out a shaky breath. She slowly nodded her head, and then spoke softly.

"What exactly are you trying to say, Siglos...?"
"........."

"...I...I d-didn't...didn't understand." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I'm a...c-coward, S-Sylvia. T-the....t-the idea....t-the idea o-of...h-having...h-having s-so m-much....f-faith. Faith in a...d-dream. F-faith in a f-friend....I...I thought it was...a-absurd." Siglos said softly. He said nothing for a moment...taking a slow, shaky breath.

"But...I w-want...I want to u-understand. I...I t-think...If I...if I...understand t-that feeling...I-I'll...finally...finally...b-be someone...s-someone...who doesn't...live i-in fear. Who...who..." Siglos trailed off, taking another breath.

"...w-who isn't a victim." He closed his eyes, slowly clenching his small, weak fists.

"...I'm g-going with Jeanne, S-Sylvia." He finished.

"...It's going to be a dangerous endeavor, Siglos. You have no combat experience. And your ability to protect yourself is... limited. Even if I go with you... there's no guarantee that you'll... come out alive." Sylvia murmured, clenching her fists, her claws digging into her palms. She let out a breath.

"Even knowing this... do you still want to stand by her? Do you care about Jeanne that much?"

"......." Siglos said nothing for a moment, his eyes shifting toward the ground.

"...This i-isn't just...for Jeanne, Sylvia. T-this...." Siglos trailed off, shaking his head.

"...T-this is for me, too. I-i'm tired. T-tired...o-of being a victim, Sylvia. O-of the nobles. O-of...o-of my own fears!"

"...I-if...i-if putting f-faith...i-in t-that girls dream. I-if believing in her will...in her strength. W-will let me...f-for once in my life...experience being s-something...beyond a victim....t-then..." Siglos stared up at Sylvia, his eyes hard.

"...it's worth the risk..."

"......"

Sylvia nodded, closing her eyes. "Alright."

Siglos could hear the violent crack of bone emanate from the woman. This sound continued to intensify, as Sylvia curled up ever so slightly, biting her lower lip to stifle a shout. Her bones and muscles continued to be crushed, the woman slowly, but surely... beginning to shrink down. Some blood spewed from her mouth, nose, and ears.

"****, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** this hurts..."

After the process was finished, Sylvia fell to her knees, breathing heavily. It took her a while to adjust to the overwhelming pain, but eventually... she did do just that, slowly getting up and standing up.

From her previous 14 feet, she had been shrunken down to a measly 7, the girl letting out a pained breath. Her muscles writhed with pain and discomfort, but they swiftly adapted, a gentle steam rising from her body as her skin heated up.

She kneeled down, her back muscles tensing. Her much smaller wings flapped swiftly on her back, a soft breeze emanating from her.

"Get on my back. They've gone far, but it won't take long if we run."

Last edited:
"......"

Sylvia nodded, closing her eyes. "Alright."

Siglos could hear the violent crack of bone emanate from the woman. This sound continued to intensify, as Sylvia curled up ever so slightly, biting her lower lip to stifle a shout. Her bones and muscles continued to be crushed, the woman slowly, but surely... beginning to shrink down. Some blood spewed from her mouth, nose, and ears.

"****, **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** this hurts..."

After the process was finished, Sylvia fell to her knees, breathing heavily. It took her a while to adjust to the overwhelming pain, but eventually... she did do just that, slowly getting up and standing up.

From her previous 14 feet, she had been shrunken down to a measly 7, the girl letting out a pained breath. Her muscles writhed with pain and discomfort, but they swiftly adapted, a gentle steam rising from her body as her skin heated up.

She kneeled down, her back muscles tensing. Her much smaller wings flapped swiftly on her back, a soft breeze emanating from her.

"Get on my back. They've gone far, but it won't take long if we run."
Siglos winced...the Everian tempted to look away from the grotesque sight as he saw her body mutilate and distort.

"...S-Sylvia..." Siglos said quietly. He opened his mouth as if to speak further, but slowly shut it, taking a deep breath.

"...I love you...m-my emerald....t-thank you." He said. Without another delay, he stumbled forward, gingerly slipping onto her back. His arms wrapped around her neck, his grip tight on her condensed, muscular flesh.

Siglos winced...the Everian tempted to look away from the grotesque sight as he saw her body mutilate and distort.

"...S-Sylvia..." Siglos said quietly. He opened his mouth as if to speak further, but slowly shut it, taking a deep breath.

"...I love you...m-my emerald....t-thank you." He said. Without another delay, he stumbled forward, gingerly slipping onto her back. His arms wrapped around her neck, his grip tight on her condensed, muscular flesh.
Sylvia nodded, "Hold on tight, darling. Really tight."

With a giant gust of wind, she torpedoed out of the alleyway faster than the eye could track, her wings flapping rapidly on her back, hard-pressing Siglos to hold on as tight as he could. She traveled an incredible distance in only a few short moments, the titanic size of the streets of Aegis warranting such high-speed travel.

Despite her speed, Sylvia was able to react with excellence, easily avoiding hitting any people or other physical obstructions, making it seem to others as if a moderate breeze had brushed past them.

With a giant gust of wind, she torpedoed out of the alleyway faster than the eye could track, her wings flapping rapidly on her back, hard-pressing Siglos to hold on as tight as he could. She traveled an incredible distance in only a few short moments, the titanic size of the streets of Aegis warranting such high-speed travel.

Despite her speed, Sylvia was able to react with excellence, easily avoiding hitting any people or other physical obstructions, making it seem to others as if a moderate breeze had brushed past them.
As she passes by some people, she sees a giant black figure to the side, one with a giant blade and the like.

"Yo..." the Rakshashin said, "...long time no see..."

A soft “eeeek!” escape Siglos's lips, the noise lost to the winds as she flew through the city streets. His lithe arms wrapped tightly around Sylvia’s neck as she flew, barely maintaining his grip on the flying woman.

He closed his eyes, letting the air buffet his face as they traveled, his ashen hair flying behind him. But…he didn't shrink away, didn't waver. His mate had gone through such intense pain to carry him so quickly…he refused to betray her efforts by slipping off. He mustered up every bit of his minuscule strength…and remained firm on his mate’s back.

Suddenly, and without much warning barring her muscles tightening in a burst, Sylvia suddenly stopped in her tracks, her feet scraping against the cobblestone. Steam emanated from the ground beneath her, as she turned to her side.
As she passes by some people, she sees a giant black figure to the side, one with a giant blade and the like.

"Yo..." the Rakshashin said, "...long time no see..."
"Yeah, long time no shit, dude. Where the **** have you been?" Sylvia asked agitated.

Siglos’s face slammed painfully against his mate's flesh as she stopped against the cobblestone road, the sound of the beautiful material being ripped and broken beneath them reaching his pointed ears. He said nothing for a long moment, the impact of the sudden stop knocking the wind out of him.

“………”

“E-Erebus?” Siglos said weakly.

Duine's voice emerged as a small whisper from the shadows as she herself was within the shadow of Cain.

"This beats hiding out, watching people swadge and get blootered all night..." She spoke, "What's the script for going after this scunner?"
"We do not have one, whoever you are." Jeanne said bluntly, "There is not enough time to plan far ahead. We already wasted that time... and got nothing."

Back