• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Sylvia tilted her head ever so slightly, before shrugging.

"Good for you, but unfortunately we're in a hurry, so no time to chat."
Siglos stared blankly at the Rakshashin for a moment, before quickly shaking his head.

“Right…W-we…we n-need to keep moving. P-please follow us, Erebus…” Siglos stammered.
Erebus nods at this as he cracked his head and his knuckles, "Lead the way..."

Sylvia smirked ever so slightly, "Keep up." And with minimal warning once again, began moving at incomprehensible speeds, expecting Erebus to match her.
Siglos let out a surprised squeak that was lost to the wind as Sylvia flew forward, only barely keeping himself from simply falling off the moment she began to move. He quickly readjusted his grip, his arms tightening against her flesh as he braced himself.

“W-warning…m-my love…p-please.” Siglos said quietly.

As she was continuing to move at said speeds, she heard a voice right next to her. "Your lover said to go slow on the running..." a voice replied, followed by a black blur.

"You might wanna to listen to him..." it was Erebus— making afterimages of him walking alongside her.

"I'll go slower in a second. We're getting closer and closer to our destination, and... we're here." Sylvia said, coming to a stop once again, her wings blocking the influx of air and force that would without doubt slam against Siglos once more. From afar, both Sylvia and Erebus would be able to see the rest of the group trek towards their destination, discussing their plan and strategy.

"I'll go slower in a second. We're getting closer and closer to our destination, and... we're here." Sylvia said, coming to a stop once again, her wings blocking the influx of air and force that would without doubt slam against Siglos once more. From afar, both Sylvia and Erebus would be able to see the rest of the group trek towards their destination, discussing their plan and strategy.
"So mind briefing me on what happened whilst I'm on vacation? Would really help, you know..."

Siglos, thanks to Sylvia's wings, did not slam into her back again, an action which brought him no small amount of relief. He continued to linger on Sylvia’s back for a moment, before dropping to the ground behind her, the man taking a long breath to settle his nerves.

“Erebus…J-Jeanne…Jeanne went out t-to…c-confront t-the people who…w-who have been…causing t-these problems I-in…A-Aegis. T-the ones who attacked N-Noah…a-and…t-the king...” Siglos said softly.

“……”

“I…I am…h-here to…s-support her. W-with your help…o-of course. A-and uh…S-Sylvia’s help too. I-I assume.”

Siglos, thanks to Sylvia's wings, did not slam into her back again, an action which brought him no small amount of relief. He continued to linger on Sylvia’s back for a moment, before dropping to the ground behind her, the man taking a long breath to settle his nerves.

“Erebus…J-Jeanne…Jeanne went out t-to…c-confront t-the people who…w-who have been…causing t-these problems I-in…A-Aegis. T-the ones who attacked N-Noah…a-and…t-the king...” Siglos said softly.

“……”

“I…I am…h-here to…s-support her. W-with your help…o-of course. A-and uh…S-Sylvia’s help too. I-I assume.”
"No need to assume. I'm here to help, through thick and thin." Sylvia nodded, assuring Siglos of her loyalty.
"And... Have you and the group got any leads to who the perpetrator is or are?" he asked rather calmly.

"No need to assume. I'm here to help, through thick and thin." Sylvia nodded, assuring Siglos of her loyalty.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, simply staring at her. Slowly...a soft smile spread across his pale features, his body seeming to relax ever so slightly.

"...T-thank you...r-really." Siglos said softly. No matter what happened...he was glad that she was by his side.

"And... Have you and the group got any leads to who the perpetrator is or are?" he asked rather calmly.
"......W-we...know who i-is likely leading t-the...group." Siglos said, slowly shifting his gaze towards the large Rakshashin.

"...A..w-woman named...Charlotte. She...i-intercepted out...c-connection, when we attempted to contact V-Velen..." Siglos said softly. He shivered ever so slightly, recalling the...rather painful events of their failed connection.

"......W-we...know who i-is likely leading t-the...group." Siglos said, slowly shifting his gaze towards the large Rakshashin.

"...A..w-woman named...Charlotte. She...i-intercepted out...c-connection, when we attempted to contact V-Velen..." Siglos said softly. He shivered ever so slightly, recalling the...rather painful events of their failed connection.
"Velen..." he has heard of such a man like him before back when he was in a group of his own, though there isn't much to know aside from his power. "... Charlotte..." again, too many unknowns for him to figure out, but, "I see..."

"Anyways, I figure now is a good time to approach them." Sylvia suggested, before looking down at Siglos. "Unless you want to remain discreet, that is..."
Siglos took a shaky breath, his ears twitching ever so slightly.

“N-no…no I should…I s-should...” Siglos trailed off. Memories of his conversation with Jeanne flashed in his mind…his expression shifting to one almost akin to panic. He could deal with Cain thinking of him as useless, she had always been…unpleasant…but Jeanne’s words had stung. Cut him in such a way that the idea of facing her again made the lithe Everian break into a cold sweat, made his legs feel like they would liquefy into jelly at any moment. He took another, shaky breath, closing his eyes.

“……..”

“…I…I…” Siglos trailed off again. He needed to do this. He knew that. Slowly…he opened his eyes again, nodding to himself.

“…I…s-should…g-go to them.” Siglos said softly.

"Then do just that. I'll support you, all the way." Sylvia nodded, turning to the group. They were getting close to something... incredibly foul smelling, something dangerous. Erebus would be able to smell it as well, and so would Cain and Duine, who were much closer to the source of the dangerous energy.

Siglos slowly nodded, flashing her a weak smile.

“Alright….a-alright….” Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he began to walk forward, moving toward the group. Unlike Erebus and Sylvia. He did not have a supernatural sense of smell…but he could hear it. Hear the vile, disgusting murmur of the strange magic that emitted from their destination. It was...much different than the gentle hum created by his enchantments...or the incessant murmur produced by the magic within Aegis. It was...forboding, the kind of tune that one would imagine before a natural disaster strikes.

His heart pounded in his chest, his steps growing slower…less sure. For a moment, it seemed like he would stop entirely. Yet…he forced himself to keep pace, steadily growing close enough that the more perspective of the group would notice his presence.

Jeanne glanced over at Siglos, Erebus, and Sylvia approach them as they made their way to the destination, her eyes narrowing ever so slightly.

"Why are you here...? And to Erebus, where have you been?" She questioned, a scarlet glint within her gaze.

Jeanne glanced over at Siglos, Erebus, and Sylvia approach them as they made their way to the destination, her eyes narrowing ever so slightly.

"Why are you here...? And to Erebus, where have you been?" She questioned, a scarlet and glint within her gaze.
"It's... a lot to explain, but I've been training and gathering magical weapons..." he explained calmly, showing a handful of said weapons under his black cape, each one glowing with strange magical power.

"Why are you here...?
“…..” Siglos said nothing for a long moment, fidgeting uncomfortably where he stood. He didn’t look the girl in the eye, his gaze focused on the ground just beneath her feet. He took a breath, before beginning to speak.

“…I’ve come to…support y-you, Jeanne.” Siglos said quietly.

Jeanne's gaze narrowed further, before she turned away. They were extremely close to the source of the foul energy- And she didn't have time to ponder anything.

"Alright. Whatever. Support is good, I guess." She said, beginning to walk faster.

Siglos said nothing…slowly nodding. Gingerly, he reached into his bag, slipping a few of his rings off of his finger before replacing them with several others, the gems sparkling ever so slightly in the moonlight. He had removed his scented rings, replacing them with a few, minor elemental enchantments he had crafted throughout the years. Basic elemental projection and the like, much more useful for setting kindling ablaze or freezing over foodstuffs than for actual combat. He had several weapons in his bag with much more…offensive use, but they weren’t fit for his hands, too unskilled to accomplish much more than heaving magical steel in someone’s general direction. The one exception to this…was Cornelius’s sword, a weapon that had proved particularly useful to him as of late. He didn’t take it out of the bag, but kept it in a position it was easily reachable.

Siglos said nothing…slowly nodding. Gingerly, he reached into his bag, slipping a few of his rings off of his finger before replacing them with several others, the gems sparkling ever so slightly in the moonlight. He had removed his scented rings, replacing them with a few, minor elemental enchantments he had crafted throughout the years. Basic elemental projection and the like, much more useful for setting kindling ablaze or freezing over foodstuffs than for actual combat. He had several weapons in his bag with much more…offensive use, but they weren’t fit for his hands, too unskilled to accomplish much more than heaving magical steel in someone’s general direction. The one exception to this…was Cornelius’s sword, a weapon that had proved particularly useful to him as of late. He didn’t take it out of the bag, but kept it in a position it was easily reachable.
"An enchanter, I see..." Erebus commented, "That's why you wanted to see what my weapons could do when we last met, yes?"

"An enchanter, I see..." Erebus commented, "That's why you wanted to see what my weapons could do when we last met, yes?"
Siglos glanced at Erebus, his eyes widening ever so slightly.

“Y-yeah! I…I’ve…a-always been…f-fascinated with the craft…” Siglos said softly.

“I-I erm…created t-the rings t-that Sylvia a-and Cain u-use to speak, i-in fact. I-its a…sound-based enchantment.”

Siglos glanced at Erebus, his eyes widening ever so slightly.

“Y-yeah! I…I’ve…a-always been…f-fascinated with the craft…” Siglos said softly.

“I-I erm…created t-the rings t-that Sylvia a-and Cain u-use to speak, i-in fact. I-its a…sound-based enchantment.”
"Well, I guess I have to explain why I can speak..." he joked, having a slight demonic chuckle.

"To keep this short, I have a special ability of telepathy..." he said simply.
“O-Oh! T-telepathy…” Siglos said softly, he thought for a moment, considering this. He wondered how he didn't notice it sooner, before realizing he hadn't actually talked to Erebus all that often.

“T-that’s…r-rather impressive, Erebus. Its like y-you a-actually have a voice…” He said.

“N-not that there’s u-uh…anything w-wrong with not b-being able to speak…o-of course…”

"Be quiet. We're here." Jeanne warned, freezing in place. The chaotic, vile energy was more potent than ever in this spot, seemingly in the middle of nowhere in the city... and yet, there was nothing to be found. Not a secret entrance or passageway, nothing. Only the cold cobblestone to greet the bold travelers. Whatever it was, it was... invisible beyond what most could sense.

"Be quiet. We're here." Jeanne warned, freezing in place. The chaotic, vile energy was more potent than ever in this spot, seemingly in the middle of nowhere in the city... and yet, there was nothing to be found. Not a secret entrance or passageway, nothing. Only the cold cobblestone to greet the bold travelers. Whatever it was, it was... invisible beyond what most could sense.
“O-Oh! T-telepathy…” Siglos said softly, he thought for a moment, considering this. He wondered how he didn't notice it sooner, before realizing he hadn't actually talked to Erebus all that often.

“T-that’s…r-rather impressive, Erebus. Its like y-you a-actually have a voice…” He said.

“N-not that there’s u-uh…anything w-wrong with not b-being able to speak…o-of course…”
Before the young man could say anything further, he held a finger to shush him and he had his hand gripped on his sword, his other hand revealing a scope as he looks on.

Siglos glanced in the direction of the strange magic…his ears twitching ever so slightly.

“…..” He said nothing for a moment, before slowly whispering, keeping his voice purposely low for fear of angering Jeanne.

“…C-could it perhaps be…u-underground? A…submerged a-area would be…e-easy enough to c-create with b-basic earth magic…” He said softly.

“…T-that would explain the l-lack of an…entrance a-as well…a-anyone who needed to e-enter could s-simply…s-shift the stones. I…a-assume so, a-anyway.”

“…..” Siglos said nothing for a moment, debating whether he should speak up again. He didn't want to risk being wrong…but he also wanted to help in any marginal way he could.

“…A-an enchantment then? A…m-more advanced v-variant of w-what the assassins used t-to prevent us from…e-easily detecting them.” He said. He slowly leaned down, pressing his fingers against the cobblestone.

“A…sound dampening e-enchantment…i-if potent enough…c-could prevent us from hearing them. E-especially if t-they were…deeper u-underground.”

Trying his hardest, Erebus could peer into the most shallow depths of the structure... something was definitely standing beneath them, a large, monolithic structure as big as the city of Aegis itself. But beyond its size, no finer details could be made out.

"I think... I would like to try something." Jeanne proposed, placing her right palm against the cobblestone beneath, the blackened flesh sizzling against the material.

Back