• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos took another, deep breath slowly trying to calm himself down. An action, he realized...he had done several times today. Gingerly, he reached into his bag, placing his green, feathered cap back upon his head. Anything to make himself less recognizable.

"...I can...I can j-just put it in m-my satchel if it's...e-easier." He said softly, gesturing towards the small, brown bag at his hip.

"...It's...e-enchanted. I-it...w-won't break in there."

"Of course. I'll just uh... yeah." Jeanne turned back to Siglos, handing him the glass orb. Once she did so, she immediately turned back around, and began swiftly marching back towards the inn, clearly intent on getting out of this awkward situation.

Siglos stared after her for a moment, before gingerly shaking his head. He made a mental note to apologize later, once he had...calmed down from the whole ordeal. He dismissed the thought, glancing down at the orb in his hands.

"...R-right...l-let's go..." he murmured. Gingerly he slipped the glass into his bag, the orb disappearing completely within. Taking one, last, calming breath...he began to move behind Jeanne, his eyes staring down at the street.

They eventually got back to the inn in a process that I don't feel like explaining so we'll just say their back without actually detailing them walking back.

"S-So, Siglos... how do you use this... device?" Jeanne asked, turning to him

"It's something I've noticed with humans, too. They tend to become more cynical and jaded with age in some cases... But other times, they appreciate everything more..." Duine said, "I wonder which I'll be by the time I'm your age, Cain..."
"From what I've seen in my life? There ain't exactly much out there to appreciate..." Cain said with a light shrug.

They eventually got back to the inn in a process that I don't feel like explaining so we'll just say their back without actually detailing them walking back.

"S-So, Siglos... how do you use this... device?" Jeanne asked, turning to him
Siglos gingerly took a seat at the inn, reaching a hand into his bag. Gingerly, he pulled out the rather large, clear orb, before placing it on a wooden table.

"...I-it...works l-like telepathy...I-in a sense. A-a mana u-user...p-pour's their magic i-into the device...and c-clear visualizes...w-who t-they wish to speak to. T-then....t-that person...is...notified...o-or well...they can sense the mana r-reaching out to them. Should they...w-well...a-accept, t-the communication i-is established, a-and the orb p-projects o-our bodies and v-voices to him. I-if not...erm...nothing happens." He said.

"Hmm, well I've got a few decades before I decide that for myself, right, sister?" Duine answered, "Now, about why you were here... What can I do to help?"
"We'll see about what you can help with in a moment. Look." Cain turned ever so slightly, pointing to the orb in Siglos's hands.

"It all depends on what the guy who we're trying to contact via that orb thing says."
Siglos gingerly took a seat at the inn, reaching a hand into his bag. Gingerly, he pulled out the rather large, clear orb, before placing it on a wooden table.

"...I-it...works l-like telepathy...I-in a sense. A-a mana u-user...p-pour's their magic i-into the device...and c-clear visualizes...w-who t-they wish to speak to. T-then....t-that person...is...notified...o-or well...they can sense the mana r-reaching out to them. Should they...w-well...a-accept, t-the communication i-is established, a-and the orb p-projects o-our bodies and v-voices to him. I-if not...erm...nothing happens." He said.
"Well, you are an Everian, so... I suppose you should try contacting Lord Velen, then." Jeanne said, "If you're in the... state to do so."

"Well, you are an Everian, so... I suppose you should try contacting Lord Velen, then." Jeanne said, "If you're in the... state to do so."
Siglos hesitated for a moment, before slowly nodding. He put his hat on the table, his pointed ears twitching underneath his ashen locks.

“...I...I’m fine, Jeanne. This is...i-important.” Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he placed a hand onto the glass, an invisible veil of mana slowly spreading across his surface. His eyes closed for a moment, picturing Velen within his mind. Should this be successful, the Rakshahin would sense his efforts, and a connection would be established.

Siglos hesitated for a moment, before slowly nodding. He put his hat on the table, his pointed ears twitching underneath his ashen locks.

“...I...I’m fine, Jeanne. This is...i-important.” Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he placed a hand onto the glass, an invisible veil of mana slowly spreading across his surface. His eyes closed for a moment, picturing Velen within his mind. Should this be successful, the Rakshahin would sense his efforts, and a connection would be established.
The orb began to flicker, as if trying to begin making a connection with Velen... It flickered and shone with Siglos's mana, before crackling... the connection... seemingly failing to work.

Jeanne tilted her head, "D-Did you do something wrong?" She asked.

Jeanne looked down at the orb as Siglos continued to pour his mana to it, a voice coming through the transmission with heavy static.

"H...e.ll.... he...l...o...! An...on...e thr? Hel...l... o!"

It was definitely not Velen's voice.
Siglos stared at the orb blankly for a moment, growing increasingly uneasy.

“W-who...who is this? W-we...need to contact the church...” He said.

"Ah... yes...! It.. seems to be working! Intercepting communications is so difficult nowadays... Can you hear me now?" The voice, which was clearly not that of the Archibishop's, said. Through the projection of the glass orb, the appearance of the voice could be seen. The white-girl smiled. "Oh, I bet you can."

"Ah... yes...! It.. seems to be working! Intercepting communications is so difficult nowadays... Can you hear me now?" The voice, which was clearly not that of the Archibishop's, said. Through the projection of the glass orb, the appearance of the voice could be seen. The white-girl smiled. "Oh, I bet you can."
"Huh, who you are?" Ask the young Dragoness

"My name's Charlotte, ma'am! I'm so glad that we finally get to meet after all this time! I mean... I didn't get to meet you last time. And I was so sad, because you killed so many of my toys. Twice! You all killed so many of my favorite toys! TWICE! TWICE! Two times! That was NOT very nice of you!"

"My name's Charlotte, ma'am! I'm so glad that we finally get to meet after all this time! I mean... I didn't get to meet you last time. And I was so sad, because you killed so many of my toys. Twice! You all killed so many of my favorite toys! TWICE! TWICE! Two times! That was NOT very nice of you!"
Siglos recoiled ever so slightly, unnerved by the woman's demeanor. Quickly, he stopped the flow of mana that seeped from his palms, attempting to cut the connection entirely.

"DO NOT ******* HANG UP ON ME!" The impish woman shouted, Siglos feeling the orb shock him. It was as if the orb had begun... draining him of his mana, forcefully maintaining the connection as it sapped Siglos of his energy at an alarming rate.

"S-Siglos! Let go of the orb!" Jeanne shouted.

"DO NOT ******* HANG UP ON ME!" The impish woman shouted, Siglos feeling the orb shock him. It was as if the orb had begun... draining him of his mana, forcefully maintaining the connection as it sapped Siglos of his energy at an alarming rate.

"S-Siglos! Let go of the orb!" Jeanne shouted.
Siglos recoiled, the man letting out a soft, gasp of surprise as he felt his mana forcefully ripped from his body. He was quickly growing lightheaded, his flesh trembling visibly as the painful magic electrified his fragile skin.

“G-get a-away f-from me!” Siglos shouted.

Noah's efforts were successful, and Siglos forcefully dropped the orb onto the ground, shattering it into bits. Siglos's mana had been drained to the point of nearly experiencing mana sickness.

"T-That woman... she's behind all of this... the assassins... the monsters..." Jeanne muttered, "It had to be her..."

Noah's efforts were successful, and Siglos forcefully dropped the orb onto the ground, shattering it into bits. Siglos's mana had been drained to the point of nearly experiencing mana sickness.

"T-That woman... she's behind all of this... the assassins... the monsters..." Jeanne muttered, "It had to be her..."
"then maybe she will try that we don't find help and send more enemies to us right now"

Siglos collapsed upon the wooden floor of the inn his breathing heavy, labored. He was used to being low at mana, having experienced it many times while crafting his wares...but having it siphoned so quickly, drained so heavily...it was painful beyond words. Stars danced in Everian’s vision, the man blinking rapidly In an attempt to stay conscious. The familiar nauseous that came with mana sickness built within his throat...only barely manageable due to being pulled away so quickly.

“T...the...” Siglos gasped quietly.

“T-the...o-orb...”

Siglos slowly got to his feet with Jeanne’s assistance, his lithe body leaning heavily on the girl for assistance. His knees nearly bucked underneath his weight, his face looking unnaturally pale.

“...Bag...mana...potion...in....bag...” Siglos gasped out. He pointed a finger at the brown satchel on the table, signaling for someone to grab one for him.

Siglos could feel the Stigma on his hand fester and crackle with arcane energies. Slowly, but surely, Alexia's mana began to pour into the mark from afar automatically. Their connection allowed Siglos's mana to replenish quickly without the use of a mana potion, rejuvenating him as time went on.

Siglos could feel the Stigma on his hand fester and crackle with arcane energies. Slowly, but surely, Alexia's mana began to pour into the mark from afar automatically. Their connection allowed Siglos's mana to replenish quickly without the use of a mana potion, rejuvenating him as time went on.
Siglos, let out a small yelp of surprise, an itchy, vibrating feeling spreading from the marking on his palm. Gingerly, he lowered his gaze to his hand, his eyes widening as he saw the Stigma shift and fester.

"....A-Alexia?" Siglos murmured. He didn't know it would activate so suddenly, nor that it would do so without prompt. He closed his fingers around the mark, quietly listening to the soft hum of her mana, a sound only someone attuned to Mana Hearing could perceive. \

"...oh, sorry..." Shalor said, grabbing the potion and feeding it to Siglos

"Some liquid medicine in my hometown was applied by cloth..." Shalor explained quietly
Siglos gingerly grabbed the potion as Shalor brought it to him, taking a small sip of the liquid. Combined with the influx of Alexia's mana...he was quickly restored, the Everian slowly moving off of Jeanne's arm as he regained his strength.

"...Haah...a-alright. I-I'm....I-I'm fine now. T-thank...y-you, Shalor."

Jeanne nodded, "Good... I'm glad that you are alright, Siglos. Now..."

Jeanne turned around, her hand placed firmly on the handle of the sword. She began walking towards the exit of the inn. "I believe we have some speaking to do with the Court Mage. I am putting a stop to this... one way or another."

"Count me in." Cain nodded, walking beside Jeanne. "All this sitting around is boring as hell..."

Back