• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Cool. Don't make any mistakes, then." Cain said bluntly.
"...R-right...give m-me a moment..." Siglos said. He took a shaky breath, the mana spreading onto the smooth metal, intricate, invisible patterns beginning to decorate the material. Symbols and shapes, incomprehensible to those without knowledge of the art, fade and grow upon its surface, mixing and separating in a fluid stream of motion. It was delicate work...and even the slightest misplaced sigil or rune would force him to start over.

His concentration heightened, Siglos remained entirely focused on the small ring within his grasp, the outside world fading from his mind. His eyes widened, the man using his Mana Sight to visualize his work down to the most minute detail. His Mana Hearing activated soon afterward, the Everian studying the gentle, imperceptible hum of the crafted ring, double...triple checking it to ensure it matched the other translation rings he had crafted in the past.

"......" After a few long minutes, Siglos slowly took a breath, nodding to himself.

"...T-this...t-this should...work." Siglos muttered. He held the ring up to the light, studying it for a moment.

"...Hopefully."

"That 'hopefully' isn't exactly giving me much hope..." Cain said sarcastically.
"I m-mean it...it s-should work! I...f-followed a-all t-the c-correct steps, a-anyway..." Siglos said, his ears twitching.

"W-we...w-we won't know u-until she t-tries it on, though. I...I guess. ]I-it w-works based o-on intent a-and feeling...s-so...a-as long as she intends t-to speak...i-it should p-project the correct words...i-in w-whatever voice t-that suits her."

"I m-mean it...it s-should work! I...f-followed a-all t-the c-correct steps, a-anyway..." Siglos said, his ears twitching.

"W-we...w-we won't know u-until she t-tries it on, though. I...I guess. ]I-it w-works based o-on intent a-and feeling...s-so...a-as long as she intends t-to speak...i-it should p-project the correct words...i-in w-whatever voice t-that suits her."
"Oh... so that's how it works." Cain mumbled, more to herself than anything. She didn't exactly know how the sound ring worked, she simply, like with all things she'd ever touched or utilized, knew how to instinctively use it. The inner workings of the device itself were... unbeknownst to her.

"Oh... so that's how it works." Cain mumbled, more to herself than anything. She didn't exactly know how the sound ring worked, she simply, like with all things she'd ever touched or utilized, knew how to instinctively use it. The inner workings of the device itself were... unbeknownst to her.
“Y...yeah...” Siglos said, chuckling nervously. He normally took pleasure in explaining his inventions, but talking to Cain was...nerve-racking to him, to say the least. A fact plainly visible by the way his body trembled ever so slightly when they spoke.

“...W-well! I should...e-erm...get going. F-feel free to...g-give this to y-your...sister.” He said quietly. He gingerly held the ring out to Cain, letting her take it from him if she desired.

Cain grunted, "People like him who drag others down with their weakness make me sick. That's all."
"Weakness? Weaknesses can be trained away, or compensated for..." She signed back, "And don't let a single weakness distract from other strengths, such as his craftsmanship, from the looks of it..."

The Rakshashin reaches toward Cain with an open palm, gesturing to see the ring and try it on.

"Weakness? Weaknesses can be trained away, or compensated for..." She signed back, "And don't let a single weakness distract from other strengths, such as his craftsmanship, from the looks of it..."

The Rakshashin reaches toward Cain with an open palm, gesturing to see the ring and try it on.
Cain glared for a moment, before sighing, handing her the ring without any more issues.

"I was weak as well, once. Being weak isn't the problem. Not trying to get stronger is the problem..."

Cain glared for a moment, before sighing, handing her the ring without any more issues.

"I was weak as well, once. Being weak isn't the problem. Not trying to get stronger is the problem..."
The Rakshashin slid the ring on her finger. She inhaled, then opened her mouth to speak.

"Then perhaps you should try to motivate him to play up his strengths to cover his weaknesses..." She spoke, her voice carrying an adolescent energy as her words were filtered through a Scottish accent, "At least until you or someone else can convince him to get stronger..."

Her eyes widened. It wasn't the voice she expected, but she was just amazed to have a voice. As she spoke, she still was signing the words she was trying to say. After all, it was a force of habit by that point.

"The voice... Not bad, is it, sister?"

"Siglos? Are you... alright?" Jeanne asked, noticing his trembling as he approached.
"I see. I figured you were older than me..." She answered, "It would explain some of your... crabbiness, no offense."
"I don't think that my age has anything to do with my demeanor." Cain shrugged, "Though, maybe as I experience the world, I get angrier the more I realize how shitty it is..."

"Siglos? Are you... alright?" Jeanne asked, noticing his trembling as he approached.

"I don't think that my age has anything to do with my demeanor." Cain shrugged, "Though, maybe as I experience the world, I get angrier the more I realize how shitty it is..."
"It's something I've noticed with humans, too. They tend to become more cynical and jaded with age in some cases... But other times, they appreciate everything more..." Duine said, "I wonder which I'll be by the time I'm your age, Cain..."

Siglos simply shook his head, pressing his lithe body against a nearby wall. He had experienced more emotion in the short span of the evening then he could handle, his eyes looking rather visibly drained.

“...I-it...it h-has...j-just been a...l-long d-day, Jeanne...” Siglos said quietly. He rubbed his eyes, his ears twitching.

“...Are y-you ready t-to d-depart?”

Siglos simply shook his head, pressing his lithe body against a nearby wall. He had experienced more emotion in the short span of the evening then he could handle, his eyes looking rather visibly drained.

“...I-it...it h-has...j-just been a...l-long d-day, Jeanne...” Siglos said quietly. He rubbed his eyes, his ears twitching.

(Depart to where blud-)

"Ah! Right, of course." Jeanne nodded, "Do lead the way."

Siglos’s eyes shifted to look at Jeanne for a moment, before the small man slowly nodded.

“...G-good...good. I...I just...” Siglos trailed off, before shaking his head.

“L-lets get going.” He began to move toward the doorway, his lithe hand gesturing for Jeanne and Shalor to follow.
"Y-yeah..." Shalor murmured, falling in behind Jeanne

Siglos’s eyes shifted to look at Jeanne for a moment, before the small man slowly nodded.

“...G-good...good. I...I just...” Siglos trailed off, before shaking his head.

“L-lets get going.” He began to move toward the doorway, his lithe hand gesturing for Jeanne and Shalor to follow.
Jeane nodded, moving along next to Siglos. She kept her hand placed on the handle of her sword, clearly intent on protecting her friend should the need arise.

Jeane nodded, moving along next to Siglos. She kept her hand placed on the handle of her sword, clearly intent on protecting her friend should the need arise.
Siglos glanced back at Jeanne for a moment, flashing her a small, forced smile. The gesture only reached his eyes...his hand trembling ever so slightly as he pushed up the wooden door. He took a step onto the cobblestone streets, now notably quieter as the crowd had dispersed, before taking a left...slowly moving up the road toward a row of shops.

Kargath's hulking grey form followed the knight, tween, and merchant, he was completely silent contrary to his stature, and he was not in the mood for shit, not that it showed

Shalor followed Jeanne, a solemn frown on his face, the only sounds he made were his breathing, clearly he was quite shaken now that the execution had time to set in

They would continue to walk for around 20 minutes, the lithe Everian remaining silent during the duration of the trip, save for the quiet thud of his traveling boots on the street below. Eventually, they would come across a building near a group of shops. It was rather flashy, with various intricately designed tickets decorating the window displays. It was mostly innocuous items, save for their elaborate designs; eyeglasses, mirrors, glass bulbs, and fancy utensils. Glass wear and metal wear seemed to be the central focus...yet...anyone who could sense magic would be able to sense the mana radiating across each object.

"......."

"...T-there's an...o-orb. Used for...c-communication a-among...E-Everian elite." Siglos said softly.

"...I-it project's a-an...image...a c-clear one...of the p-person you w-wish to talk to. A-as if... you're w-with them in person. W-while...t-they can a-also see you. Cornelius...a...e-erm... a-an Everian craftsman...installed a similar device in t-the c-church...b-but h-he used it f-for r-recording. I-instead of...present c-communication..." Siglos said.

Back