• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Just to check again... we do have the funds for such an expensive item, right?" Jeanne asked, "I don't mean to pressure you, but it seems like an item that would cost quite a lot of coin..."
"...W-we are...envoy's o-of the c-church, Jeanne. M-most...r-respected E-Everians will at least...p-put up t-the...front, of being s-subservient to the goddess...e-even if they a-arent religious..." Siglos said softly.

"...W-we need only to...c-convince them to lend i-it to us. T-that is all."

Siglos slowly breathed out, nodding in agreement. The Everian was tired...and he was scared, his arms still carrying the faintest of tremors as he had walked through the city streets.

"...Y-you guys s-should...stay outside....together. You....you a-already know how Everian's feel a-about..." He trailed off, his gaze shifting away from Jeanne.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, before taking a light, shaky breath. Gingerly...he moved a hand to his palm, gingerly running his fingers across the Stigma placed upon his flesh. It...gave him comfort, slightly...knowing that he had someone he could call upon for guidance, should he need it. Someone aside from his lover or his younger friends.

"...I'll...I'll be f-fine, Jeanne" Siglos said quietly. He took another, shaky breath, slowly nodding his head.

"...I'll...be fine..."

Siglos hesitated for a moment, before slowly nodding.

“A-alright. Let's go, then.” He said softly. Gingerly moved towards the door, before opening it.

The shop was set up in a similar manner as it was outside, with glassware decorating various shelves and displays across the rather spacious interior. It was slightly cluttered, but remarkably well organized, much of its wares sorted both by object and by whatever enchantment they may have held within. The inside was decorated just enough to give the place an air of refinement, patterns carved into the very walls themselves like elaborate murals, though their meaning was unknown to the young Everian.

Slowly, he began to approach the front desk...ringing a bell to call upon the shopkeeper. The sound itself resonated with an almost unnatural clarity...letting out a gentle noise that seemed to slowly spread across the shop floor.

As Siglos rang for the shopkeep, an Everian woman did not walk up to the desk... but instead a woman of vampiric origin. Her skin was pale like snow and so was her hair, but the unique tint of her crimson eyes made it clear she originated from a bloodline of vaewolves.

She sighed, then yawned. "What do you want..."

Siglos tensed, visibly caught off-guard by the woman’s vampiric nature. He didn't remember seeing any Vaewolves when he and his father had frequented the city...at least not running such a high-society shop. He went to bow, before stopping himself, Alexia’s words ringing in his ears.

“......”

“...We a-are here to borrow a...communication orb, ma’am.” He said. He tried to keep his voice steady, tried to keep himself from trembling in front of the woman.

“...We are...envoys of the c-church, and n-need to contact the archbishop.”

"...Right." The woman stepped away to the side for a moment, disappearing from sight.

She returned around 10 minutes later holding a moderately sized black box, placing it on the counter. She then projected some of her mana onto the box, causing the object to begin unraveling like thread. Within the fully unraveled box was a neon-glass orb, which was gently glowing within the lights of the shop.

"Latest model. We take no responsibility for breakages, and we don't do returns. Take it."

"Wait a sec, tho. Before you go." The shopkeep said, "Something I gotta confirm."

"If you think we aren't from the church, then I have the evidence-" Jeanne tried to explain, before she was cut off.

"Not that. I know that. You smell of holy blood, so I can tell just from looking." The woman said, "Your Everian friend, though... he looks familiar. I think I've seen him around here before."

"Wait a sec, tho. Before you go." The shopkeep said, "Something I gotta confirm."

"If you think we aren't from the church, then I have the evidence-" Jeanne tried to explain, before she was cut off.

"Not that. I know that. You smell of holy blood, so I can tell just from looking." The woman said, "Your Everian friend, though... he looks familiar. I think I've seen him around here before."
Siglos went rigid, his lithe finger gripping tightly onto the orb in his hand. He said nothing for a few moments, before beginning to walk again, his pace visibly quickened.

“I-I have a common face. You’re...m-mistaking me for someone else.” he said. His tone was blunt, yet couldn't disguise the slight quiver in his words.

“Let’s go, J-Jeanne.”

Siglos went rigid, his lithe finger gripping tightly onto the orb in his hand. He said nothing for a few moments, before beginning to walk again, his pace visibly quickened.

“I-I have a common face. You’re...m-mistaking me for someone else.” he said. His tone was blunt, yet couldn't disguise the slight quiver in his words.

“Let’s go, J-Jeanne.”
"No, no, I've definitely seen you somewhere." The woman pondered, rubbing her chin. "You're that... what's the name of that guy's kid...? Dairy? Daric? Dar... something..."

"No, no, I've definitely seen you somewhere." The woman pondered, rubbing her chin. "You're that... what's the name of that guy's kid...? Dairy? Daric? Dar... something..."
Siglos bit his lip, forcefully slowing his breaths to prevent himself from hyperventilating. He had reached the door, now, and it was clear he was leaving with or without Jeanne's accompaniment.

“....My name is Siglos, ma’am. And I would l-like to leave unquestioned.” The man said quietly.

"Wait up...!" Jeanne murmured, moving after Siglos.

The woman shrugged, "Whatever. Seeya. Remember, no returns."
As Siglos took the first few steps onto the cobblestone road, he immediately turned towards Jeanne, practically shoving the orb into her hands.

“H-hold...t-this...” The Everian murmured. His voice wavered, his breathing quick, and panicked.

"Uh... right..." Jeanne stumbled back a bit but did her best to keep the fragile glass orb intact. "I will um... get to figuring this out."
Siglos said nothing, simply turning away from the young girl. Gingerly, he raised a trembling hand to his lips...activating one of his scent rings. The familiar scent of lavender once again wafted across his face, the man taking a deep...shaky breath.

"........."

"....H-he a-already k-knows..." Siglos murmured to himself. His father knew where he was, Alexia had confirmed it herself. Thinking logically...it shouldn't bring him greater harm if other people found out. He knew that. And yet...it did not stop the man's flesh from trembling, his breath from choking within his throat. He took a long moment...before slowly turning towards Jeanne, his panicked poorly disguised upon his face.

".....W-we should...t-take it...b-back to...haa...t-the i-inn..." Siglos said.

"...T-to...p-prevent...e-easedropping." He said.

Last edited:
"You don't have to thank me, let's just uh... let's just go." Jeanne said awkwardly, turning to Shalor and Noah. She handed the glass orb to Noah.

"Would you mind holding this? You're probably in a better state to make sure it doesn't break than I..."

Back