• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"It is a type of rune, called a Stigma." Alexia explained, "Consider it a connection between us- It allows me to directly influence your mana to the fullest extent of the permissions you give me. At the base level, it currently allows me basic telepathic communication with you at long range and..."

"Ahem..."

"Removal of any... spells that... may be... cast upon you without your... ahem... knowledge." She said, squinting her eyes ever so slightly.

"It is a type of rune, called a Stigma." Alexia explained, "Consider it a connection between us- It allows me to directly influence your mana to the fullest extent of the permissions you give me. At the base level, it currently allows me basic telepathic communication with you at long range and..."

"Ahem..."

"Removal of any... spells that... may be... cast upon you without your... ahem... knowledge." She said, squinting her eyes ever so slightly.
"......" Siglos said nothing for a moment, before his eyes widened, his hand slowly beginning to tremble as he looked back up at the woman.

"...Y-you...y-you mean..." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I c-can't be...c-controlled...anymore? I...I...he...h-he c-can't make...m-me..."

"...Numb?" Siglos whispered. It was a quiet word...yet one drenched in unexplained desperation. Of a small, small sliver of hope, for a young man who had nearly lost the will to do so.

"About 2 days ago," The Rakshashin signed back, "Just wanted to try and get sleep."
"Should've stayed out in the woods. Definitely ain't the best place to sleep..." Cain said, "But you're pretty good at disguising yourself as an Everian, though, so I guess that's a useless concern..."
"......" Siglos said nothing for a moment, before his eyes widened, his hand slowly beginning to tremble as he looked back up at the woman.

"...Y-you...y-you mean..." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I c-can't be...c-controlled...anymore? I...I...he...h-he c-can't make...m-me..."

"...Numb?" Siglos whispered. It was a quiet word...yet one drenched in unexplained desperation. Of a small, small sliver of hope, for a young man who had nearly lost the will to do so.
Alexia breathed out, "Your father, Croesus was... tracking you, son, with spells you are far to green to detect. I do not know what extent of control he may exert over your body, but... my Stigma did erase the spells he was using to keep tabs on you from afar."

Alexia breathed out, "Your father, Croesus was... tracking you, son, with spells you are far to green to detect. I do not know what extent of control he may exert over your body, but... my Stigma did erase the spells he was using to keep tabs on you from afar."
Siglos's blood...chilled, his eyes widening visibly. The hope faded from his eyes, the Everian nervously glancing around at the street on either side.

"......."

"....He...h-he knew...?" Siglos whispered. All this time...all this time he had been running. Hoping, praying that he had evaded his father's detection. Hoping that he had removed every way the man could have tracked him after his escape.

"......." What a foolish boy he had been. The depths of his ineptitude struck him like a moving carriage, and for a moment, he said nothing.

"...T-this whole time...I...I h-had....I h-had...t-thought...I h-had..."

"...Escaped."

Siglos's blood...chilled, his eyes widening visibly. The hope faded from his eyes, the Everian nervously glancing around at the street on either side.

"......."

"....He...h-he knew...?" Siglos whispered. All this time...all this time he had been running. Hoping, praying that he had evaded his father's detection. Hoping that he had removed every way the man could have tracked him after his escape.

"......." What a foolish boy he had been. The depths of his ineptitude struck him like a moving carriage, and for a moment, he said nothing.

"...T-this whole time...I...I h-had....I h-had...t-thought...I h-had..."

"...Escaped."
"...." Alexia remained silent for a few moments, before speaking. She placed her hand on Siglos's right shoulder.

"I... did not mean for you to find out this way, son. Forgive me for that. But now... his grasp over you is gone. Completely."

"...." Alexia remained silent for a few moments, before speaking. She placed her hand on Siglos's right shoulder.

"I... did not mean for you to find out this way, son. Forgive me for that. But now... his grasp over you is gone. Completely."
Siglos said nothing for a few long moments, his eyes lowering to the marking on his trembling palm.

"...Gone..." He repeated quietly. The word echoed within his mind for several, long moments, its meaning slowly dawning upon him.

"...Gone..." He was...free. The Everian stumbled forward suddenly, wrapping two, fragile arms around the woman, wrapping her into a soft embrace. His flesh trembled against her, his heart beating hard enough to feel the vibrations from his chest.

"....T-thank....t-thank you..." He said quietly, his words choked.

Siglos said nothing for a few long moments, his eyes lowering to the marking on his trembling palm.

"...Gone..." He repeated quietly. The word echoed within his mind for several, long moments, its meaning slowly dawning upon him.

"...Gone..." He was...free. The Everian stumbled forward suddenly, wrapping two, fragile arms around the woman, wrapping her into a soft embrace. His flesh trembled against her, his heart beating hard enough to feel the vibrations from his chest.

"....T-thank....t-thank you..." He said quietly, his words choked.
Alexia... did not return Siglos's embrace, flinching slightly as he hugged her. She breathed out, softly smiling down at him.

"I did not do this for thanks... but simply because I did not desire to see such a young talent be chained down by his past. Do not return to Aegis when your business here is finished, child. Make a name for yourself... a bigger name than this dying city can contain."

Alexia... did not return Siglos's embrace, flinching slightly as he hugged her. She breathed out, softly smiling down at him.

"I did not do this for thanks... but simply because I did not desire to see such a young talent be chained down by his past. Do not return to Aegis when your business here is finished, child. Make a name for yourself... a bigger name than this dying city can contain."
Siglos continued to hug her for a few, long moments, before somewhat awkwardly stepping away, sniffling audibly.

"....T-thank...t-thank y-you, Ma'am." He murmured. He bowed again, a move that, at this point, seemed to be almost reflexive for the young Everian before her.

"...I...I w-will...never f-forget your kindness. a-and...and I...I p-promise...t-to live up...t-to...y-your expectations of me..."

Alexia chuckled, "For the love of the sun... Child, do not bow."

Alexia gently placed her hands on his shoulders after taking a small step forward, and with a bit of force, pulled him up, straightening his back.

"Stand up straight, child, with confidence. That is the first step. Do you understand?"

Alexia chuckled, "For the love of the sun... Child, do not bow."

Alexia gently placed her hands on his shoulders after taking a small step forward, and with a bit of force, pulled him up, straightening his back.

"Stand up straight, child, with confidence. That is the first step. Do you understand?"
Siglos straightened with Alexia's guidance, surprise visible across the young man's face.

"....W-with...with confidence..." Siglos whispered. He raised one of the sleeves of his cloak, wiping the wetness away from his eyes.

"...I...I u-understand...ma'am." Gingerly, he flashed her a small, genuine smile, the trembling in his body beginning to ease.

Siglos straightened with Alexia's guidance, surprise visible across the young man's face.

"....W-with...with confidence..." Siglos whispered. He raised one of the sleeves of his cloak, wiping the wetness away from his eyes.

"...I...I u-understand...ma'am." Gingerly, he flashed her a small, genuine smile, the trembling in his body beginning to ease.
"Good. Now you look like a real, proper Everian lad." Alexia said with a smile, gently dusting off his clothed shoulders with her hands.
"Closest city to me, and I desperately wanted to sleep," She signed, "What brought you here?"
"On order of the church. Originally I was supposed to be fighting monsters... bringing glory to my clan. But, now I've gotta deal with petty assassins and stuck-up nobility." Cain explained.

"Good. Now you look like a real, proper Everian lad." Alexia said with a smile, gently dusting off his clothed shoulders with her hands.
Siglos's smile widened ever so slightly, a soft, embarrassed blush spreading across his cheeks.

“...T-thank you, m-miss.” Siglos said softly. He hesitated for a moment, before continuing.

“...If...i-if you...have...more advice f-for me...i-i’d be...honored to listen. I...don’t g-get the c-chance to l-learn from a...f-fellow Everian t-too often.”

"Beats sitting around in taverns all day..." The Rakshashin responded.
"I guess. How'd you even get money to go into a tavern...?"
Siglos's smile widened ever so slightly, a soft, embarrassed blush spreading across his cheeks.

“...T-thank you, m-miss.” Siglos said softly. He hesitated for a moment, before continuing.

“...If...i-if you...have...more advice f-for me...i-i’d be...honored to listen. I...don’t g-get the c-chance to l-learn from a...f-fellow Everian t-too often.”
Alexia smiled wearily, "When the time comes when you need advice, I will be there to provide it for you, child."

Alexia's ears stood up a bit in surprise, before she simply smiled. "There is no need to repay me, child. I do not help you expecting payment or thanks."
Siglos slowly nodded, flashing her another smile.

"...T-that is v-very kind of you, miss." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...do not m-mean to take u-up a-anymore of your time. I...l-look forward to our next conversation." he said. He went to bow, before quickly straightening himself, chuckling awkwardly.

"Made some money from... odd jobs..." The Rakshashin signed back to her, "Where do we start?"
"Odd jobs sounds like prostitution." Cain thought to herself, before shrugging.

"No idea where to start. First, I gotta bully that ****** into give you a ring." Cain said.
Siglos slowly nodded, flashing her another smile.

"...T-that is v-very kind of you, miss." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...do not m-mean to take u-up a-anymore of your time. I...l-look forward to our next conversation." he said. He went to bow, before quickly straightening himself, chuckling awkwardly.
"Trust me, I have nothing but time." Alexia said, "But, if you wish to depart, be on your way. I enjoyed talking to you."

"Trust me, I have nothing but time." Alexia said, "But, if you wish to depart, be on your way. I enjoyed talking to you."
"...Likewise, miss. I-I'm...v-very fortunate to have m-met someone l-like you, i-in such a...cruel city..." Siglos said softly. He waved at her, flashing his now-marked palm, before gingerly stepping away, moving back towards Jeanne and the group.

The Rakshashin nodded.

"No rush," She signed.
"Very much rush. Oh, look here, he's just over there..." Cain said, turning to the inn entrance as she heard Siglos move.
"...Likewise, miss. I-I'm...v-very fortunate to have m-met someone l-like you, i-in such a...cruel city..." Siglos said softly. He waved at her, flashing his now-marked palm, before gingerly stepping away, moving back towards Jeanne and the group.
"Hey, Siglos." Cain called out to him gruffly as she approaches the ashen-haired man, her steps lighter than usual, less... violent.

"Hey, Siglos." Cain called out to him gruffly as she approaches the ashen-haired man, her steps lighter than usual, less... violent.
The lithe Everian flinched as he heard the Rakshashin call his name, his body trembling not-so-subtly in his green traveling cloak.

"O-oh! H-hey Cain..." Siglos muttered. He waved awkwardly, inadvertently flashing the new mark on his palm.

The lithe Everian flinched as he heard the Rakshashin call his name, his body trembling not-so-subtly in his green traveling cloak.

"O-oh! H-hey Cain..." Siglos muttered. He waved awkwardly, inadvertently flashing the new mark on his palm.
"....Cool Stigma. Smells awful." Cain said nonchalantly, "Anyways- Can you make another one of those sound ring whatevers?"

"....Cool Stigma. Smells awful." Cain said nonchalantly, "Anyways- Can you make another one of those sound ring whatevers?"
"A-awful?" Siglos said, clearly taken a bit aback. He glanced down at his palm for a moment, idly sniffing the rune upon his flesh.

"...O-oh b-but uh...s-sound rings, r-right. I...I s-should b-be able to m-make a...erm...basic o-one g-given some time. I-it's a...complicated e-enchantment, b-but n-not...terribly d-difficult, o-once learned. I-I...d-don't t-think so, a-anyway..." He said, muttering more to himself than to Cain.

Siglos stared at her blankly for a moment.

"...I...d-didn't t-take y-you as the...g-gift g-giving type. I-is t-there s-someone back home?" Siglos said. he cocked his head, clearly not understanding the situation,
"...Less a gift, and more a test." Cain grunted, "Whatever... I met another Rakshashin outside, and she wants one, so I'm getting her one. Just helping out a fellow sister. Is that wrong or some shit?"

"...Less a gift, and more a test." Cain grunted, "Whatever... I met another Rakshashin outside, and she wants one, so I'm getting her one. Just helping out a fellow sister. Is that wrong or some shit?"
"O-oh! Y-yeah... sorry. I...I c-can certainly m-make another o-one for them..." Siglos said quietly. He began ruffling through his bag, grabbing a plain, metal ring.

The Rakshashin walked toward Cain and Siglos, tilting her head a little bit and observing their conversation.
Siglos glanced at the woman for a moment, his ears twitching.

"...Erm...a-are y-you...t-the woman C-Cain spoke of?"

"Cool. That's all I wanted." Cain said nonchalantly, crossing her arms. "How long exactly does this take?"
Siglos turned back to Cain, his eyes quickly shifting to the ground.

"....Uh...o-only a few minutes f-for...basic functionality...assuming I d-don't make a-any mistakes..." Siglos said. Gingerly, he took a seat on the cobblestone road, his mana moving onto his fingertips.

The Rakshashin nodded, observing Siglos grabbing the ring.
"O-oh! w-well, i-it's...nice t-to meet you, ma'am." Siglos said softly. He nodded, before looking back toward his work.

Siglos turned back to Cain, his eyes quickly shifting to the ground.

"....Uh...o-only a few minutes f-for...basic functionality...assuming I d-don't make a-any mistakes..." Siglos said. Gingerly, he took a seat on the cobblestone road, his mana moving onto his fingertips.
"Cool. Don't make any mistakes, then." Cain said bluntly.

Back