• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

(Bro don't care 😭)

Siglos looked away from the boy as he crouched down, raising one of his rings to his mouth. The jewel within glowed faintly for a moment, before a thick smell of lavender flowed from the magical gem. He inhaled deeply, before taking a slow, long breath.

“...I-i’m...j-just...” Siglos trailed off, taking another breath.

“T-tired...o-of this place.” He murmured. He took a third, final breath, before silently deactivating his ring.

“The nobles...t-the assassins...t-they d-deserve each other.” He whispered.
"Maybe, but we're caught in the crossfire..." Shalor murmured, before nodding in agreement with Noah

Jeanne let out a breath, rubbing the bridge of her nose with her left hand. Her eyes flashed a deep scarlet, before she spoke as calmly as she could.

"...We need to find a way to contact Lord Velen to handle this situation. Or... anybody. This is... beyond our powers to deal with."

Jeanne let out a breath, rubbing the bridge of her nose with her left hand. Her eyes flashed a deep scarlet, before she spoke as calmly as she could.

"...We need to find a way to contact Lord Velen to handle this situation. Or... anybody. This is... beyond our powers to deal with."
"Yes... Didn't siglos or someone else have a way? Or am i remembering wrong?" Shalor asked

Siglos slowly straightened, gathering himself as much as he could. He smoothed his cloak with his hands, pulling it closer to his body.

“...I k-know a place t-that sells t-them.” Siglos said quietly, his eyes focused on the ground below.

“...I-if we tell them w-we’re from t-the church, w-we should g-get a...d-discount. I-if I b-buy it, a-at least.”

Siglos slowly straightened, gathering himself as much as he could. He smoothed his cloak with his hands, pulling it closer to his body.

“...I k-know a place t-that sells t-them.” Siglos said quietly, his eyes focused on the ground below.

“...I-if we tell them w-we’re from t-the church, w-we should g-get a...d-discount. I-if I b-buy it, a-at least.”
"Great. When the crowd clears, and the... blood is... cleaned from the streets, we can go." Jeanne muttered.

Jeanne let out a breath, nodding. She turned to Noah for a moment, "Are you... dealing well with this, Noah? I know that you talked to the real assassin, so... seeing this might be... riveting..."
Siglos nodded, taking a shaky breath.

“Alexia.” He said. His gaze shifted to the woman for a moment, his eyes dull.

“I...w-want to t-talk to you f-for a moment, w-while the...c-crowd clears...” He said softly.
"......" Alexia remained silent for a moment, closing her eyes. Mana coiled around her for a moment.

"You can speak to me now, sir. Nobody will hear us." Suddenly, her voice was projected into his mind... telepathy.

"......" Alexia remained silent for a moment, closing her eyes. Mana coiled around her for a moment.

"You can speak to me now, sir. Nobody will hear us." Suddenly, her voice was projected into his mind... telepathy.
Siglos flinched, visibly uncomfortable with having her enter his thoughts. He took a small, quiet breath, beginning to focus.

“..........”

“.......What else do you know about the court, Alexia.” Siglos thought.

“The...nobles, I mean.”

“...............” Siglos said nothing for a few, long moments.

“...You...aren’t the only one...who knows of the cruelty of Everian nobility. I...just want to understand how far they've...” Siglos trailed off.

“How far they've gone...”
"...I want you to take my advice, Darius Alexander. Take it seriously. Don't concern yourself with the nobility. Get out of Aegis. Don't come back. Stop doing whatever work you're doing for the church, and simply live peacefully on the countryside..." Alexia thought bluntly, before turning around.

"That is the only thing that I can offer you as advice, child."

"...I want you to take my advice, Darius Alexander. Take it seriously. Don't concern yourself with the nobility. Get out of Aegis. Don't come back. Stop doing whatever work you're doing for the church, and simply live peacefully on the countryside..." Alexia thought bluntly, before turning around.

"That is the only thing that I can offer you as advice, child."
Siglos’s body went rigid, his heart skipping a beat within his fragile chest. For a moment...he said nothing, before slowly looking toward Alexia, his eyes uncharacteristically hard.

“...If you know my real name...you know why I can't do that, Alexia.” Siglos thought.

“...I may have...abandoned that life...but...I can't hide...not...not forever. I can't spend my whole life in fear.”

Siglos’s body went rigid, his heart skipping a beat within his fragile chest. For a moment...he said nothing, before slowly looking toward Alexia, his eyes uncharacteristically hard.

“...If you know my real name...you know why I can't do that, Alexia.” Siglos thought.

“...I may have...abandoned that life...but...I can't hide...not...not forever. I can't spend my whole life in fear.”
"......." Alexia let out a sigh, shaking her head. She then thought.

"You may choose not to head my advice if that suits you, Darius. But I have no desire to involve myself with the nobility any longer than I have. I have lost to much to do so. I am just a humble inn-keepe, now..."

"......." Alexia let out a sigh, shaking her head. She then thought.

"You may choose not to head my advice if that suits you, Darius. But I have no desire to involve myself with the nobility any longer than I have. I have lost to much to do so. I am just a humble inn-keepe, now..."
..Alexia.” Siglos thought quietly. He said nothing for a moment, before continuing.

“...How do you stomach it? How...how do you stomach being around them? Seeing them parade across the street, executing innocent men. Knowing what they do behind closed doors...” Siglos thought. He said nothing for a moment, his body trembling.

“...I can understand living a quiet life...but why here? Why be reminded of them? Why haven't you....you run away?”

..Alexia.” Siglos thought quietly. He said nothing for a moment, before continuing.

“...How do you stomach it? How...how do you stomach being around them? Seeing them parade across the street, executing innocent men. Knowing what they do behind closed doors...” Siglos thought. He said nothing for a moment, his body trembling.

“...I can understand living a quiet life...but why here? Why be reminded of them? Why haven't you....you run away?”
"......" Alexia remained silent for a few moments, turning around. "I...."

She glanced down at her right hand, specifically, at her ring finger. Upon it, was a silver-ring with a brilliant, aquamarine colored jewel in the center of it. The silver was engraved in a swirling pattern, the engravings shaped like thorned roses which spread out from the jewel across the entirety of the ring.

"......"

"....The Everian nobility was not always corrupt, son. Many, many centuries ago... Aegis was a place of prosperity for all races. Where even a human could explore the wonders of sorcery... unhindered by any racial or cultural bias. The nobility was kind to those who deserved it, and punished those who broke the law. Aegis is my home."

"....."

"...my husband was a member of the Royal Family at the time. He was a kind man. The greatest man I ever knew, or ever will know... he helped me build this inn. It was... this... is our home."

"I... can't abandon it. Not yet."

"......" Alexia remained silent for a few moments, turning around. "I...."

She glanced down at her right hand, specifically, at her ring finger. Upon it, was a silver-ring with a brilliant, aquamarine colored jewel in the center of it. The silver was engraved in a swirling pattern, the engravings shaped like thorned roses which spread out from the jewel across the entirety of the ring.

"......"

"....The Everian nobility was not always corrupt, son. Many, many centuries ago... Aegis was a place of prosperity for all races. Where even a human could explore the wonders of sorcery... unhindered by any racial or cultural bias. The nobility was kind to those who deserved it, and punished those who broke the law. Aegis is my home."

"....."

"...my husband was a member of the Royal Family at the time. He was a kind man. The greatest man I ever knew, or ever will know... he helped me build this inn. It was... this... is our home."

"I... can't abandon it. Not yet."
Siglos...said nothing, the young Everian’s face softening as he looked at the older Everian.

“.........”

“...What happened, Alexia?” Siglos thought.

“...What happened...to our country? To...to our people! W-why....”

“...Why was I made to suffer...for all of my life? Why? what happened to make them...make them so...” Siglos trailed off, choking back a sob.

"...Not even I know what truly happened to change our ways, son." Alexia thought, "But... if I had to make a bet... whatever is terrorizing Aegis, and forcing the court to make these horrible decisions... is most likely involved with it."

"...Not even I know what truly happened to change our ways, son." Alexia thought, "But... if I had to make a bet... whatever is terrorizing Aegis, and forcing the court to make these horrible decisions... is most likely involved with it."
Siglos said nothing for a long moment, before gingerly wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

“...Alright...Alexia.” Siglos thought.

“...Thank you for...telling me. I...I don't know what happened...but...i’m sorry for your loss...”

As night began to fall, the sky turning orange, the Rakshashin made her way around the city again, where she noticed the attention of several people turning toward some kind of spectacle. An execution. She didn't even flinch witnessing it. It seemed like an attempt to fearmonger in her eyes, they just said they didn't know who killed the king. Not to mention, she already knew firsthand that they took perceived threats seriously, and this was only a few days into her time here.

The Rakshashin stayed within the the crowd for as long as it would take them to disperse. She didn't want to leave preemptively and look suspicious, even if she may have been more confident in her chances of staying hidden given the setting sun.

Siglos said nothing for a long moment, before gingerly wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

“...Alright...Alexia.” Siglos thought.

“...Thank you for...telling me. I...I don't know what happened...but...i’m sorry for your loss...”
"It's... fine. It's been centuries, now." Alexia murmured, "I know I'll have to leave Aegis eventually... eventually..."
As night began to fall, the sky turning orange, the Rakshashin made her way around the city again, where she noticed the attention of several people turning toward some kind of spectacle. An execution. She didn't even flinch witnessing it. It seemed like an attempt to fearmonger in her eyes, they just said they didn't know who killed the king. Not to mention, she already knew firsthand that they took perceived threats seriously, and this was only a few days into her time here.

The Rakshashin stayed within the the crowd for as long as it would take them to disperse. She didn't want to leave preemptively and look suspicious, even if she may have been more confident in her chances of staying hidden given the setting sun.
"You smell like smoke and shadows, sister." Suddenly, a voice called out to the demonspawn woman from behind her.

Should she turn around, she would find herself having to look down a bit at the woman- Who presented herself as a short girl, around 5'1, with pale skin and white hair like snow. Her eyes were a deep golden, and like her fellow Rakshashin, were deep spirals. She did not have horns, though... Like her fellow Rakshashin, they'd seemingly been retracted. And... weirdly enough, she was talking with words, and not some other form of communication.
"Well, i just trying to be the most prudent in this situation"
"Well... I understand. Just let me know if you need anything, okay?" Jeanne offered kindly.

"It's... fine. It's been centuries, now." Alexia murmured, "I know I'll have to leave Aegis eventually... eventually..."
"...Well, if you...ever end up opening another inn...I'd love to stay there on my travels." Siglos said softly. He tried to smile, though it was hard.

"...You've been...a great host, really. Both for the service and...for...telling me...all this. I...I know it must be hard...to relive that."

"...Well, if you...ever end up opening another inn...I'd love to stay there on my travels." Siglos said softly. He tried to smile, though it was hard.

"...You've been...a great host, really. Both for the service and...for...telling me...all this. I...I know it must be hard...to relive that."
Alexia smiled, letting out a shaky breath.

"Thank you, young one. I appreciate your patronage. Just... if you're going to get involved in this, don't get yourself hurt anymore... be safe."

"You smell like smoke and shadows, sister." Suddenly, a voice called out to the demonspawn woman from behind her.

Should she turn around, she would find herself having to look down a bit at the woman- Who presented herself as a short girl, around 5'1, with pale skin and white hair like snow. Her eyes were a deep golden, and like her fellow Rakshashin, were deep spirals. She did not have horns, though... Like her fellow Rakshashin, they'd seemingly been retracted. And... weirdly enough, she was talking with words, and not some other form of communication.
The Rakshashin turned around slowly, looking toward the short girl.

"How are you doing that?" She signed with her hands to her fellow Rakshashin.

Alexia smiled, letting out a shaky breath.

"Thank you, young one. I appreciate your patronage. Just... if you're going to get involved in this, don't get yourself hurt anymore... be safe."
Siglos gingerly nodded. He began to speak again, discarding the cover of telepathy.

“I w-will Alexia. I...I promise.” Siglos said quietly. How bowed gratefully towards the woman, his ashen hair spilling from his hooded cloak.

(Leaked footage of Duine getting into an argument with another Rakshashin)
J7Dvp7y.gif

"Would it be possible for me to get one?" She signed to her in curiosity. She had never spoken before, so to hear the sound of her own voice, whatever that would be like, was intriguing to her.
"Dunno." Cain said, "First thing's first though- I didn't expect to find another Rakshashin in this place, given the whole discrimination business... when did you get here?"
Siglos gingerly nodded. He began to speak again, discarding the cover of telepathy.

“I w-will Alexia. I...I promise.” Siglos said quietly. How bowed gratefully towards the woman, his ashen hair spilling from his hooded cloak.
"There's no need to bow, child." Alexia said, chuckling awkwardly.

"Though... if you would, could you please give me your hand?" She requested.

"There's no need to bow, child." Alexia said, chuckling awkwardly.

"Though... if you would, could you please give me your hand?" She requested.
Siglos slowly straightened himself, flashing her a soft, though slightly confused, smile.

"Oh! E-erm...sure." Siglos said. Gingerly, he reached a lithe hand out towards her, ringers decorating several of his fingers.

Siglos slowly straightened himself, flashing her a soft, though slightly confused, smile.

"Oh! E-erm...sure." Siglos said. Gingerly, he reached a lithe hand out towards her, ringers decorating several of his fingers.
Alexia smiled, "Thank you, child."

With both hands, she gently grabbed the pale limb. A gentle flow of invisible mana began to coalesce around Siglos's hand, coiling around him, and digging into his skin... Siglos may have been all to familiar with another's mana being forcefully carved into his body and mind, but this process was strangely calming, as if his body was being gently wrapped in warm water, soothing every cell. After a few moments of this, a marking appeared on his palm.

"There. All done."

Siglos flinched ever so slightly, clearly expecting a rather...different sensation when he saw her mana begin to pour into his body. Yet, he quickly relaxed, the tension leaving his small body as her mana wrapped around him. It reminded him of the baths he would often take when he had the time, a small smile unconsciously returning to his face.

"....." Siglos looked down at his palm, examining the strange marking she had given him.

"...I-is this...a rune of s-some kind?" Siglos asked quietly, holding his palm closer to his eyes.

Back