• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Eventually, the sun would begin to slowly lower below the horizon... but not fully. It was around 7:00 PM, so the sky was rich and orange, and the clouds were thin and spread apart, letting the slowly dimming light of the sun shine down upon the city of Aegis. For some reason though... things were lively, which was unusual for this time of day. In fact, things seemed less lively and more... panicked. As if something had happened. More official guards issued from the castle eclipsed the streets- More than a few hours ago, at least.
Noah came out annoyed by the noise, she was fixing her hair with both hands and put on a clip to hold it

"What is happening?" She ask after see Shalor and the others

Jeanne nodded, "Let's go outside and check it out. Siglos, will you be joining us?"

@The_man_with_the_Midas_touch
Siglos flinched as he heard the scream cut through the commotion outside, his heart skipping a beat. The Everian’s mind immediately went to the assassins that had attacked earlier, worried it was another potential attack.

“...erm...y-yeah! W-we should...stick t-together....” The man said quietly.

Siglos gingerly peeked through the door, his eyes scanning the gathered crowd. He tried to find Sylvia or Cain, hoping at least one of them would be nearby in case an assassin really was amongst the crowd.
Sylvia was in the same spot she was before, in an alleyway on the street across from Alexia's inn. She glanced at Siglos, Jeanne, and Noah as they came into vision, then gritted her teeth, looking away.

In the center of the streets, stood several guards, and one person, towering over the rest with her presence... Cecilia, the Court Mage. With an icy shout, she spoke, using Sound Magic to amplify her voice.

"Hear me, people of Aegis! I know that with the disappearance of our King, tensions have risen. We still have, unfortunately, not located him! But-! We have found one who we believe to be the culprit behind this affront to the royalty!"

And next to Cecilia... there was a Masked and cloaked man in bounds, squirming and shouting curses and insults. His voice was seemingly muffled by the mask, but, it still could be heard... it was the same outfit as the assassins. And next to him... stood a armored man with a sword at the ready

"This Is only the beginning! Once we have found the rest of this sinners comrades, they shall also meet a suitable fate!"

This was a public execution.

"Disgusting..." Alexia murmured, crossing her arms.

"no, but is related, it's just one step, it's not like it's fixed overnight, we have to worked hard"
"No, you misunderstand my meaning." Alexia explained, her voice louder due to the crowd. "That is not a person related to the attack on the king, or to the assassins that were sent to kidnap you in my inn... I know that person. That is one of the local blacksmiths that many visit on the regular... look behind the mask."

Should Noah use her senses to peer behind the mask, Alexia's words would be confirmed- It was the same man who'd sharpened Kargath's bladefist, the same blue-haired smith.

"No, you misunderstand my meaning." Alexia explained, her voice louder due to the crowd. "That is not a person related to the attack on the king, or to the assassins that were sent to kidnap you in my inn... I know that person. That is one of the local blacksmiths that many visit on the regular... look behind the mask."

Should Noah use her senses to peer behind the mask, Alexia's words would be confirmed- It was the same man who'd sharpened Kargath's bladefist, the same blue-haired smith.
"Hmmm"

Noah started to suspect something but she didn't say anything, she didn't want to sound crazy, not without proof.

Siglos’s blood ran cold, the Everian glancing back towards the masked man on the street.

“N-no. T-they...they wouldn't execute...a-a...an I-innocent...” Siglos trailed off, sounding as if he didn't even believe his own words. He knew all too well the cruelty of the Everian elite. Heard what they talk about behind closed doors, felt the sting of their hand against his flesh and mind. This, this wasn't too far for them...he knew that.

“.....”

“A-Alexia...a-are...are y-you...certain?”

"....." Jeanne let out an "ahem", shaking her head.

"We... can't be certain the royal court is in cahoots with the assassins. We have no proof, not even flimsy proof, of the case. Everian nobility has always been... brutal, and cruel. This could simply be another showcase of that, to cover up their failings."

(Noah's honest reaction
yh.gif

Jeanne placed a hand on Shalor's shoulder. "I don't... think you should watch this."

"Now, execute this heathen!" Cecilia called out. The Masked Man squirmed even harder now as the executioner next to him raised his sword, his screams and cries deafened permanently.

Siglos’s body trembled, his lithe flesh shaking beneath his cloak. Emotion ran thick in his chest, threatening to overwhelm the young Everian. As he saw the sword begin to fall...his own memories flashed before him. Every night spent unable to move, unable to breathe. Every night he had been forced to be a puppet to his father's twisted whims.

“T-this is why...we shouldn't of come here...” Siglos said quietly. He felt dizzy all of a sudden, leaning against the wall of the inn for support.

“...their m-monsters. T-their...they're all ******* m-monsters. E-every...e-every single...s-single one...” He muttered, rambling to himself. His breathing grew heavy and quick, his legs growing heavy as he pressed harder against the inn walls.

Last edited:
Siglos’s body trembled, his lithe flesh shaking beneath just cloak. Emotion ran thick in his chest, threatening to overwhelm the young Everian. As he saw the sword begin to fall...his own memories flashed before him. Every night spent unable to move, unable to breathe. Every night he had been forced to be a puppet to his father's twisted whims.

“T-this is why...we shouldn't of come here...” Siglos said quietly. He felt dizzy all of a sudden, leaning against the wall of the inn for support.

“...their m-monsters. T-their...they're all ******* m-monsters. E-every...e-every single...s-single one...” He muttered, rambling to himself. His breathing grew heavy and quick, his legs growing heavy as he pressed harder against the inn walls.
"Um, Siglos..." Shalor murmured, crouching down in front of him with a worried expression on his face

(Does Siglos know there are children present? Lol)
(Bro don't care 😭)

"Um, Siglos..." Shalor murmured, crouching down in front of him with a worried expression on his face
Siglos looked away from the boy as he crouched down, raising one of his rings to his mouth. The jewel within glowed faintly for a moment, before a thick smell of lavender flowed from the magical gem. He inhaled deeply, before taking a slow, long breath.

“...I-i’m...j-just...” Siglos trailed off, taking another breath.

“T-tired...o-of this place.” He murmured. He took a third, final breath, before silently deactivating his ring.

“The nobles...t-the assassins...t-they d-deserve each other.” He whispered.

Back