• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

(Zoro's OC is getting arrested for crimes against God.)
(Forgive her for what she's about to do next. She's a sinner.)

The amount of guards around her cell were scarce... Clearly they had been dealing with other things and couldn't look over a petty criminal constantly.
The Rakshashin shrugged. She might as well act quickly. While she would have more room to work with if it was darker outside, she still didn't know if the security detail would be more tedious to overcome at that time of day either. Her lack of voice making any grunts silent, she gives a wince as she pressures through the barrier of the cell. While the attention of guards were elsewhere, she immediately took to the shadows of the surrounding area.

"Hah... Whatever you say, young man." The shopkeep said, scooping the coins into his purse.
With a swift motion, David opened the top of the healing potion, tipping it over to his mouth and pouring the liquid down his throat. He grimaced, his body tensing with barely concealed pain as he felt his bones forcefully move themselves back into place, the broken fragments of his ribs fusing back into their original state.

"...By the by...you hear anything about the Arena match after mine? Some fella named...uh, the Thunder of Darkness, competed?" He asked.

Sylvia let out a breath, her muscles gently relaxing as she just... closed her eyes, letting the gentle breeze of the season waft against her to calm her nerves.
Siglos smiled softly, watching as Sylvia's body began to relax. Slowly...gently, he crawled onto her lap, resting on her thighs in a similar manner a cat would. Should she not attempt to move him...he'd simply...sit there, happy to bask in the warmth of the afternoon sun with his mate.

With a swift motion, David opened the top of the healing potion, tipping it over to his mouth and pouring the liquid down his throat. He grimaced, his body tensing with barely concealed pain as he felt his bones forcefully move themselves back into place, the broken fragments of his ribs fusing back into their original state.

"...By the by...you hear anything about the Arena match after mine? Some fella named...uh, the Thunder of Darkness, competed?" He asked.
"Huh...? Oh, yes... A young fellow fought in the arena, I hear. He was quite gloomy, from what I heard, but also incredibly powerful..." The man explained.
Siglos smiled softly, watching as Sylvia's body began to relax. Slowly...gently, he crawled onto her lap, resting on her thighs in a similar manner a cat would. Should she not attempt to move him...he'd simply...sit there, happy to bask in the warmth of the afternoon sun with his mate.
After a few moments of laying down, Sylvia let out a breath, opening her eyes. "This is nice..."

"Huh...? Oh, yes... A young fellow fought in the arena, I hear. He was quite gloomy, from what I heard, but also incredibly powerful..." The man explained.
David nearly spat out his potion as he washed another bottle down his throat, his eyes widening.

"...G-gloomy huh..." David muttered.

"...H-Hey uh...do you know if this guy was also kinda...pale? Like he ain't seen a lick of sun in a while." David said, glancing over at the shopkeep.

After a few moments of laying down, Sylvia let out a breath, opening her eyes. "This is nice..."
"...I-it...really is, m-my love..." Siglos said softly, snuggling into her. He pressed his cheek into her lower stomach, taking a soft breath of his own.

"...I wish...we could s-stay like this..."

David nearly spat out his potion as he washed another bottle down his throat, his eyes widening.

"...G-gloomy huh..." David muttered.

"...H-Hey uh...do you know if this guy was also kinda...pale? Like he ain't seen a lick of sun in a while." David said, glancing over at the shopkeep.
"I've heard as much. He was as pale as a Vaewolf, they say." The shopkeep said, "Why?
"...I-it...really is, m-my love..." Siglos said softly, snuggling into her. He pressed his cheek into her lower stomach, taking a soft breath of his own.

"...I wish...we could s-stay like this..."
"Yeah... Yeah, that'd be... nice, wouldn't it...?" Sylvia muttered.

"I've heard as much. He was as pale as a Vaewolf, they say." The shopkeep said, "Why?
The gears slowly began to turn in David's head, the man realizing he could no longer deny the fact that was right in front of him. He breathed out, ruffling his hair.

"Some kid I met while I was trainin' fits that description to a T. Ain't never suspected he was even intrested in fighting in a match, much less strong enough to not get clobbered at the start." David muttered. He thought for a moment, before grabbing his empty bottles.

“Any idea where he is now?”

"Yeah... Yeah, that'd be... nice, wouldn't it...?" Sylvia muttered.
“...No m-more....f-fighting. N-no more...d-death...” Siglos said softly.

“...I-it would m-make me...the happiest Everian a-alive...j-just to...s-stay with y-you...j-just like this...”

The gears slowly began to turn in David's head, the man realizing he could no longer deny the fact that was right in front of him. He breathed out, ruffling his hair.

"Some kid I met while I was trainin' fits that description to a T. Ain't never suspected he was even intrested in fighting in a match, much less strong enough to not get clobbered at the start." David muttered. He thought for a moment, before grabbing his empty bottles.

“Any idea where he is now?”
"I hear he's staying at a nearby inn but that's all I know, really." The shopkeep said, shrugging ever so slightly.
“...No m-more....f-fighting. N-no more...d-death...” Siglos said softly.

“...I-it would m-make me...the happiest Everian a-alive...j-just to...s-stay with y-you...j-just like this...”
"Yeah... I think that'd be... amazing." Sylvia said with a wide smile. Clearly.. Such a life was something she yearned for above all else.

"Yeah... I think that'd be... amazing." Sylvia said with a wide smile. Clearly.. Such a life was something she yearned for above all else.
"....." Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly sitting up, peering up at Sylvia.

"........"

"...W-why do you...t-travel w-with Cain...S-Sylvia?" Siglos asked softly.

"...I-I...know y-you t-two a-are...c-close...b-but...w-would y-you not h-have been...h-happier pursuing a...more peaceful life?"

"I hear he's staying at a nearby inn but that's all I know, really." The shopkeep said, shrugging ever so slightly.
David breathed out, slowly nodding. He was planning on taking a rest at the inn himself, so it was as good a chance to interrogate the boy as any.

"...Alright. Appreciate the tip." He said. He stepped away from the man, heading back towards the doorway of the shop.

"...Ya have a good night, alright?"

"....." Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly sitting up, peering up at Sylvia.

"........"

"...W-why do you...t-travel w-with Cain...S-Sylvia?" Siglos asked softly.

"...I-I...know y-you t-two a-are...c-close...b-but...w-would y-you not h-have been...h-happier pursuing a...more peaceful life?"
"....." Sylvia thought for a few moments, before giving her answer.

"I follow Cain because I believe in her dream... Of uniting all the races. I want to see a world without war or violence... And I want to contribute to creating it as best as I can... That's all."

David breathed out, slowly nodding. He was planning on taking a rest at the inn himself, so it was as good a chance to interrogate the boy as any.

"...Alright. Appreciate the tip." He said. He stepped away from the man, heading back towards the doorway of the shop.

"...Ya have a good night, alright?"
"Take Care, I suppose... Try not to start any trouble, now." The shopkeep said, seeing David off.
The Rakshashin shrugged. She might as well act quickly. While she would have more room to work with if it was darker outside, she still didn't know if the security detail would be more tedious to overcome at that time of day either. Her lack of voice making any grunts silent, she gives a wince as she pressures through the barrier of the cell. While the attention of guards were elsewhere, she immediately took to the shadows of the surrounding area.
She sustains several burns and abrasions from forcing her way through the cell's barrier, and would probably require severe healing, but.... it seemed as if she'd successfully escaped notice for now.

(Really sorry, I didn't see this somehow.)

"....." Sylvia thought for a few moments, before giving her answer.

"I follow Cain because I believe in her dream... Of uniting all the races. I want to see a world without war or violence... And I want to contribute to creating it as best as I can... That's all."
"......." Siglos said nothing for a moment, gingerly running a hand across her side.

"...A-and...y-you would truly...c-commit y-yourself t-to that dream? E-even if it meant y-you...h-had to keep f-fighting...?" Siglos asked softly.

"Take Care, I suppose... Try not to start any trouble, now." The shopkeep said, seeing David off.
"Ay, I'll try, alright?" David said, chuckling softly. He gave the man a final wave, before turning away, and beginning to walk toward the inn.

"......." Siglos said nothing for a moment, gingerly running a hand across her side.

"...A-and...y-you would truly...c-commit y-yourself t-to that dream? E-even if it meant y-you...h-had to keep f-fighting...?" Siglos asked softly
"...You may not really... know this about me, Siglos. But... I'm a very committed person, when I really set my mind on something..." Sylvia said, her expression hardening. Her muscles tightened beneath her clothing on instinct, Siglos able to feel her bulky hand pull him into her rippling, steel-like abs, each vein and fiber outlined through her clothing.

"Especially when it comes to my best friend... There's absolutely nothing that'll stop me from pushing onward..." She declared.
"Ay, I'll try, alright?" David said, chuckling softly. He gave the man a final wave, before turning away, and beginning to walk toward the inn.
The innkeeper was seemingly busy talking to another customer when David came in.

"Is this enough to pay for my room...?"

"Hey, for a Champion, I'll give a discount!"

"...I didn't win, though."

"Eh, so what? Besides, 'least I can do for waking you up in the middle of the night just to pay extra."

"...I guess."

Conversing with the innkeeper stood the boy paying for his room for the next couple of nights... There he was. Unlike in their previous meeting, Yu adorned not a suit-like clothe but instead a dark-gray hoodie, not bothering to actually use the hood.

"...You may not really... know this about me, Siglos. But... I'm a very committed person, when I really set my mind on something..." Sylvia said, her expression hardening. Her muscles tightened beneath her clothing on instinct, Siglos able to feel her bulky hand pull him into her rippling, steel-like abs, each vein and fiber outlined through her clothing.

"Especially when it comes to my best friend... There's absolutely nothing that'll stop me from pushing onward..." She declared.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, his eyes widening in visible surprise as he was pressed into her musculature. For a moment, he said nothing, before slowly beginning to nod. Though...The Everian struggled to wrap his mind around such conviction.

"....I...I...d-don't r-really...u-understand...b-but..." Siglos said softly.

"...I-if...i-if...i-it's...i-important to you...t-then....i-it's...i-important t-to me...too. I...w-want to support y-you two...i-if I can..."

Conversing with the innkeeper stood the boy paying for his room for the next couple of nights... There he was. Unlike in their previous meeting, Yu adorned not a suit-like clothe but instead a dark-gray hoodie, not bothering to actually use the hood.
As David glanced into the doorway, he almost immediately spotted Yu, recognizing his relatively scrawny body, even in his new attire.

"Well if it ain't the gladiator himself! " David said, stepping into the lobby. His voice was...rather loud, though it was more due to habit than any intended rudeness on his part.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, his eyes widening in visible surprise as he was pressed into her musculature. For a moment, he said nothing, before slowly beginning to nod. Though...The Everian struggled to wrap his mind around such conviction.

"....I...I...d-don't r-really...u-understand...b-but..." Siglos said softly.

"...I-if...i-if...i-it's...i-important to you...t-then....i-it's...i-important t-to me...too. I...w-want
"It doesn't have to be important to you, babe. I'd rather you... stay out of the kind of life I have... If at all possible." Sylvia muttered, her muscles loosening.

"I just... want you to be safe."

As David glanced into the doorway, he almost immediately spotted Yu, recognizing his relatively scrawny body, even in his new attire.

"Well if it ain't the gladiator himself! " David said, stepping into the lobby. His voice was...rather loud, though it was more due to habit than any intended rudeness on his part.
"Huh...?" The boy turned back, tilting his head to see David.

"Oi!! Do you know how late it is!? Pipe down!" The innkeeper demanded.

"It doesn't have to be important to you, babe. I'd rather you... stay out of the kind of life I have... If at all possible." Sylvia muttered, her muscles loosening.

"I just... want you to be safe."
"......." Siglos said nothing for a moment, before shaking his head.

"...S-Sylvia. E-even...we...l-leave the c-church....after...w-we...c-complete...V-Velen's...orders..." Siglos said softly. He trailed off, his body trembling slightly.

"...If w-we...s-survive...I...I w-want to c-continue t-to...t-travel w-with you. Y-you and Cain, I mean...."

"Huh...?" The boy turned back, tilting his head to see David.

"Oi!! Do you know how late it is!? Pipe down!" The innkeeper demanded.
"Eh? Oh....uh...right. My bad innkeep." David said, waving apologetically. He lowered his voice slightly, walking towards Yu.

"Ya sure pulled the wool over my eyes. Why didn't ya tell me ya had an arena match lined up?"

"......." Siglos said nothing for a moment, before shaking his head.

"...S-Sylvia. E-even...we...l-leave the c-church....after...w-we...c-complete...V-Velen's...orders..." Siglos said softly. He trailed off, his body trembling slightly.

"...If w-we...s-survive...I...I w-want to c-continue t-to...t-travel w-with you. Y-you and Cain, I
"...Thats not a good idea..." Sylvia murmured, "The... path Cain wants to walk is a dangerous one. So... you... you can't walk it. Not if I want to keep you alive..."
Eh? Oh....uh...right. My bad innkeep." David said, waving apologetically. He lowered his voice slightly, walking towards Yu.

"Ya sure pulled the wool over my eyes. Why didn't ya tell me ya had an arena match lined up?"
"........................"

"Who...... Are you, again...?" Yu asked, tilting his head to the side.

"...Thats not a good idea..." Sylvia murmured, "The... path Cain wants to walk is a dangerous one. So... you... you can't walk it. Not if I want to keep you alive..."
"......" Siglos's face paled ever so slightly, the Everian ears beginning to twitch.

"...I-if...I-if I...I d-don't...d-don't t-travel w-with y-you two....h-how....h-how will w-we...? H-how...w-will...w-we..." Siglos trailed off, his voice quivering.

"...B-be t-together...?"

"........................"

"Who...... Are you, again...?" Yu asked, tilting his head to the side.
"......" David stared at the boy blankly for a moment.

"...Eh!? Don't tell me the ol' dwarf hit ya on your noggin. We met a few hours ago!" David said, clearly a bit offended he was forgotten so easily.

"......" Siglos's face paled ever so slightly, the Everian ears beginning to twitch.

"...I-if...I-if I...I d-don't...d-don't t-travel w-with y-you two....h-how....h-how will w-we...? H-how...w-will...w-we..." Siglos trailed off, his voice quivering.

"...B-be t-together...?"
"........." Sylvia remained silent for a few moments, before speaking.

"I don't... have to be gone all the time. There will obviously be times we'll be together... I can fly fast so I should be able to get to you relatively quickly in most places... but... I can't have you in harms way... so... I wouldn't be able to take you with me."

......" David stared at the boy blankly for a moment.

"...Eh!? Don't tell me the ol' dwarf hit ya on your noggin. We met a few hours ago!" David said, clearly a bit offended he was forgotten so easily.
"............Oh. You. Sup." Yu said casually after remembering who David was.

"........." Sylvia remained silent for a few moments, before speaking.

"I don't... have to be gone all the time. There will obviously be times we'll be together... I can fly fast so I should be able to get to you relatively quickly in most places... but... I can't have you in harms way... so... I wouldn't be able to take you with me."
"I...I c-can...I c-can make m-myself...u-useful...S-Sylvia! I...I c-can...can...e-enchant C-Cain's w-weapons...o-or...o-or...c-clean y-your...clothes...o-or...o-or p-provide f-funding...o-or..or....!" Siglos trailed off, his flesh trembling against hers.

"...P...p-please....p-please...d-don't....d-don't...l-leave m-me b-behind....p-please..." Siglos said softly.

"............Oh. You. Sup." Yu said casually after remembering who David was.
"............"

"...................................."

"...Uh...sup. Congrats on the match, kid." He said awkwardly, scratching his head. He shrugged, before glancing at the innkeeper.

"...Oi, Innkeep, ya got a room open?"

"I...I c-can...I c-can make m-myself...u-useful...S-Sylvia! I...I c-can...can...e-enchant C-Cain's w-weapons...o-or...o-or...c-clean y-your...clothes...o-or...o-or p-provide f-funding...o-or..or....!" Siglos trailed off, his flesh trembling against hers.

"...P...p-please....p-please...d-don't....d-don't...l-leave m-me b-behind....p-please..." Siglos said softly.
"It's not about use, Siglos...! I don't doubt that you can be useful! It's about the dangers that lay on this path I've chosen...! You don't want to expose yourself to that... I don't want to expose you to that!" Sylvia said, clenching her teeth as she spoke.
"............"

"...................................."

"...Uh...sup. Congrats on the match, kid." He said awkwardly, scratching his head. He shrugged, before glancing at the innkeeper.

"...Oi, Innkeep, ya got a room open?"
"...No idea why people keep congratulating me when I lost." Yu muttered, before just shrugging. He put his hands into the pockets of his hood, before walking past David.

"Yeah, I've got one open... Just don't ******' shout the whole night, or I'll kick you out." The innkeep said with a sigh.

She sustains several burns and abrasions from forcing her way through the cell's barrier, and would probably require severe healing, but.... it seemed as if she'd successfully escaped notice for now.

(Really sorry, I didn't see this somehow.)
The Rakshashin didn't have time to heal, at least, not immediately. Getting some extra distance, she decided to lay low for a while. She could deal with the injuries sustained at dusk. She did want to see more of what was going on for herself, but she would have to approach this with a far greater degree of caution. Nightfall would be when she planned to really pick up speed with that.

"...No idea why people keep congratulating me when I lost." Yu muttered, before just shrugging. He put his hands into the pockets of his hood, before walking past David.

"Yeah, I've got one open... Just don't ******' shout the whole night, or I'll kick you out." The innkeep said with a sigh.
"I ain't gonna cause a scene, innkeep. Just came to congratulate the kid, that's all." David said, breathing out. He reached into his pocket, picking out a few coins before placing them on the counter.

"Just gimme somewhere to hang my hat for the night. Any room is fine."

"It's not about use, Siglos...! I don't doubt that you can be useful! It's about the dangers that lay on this path I've chosen...! You don't want to expose yourself to that... I don't want to expose you to that!" Sylvia said, clenching her teeth as she spoke.
"...I...I d-don't...d-don't c-care i-if i-it's d-dangerous, S-Sylvia!" Siglos said, his voice rising slightly.

"...Y-you...y-you a-are the only p-person...t-the only p-person w-who...w-who makes me f-feel safe! F-feel...a-at e-ease! I..." Siglos said, he trailed off, taking a shaky breath.

"...I n-need…n-need you…”

Last edited:
I ain't gonna cause a scene, innkeep. Just came to congratulate the kid, that's all." David said, breathing out. He reached into his pocket, picking out a few coins before placing them on the counter.

"Just gimme somewhere to hang my hat for the night. Any room is fine."
"Yeah, sure..." The innkeep said, handing David his room key. The number "32" was engraved into the bronze.

Yu turned back for a moment, before simply draping his hood over his head, walking out of the inn.

".....People keep congratulating me for losing a fight I wasn't even supposed to fight..." Yu thought to himself. He let out a short breath for a moment, before beginning to jog down the nighttime streets. His master had taught him this; Never, and she meant never, stop training. Only stop if you absolutely need to. He made attempt to follow that rule whenever he had the chance to. So, he did. He kept a steady pace while running, not going to slow, but not to fast either, keeping his breathing steady and rhythmic.

"....Meh."

...I...I d-don't...d-don't c-care i-if i-it's d-dangerous, S-Sylvia!" Siglos said, his voice rising slightly.

"...Y-you...y-you a-are the only p-person...t-the only p-person w-who...w-who makes me f-feel safe! F-feel...a-at e-ease! I..." Siglos said, he trailed off, taking a shaky breath.

"...I n-need…n-need you…”
"I CARE!" Sylvia exclaimed, barely holding back a shout. This was... the first time she'd truly taken a tone of anger with him.

"YOU... may not care about yourself, Siglos. Or if you're in danger... But I ******* care, Siglos! I care! I care about you and your safety! Do you get that!? Do you even understand how absolutely painful it'd be if you died when I should've protected you...?... How much I'd hate myself!? You don't. You don't know how it feels because you've never had to protect shit in your life, because your ******* weak!"

The Rakshashin didn't have time to heal, at least, not immediately. Getting some extra distance, she decided to lay low for a while. She could deal with the injuries sustained at dusk. She did want to see more of what was going on for herself, but she would have to approach this with a far greater degree of caution. Nightfall would be when she planned to really pick up speed with that.
(Where's she going in the mean time?)

"I CARE!" Sylvia exclaimed, barely holding back a shout. This was... the first time she'd truly taken a tone of anger with him.

"YOU... may not care about yourself, Siglos. Or if you're in danger... But I ******* care, Siglos! I care! I care about you and your safety! Do you get that!? Do you even understand how absolutely painful it'd be if you died when I should've protected you...?... How much I'd hate myself!? You don't. You don't know how it feels because you've never had to protect shit in your life, because your ******* weak!"
Siglos’s body went rigid, Sylvia's words cutting him like a knife through flesh.

“….”

“…S-Sylvia…” Siglos muttered. The woman’s words echoed in his mind, threatening to disorient him completely.

“Weak….” Siglos thought. Gingerly, Siglos moved off of her body, sinking to the ground below.

“…I…I…I d-didn’t…m-mean…t-to…” Siglos said, trailing off. He...didn't know what to say.

"Yeah, sure..." The innkeep said, handing David his room key. The number "32" was engraved into the bronze.

Yu turned back for a moment, before simply draping his hood over his head, walking out of the inn.

".....People keep congratulating me for losing a fight I wasn't even supposed to fight..." Yu thought to himself. He let out a short breath for a moment, before beginning to jog down the nighttime streets. His master had taught him this; Never, and she meant never, stop training. Only stop if you absolutely need to. He made attempt to follow that rule whenever he had the chance to. So, he did. He kept a steady pace while running, not going to slow, but not to fast either, keeping his breathing steady and rhythmic.

"....Meh."
David grasped the key in a muscular hand, leaving the payment on the desk.

"Appreciate it. Should be out of your hair in the mornin'." He said. He nodded at the innkeeper, before making his way through the inn, trying to locate his room.

"...Could probably do some conditionin' before I hit the hey, now that my body's all healed up. Gotta be quiet about it though..." He thought to himself.

(Nowhere in particular. Primarily just moving to keep distance in case some of those same guards are after her for breaking out.)
(It'd be a lot easier for me to respond if she was going somewhere specifically lol.)

Siglos’s body went rigid, Sylvia's words cutting him like a knife through flesh.

“….”

“…S-Sylvia…” Siglos muttered. The woman’s words echoed in his mind, threatening to disorient him completely.

“Weak….” Siglos thought. Gingerly, Siglos moved off of her body, sinking to the ground below.

“…I…I…I d-didn’t…m-mean…t-to…” Siglos said, trailing off. He...didn't know what to say.
".........."

"....I...."

Sylvia shook her head, leaning back. She rubbed the bridge of her nose in acute frustration at the situation, before speaking.

"...You just... you haven't lived my life, Siglos. You'd have to be CONSTANTLY on guard, Siglos. Constantly on edge, wondering if someone is going to try and kill you in your sleep. You'll scarcely eat, or sleep... You'll never find any peace on my path. I don't... want that life for you.... And I'm not going to let you walk it."

David grasped the key in a muscular hand, leaving the payment on the desk.

"Appreciate it. Should be out of your hair in the mornin'." He said. He nodded at the innkeeper, before making his way through the inn, trying to locate his room.

"...Could probably do some conditionin' before I hit the hey, now that my body's all healed up. Gotta be quiet about it though..." He thought to himself.
His room was at the very end of the hallway of dozens of rooms, little of which were occupied. Seemed like it was a slow night.

"Cool, maybe I'll learn some extra tricks and spell but it's not like I'm a go book eater, no offense"
(
maxresdefault.jpg
)

His room was at the very end of the hallway of dozens of rooms, little of which were occupied. Seemed like it was a slow night.
David stepped into his room, tossing his helmet onto his bed. Taking a moment to ensure he had enough space, he slowly got into his stance, his muscles tensing and tightening as he lowered himself. For a moment...nothing happened, before David delivered a quick, powerful hook toward the air in front of him, followed almost immediately by a short uppercut. Without missing a beat, he pressed his foot into the floorboard, performing a sudden, explosive dash, as if to tackle his imagined opponent. As he fought, he thought about the events of the day, his mind drifting towards Yu.

"...Guess the kid's walkin' his own path. Shouldn't have gone poking my nose into his business." He thought to himself.

"...Still, would've been nice to see what he was made of. If he drummed up all the talk just by losing a match, then he's probably a cut above those okeydoke warriors you usually see in debut matches...especially if he could go toe to toe with that ol' dwarf bastard..." David thought. He considered this for a moment, before shrugging ever so slightly, continuing his shadowboxing.

".........."

"....I...."

Sylvia shook her head, leaning back. She rubbed the bridge of her nose in acute frustration at the situation, before speaking.

"...You just... you haven't lived my life, Siglos. You'd have to be CONSTANTLY on guard, Siglos. Constantly on edge, wondering if someone is going to try and kill you in your sleep. You'll scarcely eat, or sleep... You'll never find any peace on my path. I don't... want that life for you.... And I'm not going to let you walk it."
Siglos said nothing for a moment, his eyes lowering to the ground. He thought back to their conflict with the magical beast. The stress...the despair...the fear he had felt dealing with a creature so powerful.

"....Sylvia...." Siglos said softly. She was right...he knew she was right. Such a battle had been one of the most stressful moments in Siglos's life. But...to the Rakshashins...that may be something they dealt with... every day.

"......" The Everian trembled ever so slightly, a deep sadness cementing itself in his chest.

"........"

"...Y-you'll...v-visit m-me...w-won't y-you? A-as...a-as...o-often...a-as...a-as w-we c-can...m-meet?" Siglos said quietly, his voice barely audible.

(Maybe a tavern if the business isn't heavily affected by the lockdown. A densely populated area where it'll be hard to keep track of comings and goings would be the ideal spot for her to be in right about now.)
There aren't many taverns in the city that are exactly.... open, to Rakshashin. It's probably best she finds a way to hide her demonspawn descent before going to any populated areas.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, his eyes lowering to the ground. He thought back to their conflict with the magical beast. The stress...the despair...the fear he had felt dealing with a creature so powerful.

"....Sylvia...." Siglos said softly. She was right...he knew she was right. Such a battle had been one of the most stressful moments in Siglos's life. But...to the Rakshashins...that may be something they dealt with... every day.

"......" The Everian trembled ever so slightly, a deep sadness cementing itself in his chest.

"........"

"...Y-you'll...v-visit m-me...w-won't y-you? A-as...a-as...o-often...a-as...a-as w-we c-can...m-meet?" Siglos said quietly, his voice barely audible.
"Of course, honey... I'll visit you as often as I can, I swear it, my love. Truly." Sylvia assured him, and it was clear she meant this with the utmost sincerity.

The Rakshashin headed back to where she was staying for the time being. She retracted her horns, and altered her attire. She went through a few other rooms, ones where shadows didn't move. Finding an empty room, she entered and grabbed a cloak before leaving through the shadows again. She needed a place that was going to be denser, harder for her to be spotted just in case more guards were after her. Cloaking herself and walking around in a physical form, she turns and notices a tavern, and enters in. This would be a good place to waste a few hours until nightfall.

David stepped into his room, tossing his helmet onto his bed. Taking a moment to ensure he had enough space, he slowly got into his stance, his muscles tensing and tightening as he lowered himself. For a moment...nothing happened, before David delivered a quick, powerful hook toward the air in front of him, followed almost immediately by a short uppercut. Without missing a beat, he pressed his foot into the floorboard, performing a sudden, explosive dash, as if to tackle his imagined opponent. As he fought, he thought about the events of the day, his mind drifting towards Yu.

"...Guess the kid's walkin' his own path. Shouldn't have gone poking my nose into his business." He thought to himself.

"...Still, would've been nice to see what he was made of. If he drummed up all the talk just by losing a match, then he's probably a cut above those okeydoke warriors you usually see in debut matches...especially if he could go toe to toe with that ol' dwarf bastard..." David thought. He considered this for a moment, before shrugging ever so slightly, continuing his shadowboxing.
“…Guess oughta move on in the morning…” David thought. He wiped some sweat off his brow, jumping backward, before delivering a vicious downward chop onto the air in front of him. Now that he had defeated the Mythical Monk, he was, technically, the highest-ranked gladiator in the local area, at least for the spring tournament. Outside a few notable people, such as the Blue Lighting and the Savage Dwarf, he was unsure if there was anyone else worth challenging. And, unless either decided to challenge him directly, he could safely…move on, to find his glory elsewhere, at least until another tournament happens.

“…Guess I really came a long way, huh…” David muttered. He remembered when he first join the arena, a little more than half a decade ago. He had been a desperate, foolhardy man, obsessed with combating the weakness he thought plagued his heart.

“…..”

“….Guess I ain’t change all that much. Just got a bit buffer…” David thought, a small smile stretching across his face. He clenched his fist, shifting his body as he delivered a vicious left straight onto the air in front of him.

“…….”

“…Wonder what the folks back home would have thought of me…” He thought. His body went rigid ever so slightly, and for a brief moment…he stopped his training, simply staring at the ground beneath his feet.

"....."

"..........."

".............."

David let out a soft, slightly trembling breath, shaking his head. He pushed the thought to the back of his mind, beginning his shadowboxing with a newfound fervor.

"Of course, honey... I'll visit you as often as I can, I swear it, my love. Truly." Sylvia assured him, and it was clear she meant this with the utmost sincerity.
"......" Siglos said nothing for a moment, his lithe flesh trembling within his cloak.

"...I-if....i-if I...m-made y-you a...c-communication d-device. S-something...s-something t-that w-would a-allow me t-to...t-talk t-to you...e-even w-when y-you w-were f-far away..." Siglos said quietly, his voice trembling.

"...C-could I...c-call y-you? E-every...e-every s-so often...?"

(Gonna do a timeskip in a bit to initiate the plot, just gotta finish this scene.)
"......" Siglos said nothing for a moment, his lithe flesh trembling within his cloak.

"...I-if....i-if I...m-made y-you a...c-communication d-device. S-something...s-something t-that w-would a-allow me t-to...t-talk t-to you...e-even w-when y-you w-were f-far away..." Siglos said quietly, his voice trembling.

"...C-could I...c-call y-you? E-every...e-every s-so often...?"
"You could call me as often as you want, my darling..." Sylvia muttered, wrapping her arms around his trembling flesh. She pulled him into her chest, allowing him to sink into the flesh.

"I'll always be with you... no matter how far apart we are."

Back