• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Okay Saffi, so you like books but is there anything else you like to do?" The Dragoness ask curious
"Well, give yourself 200 years and you end up trying just about everything. Reading just happens to be the thing I'm drawn to the most. But of course that's among many other things, singing, writing, candlemaking, charting the stars...just a small amount of everything. Although I must say that nothing I've experienced has been quite as fun as this journey we've had so far...it just frightens me that things may be getting more serious."

"Well, give yourself 200 years and you end up trying just about everything. Reading just happens to be the thing I'm drawn to the most. But of course that's among many other things, singing, writing, candlemaking, charting the stars...just a small amount of everything. Although I must say that nothing I've experienced has been quite as fun as this journey we've had so far...it just frightens me that things may be getting more serious."
"Don't worry about it, hehe, the funny thing about all of this is that probably compared to our ages, I could tell that I was born yesterday, so I haven't tried that many things yet" Noah joked, after all she was extremely young by Dragon and Everians standards

".....Mmmmph...."

A sound escaped Siglos's lips, as he lay in his bed, the first signs of wakefulness appearing across his lithe body. His eyes fluttered, his body slowly shifting as he awoke. Gradually, sat up on the bed, rubbing his eyes blearily.

"...Mmmmgh..." He muttered incomprehensibly, shaking off the lingering daze of his sleep.

"...What a...strange dream..." Siglos thought. Unlike his usual fair, he remembered it vividly, each moment floating through his mind as if it had happened in reality. A soft blush stretched across his face, his ears twitching ever so slightly.

"...But...it was just a dream. None of that...actually happened. Of course....of course...you can't...go into someone else's dream...that would be...rather odd..." Siglos thought. He continued to rub his eyes, his mind registering that he was in desperate need of a warm bath.

".....Mmmmph...."

A sound escaped Siglos's lips, as he lay in his bed, the first signs of wakefulness appearing across his lithe body. His eyes fluttered, his body slowly shifting as he awoke. Gradually, sat up on the bed, rubbing his eyes blearily.

"...Mmmmgh..." He muttered incomprehensibly, shaking off the lingering daze of his sleep.

"...What a...strange dream..." Siglos thought. Unlike his usual fair, he remembered it vividly, each moment floating through his mind as if it had happened in reality. A soft blush stretched across his face, his ears twitching ever so slightly.

"...But...it was just a dream. None of that...actually happened. Of course....of course...you can't...go into someone else's dream...that would be...rather odd..." Siglos thought. He continued to rub his eyes, his mind registering that he was in desperate need of a warm bath.
(Cain:
DIE.)

".....Mmmmph...."

As Siglos awoke, he'd realize that the door had been wide open, footprints having been burned into the wooden floor beneath that led out the door and down the stairs to the inn entrance.

As Siglos awoke, he'd realize that the door had been wide open, footprints having been burned into the wooden floor beneath that led out the door and down the stairs to the inn entrance.
Siglos’s eyes stared blearily down at the footprints burned into the floor, his ears twitching ever so slightly.

“...Alexia will blacklist us at this rate...she can't replace the entire floor...” Siglos thought, his mind barely registering it. Tiredly, he got out of bed, before stepping into the bathroom. After a quick bath, combing his hair, brushing his teeth, and doing his standard cosmetic routine of perfumes and makeup, he stepped out of the bathroom, glancing down at the burn markings on the floor again.

“...M-maybe Cain had a w-weird dream too...” Siglos muttered to himself. The gears started to turn in his brain, and a thought slowly began to form in his mind. He lingered there for a moment, before quickly shaking his head.

“N-no...n-no that's impossible...” Siglos murmured. Pushing the thought to the back of his mind, he began to coat his palm with mana, before letting the invisible substance fall onto the floor below. Following the trail of burned footprints, he gradually began to repair the floor, enchanting the floorboards to remove the damage. It was a slow process, and to an outside observer, he would likely look quite strange; his eyes were focused on the floor, his body crouched into almost a crawl as he traveled through the hallways, leaving a lingering residue of mana in his wake.

Siglos’s eyes stared blearily down at the footprints burned into the floor, his ears twitching ever so slightly.

“...Alexia will blacklist us at this rate...she can't replace the entire floor...” Siglos thought, his mind barely registering it. Tiredly, he got out of bed, before stepping into the bathroom. After a quick bath, combing his hair, brushing his teeth, and doing his standard cosmetic routine of perfumes and makeup, he stepped out of the bathroom, glancing down at the burn markings on the floor again.

“...M-maybe Cain had a w-weird dream too...” Siglos muttered to himself. The gears started to turn in his brain, and a thought slowly began to form in his mind. He lingered there for a moment, before quickly shaking his head.

“N-no...n-no that's impossible...” Siglos murmured. Pushing the thought to the back of his mind, he began to coat his palm with mana, before letting the invisible substance fall onto the floor below. Following the trail of burned footprints, he gradually began to repair the floor, enchanting the floorboards to remove the damage. It was a slow process, and to an outside observer, he would likely look quite strange; his eyes were focused on the floor, his body crouched into almost a crawl as he traveled through the hallways, leaving a lingering residue of mana in his wake.
"Um... Sir?"

As Siglos performed his repairs on the floor, he, in his concentration on the ground beneath and in his lowered stance, ran into someone's legs head-first, causing him to tumble.

It was Alexia, who was staring down at him. "Are you... looking for something, Sir?"

"Um... Sir?"

As Siglos performed his repairs on the floor, he, in his concentration on the ground beneath and in his lowered stance, ran into someone's legs head-first, causing him to tumble.

It was Alexia, who was staring down at him. "Are you... looking for something, Sir?"
Siglos fell onto his arse, confusion spreading across his face for a brief moment. Slowly, he looked up, staring blankly at Alexia.

"....O-oh!" Siglos said quickly. He got to his feet, idly dusting off any dust or dirt that had gotten onto his cloak during the fall.

"...G-good...m-morning Alexia! S-sorry for t-the trouble...I w-was just erm...r-removing the burn m-marks my...acquaintance l-left on y-your floorboards..." He said quietly.

Siglos fell onto his arse, confusion spreading across his face for a brief moment. Slowly, he looked up, staring blankly at Alexia.

"....O-oh!" Siglos said quickly. He got to his feet, idly dusting off any dust or dirt that had gotten onto his cloak during the fall.

"...G-good...m-morning Alexia! S-sorry for t-the trouble...I w-was just erm...r-removing the burn m-marks my...acquaintance l-left on y-your floorboards..." He said quietly.
"It's... no issue, sir. I was planning to remove them myself..." Alexia muttered.

Mana slowly coalesced around her right hand, in a thin layer. With a swift wave of her hand, the mana pulsed away from her limb, spreading across the entire inn like a force-field of sorts... This field of mana that surrounded the inn slowly repaired the burns that had been dealt to the wooden floor, and potentially other, non-visible breakages, before dissipating gently.

"It's... no issue, sir. I was planning to remove them myself..." Alexia muttered.

Mana slowly coalesced around her right hand, in a thin layer. With a swift wave of her hand, the mana pulsed away from her limb, spreading across the entire inn like a force-field of sorts... This field of mana that surrounded the inn slowly repaired the burns that had been dealt to the wooden floor, and potentially other, non-visible breakages, before dissipating gently.
Siglos blinked, the lingering hum of Alexia's mana buzzing in his ear as he watched her cast the spell. He was used to using... precise methods of repair, the type one would use on a rusted blade or cracked breastplate, he never thought to learn larger-scale repair spells. He suddenly felt rather foolish, the Everian shuffling awkwardly where he stood.

“...O-oh! W-well...i-i’m glad I-it...w-wasn’t too much trouble. Erm...sorry for the b-bother.” He said softly. He bowed, his ears twitching slightly on his head.

Siglos blinked, the lingering hum of Alexia's mana buzzing in his ear as he watched her cast the spell. He was used to using... precise methods of repair, the type one would use on a rusted blade or cracked breastplate, he never thought to learn larger-scale repair spells. He suddenly felt rather foolish, the Everian shuffling awkwardly where he stood.

“...O-oh! W-well...i-i’m glad I-it...w-wasn’t too much trouble. Erm...sorry for the b-bother.” He said softly. He bowed, his ears twitching slightly on his head.
"It's no bother, really... I'm used to having to repair this place." Alexia said with an awkward chuckle, "I've been tending to the building for many years..."

"It's no bother, really... I'm used to having to repair this place." Alexia said with an awkward chuckle, "I've been tending to the building for many years..."
Siglos straightened himself, taking a soft breath.

"...R-regardless...I...m-must thank you f-for...t-tolerating our group...I-I k-know i-it must g-get...tiresome...t-to c-clean up a-after us..." Siglos said.

Siglos straightened himself, taking a soft breath.

"...R-regardless...I...m-must thank you f-for...t-tolerating our group...I-I k-know i-it must g-get...tiresome...t-to c-clean up a-after us..." Siglos said.
"Oh, it's no trouble at all... Repair spells cost barely any mana for me, so I can just use those to clean whatever I can't manually..." Alexia muttered, scratching her neck nervously.

"Oh, it's no trouble at all... Repair spells cost barely any mana for me, so I can just use those to clean whatever I can't manually..." Alexia muttered, scratching her neck nervously.
Siglos noticed the innkeepers nervousness, which only served to make him more anxious, believing he had done something to make her uncomfortable.

"W-well...I-I'm glad it's not...t-too much of an inconvenience...a-at least..." Siglos murmured. He said nothing for a moment, his eyes purposely avoiding meeting her gaze.

"By the way...erm...d-did y-you...prepare t-the salad I o-ordered by a-any chance?"

Siglos noticed the innkeepers nervousness, which only served to make him more anxious, believing he had done something to make her uncomfortable.

"W-well...I-I'm glad it's not...t-too much of an inconvenience...a-at least..." Siglos murmured. He said nothing for a moment, his eyes purposely avoiding meeting her gaze.

"By the way...erm...d-did y-you...prepare t-the salad I o-ordered by a-any chance?"
Alexia's eyes widened, the woman removing her hand from her neck as she looked at Siglos.

"...S-..."

"You... ordered a... salad...?"

"Erm...t-thank you. I...u-understand you w-were...rather fatigued a-at the time..." Siglos said softly, rubbing a hand across his neck.

"I-is there a-anything I c-can order i-instead? I-I'm...n-not too picky."
"I... have some extra waffle batter.. From when I made breakfast for your two young friends... The black-haired one and the blonde." Alexia muttered, most likely referring to Shalor and Noah. "I don't know if you... like waffles, but I could make some."

"I... have some extra waffle batter.. From when I made breakfast for your two young friends... The black-haired one and the blonde." Alexia muttered, most likely referring to Shalor and Noah. "I don't know if you... like waffles, but I could make some."
A thin smile stretched across the young Everian’s lips.

“...I’m glad Noah is alright, all things considered...” Siglos thought. He hesitated, before shaking himself out of his thoughts.

“E-erm...waffles sounds...lovely, Alexia. C-can I have s-some...fruit a-as well? I-if y-you h-have any in stock...” He said softly.

A thin smile stretched across the young Everian’s lips.

“...I’m glad Noah is alright, all things considered...” Siglos thought. He hesitated, before shaking himself out of his thoughts.

“E-erm...waffles sounds...lovely, Alexia. C-can I have s-some...fruit a-as well? I-if y-you h-have any in stock...” He said softly.
"Don't worry, I think I still have some left... Not a lot of people really come here for my cooking, so, it's not like I'm ever really out of stock..." Alexia muttered, her expression drooping for only a split second before she looked up once again with an awkward smile.

Faith...

"How long have I been sitting here...?" A woman wondered, she was reasonably tall, her golden hair along with her royal blue cape allowed to hit the ground behind her, but the sturdiness behind the cape was due to the armored threads that made it's form, combined with the enchantments on it, it was just as sturdy as her own highly intricate armor, which in of itself was thick and sturdy, designed to deflect blows and enchanted to the point it was incredibly sturdy, full protection was provided due to the attachment it had to her enchanted chainmail underneath, and beneath that, incredibly absorbent and enchanted leather, and beneath that, enchanted cloth. The headpiece she wore held the signet of a Paladin, and around her waist was a pack held by belts, and on her left side her sheath was there, intricate as her armor, with a two-handed sword with a full metal make, the handle wrapped in leather and the guard and pommel were gold with gems in it, with clear lines that channeled holy power. In her chestpiece lay a small storage device, only large enough to fit a large sword by human standards, and it held her burden...

"Calm yourself Tathia. You're just about declared ready for field duty again..." Tathia said to herself, her blue eyes darkening as she touched a still-healing wound on her neck with a gauntleted hand, while a very clean wound, it certainly said some things since it hadn't regenerated either by magic, aura, or her own natural abilities in the months since what happened

She sighed and got up, no use spending this time doing nothing, and intense physical activity was off the table, but she certainly had an idea, Tathia left her room, it looked like an entire patrol of guards had been stationed outside of her room, Tathia sighed, even with her blade still attached to her hip she could hardly do anything, but she'd heard some things in the past couple of weeks, and she was nearly recovered too, so she spoke

"I'm headed to the library." Was her blunt response, it certainly wasn't a request as she moved to go to the library, she knew this cathedral like the back of her hand, being stuck there for nearly half a year certainly let her get used to the layout.

It didn't take very long for her to reach her destination, but the dozen guards tailing her could've been a distraction if she wasn't so used to it, she scanned around the library with her eyes, still the place was stunning, she'd been here multiple times, but this time she was looking for something specific that she couldn't find from just looking from the entrance, and searching the entire place from top to bottom would probably take multiple weeks with how many books and knowledge over ten thousand years held, it was no wonder that it was common to get lost here, so Tathia started to try to look for at least one of the staff

"Don't worry, I think I still have some left... Not a lot of people really come here for my cooking, so, it's not like I'm ever really out of stock..." Alexia muttered, her expression drooping for only a split second before she looked up once again with an awkward smile.
"...I-I'm sure y-your cooking is...l-lovely, Alexia. That...b-boar you p-prepared the o-other night was...q-quiet amazing!" Siglos said. He smiled softly, recalling the delicious scent of the meat as it was brought out to the lobby.

"...I-I'm sure y-your cooking is...l-lovely, Alexia. That...b-boar you p-prepared the o-other night was...q-quiet amazing!" Siglos said. He smiled softly, recalling the delicious scent of the meat as it was brought out to the lobby.
A thin smile would paint Alexia's expression, the woman awkwardly scratching her neck. A soft blush spread across her face, and it was clear that she took immense pride and joy in her cooking.

"Th-Thank you... That means... a lot to me." She said with a chuckle.

Yes... cooking. The act of creating food from specified ingredients and recipes. She'd been interested in it since she was a child... And she'd always loved it. Because when she would create something delicious from scratch... She got to see the smiles on the faces of those she'd serve. That was the essence of her cooking.

"Alex... This is delicious! I didn't know you could cook so well, babe!"

"Hehe... I uh- I can cook for you everyday. I-If you'd want me to! Th-That is."

"I'd love that, Alex! Seriously, have you ever thought about opening a restaurant if you ever stop working for the church? You could sell stuff like this for a fortune!"

"W-Well... If you'd work there with me, I might consider it..."

"Of course! I'll definitely quit my job for you and work 24 hours a day 7 days a week! Haha!"

"Hehe... You're... so funny, Garhan.."

"I'm serious! It'll be the biggest joint in town! All the Everian Kings and Queen's will be eating your food! We can name it after the baby!"

"G-Garhan, you're serious about this...? You... you think my cooking is really that good...?"

"Your cooking is the best, my love. I know it's always been your dream to share it with the world! Stop working as an Inquisitor and follow your dreams... My darling Alex."

"G-Garhan... I... I... Y-Yes! Let's do it!"

"Hahaha! I love you, baby!"

"I l-love you to, Garhan! W-We can really do this!"

"Just imagine it, Alex! You could really make it big out there!"

"Y-Yeah... Yeah! I can do it!"

"Of course you can, darling. 'Cause you're the best Mage and the best cook in the world..."

"Hehehe... Thank you, Garhan... Thank you so... much."

Yes.

How nice it would be to relive that moment she had with him as many times as she could...

That dream.

"A... whole lot."

A thin smile would paint Alexia's expression, the woman awkwardly scratching her neck. A soft blush spread across her face, and it was clear that she took immense pride and joy in her cooking.

"Th-Thank you... That means... a lot to me." She said with a chuckle.

Yes... cooking. The act of creating food from specified ingredients and recipes. She'd been interested in it since she was a child... And she'd always loved it. Because when she would create something delicious from scratch... She got to see the smiles on the faces of those she'd serve. That was the essence of her cooking.

"Alex... This is delicious! I didn't know you could cook so well, babe!"

"Hehe... I uh- I can cook for you everyday. I-If you'd want me to! Th-That is."

"I'd love that, Alex! Seriously, have you ever thought about opening a restaurant if you ever stop working for the church? You could sell stuff like this for a fortune!"

"W-Well... If you'd work there with me, I might consider it..."

"Of course! I'll definitely quit my job for you and work 24 hours a day 7 days a week! Haha!"

"Hehe... You're... so funny, Garhan.."

"I'm serious! It'll be the biggest joint in town! All the Everian Kings and Queen's will be eating your food! We can name it after the baby!"

"G-Garhan, you're serious about this...? You... you think my cooking is really that good...?"

"Your cooking is the best, my love. I know it's always been your dream to share it with the world! Stop working as an Inquisitor and follow your dreams... My darling Alex."

"G-Garhan... I... I... Y-Yes! Let's do it!"

"Hahaha! I love you, baby!"

"I l-love you to, Garhan! W-We can really do this!"

"Just imagine it, Alex! You could really make it big out there!"

"Y-Yeah... Yeah! I can do it!"

"Of course you can, darling. 'Cause you're the best Mage and the best cook in the world..."

"Hehehe... Thank you, Garhan... Thank you so... much."

Yes.

How nice it would be to relive that moment she had with him as many times as she could...

That dream.

"A... whole lot."
Siglos flashed her a soft smile, pleased that Alexia seemed to like his compliment.

“... It's m-my pleasure, Alexia. I would l-love to t-try...a-anything y-you can make...” He said softly.

"Don't worry about it, hehe, the funny thing about all of this is that probably compared to our ages, I could tell that I was born yesterday, so I haven't tried that many things yet" Noah joked, after all she was extremely young by Dragon and Everians standards
"You strike me as an individual with determination, Noah. I have no doubt that you'll end up finding what it is that you really want to do."

Faith...

"How long have I been sitting here...?" A woman wondered, she was reasonably tall, her golden hair along with her royal blue cape allowed to hit the ground behind her, but the sturdiness behind the cape was due to the armored threads that made it's form, combined with the enchantments on it, it was just as sturdy as her own highly intricate armor, which in of itself was thick and sturdy, designed to deflect blows and enchanted to the point it was incredibly sturdy, full protection was provided due to the attachment it had to her enchanted chainmail underneath, and beneath that, incredibly absorbent and enchanted leather, and beneath that, enchanted cloth. The headpiece she wore held the signet of a Paladin, and around her waist was a pack held by belts, and on her left side her sheath was there, intricate as her armor, with a two-handed sword with a full metal make, the handle wrapped in leather and the guard and pommel were gold with gems in it, with clear lines that channeled holy power. In her chestpiece lay a small storage device, only large enough to fit a large sword by human standards, and it held her burden...

"Calm yourself Tathia. You're just about declared ready for field duty again..." Tathia said to herself, her blue eyes darkening as she touched a still-healing wound on her neck with a gauntleted hand, while a very clean wound, it certainly said some things since it hadn't regenerated either by magic, aura, or her own natural abilities in the months since what happened

She sighed and got up, no use spending this time doing nothing, and intense physical activity was off the table, but she certainly had an idea, Tathia left her room, it looked like an entire patrol of guards had been stationed outside of her room, Tathia sighed, even with her blade still attached to her hip she could hardly do anything, but she'd heard some things in the past couple of weeks, and she was nearly recovered too, so she spoke

"I'm headed to the library." Was her blunt response, it certainly wasn't a request as she moved to go to the library, she knew this cathedral like the back of her hand, being stuck there for nearly half a year certainly let her get used to the layout.

It didn't take very long for her to reach her destination, but the dozen guards tailing her could've been a distraction if she wasn't so used to it, she scanned around the library with her eyes, still the place was stunning, she'd been here multiple times, but this time she was looking for something specific that she couldn't find from just looking from the entrance, and searching the entire place from top to bottom would probably take multiple weeks with how many books and knowledge over ten thousand years held, it was no wonder that it was common to get lost here, so Tathia started to try to look for at least one of the staff
Tathia moved and eventually found at least someone who should know their way around

"Do you know where the books about Artifacts are?" Tathia asked, to which the staff abridged and lead her there, it was at the very inner corner of the library, and they used Magic to life her and her guards up to the top level

"You may want to pick a book, I'll be here awhile." Tathia notified the guards, picking out a book about holy Artifacts and beginning to flip through the pages, a one-handed sword, a crystal hammer, a Twin-bow, a two-handed axe...

Tathia sighed in frustration, so many Artifacts, but none were what she was looking for, and only four! It was like their entire history was recorded in just that one book!

Tathia breathed out and put the book back into its place, taking out another holy artifact book, this one at least had a two-handed sword in it, but nowhere near what she was looking for...

And so she looked...

And looked...

And looked...

If this went on much longer she'd miss her daily check-up and so she sighed, shed gotten through over three dozen books, some holding even two dozen artifacts and about a ton in weight from size and the sheer lore contained within, and not a single damn one had what she was looking for

"Can one of you please float me down?" Tathia asked the guards, one of which nodded in recognition and used Magic to float her down to surface-level safely

It was then that Tathia began walking fast and was being followed just as fast, nodding and waving in thanks to whom had helped her, and she left to go to her room, and she went in, the guards not following her, and just... sat on her bed, neatly made, with more sheets then most, the sheets were a nice royal blue, and it was but thirty seconds to where her door was knocked on

"Come in..." Tathia said, her voice pure neutral

The door opened, and in walked what was essentially a healer, a female, who simply moved to sit on the chair that Tathia had at her desk

"Apologies for keeping you from... well whatever you do with so much free time." She said, smiling at the Paladin

"Various things... what specifically do you want to look at?" Tathia responded

"Your wounds, and how you're doing both physically... and mentally." The healer responded as Tathia began to get her gauntlets and boots off, pretty much entirely removing her layered armor, which took awhile, while the healer looked from a distance, at least none of the numerous unhealed wounds still there were bleeding, though numerous scars were all across Tathia's body

"Jeez... i knew it was bad but wow..." the healer murmured as she gave her check-up, but the most surprising thing was that Tathia mentally seemed perfectly fine, Indomitable will indeed, but her physical state and fitness were minorly deteriorating

"All right, let me write a list of exercises to do, they shouldn't make you bleed and they'll get you In shape, okay?"

"Yeah..." Tathia said, shaking her said solemnly

The bright morning sun illuminated the stone walls of the Colosseum, bathing the large arena in its beautiful light. People crowded within the cramped seats circling the perimeter, looking down into the arena with a clear, almost palpable excitement. This was a big day, after all, the day of one of the most anticipated match-ups of recent memory.

The Mythical Monk vs The King Tiger. A title match that had brought people from across the local areas to watch. The sound of chatter echoed across the stands; many people betting their day's earnings on the results of the fight, while others used the opportunity to catch up with friends and relatives who had joined them to watch. Others still busied themselves eating the food they had bought, some aspiring merchants having set up food stands near the entrance.

An announcer took his spot in the center of a large, elevated stage near the edge of the arena, clad in smooth, silken robes. They fiddled with an object in their hand for a moment, before holding it above their mouth. It was a sound amplifier traded to him by an Everian merchant who had passed through the town years prior.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Today, we have a match for the ages!" The sound blanked the area, the crowd slowly growing quiet as the event began.

"In this corner! The man of wonders! A martial artist whose technique is nothing less the SUBLIME. With genius said to be blessed by the goddess herself! With a record of 40 wins and zero losses, presenting..."

A man walked out from a doorway at the edge of the ring, his feet landing deftly on the ground below with every step. His movements were lithe, with a level of ease that seemed unnatural for any mortal man to perform. He halted in front of the ring for a moment, before lowering his head, bowing respectfully to the arena before he welcomed himself into it.

"THE MYTHICAL MONK!!!"

Law rolled his eyes, stretching his limber body. He found the title they had given him...undesirable, to say the least. He'd rather do away with those silly epithets they insisted on applying to their high-profile fighters, but it was an annoyance he had long since grown to tolerate. Unlike most fighters, he had no desire for the fame or fortune that could be earned in such a place. No, he was what one would call a "seeker": a man who fights, only to prove himself as the strongest in the land. For too long, humans have lagged behind the Rakshashin in terms of raw martial skill...and Law sought to show them just how far a human could climb.

But...those were thoughts for another time. He steadied his breathing, waiting for the arrival of his next opponent. In the distance, the announcer tapped his enchanted orb, clearing his throat.

"And in this corner! A man who took the arena by storm by single-handedly slaying the Ptolomea Tiger! With a record 15 wins and zero losses...."

In a blur of motion, a figure LEAPED over the walls of the arena, the audience craning their neck upward to watch. A mixture of surprise and amazement spread across them, watching as they soured through the air, tucking their body into a flip before landing with a loud thud in the center of the arena, their feet skidding across the sand floor.

His bronzed flesh shown brightly in the morning light, the mark of a man well used to working under the burning sun of the goddess. Muscular flesh rippled across every inch of his body. From the bulging, skin of his biceps, contracting and extending with every minor movement of his arms, to the solid, impossible thick musculature of his chest, resembling more of a wall of honed, thick armor, than a normal man's skin. His abdominals were that of sculpted stone, a thick, rippling 8-pack that displayed nearly unmatched physical conditioning; core strength that would put any normal athlete or warrior to shame. His thick, tree-trunk-like legs shared a similar level of condition, denser and more powerful than even the mightiest of stallions.

His torso was bare, free of any clothing or adornment, showing off the many, many scars he had collected from years of conflict. They stretched across his body, zigzagging across his arms and legs, decorating him in their unique pattern. Only his back remained unmarred, the thick wall of flesh unbent by blow and sword alike.

His only clothing of note, outside of a basic pair of armored shorts, was his helmet. A decorated, white-dyed piece of armor that covered much of his upper face. A long, black ponytail flowed out from an opening near the back, a custom addition he had asked for himself during its forging. The helmets cover somewhat obscured his appearance, yet it was clear he was quite youthful, likely only in his later twenties, his clear flesh unmarred by age.

He raised a calloused hand, pointing towards the sky above. He inhaled for a moment, before letting out a shout, his deep voice echoing across the walls of the ring.

"THE KING TIGER, HAS ARRIVED." The man yelled, before the announcer could finish his speech. The announcer looked...slightly annoyed by this, but continued with his speech.

"...Ahem The King Tiger, Everyone. With both fighters in the arena, the match of the year can finally begin!" The Announcer said.

Law’s lip curled into a sneer, the martial artist glaring at the boisterous muscle man as he worked the crowd.

“...Foolish...” He thought. those were the best words to describe this idiot. He had encountered many of his kind during his long martial arts journey. Boastful, arrogant, believing themselves invincible from harm or death.

And one by one...he had knocked them down. With a small sigh, he stepped his lead leg forward, before bending his knee ever so slightly, assuming his stance. A single fist was outstretched, the other arm held near his side.

King Tiger, as if on queue, glanced over at the man, seeming to notice him for the first time. He flashed me a wide smile.

“...Hope ya ready for me man. Because the KING doesn't pull his punches!” King Tiger said loudly. He lowered his center of gravity slightly, putting his arms in front of him, assuming what appeared to be a grappling stance. Thought...it was noticeably more upright than any folk wrestling style Law had seen.

“Talk is cheap...” Law muttered, rolling his eyes. He tightened his stance, his fist already coating itself in a thin layer of aura.

ARE BOTH FIGHTERS AT THE READY?” the announcer called out. The King Tiger smiled, breaking stance for a moment to give the man a thumbs up. Law simply nodded, his attention unwavering.

"THEN LET THE MATCH OF THE DAY...BEGIN!" The announcer shouted. A loud, sharp noise accompanied his declaration, the banging of a powerful instrument.

And with that....it began.

a few hours later, in the outskirts of town

A man dragged himself into the nearby forest, panting lightly as he walked amongst the trees. He continued to walk for a few, long moments...before reaching an open field. He glanced around for a moment, and ensuring he was alone...collapsed against a tree, pressing a hand against his ribs.

"...That ******* smarts..." He muttered. They were broken. One...two...three...no, at least six of them, the man being able to feel the broken remnants of their structure press against his bruised, tanned skin. With his free hand, he undid his ponytail, his black hair spilling freely across his cheeks.

"...Never fought a dude who could move like that...how the hell did he get so strong..." The man muttered to himself. He took a tired, shaky breath pressing his back against the bark of the tree. He was lucky. While he may have surpassed him in raw strength, the man had a...frightening mastery over aura, in addition to sharper techniques than he'd ever experienced before. Each hit had felt as though he was being struck by a sword, penetrating his armor-like flesh with frightening ease. It was only through luck that he had managed to break the man's foot, during their last exchange...something which had ended up giving him the victory at the last moment. He winced ever so slightly, still feeling the lingering discomfort of the man's last kick against his jaw. He suppose he should be lucky that hadn't broken, as well...he wouldn't have been able to give his victory speech if the man had fully shattered it.

Though...objectively speaking, he shouldn't have been moving at all. Even aside from his broken ribs, he had sustained enough internal injury that any sane doctor would have put him on bed rest. At least until a suitable healing potion had been prepared.

But he was never one to sit on his hands.

Slowly, he moved himself off the tree, placing his hands on the soft, grassy terrain below. Laying onto his chest, he hesitated for a single moment, before lifting his battered, injured body off the ground.

“...One...”

“...Two...”

“....Three...”

The bright morning sun illuminated the stone walls of the Colosseum, bathing the large arena in its beautiful light. People crowded within the cramped seats circling the perimeter, looking down into the arena with a clear, almost palpable excitement. This was a big day, after all, the day of one of the most anticipated match-ups of recent memory.

The Mythical Monk vs The King Tiger. A title match that had brought people from across the local areas to watch. The sound of chatter echoed across the stands; many people betting their day's earnings on the results of the fight, while others used the opportunity to catch up with friends and relatives who had joined them to watch. Others still busied themselves eating the food they had bought, some aspiring merchants having set up food stands near the entrance.

An announcer took his spot in the center of a large, elevated stage near the edge of the arena, clad in smooth, silken robes. They fiddled with an object in their hand for a moment, before holding it above their mouth. It was a sound amplifier traded to him by an Everian merchant who had passed through the town years prior.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Today, we have a match for the ages!" The sound blanked the area, the crowd slowly growing quiet as the event began.

"In this corner! The man of wonders! A martial artist whose technique is nothing less the SUBLIME. With genius said to be blessed by the goddess herself! With a record of 40 wins and zero losses, presenting..."

A man walked out from a doorway at the edge of the ring, his feet landing deftly on the ground below with every step. His movements were lithe, with a level of ease that seemed unnatural for any mortal man to perform. He halted in front of the ring for a moment, before lowering his head, bowing respectfully to the arena before he welcomed himself into it.

"THE MYTHICAL MONK!!!"

Law rolled his eyes, stretching his limber body. He found the title they had given him...undesirable, to say the least. He'd rather do away with those silly epithets they insisted on applying to their high-profile fighters, but it was an annoyance he had long since grown to tolerate. Unlike most fighters, he had no desire for the fame or fortune that could be earned in such a place. No, he was what one would call a "seeker": a man who fights, only to prove himself as the strongest in the land. For too long, humans have lagged behind the Rakshashin in terms of raw martial skill...and Law sought to show them just how far a human could climb.

But...those were thoughts for another time. He steadied his breathing, waiting for the arrival of his next opponent. In the distance, the announcer tapped his enchanted orb, clearing his throat.

"And in this corner! A man who took the arena by storm by single-handedly slaying the Ptolomea Tiger! With a record 15 wins and zero losses...."

In a blur of motion, a figure LEAPED over the walls of the arena, the audience craning their neck upward to watch. A mixture of surprise and amazement spread across them, watching as they soured through the air, tucking their body into a flip before landing with a loud thud in the center of the arena, their feet skidding across the sand floor.

His bronzed flesh shown brightly in the morning light, the mark of a man well used to working under the burning sun of the goddess. Muscular flesh rippled across every inch of his body. From the bulging, skin of his biceps, contracting and extending with every minor movement of his arms, to the solid, impossible thick musculature of his chest, resembling more of a wall of honed, thick armor, than a normal man's skin. His abdominals were that of sculpted stone, a thick, rippling 8-pack that displayed nearly unmatched physical conditioning; core strength that would put any normal athlete or warrior to shame. His thick, tree-trunk-like legs shared a similar level of condition, denser and more powerful than even the mightiest of stallions.

His torso was bare, free of any clothing or adornment, showing off the many, many scars he had collected from years of conflict. They stretched across his body, zigzagging across his arms and legs, decorating him in their unique pattern. Only his back remained unmarred, the thick wall of flesh unbent by blow and sword alike.

His only clothing of note, outside of a basic pair of armored shorts, was his helmet. A decorated, white-dyed piece of armor that covered much of his upper face. A long, black ponytail flowed out from an opening near the back, a custom addition he had asked for himself during its forging. The helmets cover somewhat obscured his appearance, yet it was clear he was quite youthful, likely only in his later twenties, his clear flesh unmarred by age.

He raised a calloused hand, pointing towards the sky above. He inhaled for a moment, before letting out a shout, his deep voice echoing across the walls of the ring.

"THE KING TIGER, HAS ARRIVED." The man yelled, before the announcer could finish his speech. The announcer looked...slightly annoyed by this, but continued with his speech.

"...Ahem The King Tiger, Everyone. With both fighters in the arena, the match of the year can finally begin!" The Announcer said.

Law’s lip curled into a sneer, the martial artist glaring at the boisterous muscle man as he worked the crowd.

“...Foolish...” He thought. those were the best words to describe this idiot. He had encountered many of his kind during his long martial arts journey. Boastful, arrogant, believing themselves invincible from harm or death.

And one by one...he had knocked them down. With a small sigh, he stepped his lead leg forward, before bending his knee ever so slightly, assuming his stance. A single fist was outstretched, the other arm held near his side.

King Tiger, as if on queue, glanced over at the man, seeming to notice him for the first time. He flashed me a wide smile.

“...Hope ya ready for me man. Because the KING doesn't pull his punches!” King Tiger said loudly. He lowered his center of gravity slightly, putting his arms in front of him, assuming what appeared to be a grappling stance. Thought...it was noticeably more upright than any folk wrestling style Law had seen.

“Talk is cheap...” Law muttered, rolling his eyes. He tightened his stance, his fist already coating itself in a thin layer of aura.

ARE BOTH FIGHTERS AT THE READY?” the announcer called out. The King Tiger smiled, breaking stance for a moment to give the man a thumbs up. Law simply nodded, his attention unwavering.

"THEN LET THE MATCH OF THE DAY...BEGIN!" The announcer shouted. A loud, sharp noise accompanied his declaration, the banging of a powerful instrument.

And with that....it began.

a few hours later, in the outskirts of town

A man dragged himself into the nearby forest, panting lightly as he walked amongst the trees. He continued to walk for a few, long moments...before reaching an open field. He glanced around for a moment, and ensuring he was alone...collapsed against a tree, pressing a hand against his ribs.

"...That ******* smarts..." He muttered. They were broken. One...two...three...no, at least six of them, the man being able to feel the broken remnants of their structure press against his bruised, tanned skin. With his free hand, he undid his ponytail, his black hair spilling freely across his cheeks.

"...Never fought a dude who could move like that...how the hell did he get so strong..." The man muttered to himself. He took a tired, shaky breath pressing his back against the bark of the tree. He was lucky. While he may have surpassed him in raw strength, the man had a...frightening mastery over aura, in addition to sharper techniques than he'd ever experienced before. Each hit had felt as though he was being struck by a sword, penetrating his armor-like flesh with frightening ease. It was only through luck that he had managed to break the man's foot, during their last exchange...something which had ended up giving him the victory at the last moment. He winced ever so slightly, still feeling the lingering discomfort of the man's last kick against his jaw. He suppose he should be lucky that hadn't broken, as well...he wouldn't have been able to give his victory speech if the man had fully shattered it.

Though...objectively speaking, he shouldn't have been moving at all. Even aside from his broken ribs, he had sustained enough internal injury that any sane doctor would have put him on bed rest. At least until a suitable healing potion had been prepared.

But he was never one to sit on his hands.

Slowly, he moved himself off the tree, placing his hands on the soft, grassy terrain below. Laying onto his chest, he hesitated for a single moment, before lifting his battered, injured body off the ground.

“...One...”

“...Two...”

“....Three...”
(The Prince Kitten!)

Back