• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Fair" She said before going to ask the owner

"Hello and Good morning, my friends and I are seeing if there is a sharpener here good enough for my partner's weapon, have you one?" Noah said with respect to the Owner
The shop keep glanced up from behind his desk, his sapphire colored eyes meeting with Noah's. He was a young (seemingly) Everian with flowing bright blue hair that flowed down below his shoulder blades. He was quite muscular visibly through his clothes, evident from countless hours spent in the forge, tempering his previously fragile body far beyond the average Everian. A cigar was held between his lips, the man removing it and blowing out a puff of smoke from his smooth lips.

"Yeah... Got one of those. What's this weapon you need sharpened?" He asked. His voice was deep, but also high-pitched at the same time.

Kargath worked the extremely intricate method his bladefist was kept to his arm, surprisingly precise as he got it off in a method that would take at minimum 10 individuals normally without his will, removing it to reveal a bandaged stump

"This one." He said as Shalor curiously looked at it

Kargath worked the extremely intricate method his bladefist was kept to his arm, surprisingly precise as he got it off in a method that would take at minimum 10 individuals normally without his will, removing it to reveal a bandaged stump

"This one." He said as Shalor curiously looked at it
The shopkeep eyed the the bladefist, narrowing his gaze slightly. He placed his cigar in between his lips once more, taking a short, sweet huff, before removing the cigar once more, blowing out a small cloud of smoke as he stood up straight.

"I can sharpen it but it'll cost ya..."

Kargath reached in and dumped down a large Tusk turned into a horn, a searing-hot metal stick kept in a container, and about ten gold pieces from one pocket

"The rest have more of the same, except materials, not items." Kargath said, looking at Noah in case they did actually need gold and not what essentially stuff to make shit with

The man glanced down at the money, crossing his arms. "For a weapon this big, that ain't enough cash. Though I might be swayed with a bit more, if you have anymore dough on hand..."
"Your call." Kargath said to Noah, but observing Shalor he asked another question

"How much are your two-handed maces?" Kargath asked, recognizing Shalor's considerable strength

"Your call." Kargath said to Noah, but observing Shalor he asked another question

"How much are your two-handed maces?" Kargath asked, recognizing Shalor's considerable strength
"Maces? 'Could check in the back, but, don't think I've made any Maces in quite a while. Nobody in Aegis buys crap like that, not anymore, at least..." The shopkeep said with a light shrug.
"I just hope make it look like a New Weapon" Noah said with a sigh as she handed over the rest of the coins.
"Now we're in business..." The shopkeep said with a smirk, "Should take me about an hour to get the job done right, if I put some elbow-grease into it..."

"Maces? 'Could check in the back, but, don't think I've made any Maces in quite a while. Nobody in Aegis buys crap like that, not anymore, at least..." The shopkeep said with a light shrug.

"Now we're in business..." The shopkeep said with a smirk, "Should take me about an hour to get the job done right, if I put some elbow-grease into it..."
"If given the materials, how much would you make and sell one for?" Kargath asked, intrigued

The shopkeep held the enormous bladefist in his right hand, a thin, invisible layer of mana coalescing around his body. He effortlessly lifted it up and down, testing its weight and examining it a bit further for a few moments, before nodding.

"Nevermind what I said before, sharpening this beast should talk less an hour and more like 45 minutes."

The shopkeep held the enormous bladefist in his right hand, a thin, invisible layer of mana coalescing around his body. He effortlessly lifted it up and down, testing its weight and examining it a bit further for a few moments, before nodding.

"Nevermind what I said before, sharpening this beast should talk less an hour and more like 45 minutes."
"I keep it in good condition." Kargath simply said

"I can see that..." The man said, before turning to the side with the thing in hand. Swiftly, he moved over to his forge, manifesting a chair to sit down in.

"The thing's pretty chipped and all and all there's a bunch of rust and dried blood as well. Sure you don't want me to just completely clean it up?"

Kargath shook his head "I will have someone else in our party do that, or I'll do it myself. Either way, i will see what you do with interest." Kargath said, given time, he could rather easily copy the smith's style of sharpening, his precision was certainly enough to repair it himself, he just lacked some of the technical skill, which he'd get here, by watching, and waiting.

The man glanced at Kargath, sighing and shrugging.

"Well, whatever. I'll need to get rid of some of the rust anyway..." He said, mana beginning to gently coalesce around his hands. In merely a few moments, a large, black whetstone appeared out of nowhere, floating in the air, a thin layer of oil already applied to the stone upon creation. The man, holding the bladefist by the back of its blade, gently placed the rusted edge against the stone at an acute angle, adjusting every once and a while. With a slow, careful, and precise movement, he gently ran the blade against the stone. His technique, albeit basic at first glance, contained countless hours of experience, centuries even, the man had clearly been perfecting his art since a young age, and completely replicating it would prove a difficult challenge as he carefully polished the edge.

"Wish you'd let me get rid of all this rust and blood... Would make things a lot easier." He whispered, more to himself than anything, before shutting his mouth and focusing completely on his task, his eyes not breaking away from the blade being carefully polished against the large stone.

"Then do it, if it'll be faster overall." Kargath muttered in response, he was extremely focused, seeing even the most minor of movements, he smiled a little to himself, he hadn't seen an Everian tidy up a weapon before, usually for Orcs it was with a stone or simply using the elements to rapidly sharpen it, and he was no Shaman

The man gave no response to Kargath, not even registering his existence, in his own little world as he did his work. His eyes were completely focused on the blade and the whetstone before him, expertly polishing the dulled and rusted edge. With each movement, the edge became thinner, more refined, even if only by a micrometer with each movement against the stone, progress was being made, even if incredibly minute at this point in the progress and with the rust getting in the way of his movement.

Around 40 minutes later...

The man had mostly completed the process of sharpening Kargath's bladefist. The rust, while it was indeed a hurdle, didn't hinder his progress all that much, he would remove it when needed and left the damage that had plagued other parts of the blade to be fixed by whoever the large Orc man had mentioned was in his party. The edge was thin, but not fragile, compared to the condition previously it was clear that the cutting power had been boosted considerably.

"Haaa...." Letting out a breath, the whetstone dissipated into the air, the man grabbing the object by the back of its blade.

"Done. Should be able to cut... most things, now. Shit's sharpened to a T."

Back