• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"......"

"It depends. There are several enchantments which do several different things, so there's no one thing it can do." She explained as the thing began to gently rotate in front of them.
"W-well...e-erm..." He hesitated, before flashing her a small, shaky smile.

"...I-I'd love t-to hear...m-more about them...i-if your...willing to share..." Siglos said softly. He figured he would delay his nap for a bit, hoping Alexia would eventually drop by with his meal in the meantime.

"I'll go with them." Kargath said through the window, just loud enough for them to hear him
"A-Alright... Do try not to draw attention, you uh... look even more intimidating than the large Rakshashin lady. And you're... bigger." Alexia said with an awkward chuckle.
"W-well...e-erm..." He hesitated, before flashing her a small, shaky smile.

"...I-I'd love t-to hear...m-more about them...i-if your...willing to share..." Siglos said softly. He figured he would delay his nap for a bit, hoping Alexia would eventually drop by with his meal in the meantime.
"....." Cain was silent for a few moments, before letting out a tiny, short sigh. She pointed to a set of runes on one of the blades.

"This one right here is a spell that multiplies the pain dealt by whatever gets cut by the blades by a set amount." She explained, "I can increase up to about 100 times ones normal pain threshold... But that costs a lot of mana, so I usually have this one deactivated."

She then pointed to another set of runes.

"This one increases the rate at which blood is lost from whatever it cuts. The longer the wound remains unhealed, the faster the blood pours out. This one costs less mana, so I have it active at all times." She explained, "It's good for bloodletting when you've been affected by a poison..."

(i thought that Sylvia was bigger than Kargath)
(Sylvia is 14 feet, Kargath is like 20 feat and also is just wider and bigger boned.)
"A-Alright... Do try not to draw attention, you uh... look even more intimidating than the large Rakshashin lady. And you're... bigger." Alexia said with an awkward chuckle.
"I'll be fine." Kargath said as Shalor seemed happy to be going someplace

"....." Cain was silent for a few moments, before letting out a tiny, short sigh. She pointed to a set of runes on one of the blades.

"This one right here is a spell that multiplies the pain dealt by whatever gets cut by the blades by a set amount." She explained, "I can increase up to about 100 times ones normal pain threshold... But that costs a lot of mana, so I usually have this one deactivated."

She then pointed to another set of runes.

"This one increases the rate at which blood is lost from whatever it cuts. The longer the wound remains unhealed, the faster the blood pours out. This one costs less mana, so I have it active at all times." She explained, "It's good for bloodletting when you've been affected by a poison..."
"...A...s-sense m-manipulating e-enchantment y-you say...?" Siglos said softly. He seemed a bit...agitated, at that, his ears beginning to twitch as he stared down at the first rune she had pointed at.

"...I-in...u-uh...w-what s-situations w-would y-you...use s-something like t-that...?"

Kargath simply walked behind Noah, his jet black and oily hair clashing with his pale skin, he was silent and didn't much care for the society of Everians, so he simply walked onward

Shalor looked at Noah "What do you think the weapons would look like?" Shalor asked

Kargath simply walked behind Noah, his jet black and oily hair clashing with his pale skin, he was silent and didn't much care for the society of Everians, so he simply walked onward

Shalor looked at Noah "What do you think the weapons would look like?" Shalor asked
"I don't know but I always have this feeling that the Everians are mostly bow users like 45% Bows and the rest are various different types of weapons"

"Okay, let's go guys" Said the dragoness to start moving
"I won't be able to accompany you, but, have a safe trip...!" Alexia said, waving goodbye.
"...A...s-sense m-manipulating e-enchantment y-you say...?" Siglos said softly. He seemed a bit...agitated, at that, his ears beginning to twitch as he stared down at the first rune she had pointed at.

"...I-in...u-uh...w-what s-situations w-would y-you...use s-something like t-that...?"
"When I want somebody to suffer." Cain said bluntly, "Or when I want to see them scream..."

"When I want somebody to suffer." Cain said bluntly, "Or when I want to see them scream..."
"......" a sharp, shiver trailed down Siglos's flesh, the Everian fighting the urge to take a step away from the woman.

"...When I want somebody to suffer." The words rang in his ears, worming their way into his thoughts...unlocking memories he had rather not recall. The way his father would brand him with his mana, the substance coating his very nerves as they bent to the man's whims. How he could burn him with a gesture...without even scorching his flesh. Force him to experience the blow of a hand...without leaving even a semblance of a mark.

"......"

"...C-Cain...." Siglos said. His voice wavered, barely even a whisper.

"...H-how m-many...p-people...h-have y-you...u-used t-that on...?"

"......" a sharp, shiver trailed down Siglos's flesh, the Everian fighting the urge to take a step away from the woman.

"...When I want somebody to suffer." The words rang in his ears, worming their way into his thoughts...unlocking memories he had rather not recall. The way his father would brand him with his mana, the substance coating his very nerves as they bent to the man's whims. How he could burn him with a gesture...without even scorching his flesh. Force him to experience the blow of a hand...without leaving even a semblance of a mark.

"......"

"...C-Cain...." Siglos said. His voice wavered, barely even a whisper.

"...H-how m-many...p-people...h-have y-you...u-used t-that on...?"
Cain glanced over at Siglos, her eyes narrowing. "Why's that relevant...?"

Cain glanced over at Siglos, her eyes narrowing. "Why's that relevant...?"
"..............." Siglos said nothing for a few, tense moments. He took a shaky breath, trying to stop the fear he felt from showing on his face.

"...I-it's...i-it's...n-nothing. I-I'm...I....I'm s-sorry f-for..." Siglos trailed off, taking a small step back.

"...A-asking..."

"..............." Siglos said nothing for a few, tense moments. He took a shaky breath, trying to stop the fear he felt from showing on his face.

"...I-it's...i-it's...n-nothing. I-I'm...I....I'm s-sorry f-for..." Siglos trailed off, taking a small step back.

"...A-asking..."
"......." Cain let out a sigh.

"Go to sleep, Siglos." She said, standing up straight.

"Your lack of rest is clouding your head."

"......." Cain let out a sigh.

"Go to sleep, Siglos." She said, standing up straight.

"Your lack of rest is clouding your head."
"...Y-yeah...T-tired...I-I...I'm j-just...t-tired..." Siglos murmured. He hesitated for a moment, before returning to his bed, wrapping himself in the covers. Forcing his eyes to close, he took several, deep breaths, attempting to calm himself enough to sleep.

"...Y-yeah...T-tired...I-I...I'm j-just...t-tired..." Siglos murmured. He hesitated for a moment, before returning to his bed, wrapping himself in the covers. Forcing his eyes to close, he took several, deep breaths, attempting to calm himself enough to sleep.
"...You sure you'll be able to sleep when you can barely control your breathing...?" Cain muttered.

"...You sure you'll be able to sleep when you can barely control your breathing...?" Cain muttered.
"....D-don't m-mind me. I...I...I've...e-erm...n-never...s-seen a-a....w-weapon l-like t-that before...s-so I g-got...e-excited..." Siglos murmured, his face covered by the bedsheets.

"...I...I j-just need t-to...c-calm down...t-that's...t-that's all..." Siglos murmured. He went back to breathing, taking another slow, deep inhale.

"....D-don't m-mind me. I...I...I've...e-erm...n-never...s-seen a-a....w-weapon l-like t-that before...s-so I g-got...e-excited..." Siglos murmured, his face covered by the bedsheets.

"...I...I j-just need t-to...c-calm down...t-that's...t-that's all..." Siglos murmured. He went back to breathing, taking another slow, deep inhale.
"...Excited, huh...?" Cain muttered, sighing. She knew that wasn't the reason why, that much was impossibly obvious, but, she felt no need to pry.

"I haven't slept in a few days since we got to Aegis, so I'll hit the hay as well... I'm blowing out the candles..." She said as she moved over to her bed.

"...Excited, huh...?" Cain muttered, sighing. She knew that wasn't the reason why, that much was impossibly obvious, but, she felt no need to pry.

"I haven't slept in a few days since we got to Aegis, so I'll hit the hay as well... I'm blowing out the candles..." She said as she moved over to her bed.
“....” Siglos said nothing for a few, long moments, simply breathing out.

“...H-have a...n-nice r-rest...” Siglos murmured, his voice hollow. He shifted himself in his bed, pressing his cheek into a pillow.

“....” Siglos said nothing for a few, long moments, simply breathing out.

“...H-have a...n-nice r-rest...” Siglos murmured, his voice hollow. He shifted himself in his bed, pressing his cheek into a pillow.
"....."

As Cain went to blow out the candles, she spoke.

"When I was younger..."

"One of my siblings discovered a good technique to sleep more comfortably. When you're... frightened, or shaken."

"You... sleep without the covers on. And hug your pillow, or... whatever. And pretend it's someone you care about. And... want to be with."

"...And it helps you sleep better... when you think that person is with you, keeping you warm in the cold."

"....."

"....I dunno. It might help."

The sound of Cain rustling into her covers emanated as she stopped speaking.

...And the girl closed her eyes.

Siglos didn't respond, letting the darkness wash over him as Cain blew out the candles. He...hadn't excepted Cain to give him advice, the surprise he felt momentarily throwing off the pattern of deep, slow breaths he had tried to cultivate.

“...Want to be with...” Siglos repeated in his mind. He did nothing for several, long moments, before slowly slipping the covers off of his body, adjusting his body so that he lay on top of them.

“....” Siglos took a deep breath, before grabbing the pillow from his bed, and pressing it against his face and upper chest. He tried to focus. The warmth of her skin...the softness of her stomach, the gentle swells of her breathing. Her emerald gaze, looking down at him...her powerful arm, wrapped around his body. He breathed in deeply, imagining the unique scent of her sweater, as she pressed him against it, imagining her hand, slowly ruffling his hair.

“...My emerald...” Siglos murmured. He took another, deep breath, his heart rate slowly, but surely beginning to ease. Exhaustion began to take hold of his flesh, seeping into his very bones as the stress of the day began to catch up with him. Gradually...slowly...his breathing grew even, as he slipped into a dreamless sleep.

@DaReaperMan @Oliver_de_jesus

As the two traversed Aegis, they would find that shops that sold weapons specifically were quite scarce. And the ones that did were quite expensive, with the items they sold having very specific, advanced enchantments and spells infused into them that could rarely be found anywhere else.
Siglos didn't respond, letting the darkness wash over him as Cain blew out the candles. He...hadn't excepted Cain to give him advice, the surprise he felt momentarily throwing off the pattern of deep, slow breaths he had tried to cultivate.

“...Want to be with...” Siglos repeated in his mind. He did nothing for several, long moments, before slowly slipping the covers off of his body, adjusting his body so that he lay on top of them.

“....” Siglos took a deep breath, before grabbing the pillow from his bed, and pressing it against his face and upper chest. He tried to focus. The warmth of her skin...the softness of her stomach, the gentle swells of her breathing. Her emerald gaze, looking down at him...her powerful arm, wrapped around his body. He breathed in deeply, imagining the unique scent of her sweater, as she pressed him against it, imagining her hand, slowly ruffling his hair.

“...My emerald...” Siglos murmured. He took another, deep breath, his heart rate slowly, but surely beginning to ease. Exhaustion began to take hold of his flesh, seeping into his very bones as the stress of the day began to catch up with him. Gradually...slowly...his breathing grew even, as he slipped into a dreamless sleep.
Cain looked over at Siglos from afar, remaining quiet. She remained completely still, not even the tiniest decibel able to get out from her.

"Pathetic..." She thought to herself. He was pathetic. A useless whelp who could do nothing but rely on others.

"....."

"*******..."

Cain's halo slowly floated above Siglos, maintaining a gentle, slow rotation. Heat emanated downward, softly warming the young man as he slept, hopefully making his dreams more... peaceful.

"......"

And with that, Cain turned away, curling up. She closed her eyes, forcing her brain to send her off into a deep sleep.

"....."

As Cain went to blow out the candles, she spoke.

"When I was younger..."

"One of my siblings discovered a good technique to sleep more comfortably. When you're... frightened, or shaken."

"You... sleep without the covers on. And hug your pillow, or... whatever. And pretend it's someone you care about. And... want to be with."

"...And it helps you sleep better... when you think that person is with you, keeping you warm in the cold."

"....."

"....I dunno. It might help."

The sound of Cain rustling into her covers emanated as she stopped speaking.

...And the girl closed her eyes.
(14 foot Sylvia body pillows?)

(lmao)

Cain looked over at Siglos from afar, remaining quiet. She remained completely still, not even the tiniest decibel able to get out from her.

"Pathetic..." She thought to herself. He was pathetic. A useless whelp who could do nothing but rely on others.

"....."

"*******..."

Cain's halo slowly floated above Siglos, maintaining a gentle, slow rotation. Heat emanated downward, softly warming the young man as he slept, hopefully making his dreams more... peaceful.

"......"

And with that, Cain turned away, curling up. She closed her eyes, forcing her brain to send her off into a deep sleep.
The warmth of the halo washed over his skin, Siglos bathing in its comfort.

"....Mmmmmmh..." A soft, incomprehensible murmur escaped his lips, The young Everian unconsciously rubbing his cheek against the soft fabric of his pillow. His body gradually relaxed, the lingering tension slowly easing away. For the first time since they had come to Aegis...Siglos slept without nightmares, his unconscious mind soothed by the thoughts of his beloved, and the warmth of her friend.

Noah looked at all this surprised.

"Well that gives us some ideas, what do you think would be the most important thing for us if we had to buy something?" The Dragoness asked her companions
(Sorry forgot)

"Sharpening and enhancing my Bladefist. And getting a main weapon for the boy." Kargath bluntly said, while Shalor said "I-I don't know!"

Back