• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

(Elf Sabbath.)
(Elf Sabbath.)
"Then pray while you cook, if there's nothing else, I'm sure thread Goddess would understand you being busy." Shalor responded
Alexia sighed, "I would rather you not advise me on how I practice my faith... I'll start on your breakfast in a moment..."

Alexia moved from her desk, stretching out a bit. She then began moving to the kitchen, grabbing an apron on the way.

"......."

Suddenly, the spinning of Cain's halo ceased, causing the breeze to come to a grinding halt. The woman jumped back into an upright position, turning away as sweat poured from her like a faucet. She began to cover herself in darkness once again, shaping it into makeshift clothing.

"If you cut yourself, I'm not taking responsibility." She muttered, the halo floating over to Siglos. Maybe she was feeling generous, allowing Siglos to inspect her weapon.
Siglos peaked behind himself, and, upon seeing that Cain had recovered himself, fully turned to face her.

"...O-oh! t...t-thank you..." Siglos said softly. Despite his nervousness, he couldn't help but feel a small burst of excitement, glad he finally had the opportunity to study such a weapon. Gingerly, he stood up from his bed, carefully leaning forward to study the weapon as it hovered near him. His eyes sharpened, the Everian covering them with traces of magic so that he could better study the craftsmanship.

Alexia entered the kitchen as she tied her apron, letting out another yawn. She felt horrible, that much was obvious... And it was clear that she hadn't gotten a full night of sleep in several days.

"Maybe I should hire some staff..." She thought to herself, a bag of flour, a container of eggs, and a container of milk floating toward her. She cracked a couple of eggs on the kitchen counter telekinetically, adding it to the mixture of eggs and milk as she began to prepare some fresh waffles. Waffles. She loved waffles. She assumed two children would also enjoy some homemade waffles. Who didn't?

"Alright... after this, I'll get some sleep... 100%..." She thought once more, beginning to telekinetically mix the ingredients in her large metal bowl. At the same time, she would heat up the air around here using Magic, intent on cooking and manually shaping the waffles.

Oh, the temptations of waffles. She loved waffles. She wished she could have some.

"Oh, Ophelius, give me strength..." Alexia muttered, continuing to mix the ingredients until they'd become somewhat thick and viscous. The mixture would gently float into her bubble of concentrated heat, the woman telekinetically shaping the mixture as it cooked. At around 400 degrees Fahrenheit, it would take only a couple of minutes to form the most fluffy and delicious waffles imaginable.

Alexia eventually finished the waffle-making process, summoning two plates, which were promptly plated and stacked with 3 waffles each, which were steaming hot. Luckily, they'd cool down quickly with a bit of Wind Magic. She telekinetically brought a few things to her hand. First, a container of maple syrup. Second, a container of fresh strawberries and blueberries.

She evenly distributed the syrup among the waffles, making sure that none would drip off of the plate. She would then slice the strawberries perfectly in half, placing them expertly on top of the now syrup-covered, steaming hot waffles, allowing the flavors to blend with the syrup along with the blueberries, creating a syrup-y fruity flavor.

"Should I add something else...? Ah, I know." Alexia telekinetically brought a small container of yogurt, placing it on top of the waffles, only a small dab, not to much, not to little, the perfect amount of healthy and delicious yogurt to complete the "bold" mixture of fruity and syrup-y flavors. The perfect waffle breakfast, made by yours truly.

Alexia felt a small amount of pride in herself at the waffles she had concocted. If there was anything she could be proud of, it was her cooking skill. Especially when it came to waffles. She loved waffles.

Alexia, with a small smile on her face, telekinetically raised both of the expertly prepared plates, bringing them out.

Alexia walked over to Shalor and Noah, "Here... you are."
Siglos peaked behind himself, and, upon seeing that Cain had recovered himself, fully turned to face her.

"...O-oh! t...t-thank you..." Siglos said softly. Despite his nervousness, he couldn't help but feel a small burst of excitement, glad he finally had the opportunity to study such a weapon. Gingerly, he stood up from his bed, carefully leaning forward to study the weapon as it hovered near him. His eyes sharpened, the Everian covering them with traces of magic so that he could better study the craftsmanship.
The craftsmanship was... crude, to say the least, not a hint of refinement visible in the large circular blade, the edges being rough, pointy, and heavily dangerous. Runes painted the structure, each of which gently glowed a reddish-purple, Dark Mana prevalent within the item and its engravings.

Alexia entered the kitchen as she tied her apron, letting out another yawn. She felt horrible, that much was obvious... And it was clear that she hadn't gotten a full night of sleep in several days.

"Maybe I should hire some staff..." She thought to herself, a bag of flour, a container of eggs, and a container of milk floating toward her. She cracked a couple of eggs on the kitchen counter telekinetically, adding it to the mixture of eggs and milk as she began to prepare some fresh waffles. Waffles. She loved waffles. She assumed two children would also enjoy some homemade waffles. Who didn't?

"Alright... after this, I'll get some sleep... 100%..." She thought once more, beginning to telekinetically mix the ingredients in her large metal bowl. At the same time, she would heat up the air around here using Magic, intent on cooking and manually shaping the waffles.

Oh, the temptations of waffles. She loved waffles. She wished she could have some.

"Oh, Ophelius, give me strength..." Alexia muttered, continuing to mix the ingredients until they'd become somewhat thick and viscous. The mixture would gently float into her bubble of concentrated heat, the woman telekinetically shaping the mixture as it cooked. At around 400 degrees Fahrenheit, it would take only a couple of minutes to form the most fluffy and delicious waffles imaginable.

Alexia eventually finished the waffle-making process, summoning two plates, which were promptly plated and stacked with 3 waffles each, which were steaming hot. Luckily, they'd cool down quickly with a bit of Wind Magic. She telekinetically brought a few things to her hand. First, a container of maple syrup. Second, a container of fresh strawberries and blueberries.

She evenly distributed the syrup among the waffles, making sure that none would drip off of the plate. She would then slice the strawberries perfectly in half, placing them expertly on top of the now syrup-covered, steaming hot waffles, allowing the flavors to blend with the syrup along with the blueberries, creating a syrup-y fruity flavor.

"Should I add something else...? Ah, I know." Alexia telekinetically brought a small container of yogurt, placing it on top of the waffles, only a small dab, not to much, not to little, the perfect amount of healthy and delicious yogurt to complete the "bold" mixture of fruity and syrup-y flavors. The perfect waffle breakfast, made by yours truly.

Alexia felt a small amount of pride in herself at the waffles she had concocted. If there was anything she could be proud of, it was her cooking skill. Especially when it came to waffles. She loved waffles.

Alexia, with a small smile on her face, telekinetically raised both of the expertly prepared plates, bringing them out.

Alexia walked over to Shalor and Noah, "Here... you are."
Shalor smiled and spoke "Thank you and... sorry..." Shalor murmured, stepping over to a table to eat

"You don't need to apologize... So long as you pay, that is." Alexia said with a tired chuckle, moving to the small dining area. She placed the two plates of fresh, perfect, fluffy waffles down on opposite sides of the table, with a chair waiting for either Noah or Shalor to sit down in.

The craftsmanship was... crude, to say the least, not a hint of refinement visible in the large circular blade, the edges being rough, pointy, and heavily dangerous. Runes painted the structure, each of which gently glowed a reddish-purple, Dark Mana prevalent within the item and its engravings.
"....." Siglos said nothing, seemingly in deep concentration as he studied the strange weapon.

"...So this is how Rakshashin's craft weapons...?" Siglos thought. It lacked the...beauty, of many of the Everian weapons he had studied, a bit to his disappointment, but he could tell by the edges of the blade that it would cut through material as well as any other 'elegant' blade. His eyes narrowed, his gaze focusing on the engravings decorating the weapon, wondering if he could glimpse any meaning behind them.

"....." Siglos said nothing, seemingly in deep concentration as he studied the strange weapon.

"...So this is how Rakshashin's craft weapons...?" Siglos thought. It lacked the...beauty, of many of the Everian weapons he had studied, a bit to his disappointment, but he could tell by the edges of the blade that it would cut through material as well as any other 'elegant' blade. His eyes narrowed, his gaze focusing on the engravings decorating the weapon, wondering if he could glimpse any meaning behind them.
Siglos's mana sight was seemingly unable to decipher anything from the runes that plastered the weapon... In fact, the more he looked at them, the more it felt like pressure was being applied to his eye balls, as if somebody was pressing against them roughly.

"Alright... Do tell me what you think of the food..." Alexia said with a soft, tired smile.

The waffles were easily chewable, the fluffy texture allowing a cacophony of flavors to explode in Shalor and Noah's mouths. The syrup was first to come, the sweet maple syrup mixing perfectly with the strawberry and the blueberry which came next, forming a nice, soft but also strong fruity flavor that made the fluffy waffles go down even better. The yogurt came last, sending a refreshing, cold wave down their throats to cool the hot waffles as they were ingested.

Siglos's mana sight was seemingly unable to decipher anything from the runes that plastered the weapon... In fact, the more he looked at them, the more it felt like pressure was being applied to his eye balls, as if somebody was pressing against them roughly.
Siglos stared for as long as he could bear, before looking away, rubbing his eyes gently. He decided against using his Mana Hearing to study it further, recalling the...uncomfortable sensation he had felt when using it on Erebus's armor earlier. While he was much more skilled with Mana Hearing than Mana Sight, he doubted he would have gleaned much more, anyway.

"....." He continued to rub his eyes for a moment, before looking up at Cain.

"...May I-I ask what t-these runes mean?"

Siglos stared for as long as he could bear, before looking away, rubbing his eyes gently. He decided against using his Mana Hearing to study it further, recalling the...uncomfortable sensation he had felt when using it on Erebus's armor earlier. While he was much more skilled with Mana Hearing than Mana Sight, he doubted he would have gleaned much more, anyway.

"....." He continued to rub his eyes for a moment, before looking up at Cain.

"...May I-I ask what t-these runes mean?"
Cain turned around, sweat dripping from her.

"...It's Rune Magic. Gives the thing its power." She said, walking next to Siglos. She pointed to certain parts of the runes.

"They translate to different things, depending on how you read it. In most ways you can read it, it'll usually just translate to the thing's name." She explained, seeming to be able to decipher Runes.
Shalor seemed to really enjoy them, after he had finished the mouthful he took "delicious..." Shalor murmured before going to take another bite
Alexia's smile widened slightly, "I'm glad you enjoy it, sir...?"

She said in a questioning tone, clearly asking for his name.

Cain turned around, sweat dripping from her.

"...It's Rune Magic. Gives the thing its power." She said, walking next to Siglos. She pointed to certain parts of the runes.

"They translate to different things, depending on how you read it. In most ways you can read it, it'll usually just translate to the thing's name." She explained, seeming to be able to decipher Runes.
“Yes...I’m f-familiar w-with e-enchanting runes and the l-like, b-but…I-I’ve n-never seen…a-anything like t-this…” He murmured.

“C-can…can y-you translate it?”

“Yes...I’m f-familiar w-with e-enchanting runes and the l-like, b-but…I-I’ve n-never seen…a-anything like t-this…” He murmured.

“C-can…can y-you translate it?”
"...It translates to a couple things. But the most basic thing that I can translate would be the runes over here." Cain muttered, pointing to one of the runes engraved on one of the blades.

"It translates to Carnage. In modern English."

"...It translates to a couple things. But the most basic thing that I can translate would be the runes over here." Cain muttered, pointing to one of the runes engraved on one of the blades.

"It translates to Carnage. In modern English."
Siglos shivered slightly as he heard the name, his eyes trailing back to the runes engraved on its surface.

"...R-rather...f-fitting, g-given its...design..." Siglos murmured. Its rough, unrefined craftsmanship, its dangerous, lethal edges...a weapon made to kill. In Siglos's eyes, there was no word more fitting to describe such an object. He stared at it for a few, long moments, before he felt the familiar pressure on his eyes again, quickly looking away.

"...M-may I-I a-ask...w-what i-it is...c-capable of? A-aside f-from...b-basic levitation, I-I mean..." Siglos said softly.

"Thank you friend for this" Noah told her after handing over the money
"It's of no consequence... Now... I think it's... time that I go get some sleep..." Alexia murmured.
Siglos shivered slightly as he heard the name, his eyes trailing back to the runes engraved on its surface.

"...R-rather...f-fitting, g-given its...design..." Siglos murmured. Its rough, unrefined craftsmanship, its dangerous, lethal edges...a weapon made to kill. In Siglos's eyes, there was no word more fitting to describe such an object. He stared at it for a few, long moments, before he felt the familiar pressure on his eyes again, quickly looking away.

"...M-may I-I a-ask...w-what i-it is...c-capable of? A-aside f-from...b-basic levitation, I-I mean..." Siglos said softly.
"It can spin. Really, really fast." Cain said.

"......" Siglos stared at her blankly for a moment.

"...I-Is...t-that...a-all i-it can do? I...s-sense...a r-rather...potent d-dark magic f-from it...s-surely i-it does more t-then just...erm..."

"...Rotate..."
"......"

"It depends. There are several enchantments which do several different things, so there's no one thing it can do." She explained as the thing began to gently rotate in front of them.

Back