• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"Good, I won't sound like I'm rambling, then." Cain grumbled, before continuing.

"Remember when I mentioned that I wished Noah had taken the guy's cloak and mask? Because his cloak and mask had a Spatial enchantment on them. An enchantment that specifically removes his presence from space itself. It's like erasing yourself from existence, basically. It's such an advanced item that it bypassed Aegis's, most likely, very layered magical defenses and have allowed these punks to operate for a long time off the radar, I'm assuming..."

"...You get where I'm going with this, right? We may be able to sense them either way, but we can basically get attacked from anywhere."

"Could be while we're sleeping... or in the bathroom..."

"...Or in public."

"...We could be being watched from afar right this second, just sitting here, waiting to get attacked."
Siglos knees raised to his chest, his arms hugging them against his body. Panic rushed through him like a tornado, threatening to overwhelm his fragile body and send him spiraling within. He said nothing for a few, long moments, his eyes wide as saucers.

“....C-Cain.” Siglls murmured. He slowly stood up, before...bowing deeply, his ashen hair spilling over his head, covering his eyes.

“...P-please...p-protect me. I-I...b-beg of you...” He said softly.

Siglos knees raised to his chest, his arms hugging them against his body. Panic rushed through him like a tornado, threatening to overwhelm his fragile body and send him spiraling within. He said nothing for a few, long moments, his eyes wide as saucers.

“....C-Cain.” Siglls murmured. He slowly stood up, before...bowing deeply, his ashen hair spilling over his head, covering his eyes.

“...P-please...p-protect me. I-I...b-beg of you...” He said softly.
Cain raised her eyebrow, tilting her head, "You... want me to... protect you? Me...????"

Cain raised her eyebrow, tilting her head, "You... want me to... protect you? Me...????"
“....” Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly looking up at Cain, desperation clear in his eyes.

“...T-the enchantment t-their using...i-is...beyond m-my skill l-level to...c-counteract. A-at...a-at least right now. I...I c-could m-maybe h-hear t-their m-magic...i-if...if t-they were close enough...b-but...aside f-from that... I'm... I'm helpless..."

"...I-i'll...I'll b-be a-an...e-easy t-target. I-if...if t-they c-catch me...I-i'll..." He trailed off, his voice quivering.

"...I-I k-know...y-you...d-dislike me C-Cain. B-but...b-but...p-please. I-I'll...I'll...d-do...a-anything..."

“....” Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly looking up at Cain, desperation clear in his eyes.

“...T-the enchantment t-their using...i-is...beyond m-my skill l-level to...c-counteract. A-at...a-at least right now. I...I c-could m-maybe h-hear t-their m-magic...i-if...if t-they were close enough...b-but...aside f-from that... I'm... I'm helpless..."

"...I-i'll...I'll b-be a-an...e-easy t-target. I-if...if t-they c-catch me...I-i'll..." He trailed off, his voice quivering.

"...I-I k-know...y-you...d-dislike me C-Cain. B-but...b-but...p-please. I-I'll...I'll...d-do...a-anything..."
"...You have Sylvia at your side to protect you." Cain muttered, "Ask her, cause I am no bodyguard... Especially not for a pathetic whelp like you..."

"...You have Sylvia at your side to protect you." Cain muttered, "Ask her, cause I am no bodyguard... Especially not for a pathetic whelp like you..."
"...T-there are p-places...Sylvia c-can't go, Cain." Siglos said softly.

"...W-what would h-happen i-if I w-was a-attacked w-within the inn? I-if...i-if I h-had gotten m-my own room...a-and t-they had...h-had ambushed me..." Siglos trailed off, his body trembling.

"...I-I've s-seen h-how Sylvia t-talks o-of you, Cain. Y-you a-are...h-her m-match i-in...t-terms o-of c-combat. E-even if...if I w-was attacked...i-if...i-if y-you w-were there..." He trailed off again, taking a shaky breath.

"...T-there are p-places...Sylvia c-can't go, Cain." Siglos said softly.

"...W-what would h-happen i-if I w-was a-attacked w-within the inn? I-if...i-if I h-had gotten m-my own room...a-and t-they had...h-had ambushed me..." Siglos trailed off, his body trembling.

"...I-I've s-seen h-how Sylvia t-talks o-of you, Cain. Y-you a-are...h-her m-match i-in...t-terms o-of c-combat. E-even if...if I w-was attacked...i-if...i-if y-you w-were there..." He trailed off again, taking a shaky breath.
"...."

Cain growled slightly, "Grrr... *******... Ugh..."

She then ruffled her hair in annoyance.

"Fine! Fine. I'll protect you while we're in Aegis. But if I'm gonna do this you better not be a liability to me!"

"...."

Cain growled slightly, "Grrr... *******... Ugh..."

She then ruffled her hair in annoyance.

"Fine! Fine. I'll protect you while we're in Aegis. But if I'm gonna do this you better not be a liability to me!"
"...T-thank y-you. T-thank y-you..." Siglos said. He bowed again, taking a deep, shaky breath.

"...I-I...I am in your debt, C-Cain. I-If...i-if I...I c-can do a-anything t-to...r-repay t-this k-kindness...j-just...s-say the word."

"...T-thank y-you. T-thank y-you..." Siglos said. He bowed again, taking a deep, shaky breath.

"...I-I...I am in your debt, C-Cain. I-If...i-if I...I c-can do a-anything t-to...r-repay t-this k-kindness...j-just...s-say the word."
"Nothing you could give me would be of any worth, so I don't need your repayment.. Just stay out of my way. Especially while we're bunking in the same room..." Cain grumbled, "You stay on your side of the room, I stay on mine..."

"Nothing you could give me would be of any worth, so I don't need your repayment.. Just stay out of my way. Especially while we're bunking in the same room..." Cain grumbled, "You stay on your side of the room, I stay on mine..."
“O-of c-course! I...u-understand...” Siglos said softly. He slowly breathed out, beginning to remove his cloak from his shoulders.

“I-is it...a-alright I-if I take a nap?” He asked.

"Do whatever..." Cain grunted, beginning to remove the darkness that cloaked her body as clothing.
Siglos immediately looked away from Cain as she began to undress, his eyes firmly locked onto the floor. Gingerly, he took off his boots and shirt, folding the latter, while placing the former on a dry part of the floor.

“A-alright…I-I w-was…erm…u-up late t-talking with Sylvia. Y-your…advice, r-really helped…I-in a weird way…” Siglos said softly.

“S-so…e-erm…t-thanks…for that. I-I suppose…”

Siglos immediately looked away from Cain as she began to undress, his eyes firmly locked onto the floor. Gingerly, he took off his boots and shirt, folding the latter, while placing the former on a dry part of the floor.

“A-alright…I-I w-was…erm…u-up late t-talking with Sylvia. Y-your…advice, r-really helped…I-in a weird way…” Siglos said softly.

“S-so…e-erm…t-thanks…for that. I-I suppose…”
Cain glanced at Siglos, sighing. She lowered herself onto the floor, before propping up her body vertically by her toes and her finger-tips, in a push-up position.

"I know... I heard everything that went down from my room."

Cain glanced at Siglos, sighing. She lowered herself onto the floor, before propping up her body vertically by her toes and her finger-tips, in a push-up position.

"I know... I heard everything that went down from my room."
Siglos’s eyes immediately shot toward the ceiling, clearly avoiding looking at Cain whenever possible.

“I-I guess your h-hearing is a-as…sharp as hers…” Siglos said, chuckling awkwardly.

“…I-I…j-just…h-hope I c-can…make h-her happy. T-that’s…that’s all I want. I-its…it’s the…least a woman l-like her d-deserves…”

Siglos’s eyes immediately shot toward the ceiling, clearly avoiding looking at Cain whenever possible.

“I-I guess your h-hearing is a-as…sharp as hers…” Siglos said, chuckling awkwardly.

“…I-I…j-just…h-hope I c-can…make h-her happy. T-that’s…that’s all I want. I-its…it’s the…least a woman l-like her d-deserves…”
"I'm glad you've made an attempt to stop being the equivalent of a bacterium," Cain said as she began moving, performing a push-up motion. Her halo spun at a moderate pace above her, seeming to be applying a sort of... downward force upon the girl, as to increase the intensity of her workout.

As she continued to perform push-ups, her halo spun faster, beginning to increase the downward force that was being applied to Cain as the speed of its spin heightened.

"I'm glad you've made an attempt to stop being the equivalent of a bacterium," Cain said as she began moving, performing a push-up motion. Her halo spun at a moderate pace above her, seeming to be applying a sort of... downward force upon the girl, as to increase the intensity of her workout.

As she continued to perform push-ups, her halo spun faster, beginning to increase the downward force that was being applied to Cain as the speed of its spin heightened.
Siglos breathed out, slowly nodding. He shouldn't have excepted a different reaction. To Cain, he was probably simply doing the bare minimum, something he should've done from the start. He continued to stare at the ceiling for a moment, before slowly laying down on his bed.

"...W-well...I..e-erm...d-do not w-wish to...disturb y-your training. S-Sorry..." Siglos murmured.

Siglos breathed out, slowly nodding. He shouldn't have excepted a different reaction. To Cain, he was probably simply doing the bare minimum, something he should've done from the start. He continued to stare at the ceiling for a moment, before slowly laying down on his bed.

"...W-well...I..e-erm...d-do not w-wish to...disturb y-your training. S-Sorry..." Siglos murmured.
"It'll take a lot more than that to disturb me..." Cain grumbled, her halo beginning to spin faster. A gentle breeze wafted through the room, making the warm, humid atmosphere of the room a bit more bearable (there's no air conditioning).

"It'll take a lot more than that to disturb me..." Cain grumbled, her halo beginning to spin faster. A gentle breeze wafted through the room, making the warm, humid atmosphere of the room a bit more bearable (there's no air conditioning).
Siglos slowly nodded, resting his head against the pillow. He cringed slightly, the mattress feeling...uncomfortable, in comparison to his cuddling with Sylvia earlier. He said nothing for a moment, letting the cool air wash over him, before hesitantly lowering his gaze, focusing on the spinning halo above Cain's head.

"...T-that is...q-quite t-the...a-advanced w-weapon. I...I've n-never s-seen a-anything l-like it..." Siglos muttered.

Siglos slowly nodded, resting his head against the pillow. He cringed slightly, the mattress feeling...uncomfortable, in comparison to his cuddling with Sylvia earlier. He said nothing for a moment, letting the cool air wash over him, before hesitantly lowering his gaze, focusing on the spinning halo above Cain's head.

"...T-that is...q-quite t-the...a-advanced w-weapon. I...I've n-never s-seen a-anything l-like it..." Siglos muttered.
"First time for everything, as humans say..." Cain muttered, her halo maintaining a constant speed instead of rapidly increasing its spin speed, providing a steady flow of comforting air.

"First time for everything, as humans say..." Cain muttered, her halo maintaining a constant speed instead of rapidly increasing its spin speed, providing a steady flow of comforting air.
"...I-I s-suppose s-so!" Siglos said softly, chuckling awkwardly. He quickly looked away from the Halo again, trying to avoid gazing anywhere near Cain's body as she worked.

"...D-do...y-you k-know who...made it?"

"...I-I s-suppose s-so!" Siglos said softly, chuckling awkwardly. He quickly looked away from the Halo again, trying to avoid gazing anywhere near Cain's body as she worked.

"...D-do...y-you k-know who...made it?"
"No." Cain said bluntly, beginning to shift her position. She raised her toes off of the ground, holding her body up by her hands. She began to slowly raise herself upright, her feet pointing into the air. She breathed out, beginning to once again move up and down, performing a basic hand-stand push up.

"No." Cain said bluntly, beginning to shift her position. She raised her toes off of the ground, holding her body up by her hands. She began to slowly raise herself upright, her feet pointing into the air. She breathed out, beginning to once again move up and down, performing a basic hand-stand push up.
"...O-oh...e-erm...a-alright..." Siglos said softly. He decided to simply turn away from Cain, staring at the adjacent wall.

"...W-would y-you mind if I...e-examined i-it...o-one day?" He asked softly.

"O-oh! Y-yeah...t-that m-makes...sense..." Siglos said.

"...Y-you e-erm...d-don't need t-to worry. I-i've...h-handled s-swords and...o-other b-blades. I c-can take t-the... necessary precaution..."
"......."

Suddenly, the spinning of Cain's halo ceased, causing the breeze to come to a grinding halt. The woman jumped back into an upright position, turning away as sweat poured from her like a faucet. She began to cover herself in darkness once again, shaping it into makeshift clothing.

"If you cut yourself, I'm not taking responsibility." She muttered, the halo floating over to Siglos. Maybe she was feeling generous, allowing Siglos to inspect her weapon.

Back