• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Cain's response did little to relax Siglos's nerves, the Everian squirming visibly where he sat. He took another, shaky breath, trying to ease his beating heart. A part of him wanted to run to Sylvia, craving the woman's warmth and protection. Another part of him however...was bewildered.

"P-plan...f-for....us?" Siglos said.

"...U-us...a-as in...t-the people of A-Aegis?"
"No, like, us. Specifically us, our group." Cain said, turning to Siglos.

"....????" Siglos stared at her blankly for a moment, clearly uncomprehending.

"N-no....w-what?" Siglos said.

"...C-Cain...t-they assassinated his majesty. C-compared t-to him w-we're...w-we're nothing!"
Cain's eyes narrowed for a moment, "Well, feel free to tell that to the dipshit Noah chained up and interrogated... I'm only regurgitating what I heard from afar.."

"...T-that...t-this...d-doesn't make a-any sense." Siglos said softly.

"W-we...w-we...n-need t-to...tell Velen! S-someone...s-someone could b-be...b-be targeting t-the church!"
"Noah and Khadgar already told the Court Mage about it... Though I couldn't hear what they were talking about specifically through that bitch's barrier." Cain grumbled.

"Anything happen... while i was asleep...?" Shalor asked
Noah took a few seconds to think, before saying the answer.

"Yes, but it is already under control thanks to the royal forces, after leaving you when I was going to sleep I discovered that someone was spying me and I caught him, I informed the Magician of the kingdom that there is a group of people who wants to catch us and that are related to the King´s Death, for now the imperial forces will take care of that and give us some protection, so while we have to keep an eye open, we have the necessary support from this kingdom"

"Noah and Khadgar already told the Court Mage about it... Though I couldn't hear what they were talking about specifically through that bitch's barrier." Cain grumbled.
"C-court...c-court m-mage....?" Siglos repeated. He hesitated for a moment, taking a shaky breath.

"...S-she'll...s-she'll p-protect u-us. S-she...h-has to, r-right? I-it...i-it wouldn't...w-wouldn't make sense t-to l-let use g-go...unmonitored..." Siglos said.

"C-court...c-court m-mage....?" Siglos repeated. He hesitated for a moment, taking a shaky breath.

"...S-she'll...s-she'll p-protect u-us. S-she...h-has to, r-right? I-it...i-it wouldn't...w-wouldn't make sense t-to l-let use g-go...unmonitored..." Siglos said.
"I doubt she can fully protect us even if she tried..." Cain said, noticing Siglos's growing unease, causing her to sigh.

"I doubt she can fully protect us even if she tried..." Cain said, noticing Siglos's growing unease, causing her to sigh.
Siglos trembled, letting out another small, shaky breath.

"...Y-you...you and S-Sylvia a-are....a-are s-strong t-though! R-really...r-really s-strong! Y-you...y-you t-two...c-can k-keep u-us s-safe...r-right?" Siglos said softly.

"A-and...a-and E-Erebus t-to! Y-you...y-you three a-are...a-are un...untouchable..."

Siglos trembled, letting out another small, shaky breath.

"...Y-you...you and S-Sylvia a-are....a-are s-strong t-though! R-really...r-really s-strong! Y-you...y-you t-two...c-can k-keep u-us s-safe...r-right?" Siglos said softly.

"A-and...a-and E-Erebus t-to! Y-you...y-you three a-are...a-are un...untouchable..."
"...." Cain let out a sigh.

"It's not a matter of strength here, it's a matter of mobility. You know anything about Spatial Magic?"

Noah took a few seconds to think, before saying the answer.

"Yes, but it is already under control thanks to the royal forces, after leaving you when I was going to sleep I discovered that someone was spying me and I caught him, I informed the Magician of the kingdom that there is a group of people who wants to catch us and that are related to the King´s Death, for now the imperial forces will take care of that and give us some protection, so while we have to keep an eye open, we have the necessary support from this kingdom"
"...are you okay...?" Shalor asked, failing at keeping himself from internally panicking

"....." Siglos took a deep, shaky breath, trying to stop himself from spiraling further.

"...I...I have a...w-working knowledge. M-mostly i-in...t-teleportation e-enchantments..." He said softly.
"Good, I won't sound like I'm rambling, then." Cain grumbled, before continuing.

"Remember when I mentioned that I wished Noah had taken the guy's cloak and mask? Because his cloak and mask had a Spatial enchantment on them. An enchantment that specifically removes his presence from space itself. It's like erasing yourself from existence, basically. It's such an advanced item that it bypassed Aegis's, most likely, very layered magical defenses and have allowed these punks to operate for a long time off the radar, I'm assuming..."

"...You get where I'm going with this, right? We may be able to sense them either way, but we can basically get attacked from anywhere."

"Could be while we're sleeping... or in the bathroom..."

"...Or in public."

"...We could be being watched from afar right this second, just sitting here, waiting to get attacked."

"Only said they want me, the man that he tried to kidnap me gave a description of Siglos although not his name and I suppose they are looking for Jeanne but the man did not say anything about her, so that last one is more a thought of mine that may or may not be true"
"...They want the younger members... for what...?" Shalor murmured, his fear and panic leaking into his voice

"But what if they couldn't?" Shalor asked quietly, looking up into Noah's eyes
The girl looked at him with compassionate eyes, in an attempt to appease his terror.

"Shalor, you don't have to be afraid, even if things go wrong, everything has a solution as long as it keeps you firm" She began.

"Hope is the last thing to be lost, even if a thousand things pass. We just have to keep our ideal" The Dragoness said trying to inspire him

The girl looked at him with compassionate eyes, in an attempt to appease his terror.

"Shalor, you don't have to be afraid, even if things go wrong, everything has a solution as long as it keeps you firm" She began.

"Hope is the last thing to be lost, even if a thousand things pass. We just have to keep our ideal" The Dragoness said trying to inspire him
Shalor looked at Noah for a long time, before smiling and nodding, he stayed silent though, his worries still there but not overwhelming for him

Back