• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"....." Siglos continued to tremble, growing increasingly uneasy.

"...W-when...w-when...I...I w-was...t-talking t-to h-her..." Siglos said. He trailed off, wondering if he should reveal what he saw.

"...H-her...e-eyes...l-looked...d-different. F-for...f-for a...f-few moments...L-like...s-she...h-had... s-spirals...w-within them."
"...." Sylvia was silent for a moment.

"...What was their color...?"

"...C-Color...?" Siglos murmured. He hesitated for a moment.

"...T-they w-were...s-scarlet...I-I t-think..." Siglos said softly.
Sylvia breathed out. She gently rubbed her chin, in thought about this new information.

"...I... think I may know what's going on with her. I've never... seen it before, though. Not in a human..." She muttered.

Sylvia breathed out. She gently rubbed her chin, in thought about this new information.

"...I... think I may know what's going on with her. I've never... seen it before, though. Not in a human..." She muttered.
"Y-you...y-you do?" Siglos asked. His eyes widened, the Everian staring up at his mate as she talked.

"..W-will...w-will s-she b-be a-alright?"

Shalor trembled, before just beginning to walk, dead silent, he saw plenty of buildings, but he didn't care, if anyone tried to talk to him it'd be like he wasn't there, even if he was tired he was going to try and find a way to help, but first he needed to know where to look, so he began to look for signs to get to somewhere like the library

"If I'm right, no, she won't be..." Sylvia said, "We need to get to a library..."
Siglos's face paled, his breath catching in his throat. He closed his eyes for a moment, forcing himself to take a deep breath, to avoid the ensuing rush of panic.

"..F-follow...f-follow m-me...p-please." He said quietly, his voice trembling. His trembling fingers gripped tighter around Sylvia's hand, the Everian looking towards a street where he knew a library was located.

Siglos's face paled, his breath catching in his throat. He closed his eyes for a moment, forcing himself to take a deep breath, to avoid the ensuing rush of panic.

"..F-follow...f-follow m-me...p-please." He said quietly, his voice trembling. His trembling fingers gripped tighter around Sylvia's hand, the Everian looking towards a street where he knew a library was located.
Sylvia followed Siglos, shaking her head. "A Rakshashin won't be allowed into an Everian library, so... You'll need to check out the book we need. Find "Advanced Demonology 101", it has a red cover, you can't miss it..."

Sylvia followed Siglos, shaking her head. "A Rakshashin won't be allowed into an Everian library, so... You'll need to check out the book we need. Find "Advanced Demonology 101", it has a red cover, you can't miss it..."
"A-advanced D-demon...ology?" Siglos murmured. They soon reached the library a few blocks away, the building luckily still open at such late an hour.

"...I-Is J-Jeanne t-turning i-into a-a d-demon??" Siglos asked, confusion and panic rising in his voice.

"A-advanced D-demon...ology?" Siglos murmured. They soon reached the library a few blocks away, the building luckily still open at such late an hour.

"...I-Is J-Jeanne t-turning i-into a-a d-demon??" Siglos asked, confusion and panic rising in his voice.
"It's... a bit more complicated than that. Just find the book, it has all the information we need, alright?" Sylvia said, letting out a deep, tired sigh.

"Please...?"

Siglos stared at Sylvia for a moment, before nodding quickly.

"R-right...s-sorry!" He said quietly. Quickly, he scampered into the library, hurriedly looking for a librarian.
Siglos was quickly greeted by an on-duty librarian, but... they seemed to be the only one on shift right now. Their pointed ears twitched through their thick golden hair.

"Anything I can help you find, sir?" He asked, his voice slightly sluggish. Clearly, he was very tired having to work the night shift.

Siglos was quickly greeted by an on-duty librarian, but... they seemed to be the only one on shift right now. Their pointed ears twitched through their thick golden hair.

"Anything I can help you find, sir?" He asked, his voice slightly sluggish. Clearly, he was very tired having to work the night shift.
Siglos took a breath, trying to stall the rising panic in his throat.

"...D-do y-you h-have...a-a...a-a book?" Siglos said hurriedly.

"Erm...D-Demonology...Advanced D-Demonology...101."

Siglos took a breath, trying to stall the rising panic in his throat.

"...D-do y-you h-have...a-a...a-a book?" Siglos said hurriedly.

"Erm...D-Demonology...Advanced D-Demonology...101."
"Demonology...?" The librarian asked, tilting his head as his tired eyes widened. "We have the book, but... Why are you interested in Demonology...?"

"Demonology...?" The librarian asked, tilting his head as his tired eyes widened. "We have the book, but... Why are you interested in Demonology...?"
"....." Siglos said nothing for a moment, before quickly shaking his head, his ears twitching.

"...I-I...u-uh...w-want t-to c-check i-it o-out for a-a f-friend. T-that's...t-that's all..." He said quickly.

"....." Siglos said nothing for a moment, before quickly shaking his head, his ears twitching.

"...I-I...u-uh...w-want t-to c-check i-it o-out for a-a f-friend. T-that's...t-that's all..." He said quickly.
The librarian stayed silent for a moment, before shrugging. "Your friend sounds weird if their interested in this, but, whatever." He said, mana beginning to congeal at the soles of his feet. He gently floated into the air, a couple dozen shelves into the air, taking a few moments, before floating down.

"Welp, here you go." He said, handing Siglos the book. It was several thousand pages long, as such, it was extremely thick, and as Sylvia said, it had a red cover. It was also adorned with a golden spine. "You can honestly just keep the thing, nobody is gonna check it out anytime soon if you hadn't come..."

The librarian stayed silent for a moment, before shrugging. "Your friend sounds weird if their interested in this, but, whatever." He said, mana beginning to congeal at the soles of his feet. He gently floated into the air, a couple dozen shelves into the air, taking a few moments, before floating down.

"Welp, here you go." He said, handing Siglos the book. It was several thousand pages long, as such, it was extremely thick, and as Sylvia said, it had a red cover. It was also adorned with a golden spine. "You can honestly just keep the thing, nobody is gonna check it out anytime soon if you hadn't come..."
Siglos eagerly grabbed the book, the heavy tome nearly knocking him over as he struggled to lift the massive book.

"...T-thank...t-thank y-you, s-so much. W-we a-appreciate t-the assistance." Siglos murmured, shifting the weight to make it marginally easier to carry. Quickly, or as quick as he could with the book in his hands, he scampered outside, moving back to Sylvia.

"Shut up..." Sylvia said as she began reading, her voice marginally above a whisper.

"Jeanne was stabbed in the heart by a cursed dagger... And she's transforming into... this... So, that burning man must've been trying to turn Jeanne into his Kin... So he must've been a Rakshashin..."

"Shut up..." Sylvia said as she began reading, her voice marginally above a whisper.

"Jeanne was stabbed in the heart by a cursed dagger... And she's transforming into... this... So, that burning man must've been trying to turn Jeanne into his Kin... So he must've been a Rakshashin..."
"H-how can we stop that...?" Shalor murmured, seeming very scared

"So if she's becoming Kin... of course... a human body can't stand mana, even less so mana from a Demon... Of course she's in pain...!" Sylvia muttered, pressing her hand on a particular line on the page, ignoring Shalor.

"It's... in her heart... The problem is her heart..."

"Haaaa..." Sylvia sighed, "This is... more serious than just a simple curse. Velen definitely needs to know about this... No... with how smart that bastard is, he definitely already knows..."
"Then... why didn't he do anything...?" Shalor asked, he knew who Velen was vaguely, but he didn't really even know his title other then he was the leader of the church of the godess

"W-we need to tell this to Jeanne now...! And get her help...!" Shalor stopped himself with a deep breath "h-how can we stop it?" Shalor asked
"We... don't. There's no way to uh... stop it." Sylvia said, breathing out.

"Jeanne has basically been... branded by a Rakshashin. Their blood is flowing through her veins like a... pump, from her heart. At this point, the only way we could... really stop the process is by ripping out Jeanne's heart and... removing all of her blood."

Back