• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"...." Siglos stared at the ground, his ears twitching.

"...Y-you....y-you....a-are m-my f-friend...J-Jeanne. A-alright? I-it's...i-it is of...n-no... i-inconvenience...f-for me...t-to...f-focus on y-you...a-as well a-as myself..." Siglos said softly.
Jeanne breathed out, "I... suppose so. It's a... habit of mine, to put others before myself... haaaa..." She said, letting out a deep, deep breath.

Jeanne breathed out, "I... suppose so. It's a... habit of mine, to put others before myself... haaaa..." She said, letting out a deep, deep breath.
"...I-it's...a-alright to be...s-selfish...every n-now and then...Jeanne..." Siglos said softly. He flashed her a small smile, though he didn't meet her gaze.

"...I...I a-am a-at y-your service. W-what...w-whatever you may n-need."

"...I-it's...a-alright to be...s-selfish...every n-now and then...Jeanne..." Siglos said softly. He flashed her a small smile, though he didn't meet her gaze.

"...I...I a-am a-at y-your service. W-what...w-whatever you may n-need."
"...D-Do forgive me if this sounds weird, but..." Jeanne choked up on her words for a moment, scratching her cheek with her left hand as she spoke slowly.

"...H-Honestly... you might be the first person I've ever met whose told me that I can be..." Jeannne let out a breath.

"...S-Selfish."

"...D-Do forgive me if this sounds weird, but..." Jeanne choked up on her words for a moment, scratching her cheek with her left hand as she spoke slowly.

"...H-Honestly... you might be the first person I've ever met whose told me that I can be..." Jeannne let out a breath.

"...S-Selfish."
Siglos cocked his head at that, his ears twitching. His eyes traced the leather on the ground again, beginning to rub his hand across the unfinished sheath.

"...You...w-were never t-told s-such a t-thing? N-not even from y-your...past f-friends?" Siglos asked quietly.

Siglos cocked his head at that, his ears twitching. His eyes traced the leather on the ground again, beginning to rub his hand across the unfinished sheath.

"...You...w-were never t-told s-such a t-thing? N-not even from y-your...past f-friends?" Siglos asked quietly.
"...Past friends?" Jeanne muttered, simply turning away from Siglos as he noticed his attention would soon be returning to his work. Her eyes trailed across the area around them for a few moments, before she gulped, speaking.

"...I've never had any friends." She muttered.

"...Past friends?" Jeanne muttered, simply turning away from Siglos as he noticed his attention would soon be returning to his work. Her eyes trailed across the area around them for a few moments, before she gulped, speaking.

"...I've never had any friends." She muttered.
Siglos froze for a moment, his hand growing still on the leather.

"I...I hope you don't take offense b-but...I-It's hard to b-believe that, J-Jeanne. Y-you are...q-quite kind a-and c-charismatic. I-I'm s-sure y-you would have...n-no problem, a-attracting people..." He said softly.

Siglos froze for a moment, his hand growing still on the leather.

"I...I hope you don't take offense b-but...I-It's hard to b-believe that, J-Jeanne. Y-you are...q-quite kind a-and c-charismatic. I-I'm s-sure y-you would have...n-no problem, a-attracting people..." He said softly.
"I-It's not because I... d-didn't try to... to make friends, Siglos." Jeanne explained, a soft chill beginning to run down her spine as she spoke.

"When I was... younger, I simply never found the time for... friendships. Or acquaintances. I was always... busy with one thing or the other." Jeanne muttered, purposely not going into detail about what she was "busy" with.

Siglos hesitated for a moment, before slowly looking up at the girl.

"...I-I...d-do not w-wish to pry...Jeanne. I...I k-know w-what it's l-like to h-have a...l-lonely...c-childhood..." He muttered. He took a shaky breath, his eyes returning to the ground.

"...B-but...I...I a-am h-honored...t-to be y-your friend....truly..." He said softly.
Jeanne shook her head, "I... thank you for that, Siglos. Truly, I do... You... may really be the first friend I've had... since my pet rabbit, of course. Heh..."

"....O-oh...y-you had a p-pet rabbit? I...I d-didn't know y-you were a-an...animal person, J-Jeanne." Siglos said softly, a small smile crossing his face.
"Y-Yes... I did." Jeanne said with a soft smile, raising her right hand gently. Slowly, energy began to rise, this time, white instead of Scarlet, the girl's life force beginning to coalesce in the air, taking the shape, once again, of a rabbit.

"Her... name was Snowfall. She had beautiful white fur..." Jeanne said, the energy formed animal gently hopping through the air, particularly around Siglos.

"Y-Yes... I did." Jeanne said with a soft smile, raising her right hand gently. Slowly, energy began to rise, this time, white instead of Scarlet, the girl's life force beginning to coalesce in the air, taking the shape, once again, of a rabbit.

"Her... name was Snowfall. She had beautiful white fur..." Jeanne said, the energy formed animal gently hopping through the air, particularly around Siglos.
Unlike before, Siglos's eyes trailed the rabbit as it was formed, his smile widening as he saw the animal jump through the air.

"...S-she...s-seems quite wonderful..." Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he put a hand upward, hoping the rabbit would jump onto it.

Unlike before, Siglos's eyes trailed the rabbit as it was formed, his smile widening as he saw the animal jump through the air.

"...S-she...s-seems quite wonderful..." Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he put a hand upward, hoping the rabbit would jump onto it.
The artificial rabbit did just that, snuggling into the Everian's hand. Jeanne simply smiled as she watched this, the energy construct curling up in Siglos's palm.

"And she had... beautiful... beautiful red eyes..." Jeanne said, "She was... a magnificent animal... A very rare breed of rabbit, in this part of Argus..."

The artificial rabbit did just that, snuggling into the Everian's hand. Jeanne simply smiled as she watched this, the energy construct curling up in Siglos's palm.

"And she had... beautiful... beautiful red eyes..." Jeanne said, "She was... a magnificent animal... A very rare breed of rabbit, in this part of Argus..."
Siglos slowly raised his other hand, lowering one of his fingers to pat the rabbit on its head.

"...H-how d-did y-you...meet her?" Siglos said softly.

Each time the number of attacks grew Sylvia was quicker on her feet, adjusting her footwork to masterfully dodge each and every attack. This specific exchange right now, being pelted with attacks from all directions, was very, very familiar to the girl, clearly so, as if she'd experienced such a situation thousands of times in her life and was already used to it. That, along with the high-speed footwork and precision of this new stance, made Erebus's ranged attacks ineffective.
Dodge as she may, familiar it may be, there must a reason why he won't jump in and attack. The knives were planted to the ground like a tuft of large grass, now all melting as they fuse into the ground and create platforms to push Sylvia off the sky, with a series of black chains lifting her off.

Erebus knew that fighting her with the new stance on the ground would not work, given her new stance. So he figured he'd fight her in the sky, even though he knows she has wings.

Siglos slowly raised his other hand, lowering one of his fingers to pat the rabbit on its head.

"...H-how d-did y-you...meet her?" Siglos said softly.
The energy constructed rabbit gleefully nuzzled into Siglos's lowered finger, the man able to feel the softness of the creature's artificial fur. Clearly, Jeanne had changed the composition of her inner energy to replicate the feeling of an animals fur.

Jeanne remained silent for a few moments, before speaking. "I... found her. Her previous owner had abandoned her in the Summer, in the heat, where her breed of rabbit thrives the least... She was dying, I was young, and I... took her in. Fed her. Gave her some place cold to stay, until she recovered. And I... started calling her my own."
Dodge as she may, familiar it may be, there must a reason why he won't jump in and attack. The knives were planted to the ground like a tuft of large grass, now all melting as they fuse into the ground and create platforms to push Sylvia off the sky, with a series of black chains lifting her off.

Erebus knew that fighting her with the new stance on the ground would not work, given her new stance. So he figured he'd fight her in the sky, even though he knows she has wings.
Sylvia questioned why he wasn't coming out and simply attacking for only a moment until she saw the platforms Erebus had created under her, forcing the woman to take to the skies. With a flap of her wings, she took off several meters in the air, breaking her stance, but avoiding the attack.

The energy constructed rabbit gleefully nuzzled into Siglos's lowered finger, the man able to feel the softness of the creature's artificial fur. Clearly, Jeanne had changed the composition of her inner energy to replicate the feeling of an animals fur.

Jeanne remained silent for a few moments, before speaking. "I... found her. Her previous owner had abandoned her in the Summer, in the heat, where her breed of rabbit thrives the least... She was dying, I was young, and I... took her in. Fed her. Gave her some place cold to stay, until she recovered. And I... started calling her my own."

Sylvia questioned why he wasn't coming out and simply attacking for only a moment until she saw the platforms Erebus had created under her, forcing the woman to take to the skies. With a flap of her wings, she took off several meters in the air, breaking her stance, but avoiding the attack.
The moment she flies into the sky, she was met by a black silhouette, the attack seeming more like a.. black blur with how fast it was, and less akin to an actual sword swing.

Shalor opened his eyes, his focus on Chi dissipating "We're trying not to break the place right?"
”I know, but it's not like we have a lot of test dummies here either, besides I don't think you'll split the city in half or bother anyone, it'll probably just leave a little crate at most.” She lowered her shoulders, they really didn't have many options

Siglos gingerly lowered his cheek, gently nuzzling the rabbit in return.

"...T-that w-was...v-very k-kind of y-you, Jeanne. I-I'm...s-sure she.... a-appreciate y-your g-generosity..." He murmured.

The moment she flies into the sky, she was met by a black silhouette, the attack seeming more like a.. black blur with how fast it was, and less akin to an actual sword swing.
Sylvia grabbed the blade, her index finger and thumb pinning the sword into an iron grip without her even looking at it. She lunged forward with the sword still in her vice grip, her wings propelling her towards Erebus as she pulled him into a functionally unavoidable attack once more, lest he, again, decided to abandon his weapon. Her injured fist was clenched tightly, moving to shove itself into Erebus's face.
Siglos gingerly lowered his cheek, gently nuzzling the rabbit in return.

"...T-that w-was...v-very k-kind of y-you, Jeanne. I-I'm...s-sure she.... a-appreciate y-your g-generosity..." He murmured.
"I'm... sure she did, yes..." Jeanne murmured, looking down. Her right fist clenched, her claws burying into her palm tightly as blood poured from the newly formed openings in her mutated palm. Clearly, bad memories were resurfacing for her.

"I'm... sure she did, yes..." Jeanne murmured, looking down. Her right fist clenched, her claws burying into her palm tightly as blood poured from the newly formed openings in her mutated palm. Clearly, bad memories were resurfacing for her.
Siglos glanced over at Jeanne for a moment, watching as the blood dripped onto the decorative ground below.

"...J-Jeanne y-you're...e-erm...you're b-bleeding." Siglos said softly, worry creeping into his voice.

Siglos glanced over at Jeanne for a moment, watching as the blood dripped onto the decorative ground below.

"...J-Jeanne y-you're...e-erm...you're b-bleeding." Siglos said softly, worry creeping into his voice.
"Am I...?" Jeanne muttered, glancing over at Siglos. Her eyes were a deep, deep... scarlet, several gentle spirals manifesting within her crimson pupils.

"Could... could you heal me, please...? If it's no trouble..." She then requested, closing her eyes.

SIglos's eyes lingered on Jeanne's for a moment, the Everian's mind drifting back to the eye spirals of his mate and Cain. He remembered their eyes being able to change color as well.

"....I-it's a-almost like a R-Rakshashin..." He thought. He hesitated, before quickly nodding.

"E-erm...r-right...s-sorry..." Siglos murmured. Quickly, he dug into his bag his hands wrapping around one of his healing potions. He pulled it out, handing it to Jeanne.

"...J-just p-pour a b-bit on y-your hand. I-it...s-should h-heal r-right up..."

"No need to apologize... I should be um... more careful, with my right hand." Jeanne said with an awkward chuckle, gingerly grabbing the potion with her other hand. Slowly, she poured the liquid over her palm, the holes beginning to painfully sear shut.

"S-So... How's the uh... sheath coming along...?" Jeanne asked. She kept her eyes closed while speaking.

Sylvia grabbed the blade, her index finger and thumb pinning the sword into an iron grip without her even looking at it. She lunged forward with the sword still in her vice grip, her wings propelling her towards Erebus as she pulled him into a functionally unavoidable attack once more, lest he, again, decided to abandon his weapon. Her injured fist was clenched tightly, moving to shove itself into Erebus's face.
As she pulled him closer trying to grab his weapon again, Erebus tried to slice her grip by kicking his sword downward, using the momentum to produce a downward motion to butcher her fingers. As the fist tried shoving itself to Erebus, he grabbed it with his hand, opening the cannon from inside whilst grabbing, and firing it point-blank at her fist.

"No need to apologize... I should be um... more careful, with my right hand." Jeanne said with an awkward chuckle, gingerly grabbing the potion with her other hand. Slowly, she poured the liquid over her palm, the holes beginning to painfully sear shut.

"S-So... How's the uh... sheath coming along...?" Jeanne asked. She kept her eyes closed while speaking.
"T-The s-sheathe...?" Siglos murmured. He hesitated for a moment, before quickly shaking his head.

"O-oh! R-right...the s-sheath is...p-pretty m-much completed. U-unless y-you have any...specific e-enchantments you'd l-like added..."

As she pulled him closer trying to grab his weapon again, Erebus tried to slice her grip by kicking his sword downward, using the momentum to produce a downward motion to butcher her fingers. As the fist tried shoving itself to Erebus, he grabbed it with his hand, opening the cannon from inside whilst grabbing, and firing it point-blank at her fist.
Sylvia immediately shifted her grip as the sword moved, her fingers once again catching the blade. Sylvia, while hindered by the explosion directly to her already injured fist, didn't falter, beginning to apply downward force with her wings as she and Erebus began hurdling towards the ground at high speeds.
"T-The s-sheathe...?" Siglos murmured. He hesitated for a moment, before quickly shaking his head.

"O-oh! R-right...the s-sheath is...p-pretty m-much completed. U-unless y-you have any...specific e-enchantments you'd l-like added..."
"N-No, it's fine as is, I was just... checking the progress." Jeanne said, opening her eyes, which had reverted back to blue. Gently, she looked down at the sheath, inspecting the design.

"N-No, it's fine as is, I was just... checking the progress." Jeanne said, opening her eyes, which had reverted back to blue. Gently, she looked down at the sheath, inspecting the design.
The design was...elaborate say the least. In the center, stood a sun, its rays stretching across the sheathe as thin rays across the leather. Within the sun stood spirals and runes of complex designs in shape, forming an intricate, yet recognizable pattern. Should one stare at the sun for long enough, however, they would notice that it wasn't a circle, rather...it was in the shape of a woman's head, feint indentations marking her mouth and nose. The rays of the sun, when looked at another way, could be seen as the locks of her hair, flowing across the sheathe as if spread by the winds themselves.

"...I-I u-uh...h-hope y-you l-like it." Siglos said, chuckling awkwardly. He glanced at her eyes for a moment, inwardly relieved that had returned to normal.

The design was...elaborate say the least. In the center, stood a sun, its rays stretching across the sheathe as thin rays across the leather. Within the sun stood spirals and runes of complex designs in shape, forming an intricate, yet recognizable pattern. Should one stare at the sun for long enough, however, they would notice that it wasn't a circle, rather...it was in the shape of a woman's head, feint indentations marking her mouth and nose. The rays of the sun, when looked at another way, could be seen as the locks of her hair, flowing across the sheathe as if spread by the winds themselves.

"...I-I u-uh...h-hope y-you l-like it." Siglos said, chuckling awkwardly. He glanced at her eyes for a moment, inwardly relieved that had returned to normal.
Jeanne continued to stare at the completed sheath, admiring its design for several long, drawn out moments. Her eyes widened slightly as she gently picked it up, looking at the center of the design.

"Who is this... woman, you've engraved into it?" She then asked, curious about Siglos's choice of design.

Sylvia immediately shifted her grip as the sword moved, her fingers once again catching the blade. Sylvia, while hindered by the explosion directly to her already injured fist, didn't falter, beginning to apply downward force with her wings as she and Erebus began hurdling towards the ground at high speeds.
As she was only gripping the sword and not him, he attaches many black chains as he attaches a hook above and pull himself upwards. Then, he prepares to jump down, grabbing the handle and pushing the sword directly pass her grip and shoving it down as he gains the downward momentum.

As she was only gripping the sword and not him, he attaches many black chains as he attaches a hook above and pull himself upwards. Then, he prepares to jump down, grabbing the handle and pushing the sword directly pass her grip and shoving it down as he gains the downward momentum.
Sylvia instantly wrapped her legs around Erebus's waist, her muscles tightening violently, keeping him from pulling himself upward and effectively trapping him in a vice grip as they both slammed into the ground with extreme force.

Jeanne continued to stare at the completed sheath, admiring its design for several long, drawn out moments. Her eyes widened slightly as she gently picked it up, looking at the center of the design.

"Who is this... woman, you've engraved into it?" She then asked, curious about Siglos's choice of design.
Siglos gingerly rubbed his neck, clearly a bit embarrassed.

"...W-well...e-erm...s-she w-was...m-meant t-to r-represent t-the g-goddess...m-my...interpretation o-of her...a-anyway." Siglos murmured.

"...I-I f-figured...s-since y-you...erm...w-want t-to b-be a knight...i-it would...b-be...f-fitting for y-your sheath t-to be...decorated i-in such a m-manner..."

Siglos gingerly rubbed his neck, clearly a bit embarrassed.

"...W-well...e-erm...s-she w-was...m-meant t-to r-represent t-the g-goddess...m-my...interpretation o-of her...a-anyway." Siglos murmured.

"...I-I f-figured...s-since y-you...erm...w-want t-to b-be a knight...i-it would...b-be...f-fitting for y-your sheath t-to be...decorated i-in such a m-manner..."
"That's... That's wonderful, Siglo- EEP!!" Jeanne was just about to speak but was sharply interuppted by the sound of Sylvia and Erebus barreling into the ground a couple dozen meters away from them, immediately jumping back.

Siglos immediately jumped to his feet, just to stumble and fall onto his back a few moments later as he tried to step backward.

“W-wha…h-huh???” Siglos said, his hat falling off his head in the midst of his hurried movements. He looked around quickly, his eyes settling on Sylvia and Erebus.

“H-honey!!??” Siglos said. His eyes widening as he saw the two massive warriors grapple each other.

Sylvia instantly wrapped her legs around Erebus's waist, her muscles tightening violently, keeping him from pulling himself upward and effectively trapping him in a vice grip as they both slammed into the ground with extreme force.
As her legs wrapped around him, Erebus had analyzed the possible situation of it happening as well as its trajectory, and slipped directly out her grasp, seemingly disappearing as the cape reveals that he's nowhere to be found, including his sword.

Back