• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Jeanne's eyes widened as Siglos hugged her, the girl not knowing how to respond. "I... I... Th-Thank y-you... S-Siglos..." She whispered, not knowing if she should return the hug.
Siglos slowly pulled away, his ears twitching visibly. He…didn’t know how to comfort people, so he had simply defaulted to the action that brought him the most comfort. Unsure of what reaction to expect, The Everian grew increasingly anxious, inwardly wondering if that has been the best choice.

“I-I u-uh…” Siglos looked at her blankly, before quickly shaking his head.

“D-does…d-does…V-Velen k-know…?” He asked quietly.

Sylvia instantly analyzed every attack coming towards her, predicting their trajectory and immediately making a plan to dodge. Doing this in turn, as Erebus intended, forced Sylvia to release her grip of his sword as the woman moved backward after dodging the attacks, her hand having been split down the middle all the way to her wrist, and to top it off, her other hand had been pierced by Erebus's armor. Now, the other wounds, she healed instantly, but her split hand was a... different issue entirely. It didn't hurt, but it wasn't healing, and blood was pouring from the wound at an alarming rate.

"Damn..." She thought to herself, wrapping solidified darkness around her wounded hand, stopping the bleeding immediately as she artificially held her hand together due to not being able to properly regenerate it.
Erebus snatches his sword back, the harpoon returning to his hand as it made a clicking sound. Normally, he'd go for the kill and finish it when the opponent's guard is down. But this time he wants to restrict himself and see how more Sylvia can fight, drawing his sword as he prepares for her attack, sizing the lady up.

It was an unusual feeling. Before, he was a merciless, bloodlusted, and cold-blooded killer he used to be back in his hay day. Instead, he's very relaxed and composed, not angry nor elated at all... It's just him and his sword... nothing more.

Siglos slowly pulled away, his ears twitching visibly. He…didn’t know how to comfort people, so he had simply defaulted to the action that brought him the most comfort. Unsure of what reaction to expect, The Everian grew increasingly anxious, inwardly wondering if that has been the best choice.

“I-I u-uh…” Siglos looked at her blankly, before quickly shaking his head.

“D-does…d-does…V-Velen k-know…?” He asked quietly.
"...I... h-haven't told him, no." Jeanne said, shaking her head. "I haven't... t-told a-anybody...b-but... b-but y-you..."
Erebus snatches his sword back, the harpoon returning to his hand as it made a clicking sound. Normally, he'd go for the kill and finish it when the opponent's guard is down. But this time he wants to restrict himself and see how more Sylvia can fight, drawing his sword as he prepares for her attack, sizing the lady up.

It was an unusual feeling. Before, he was a merciless, bloodlusted, and cold-blooded killer he used to be back in his hay day. Instead, he's very relaxed and composed, not angry nor elated at all... It's just him and his sword... nothing more.
Sylvia just groaned, shaking her head. "He's sizing me up..." She thought to herself as she switched into a new stance, her eyes narrowing as she did her best to keep her cool. He was more experienced than her, that much was obvious, but, she wouldn't rush in blindly. She awaited Erebus to make his move, also sizing up his abilities, trying to deduce his next plan.

"...I... h-haven't told him, no." Jeanne said, shaking her head. "I haven't... t-told a-anybody...b-but... b-but y-you..."
Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...T-thank...t-thank y-you...Jeanne. F-for....f-for....t-telling m-me...a-about t-this..." He said softly. His ears twitched, a look of concern visible on his face.

"...W-when y-you...y-you t-talk t-to V-Velen....p-please...p-please...t-tell him. H-he...h-he...h-he could h-help y-you. Y-you...y-you n-need...h-help..." He murmured.

Noah chuckled slightly. ¨Well, try to concentrate or think on a relaxing image to be able to gather every bit of your power¨
"O-Okay..." Shalor murmured, closing his eyes and trying to do just that, wincing a bit after just a moment, his markings glowing a bit as he staggered a little, both form the attempt failing and his markings' strange reaction to Shalor trying to channel his chi

Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...T-thank...t-thank y-you...Jeanne. F-for....f-for....t-telling m-me...a-about t-this..." He said softly. His ears twitched, a look of concern visible on his face.

"...W-when y-you...y-you t-talk t-to V-Velen....p-please...p-please...t-tell him. H-he...h-he...h-he could h-help y-you. Y-you...y-you n-need...h-help..." He murmured.
"I... I-I k-know... Siglos... I.. I know... It's just..." Jeanne breathed out, leaning back a bit.

"I can manage for now without any sleep... But when I get the chance, I'll... I'll talk to Velen about this."

"O-Okay..." Shalor murmured, closing his eyes and trying to do just that, wincing a bit after just a moment, his markings glowing a bit as he staggered a little, both form the attempt failing and his markings' strange reaction to Shalor trying to channel his chi
Noah notices this, she could feel how the flow of Chi in Shalor's body was beginning to appear.

"You're doing well, keep it up," She said

¨Okay, then stop slowly¨ She said beginning to think what could be caused Shalor to start feeling pain, for what she knew humans don't affect them in such a way the use of Chi
Shalor took deep breaths, slowly, but surely, he stopped using his Chi, and his markings stopped glowing, the red light dying down as he opened his eyes and looked straight at the ground "what did I do wrong..." He murmured quietly

Shalor took deep breaths, slowly, but surely, he stopped using his Chi, and his markings stopped glowing, the red light dying down as he opened his eyes and looked straight at the ground "what did I do wrong..." He murmured quietly
"I don't know, but when you find your marks shine, I could feel your Chi increasing at that moment and something else but I don't know what it is "

Sylvia just groaned, shaking her head. "He's sizing me up..." She thought to herself as she switched into a new stance, her eyes narrowing as she did her best to keep her cool. He was more experienced than her, that much was obvious, but, she wouldn't rush in blindly. She awaited Erebus to make his move, also sizing up his abilities, trying to deduce his next plan.
Erebus waited for a moment, noticing her change in stance. He knows she's doing the same as she's analyzing him, but sometimes there is a simple solution, "simple" in the sense of predictable.

He leaps forward, this time not using flinging himself with a sword, and one that is slightly slower.

"I... I-I k-know... Siglos... I.. I know... It's just..." Jeanne breathed out, leaning back a bit.

"I can manage for now without any sleep... But when I get the chance, I'll... I'll talk to Velen about this."
Siglos said nothing for a moment, shifting uncomfortably where he sat.

"...J-Jeanne..." Siglos began. He trailed off, his eyes drifting to the ground.

"...I-I'm...s-sorry. I...j-just...I...I"

"...I-I...h-had...n-no i-idea. Y-you...w-were...s-suffering...t-to...t-to s-such a-an e-extent..."

Erebus waited for a moment, noticing her change in stance. He knows she's doing the same as she's analyzing him, but sometimes there is a simple solution, "simple" in the sense of predictable.

He leaps forward, this time not using flinging himself with a sword, and one that is slightly slower.
The moment Erebus was within range he was met with a straight punch, the attack seeming more like a... flash of light with how fast it was, and less akin to an actual attack. Clearly, this stance was meant for high speed attacks.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, shifting uncomfortably where he sat.

"...J-Jeanne..." Siglos began. He trailed off, his eyes drifting to the ground.

"...I-I'm...s-sorry. I...j-just...I...I"

"...I-I...h-had...n-no i-idea. Y-you...w-were...s-suffering...t-to...t-to s-such a-an e-extent..."
"What are you apologizing for, Siglos...? You... haa... you didn't do anything wrong." Jeanne muttered.

The moment Erebus was within range he was met with a straight punch, the attack seeming more like a... flash of light with how fast it was, and less akin to an actual attack. Clearly, this stance was meant for high speed attacks.
Sylvia took the bait, as the flash of light seemingly left a black cape to float around.

Erebus was already gone by the time punch took place. He knew something was already off with the stance and leaped forward not without a purpose. He deliberately chose to slow down his leap so as to not get hit with unexpected sudden attacks. Should Sylvia think he's above again, swords are shot down from the sky.

Sylvia took the bait, as the flash of light seemingly left a black cape to float around.

Erebus was already gone by the time punch took place. He knew something was already off with the stance and leaped forward not without a purpose. He deliberately chose to slow down his leap so as to not get hit with unexpected sudden attacks. Should Sylvia think he's above again, swords are shot down from the sky.
Sylvia's footwork instantly changed, the girl sliding across the ground and instantly creating distance between Erebus and his air attack while also maintaining her stance, dodging the attack seamlessly. Her movements were different from before, faster, clearly this stance didn't only focus on high-speed attacks...

Sylvia's footwork instantly changed, the girl sliding across the ground and instantly creating distance between Erebus and his air attack while also maintaining her stance, dodging the attack seamlessly. Her movements were different from before, faster, clearly this stance didn't only focus on high-speed attacks...
Erebus wasn't in the air as she looks up.

Swords began to shoot from the side, and from the ground. It wasn't just her that had changed stances...

Siglos said nothing, slowly shaking his head.

“I-I’m…I-I’m…j-just…j-just s-sorry…I…I h-haven’t b-been a…b-better f-friend…J-Jeanne.” He said quietly.
Jeanne said nothing for a few moments as well, before sighing and looking up at Siglos, her currently sky blue eyes meeting with his.

"You've been going through a lot of your own issues as well, Siglos... I don't blame you for not taking time for me." She said softly.

Jeanne said nothing for a few moments as well, before sighing and looking up at Siglos, her currently sky blue eyes meeting with his.

"You've been going through a lot of your own issues as well, Siglos... I don't blame you for not taking time for me." She said softly.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly shaking his head.

"...A...a-alright...Jeanne..." Siglos murmured.

"...B-but....i-if...i-if...i-if there's...a-anything I-I can d-do. A-anything...t-to m-make y-you m-more...c-comfortable. P-please...p-please...l-let me k-know..." Siglos said softly.

As she dodge each one with precision, so too are the amount and speed of the knives shooting out, appearing like a series of black lines instead.
Each time the number of attacks grew Sylvia was quicker on her feet, adjusting her footwork to masterfully dodge each and every attack. This specific exchange right now, being pelted with attacks from all directions, was very, very familiar to the girl, clearly so, as if she'd experienced such a situation thousands of times in her life and was already used to it. That, along with the high-speed footwork and precision of this new stance, made Erebus's ranged attacks ineffective.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly shaking his head.

"...A...a-alright...Jeanne..." Siglos murmured.

"...B-but....i-if...i-if...i-if there's...a-anything I-I can d-do. A-anything...t-to m-make y-you m-more...c-comfortable. P-please...p-please...l-let me k-know..." Siglos said softly.
"You... don't have to do anything for me, Siglos. I just... I want you to focus on... you." Jeanne said, shaking her head. "I'll manage... fine."

//Ayo, are there any rules or something I have to follow in order to join this RP thread? Do I have to create an OC character profile or something or what?

"You... don't have to do anything for me, Siglos. I just... I want you to focus on... you." Jeanne said, shaking her head. "I'll manage... fine."
"...." Siglos stared at the ground, his ears twitching.

"...Y-you....y-you....a-are m-my f-friend...J-Jeanne. A-alright? I-it's...i-it is of...n-no... i-inconvenience...f-for me...t-to...f-focus on y-you...a-as well a-as myself..." Siglos said softly.

Back