• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Cain snarled gently, baring her fangs towards the small man. "Explain..."
Siglos flinched slightly, his hands raising to cover his neck again.

"...W-well...S-Sylvia...w-wants t-to...t-talk t-to you..." Siglos said softly.

"...I...I w-won't p-put w-words i-in h-her mouth...y-you...s-should hear h-her out y-yourself. B-but...i-it's...a-about y-your friendship... a-and...h-how she's been t-treating y-you l-lately..." He said softly.

Siglos flinched slightly, his hands raising to cover his neck again.

"...W-well...S-Sylvia...w-wants t-to...t-talk t-to you..." Siglos said softly.

"...I...I w-won't p-put w-words i-in h-her mouth...y-you...s-should hear h-her out y-yourself. B-but...i-it's...a-about y-your friendship... a-and...h-how she's been t-treating y-you l-lately..." He said softly.
"...She hasn't been treating me any particular way." Cain said, turning away from Siglos.

"She hasn't even spoken to me, in fact....."

"...She hasn't been treating me any particular way." Cain said, turning away from Siglos.

"She hasn't even spoken to me, in fact....."
"...T-that's...w-what s-she w-want's t-to t-talk to y-you about..." Siglos said softly.

"...S-she...c-cares about y-you. A-and...k-know's s-she...h-hasn't been s-speaking t-to y-you a-as often as...y-you deserve..." Siglos said softly.

"I planned to go to her... Even if you didn't ask me to." Cain said, letting out a sigh.
"Oh." Siglos said blankly. Awkwardly, he rubbed his sore neck, wondering if he could've avoided this entire ordeal. He said nothing for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...I...I'm grateful, C-Cain. I-I...j-just w-want...S-Sylvia t-to be...h-happy..." He said softly, his ears twitching.

(Are there any nearby restaurants or places to eat and drink, @azontr?)
(Several.)
"Oh." Siglos said blankly. Awkwardly, he rubbed his sore neck, wondering if he could've avoided this entire ordeal. He said nothing for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...I...I'm grateful, C-Cain. I-I...j-just w-want...S-Sylvia t-to be...h-happy..." He said softly, his ears twitching.
Cain sighed, shaking her head.

"For what's it worth... I'm sorry. You didn't deserve to be attacked..."

Cain sighed, shaking her head.

"For what's it worth... I'm sorry. You didn't deserve to be attacked..."
Siglos's eyes widened slightly, not really expecting Cain to apologize. He said nothing for a moment, before flashing her a forced smile.

"...T-thank you, C-Cain" He said softly. Slowly he stood up from the bed, smoothing out the wrinkles in his cloak.

"...W-we...d-don't n-need t-to...t-tell Sylvia...a-about this t-though..." He added quietly.

Last edited:
(Oh, nice)
Erebus decides to go and look out for a nearby restaurant to get something to eat.
(Erebus won't be served if he decides to go, lol.)
"Shaken." Shalor gave a quiet one-word response
"I guess that makes sense, I would be in that state" She said, while holding her own two arms thinking
Jeanne came back a few minutes later, breathing out. "I... spoke with the guard. They said we... aren't allowed to leave. Apparently, the Court Mage put out an order. Nobody allowed in Aegis or out of Aegis, until further notice..."
Siglos's eyes widened slightly, not really expecting Cain to apologize. He said nothing for a moment, before flashing her a forced smile.

"...T-thank you, C-Cain" He said softly. Slowly he stood up from the bed, smoothing out the wrinkles in his cloak.

"...W-we...d-don't n-need t-to...t-tell Sylvia...a-about this t-though..." He added quietly.
"...If you do, I'll chop your dick off and eat it." Cain said, snarling. It did seem like she was... partially, joking. Partially.

(Erebus won't be served if he decides to go, lol.)

Jeanne came back a few minutes later, breathing out. "I... spoke with the guard. They said we... aren't allowed to leave. Apparently, the Court Mage put out an order. Nobody allowed in Aegis or out of Aegis, until further notice..."

"...If you do, I'll chop your dick off and eat it." Cain said, snarling. It did seem like she was... partially, joking. Partially.
"..." Shalor took a moment to process that before speaking "a-ah, well ask them if there's anywhere we can train without breaking things..." Shalor responded, looking up finally

Siglos flinched for a moment, before flashing a crooked smile. An awkward chuckle escaped his lips, the Everian choosing to believe it was a joke.

“I-I’ll…erm…k-keep t-that…I-in mind…” He muttered. Quickly, he began to walk to the door, his pace notably hurried.

"..." Shalor took a moment to process that before speaking "a-ah, well ask them if there's anywhere we can train without breaking things..." Shalor responded, looking up finally
"I... don't believe I can ask." Jeanne said, turning back slightly, merely glancing. "They... d-don't like me very much. I think we'll just have to search on our own, I am afraid."
Siglos flinched for a moment, before flashing a crooked smile. An awkward chuckle escaped his lips, the Everian choosing to believe it was a joke.

“I-I’ll…erm…k-keep t-that…I-in mind…” He muttered. Quickly, he began to walk to the door, his pace notably hurried.
Cain followed Siglos, moving next to him. "Go on... Lead the way to Sylvia."

"I... don't believe I can ask." Jeanne said, turning back slightly, merely glancing. "They... d-don't like me very much. I think we'll just have to search on our own, I am afraid."

"Of course they do... of course they do..." Shalor murmured in frustration "All right let's get searching then...!" Shalor said after shaking himself hard

“O-oh!” Siglos murmured. He trembled slightly, before taking a soft breath, visibly uncomfortable.

“S-sure…s-she’s…erm…r-right o-outside…” He murmured. He quickly opened the door, beginning to walk towards the entrance, inwardly hoping Sylvia hadn’t moved.

"Of course they do... of course they do..." Shalor murmured in frustration "All right let's get searching then...!" Shalor said after shaking himself hard
"Well" she said while concentrating on her vision to be able to see well what could be a perfect place

"Well" she said while concentrating on her vision to be able to see well what could be a perfect place
Jeanne sighed, "Should we maybe go back and... invite Erebus to join us? No establishment will let him in, most definitely, so, it may ease his boredom..."
“O-oh!” Siglos murmured. He trembled slightly, before taking a soft breath, visibly uncomfortable.

“S-sure…s-she’s…erm…r-right o-outside…” He murmured. He quickly opened the door, beginning to walk towards the entrance, inwardly hoping Sylvia hadn’t moved.
Cain simply nodded, following Siglos out of the inn. Outside, Sylvia could be seen, waiting patiently outside of the inn, swiftly tapping her feet against the ground as she chewed on her painted finger nails.

"There you guys are..." Sylvia muttered as she turned to Siglos and Cain, having instantly noticed their arrival.

Cain simply nodded, following Siglos out of the inn. Outside, Sylvia could be seen, waiting patiently outside of the inn, swiftly tapping her feet against the ground as she chewed on her painted finger nails.

"There you guys are..." Sylvia muttered as she turned to Siglos and Cain, having instantly noticed their arrival.
Siglos gave her a small wave, shifting slightly so that his cloak would cover his bruised neck.

“S-sorry w-we…t-took s-so long, h-honey…” Siglos murmured.

Siglos gave her a small wave, shifting slightly so that his cloak would cover his bruised neck.

“S-sorry w-we…t-took s-so long, h-honey…” Siglos murmured.
"No, No, it's fine... Thank you for bringing her here, darling." Sylvia said with a light smile, "Would you please... give us some space? I promise we won't be long..."
"...I don't really care." Shalor murmured
"Shalor... We don't have to train, if you're not feeling well..." Jeanne said, "I honestly think you should rest..."

"No, No, it's fine... Thank you for bringing her here, darling." Sylvia said with a light smile, "Would you please... give us some space? I promise we won't be long..."
“…O-of course my l-love. T-take…as long a-as you n-need….” Siglos said softly. He glanced around for a moment, and, noticing that Erebus was standing in the distance, began to stumble toward the Rakshashin, inwardly glad he wouldn’t need to go back into the inn again.

Erebus notices the people not letting him in and simply went back to his spot. "Welp, there goes my shot at getting some coffee..."
As Erebus was standing in his spot, he could notice the small, Everian man approach him, his boots landing softly on the cobblestone road.

"...H-hello...E-Erebus..." Siglos murmured. He gave the man a small wave, his ears twitching slightly on his head.

“…O-of course my l-love. T-take…as long a-as you n-need….” Siglos said softly. He glanced around for a moment, and, noticing that Erebus was standing in the distance, began to stumble toward the Rakshashin, inwardly glad he wouldn’t need to go back into the inn again.

As Erebus was standing in his spot, he could notice the small, Everian man approach him, his boots landing softly on the cobblestone road.

"...H-hello...E-Erebus..." Siglos murmured. He gave the man a small wave, his ears twitching slightly on his head.
"Hello," he said, waving back. "Guess you're bringing Cain, huh?" he said, looking closer at his neck, "And by bringing her, I meant, you were nearly choked to death, no?"

"Hello," he said, waving back. "Guess you're bringing Cain, huh?" he said, looking closer at his neck, "And by bringing her, I meant, you were nearly choked to death, no?"
Siglos flinched, quickly shifting his cloak to better conceal the wounds on his neck.

"...I-it...w-was an...a-accident. S-she...m-mistook me a-as an e-enemy..." He said quietly.

Siglos flinched, quickly shifting his cloak to better conceal the wounds on his neck.

"...I-it...w-was an...a-accident. S-she...m-mistook me a-as an e-enemy..." He said quietly.
"I ain't your fault lad... It's common nature for us Rakshashins to do that...", he said, patting his head as he crossed his arms. "Don't worry, she'll get used to the friendly environment outside her homeland."

"I ain't your fault lad... It's common nature for us Rakshashins to do that...", he said, patting his head as he crossed his arms. "Don't worry, she'll get used to the friendly environment outside her homeland."
Siglos hesitated for a moment, before taking a soft breath, seemingly a bit comforted by his words.

“…W-was it…the s-same for you? W-when you…l-left your homeland, I m-mean…” He asked.

Siglos hesitated for a moment, before taking a soft breath, seemingly a bit comforted by his words.

“…W-was it…the s-same for you? W-when you…l-left your homeland, I m-mean…” He asked.
"Well... Yeah.." he said, taking a deep breath, before speaking. "However, I controlled that part of me- used it as a weapon for good. And perhaps the two will soon know how to. Maybe they do, albeit subconsciously... To be honest, you kinda me of an old friend Siglos.." he said.

Back