• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos shook his head, gingerly rubbing a hand over his neck.

“Y-you two, d-deserve some…a-alone time. I-I’ll b-be fine…” He said softly.

“M-maybe J-Jeanne w-will l-let me…watch her t-training, I-in the meantime…” He said softly, glancing at the girl.
"Yeah... Maybe." Sylvia murmured, glancing over at Jeanne. "Just... be safe."
"Even if you're just a knight in training you're leagues above what I can do!" Shalor responded
"I... guess so. I just never thought I'd be teaching anybody..." Jeanne said, scratching her neck awkwardly.

"Okay... take your time..." he said, doing a thumbs up with his right hand.
Sylvia glanced towards Erebus, shaking her head, smiling a bit. "That's, Erebus... I guess."
"I'm sure you'll do great!" Shalor said, trying to be positive as well as genuinely believing that
"I... guess. I'll try my best to teach you all I can, I suppose." Jeane said, smiling lightly.

"Great...!" Shalor responded, looking around as he tried to remember where to go in order to leave the city to do so
"Just... follow me, Shalor. I can get us out." Jeanne said, sighing.
Siglos flashed Sylvia a shaky smile. Gingerly, he leaned forward, pressing a kiss onto her hand.

“I will m-my love…” He said softly. Slowly, he moved away from Sylvia, making his way into the inn.
Cain was still in the same room she was in, sleeping soundly on her bed. Curled up into a ball like a cat, the noble Rakshashin heiress' snores could be heard from her room, easily identified from her room by her voice.

Cain was still in the same room she was in, sleeping soundly on her bed. Curled up into a ball like a cat, the noble Rakshashin heiress' snores could be heard from her room, easily identified from her room by her voice.
Siglos glanced around anxiously, inwardly worried Alexia would see him and ask him to leave. Truthfully…he wasn’t sure how mad she was about the earlier events, if she was even mad at all. His ears twitched suddenly, the familiar sound of Cain’s voice reaching his ears.

“…I…I didn’t think C-Cain was the t-type to t-take naps…” Siglos muttered to himself. Gingerly he approached the source of the noise, tapping his hand on the door a few times in hopes of waking her.

Siglos glanced around anxiously, inwardly worried Alexia would see him and ask him to leave. Truthfully…he wasn’t sure how mad she was about the earlier events, if she was even mad at all. His ears twitched suddenly, the familiar sound of Cain’s voice reaching his ears.

“…I…I didn’t think C-Cain was the t-type to t-take naps…” Siglos muttered to himself. Gingerly he approached the source of the noise, tapping his hand on the door a few times in hopes of waking her.
As Siglos knocked on the door, he instantly heard rapid footsteps coming towards the door, which swung open. In an instant, he could feel a large, meaty hand wrap around his neck, pressing him against the opposing wall.

"Who the hell are you...!?" She exclaimed, purple rims coating the edge of her golden pupils. (Like this)
"All right...!" Shalor responded, looking expectantly at Jeanne
Jeanne began to lead Shalor and Noah to the gates of the city, the gates tightly shut. "Of course the gates are shut... Gimme a sec, lemme do the talking."

As Siglos knocked on the door, he instantly heard rapid footsteps coming towards the door, which swung open. In an instant, he could feel a large, meaty hand wrap around his neck, pressing him against the opposing wall.

"Who the hell are you...!?" She exclaimed, purple rims coating the edge of her golden pupils. (Like this)
Siglos’s eyes widened, a rush of terror overcoming his body. Desperately, he grabbed onto the hand that was restraining him, his choked breath struggling to rise from his throat.

“C…C….C…C-Cain…!?” He choked out.

Siglos’s eyes widened, a rush of terror overcoming his body. Desperately, he grabbed onto the hand that was restraining him, his choked breath struggling to rise from his throat.

“C…C….C…C-Cain…!?” He choked out.
His attempts were futile, the grip around his neck tightening ever so slightly. "How the hell do you know my ******* name... Is this an ambush!? Trying to kill me while I sleep?!? Did my father send you here!?!?!"
That seemed to immediately darken Shalor's mood as he remembered why the gates were likely shut, with him tuning his gaze to the ground and remaining silent
"Take your Time" Noah said with a smile
Jeanne nodded and sighed, heading over to the gate to speak to the inner guard and leaving Shalor and Noah alone for the time being.

His attempts were futile, the grip around his neck tightening ever so slightly. "How the hell do you know my ******* name... Is this an ambush!? Trying to kill me while I sleep?!? Did my father send you here!?!?!"
Tears quickly sprung from Siglos’s eyes, the painful grip quickly causing the skin to redden around his neck. He let out a soft, pained whimper, thrashing uselessly within her grip.

“F-f…father?? A…a…a-ambush…?” He choked out. His tone dripped with confusion, fear thick in his words. He contemplated attempting to reach for a teleportation stone in his bag…but doubted he could grab it fast enough to escape.

Tears quickly sprung from Siglos’s eyes, the painful grip quickly causing the skin to redden around his neck. He let out a soft, pained whimper, thrashing uselessly within her grip.

“F-f…father?? A…a…a-ambush…?” He choked out. His tone dripped with confusion, fear thick in his words. He contemplated attempting to reach for a teleportation stone in his bag…but doubted he could grab it fast enough to escape.
Cain continued to glare at Siglos, "You... you are..." Her grip began to gently loosen as she heard his voice, her breath quickening. Her grip continued to loosen until it was released completely, causing Siglos to fall to the ground.

"You're... You're not a Rakshashin... This isn't... You're Siglos... That... Everian prick... ****, I thought... I was... I thought I was in Indra... **** **** **** ****..."

Cain continued to glare at Siglos, "You... you are..." Her grip began to gently loosen as she heard his voice, her breath quickening. Her grip continued to loosen until it was released completely, causing Siglos to fall to the ground.

"You're... You're not a Rakshashin... This isn't... You're Siglos... That... Everian prick... ****, I thought... I was... I thought I was in Indra... **** **** **** ****..."
Siglos collapsed onto the ground, quickly scooting back until his back was pressed against the wall. He gasped for breath, his hands quickly pressing against the reddened skin of his neck, a visible mark on its pale surface.

“…S-sorry…s-sorry…s-sorry…” Siglos murmured. He continued to apologize, his words becoming more and more incoherent as he began to curl himself into a ball.

Siglos collapsed onto the ground, quickly scooting back until his back was pressed against the wall. He gasped for breath, his hands quickly pressing against the reddened skin of his neck, a visible mark clear on its pale surface.

“…S-sorry…s-sorry…s-sorry…” Siglos murmured. He continued to apologize, his words becoming more and more incoherent as he began to curl himself into a ball.
"Stop... stop ******* apologizing... You didn't... do anything wrong, ******* ****... Sylvia is going to ******* hate me if she finds out about this...!" Cain hissed, moving over to Siglos to help him up and to her room, planning to lay him on the bed.

"I'm not going to hurt you, you dolt!! Just-" Cain moved faster than he could see, scooping the man up into her arms and dashing into her room once more. By the time he'd realized he'd been moved, he'd already been placed gently on her bed, with the door being tightly locked.

"****... **** **** **** **** **** ****... My life is ******* over..." She said, pressing her head against the door as she grumbled to herself.

"I'm not going to hurt you, you dolt!! Just-" Cain moved faster than he could see, scooping the man up into her arms and dashing into her room once more. By the time he'd realized he'd been moved, he'd already been placed gently on her bed, with the door being tightly locked.

"****... **** **** **** **** **** ****... My life is ******* over..." She said, pressing her head against the door as she grumbled to herself.
Siglos let out a soft, yelp of surprise, quickly sitting up on the bed. For a few, long moments, he simply stared at Cain, confusion and panic still mingling in his gaze.

“…C-Cain…?” He said quietly.

Siglos let out a soft, yelp of surprise, quickly sitting up on the bed. For a few, long moments, he simply stared at Cain, confusion and panic still mingling in his gaze.

“…C-Cain…?” He said quietly.
Cain's claws began to dig into the door as she pressed her hand against it, "I'm a ******* idiot... idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot...!!" She exclaimed to herself.

Cain's claws began to dig into the door as she pressed her hand against it, "I'm a ******* idiot... idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot...!!" She exclaimed to herself.
Siglos watched as the woman clawed into the wood of the door, taking several long, deep breaths. He rubbed a hand across his flesh again wincing slightly.

“…W-why…” He began, he hesitated for a moment, shifting uncomfortably on the bed.

“…W-why…d-did…y-you…?” He trailed off, wearily eyeing the large hands of the Rakshashin woman.

Siglos watched as the woman clawed into the wood of the door, taking several long, deep breaths. He rubbed a hand across his flesh again wincing slightly.

“…W-why…” He began, he hesitated for a moment, shifting uncomfortably on the bed.

“…W-why…d-did…y-you…?” He trailed off, wearily eyeing the large hands of the Rakshashin woman.
"I didn't.. mean... to." Cain grumbled, breathing out, she slowly turned away from the door, her eyes meeting Siglos. They'd ridden themselves of the purple rims, yet the bright, golden spirals still consumed all of her eye as before, shining in the dimly lit room.

"I heard you knocking on the door, and my... I moved without thinking. I thought you were my enemy, and I thought this was my home country, and I- and I-"

"I didn't.. mean... to." Cain grumbled, breathing out, she slowly turned away from the door, her eyes meeting Siglos. They'd ridden themselves of the purple rims, yet the bright, golden spirals still consumed all of her eye as before, shining in the dimly lit room.

"I heard you knocking on the door, and my... I moved without thinking. I thought you were my enemy, and I thought this was my home country, and I- and I-"
Siglos stared at Cain for a long while, before slowly looking at the ground, taking a soft breath.

"...W-were y-you...a-attacked, o-often...b-back i-in y-your...clan?" Siglos asked softly. He remembered what Sylvia had said earlier, about Cain having suffered even more hardship than she had.

Siglos stared at Cain for a long while, before slowly looking at the ground, taking a soft breath.

"...W-were y-you...a-attacked, o-often...b-back i-in y-your...clan?" Siglos asked softly. He remembered what Sylvia had said earlier, about Cain having suffered even more hardship than she had.
"....." Cain's eyes narrowed, before breathing out.

"This country... this continent is... to peaceful. Completely unlike Indra. There, it's constant battle... You sleep with both eyes open, and your instincts need to remain sharp. If you here any noise, you assume it's an enemy and attack, even if you sleep..." She explained, clenching her fists.

"...I guess I forgot that nobody is trying to kill me here."

Siglos hesitated for a moment, processing her words. She had suffered in ways entirely different than his own experiences, and he struggled mentally to imagine such a violent, dangerous land. Slowly, he nodded.

"...I-It...m-must b-be...d-difficult t-to adjust...a-after l-living i-in an e-environment l-like t-that f-for...s-so long..." Siglos said quietly. He hesitated, his ears twitching.

"...I-is...i-is t-that w-why you...s-sleep on t-top of S-Sylvia...sometimes? S-so...y-you c-can...k-keep e-each other safe...?" He asked quietly.

Siglos hesitated for a moment, processing her words. She had suffered in ways entirely different than his own experiences, and he struggled mentally to imagine such a violent, dangerous land. Slowly, he nodded.

"...I-It...m-must b-be...d-difficult t-to adjust...a-after l-living i-in an e-environment l-like t-that f-for...s-so long..." Siglos said quietly. He hesitated, his ears twitching.

"...I-is...i-is t-that w-why you...s-sleep on t-top of S-Sylvia...sometimes? S-so...y-you c-can...k-keep e-each other safe...?" He asked quietly.
Cain sighed, "I keep Sylvia safe... Sylvia keeps me safe... We protect each other. Or at least... we used to."

Cain sighed, "I keep Sylvia safe... Sylvia keeps me safe... We protect each other. Or at least... we used to."
Siglos said nothing for a moment, before taking a breath.

"...It...w-was...n-never m-my intention...t-to g-get b-between y-you two, Cain." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I love Sylvia. W-with...a-all o-of my heart. B-but...I w-would never w-want...t-to interfere with y-your friendship."

"..." Cain let out one, final breath, shaking her head.

"I'm not that much of a jealous prick, that I'd get mad that the only person in my life who I care about has found someone she loves and cherishes... This isn't about you."
Siglos slowly nodded, taking a breath.

"...I...I a-actually c-came h-here...t-to talk a-about t-that. Y-you and Sylvia, I-I mean..." Siglos said softly.

Back