• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Ultra_instinct_issei Betrayal fanfics usually are result of a writer wanting to do three things:
Bash characters who are otherwise good friends or, if applicable, lovers with the MC just because the writer doesn't like them
Make the MC as edgy and OP as possible, completely eliminating any positive traits that would have you like them
And give them a mass harem, just to stick it to the bashed ones and flaunt the MC's supposed "coolness"

Honestly strange. One of my favorite characters, Wang Lin, actually gets a chance to have a harem in a setting where that's the norm but refuses the girl out of love for his comatose wife, who'd have been pretty OK with it. I've never found him any less cool for it (in fact it was the opposite) so I don't even get writers who think harem = cool. It can be done right but rarely is.

You know how most of these harem fanfic protagonists are portrayed as being man above men? Well IDK if it's just me but I think it's quite a pussy move to choose multiple women over one because they're incapable of loving just one woman and respectfully rejecting other women like this Wang Jin guy did, especially because in most societies polygamy is heavily criticized.

Don't know if it's accurate but it tells something
main-qimg-5a0f73119692621714c5fd484b0a4f98

BTW guys, is there a way to make a story whose MC is OP but the story is interesting at the same time?
Also, love how my immortal was sooo bad that it actually became popular because it was bad.

Last edited:
BTW guys, is there a way to make a story whose MC is OP but the story is interesting at the same time?
Also, love how my immortal was sooo bad that it actually became popular because it was bad.
It's called good writing, understanding and planning out a setting and plot well. Anything can be made interesting, it's just that certain concepts exact a higher toll on a writer's skill than others.

In this case, the physical conflict with the antagonist should take a backseat to other aspects of the conflict (how they affect their lives and relationships, their interaction and view of the world etc.) or you could just balance the scales with a powerful antagonist.

Of course, I'm not the best guy for advice so you should probably look elsewhere.

One Punch Man, Overlord, Prototype, Gurren Lagann, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, etc.

Those are some examples of OP Protags that are still interesting.

Not as long as 4chan edgelords feel the need to be validated by fictional characters realizing how wrong they were and going "OMG! We need you and are s sorry! Have our wives!"
I'm pretty sure Tumblr and Deviantart does that, 4Chan has the crazy blood and gore fanfics with elmo ripping the organs off the corpse like Doomguy does

Also gore fanfics are absolutely disgusting, not only is it completely unneascary to vividly describe what's going on with them but 99.9999999999% of the time these gore fics take place in franchises where there's not a single drop of blood. It's honestly just the "stabbing yourself with a knife" crowd that get a kick of them, or people who think blind violence is good story telling

A good chunk of the time it's just trolls. The other chunk is people who've played Mortal Kombat way too much and thought exaggerated violence was top-tier writing.

See that's my issue with fanfiction and something I think that any story needs to understand, violence needs a purpose.
Basically violence can be used as a method of story telling, and although the level of violence is heavily dependent on the type of story I feel it's important to give it a reason to exist aside from "oh hey guys look! It's crazy violence here", which is what fanfiction is full of and when you see these edgy and "badass" MCs torture their enemies because why the **** not?

A mature protagonist would find that completely unnecessary in most circumstances (unless there's more personal hatred between them).

@Planck69 yeah there are better examples in fiction but one example on my mind is Gohan during his fight with Cell. See there he outright says that he doesn't want to fight Cell and is trying be pacific, but once the Cell Jr's beat up everyone and 16 is killed by Cell that forces Gohan to embrace his inner rage and become a Ssj2, where he henceforth slaughters the Cell Jr's and absolutely brutalizes Cell.
That's an example to me personally about how violence can be given a purpose or, as you said, a main character becoming violent because of hatred

Oh, speaking of gore, you should check out the worst fanfic ever made, beating fetish fanfics, harem fanfics, mary sue self-insert, bad ships, and besteality:

Dream fanfictions

Wait, like the YouTuber Dream? The one that recently got accused of cheating in Minecraft speedrunning.
You know it's one thing to like a YouTuber but when you have such rabid fans that they create fanfics based off him with harems, **********, mary sues or violence? That's when I consult the Necromonicon to awaken Azathoth

I have one question, for God........ WHY?!!!!!!!!
Seriously, these have to be some of the most demented and disgusting human fans of a YouTuber I have ever seen! The fact that someone took time, literally wasted hours, to draw some of the most disgusting and horrifying pieces of art is a testimony to how ******* terrible we all are

I have one question, for God........ WHY?!!!!!!!!
Seriously, these have to be some of the most demented and disgusting human fans of a YouTuber I have ever seen! The fact that someone took time, literally wasted hours, to draw some of the most disgusting and horrifying pieces of art is a testimony to how ******* terrible we all are
To give more proof of how low humanity can go, Jaden Animations Rule 34 exists as well

Last edited:
You know I want to rage and rant about how bad that is, but my nihilism has been fulfilled tonight and I don't desire to seek an early demise so I'll just leave it at that

I think some random youtuber went as far as to review it (Yes, really) on his channel, and then told people not to draw it.

Back