• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
i mean the literal first thing that people would make their baDaSS oC do in a fate fanfic is insult gil for no reason and beat him up to show their power.
Gil is really OP. If OC is stronger than Gil then OC is even more OP. And clearly the quality of a story is dependent on how strong the author's SI OC is compared to everyone else.

I mean, sometimes I just wanna turn my brain off and watch the main character school all the antagonists for the whole show, that's the only reason there is to enjoy misfit of demon academy for example. Stuff like that can be fun to watch/read even if it's not an actually interesting or compelling story, and I imagine it'd be even more fun to create. I don't blame them.

Gil is really OP. If OC is stronger than Gil then OC is even more OP. And clearly the quality of a story is dependent on how strong the author's SI OC is compared to everyone else.
But honestly i feel 90% of wattpad fate fanfics is written by kids who don't even understand fate and write fanfics about it because "the girls are hot". I mean look what this fanfic did to saber alter .

I mean, sometimes I just wanna turn my brain off and watch the main character school all the antagonists for the whole show, that's the only reason there is to enjoy misfit of demon academy for example. Stuff like that can be fun to watch/read even if it's not an actually interesting or compelling story, and I imagine it'd be even more fun to create. I don't blame them.
Many people here would do so as well, even me. The thing is though, even those sorts of stories have to reach a minimum threshold of coherence, character development (or at least fleshing out) and skill with storytelling to be fun. Even though I'm personally ambivalent towards Maou Gakuin, I'd rather read that then Suggsverse or one of those shitty urban cultivation novels.

Okay, in all fate fanfics why there is so much gilgamesh bashing?
Sorry, I can't hear you over seeing this interpretation of Shirou using a True Magic to null Gilgamesh from existence or the Y one where Shirou has a true vampire at his call or the Z one where Shirou is an ancestor.

Sorry, I can't hear you over seeing this interpretation of Shirou using a True Magic to null Gilgamesh from existence or the Y one where Shirou has a true vampire at his call or the Z one where Shirou is an ancestor.
Oh, you mean where shirou turns gil into his maid and banged every type moon female?
And damn, no op ritsuka. People really hate self inserting into ritsuka i guess.

Tbh, I’m fine with fanfics that twist the personality or characteristics of certain characters if it suits the narrative. It’s just that most don’t do that
Oh really? I challenge you to read this
The personality twisting goes out of the roof here.

Oh really? I challenge you to read this
The personality twisting goes out of the roof here.
As I said, I don’t care about personality twisting much, but yeah the story isn’t very good given that it’s literally a reaction story. Those literally never work

As I said, I don’t care about personality twisting much, but yeah the story isn’t very good given that it’s literally a reaction story. Those literally never work
The way to go is just a villain doing a reaction video to the fights they lose. Or just Deidara reviewing explosions.

No prob, but the girls in the harem are they oc's or anime characters?
actually a friend of mine was planning to start his own novel. basically a male and female mc, it would be a bit like shirou and saber and like shirou the guy gets op over time but is weak at first while the girl is mid tier who also get op. no harem btw
Where link ?????? I want read !

No prob, but the girls in the harem are they oc's or anime characters?
actually a friend of mine was planning to start his own novel. basically a male and female mc, it would be a bit like shirou and saber and like shirou the guy gets op over time but is weak at first while the girl is mid tier who also get op. no harem btw
Where the link? I feel it good by that description (my opinion)
Man did not even write the name of mondstadt correctly
Damn boi. BoBoiBoy (original user of that 5 elemental power) are better than this

So, it's obvious that we all hate those "My OC is better than everyone and they take over the whole story" things. Thus, I present: "My OC is better than everyone in their time, but still gets killed by an actual character and never shows up."

Me while drink: hey that pretty good
Bully Maguire: that my line

Back