• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using the First Fairy Tail Movie as Canon Material + Potential Fairy Tail God Tier AP Upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really need to discuss how we consider movie feats when reference in a manga, because it causes many issues with discussions.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Being a suicide attack doesn't matter when they literally say that the Phoenix is comparable in power to Zeref
Iirc we dont scale characters to suicide attacks and not only that but we have a sucide attack from August yet no one scales to that

If they say that "X attack is comparable to X character", while the character who performed the suicide attack doesn't scale, the character who is stated to be comparable to the power emitted by it does.

BlackeJan said:
Iirc we dont scale characters to suicide attacks and not only that but we have a sucide attack from August yet no one scales to that
But it's not really a suicide attack though, the phoenix isn't killing himself to make the attack happen. It is just getting caught up in it's own attack range.

What the phoenix is doing is similar to how Kid Buu destoy's planets(not power wise but the method is similar), he fires a big attack, gets caught up in his own blast and then regenrates from it. We don't count all of majin buu's attacks as suicide attacks.

I actually think we should remove August's High 6-B AP, because it's like Shigaraki's Decay, it's a Hax attack with a Large range, so he should probably lose his High 6-B key

Also here is my question.....does it ouright destroy the earth's atmosphere or it starts to to destroy it (does it take its time)

Thats what also needs to be looked at

It was very quickly consumming the Planets surface, Natsu had to quickly shove an Arrow in the things face or else everyone would be immediately destroyed, it's very similar to Boros's Feat

Why does everyone keep trying to downplay this feat :(

The Calc is already accepted

I know, but a Gif is in the OP of how fast it was

Regardless, it was a very immediate threat

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
It was very quickly consumming the Planets surface, Natsu had to quickly shove an Arrow in the things face or else everyone would be immediately destroyed, it's very similar to Boros's Feat
Why does everyone keep trying to downplay this feat :(
Who said i was trying to downgrade? I just want to make sure that this is actually correct. Also where is the calc cause i dont see it anywhere and at what time in the movie does this happen?

Well the explosion was still expanding, it still works with the calc we have now, and was gonna consume the whole Planet's Surface very quickly, it's like how the Death Star Blows up a Planet, the inital explosion expands from the point of Contact

To be fair earthland is over 3x Earth's diameter so it was gonna take a while due to the best speed feat being only sub relevistic.

@Demon

The moment Natsu defeated it, the explosion was still within Fiore country (you can see it in the sky)

@Zack

Being larger doesnt mean its gonna take longer for it to do what it needs to do. If thats the case also then (i could look at it like this) that the explosion didnt automaticaly destroy what its intention was, it was spreading its destruction

The calc is still accepted and it was an explosion that was still expanding which makes it still legit, all explosions have to expand first, this one was still in the process of expanding, plus all the statements of the Phoenix destroying the surface and world

Honestly at this Point, we should make a new thread to make this easier to see if we can get the scaling, it seems like majority of people and several admins accept the Movie as Canon, so that was settled, we should have a CRT specifically for whether or not we scale this to the God Tiers

BlackeJan said:
Being larger doesnt mean its gonna take longer for it to do what it needs to do. If thats the case also then (i could look at it like this) that the explosion didnt automaticaly destroy what its intention was, it was spreading its destruction
What do you mean, Distance = Speed * Time.

Also a mass extiction meteor doesn't destroy a planet instantly, it still has to travel the distance of the planet itself. The same logic would apply here.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Honestly at this Point, we should make a new thread to make this easier to see if we can get the scaling, it seems like majority of people and several admins accept the Movie as Canon, so that was settled, we should have a CRT specifically for whether or not we scale this to the God Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back