• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using the First Fairy Tail Movie as Canon Material + Potential Fairy Tail God Tier AP Upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
During chapter 37 of Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest, it was revealed that the events of the first Fairy Tail movie, Fairy Tail: Pheonix Priestess, are canon to the Manga. This is shown by both Eclair and Momon(two charaters that have only appeared in the first movie and in a prequel manga written by Mashima) being in Natsu's personal Heaven.

Eclair and Momon

Now that being said, should we use this movie as canon material for the Verse and subsuqently use any feats and abilites shown in it?

If we do use this movie as canon then we should talk about one big feat in the movie. But first it should be noted that the Pheonix only scales to Zeref level charaters and above based on this statement in the movie.

Phoenix rivals Zeref

Now that the scaling has been taken care of lets go over the actual feat itself.

The Feat I am refering to is the Pheonix being stated to destroy the world multiple times throught said movie.

Phoenix statements 1
Phoenix statements 2
Phoenix statements 3
Phoenix statements 4

As well as the Pheonix's final attack starts to consume the planet's surface/atmosphere.

Fairy Tail Phoenix Fire Ball
Phoenix statements 5

If this Feat is acccpeted I'll make a seperate page for the calculation but for now what is everyone's opinions on this feat from the movie?

And for those who are wondering the full movie can be found here.

So what does everyone think about this feat and should we use it to scale the god tiers of Fairy Tail? I personally think so but I'm just one person, I want to hear what everyone has to say about it.

And now you're going to say the arc where the church huting Celestial Spirit mages is canon because it's mentioned in the manga too? And this movie can't simply be placed in the canon timeline, because it just doesn't fit.

It does fit in the timeline, there is an unspecified amount of time between the Sun Village arc and the Tartaros arc where this movie could take place.

Also another charater from the movie, Geese, is also mentioned in the orignal Manga of fairy tail during the GMG arc.

Zackra1799 said:
It does fit in the timeline, there is an unspecified amount of time between the Sun Village arc and the Tartaros arc where this movie could take place.
And yet, the movie shows Elfman pre-GMG Training, while Fairy Tail has already recovered their original guild.

Zackra1799 said:
Also another charater from the movie, Geese, is also mentioned in the orignal Manga of fairy tail during the GMG arc.
Again, does that make the filler arc I just mentioned canon too? Because those are also mentioned in the manga.

I agree the movie is canon

But I'm neutral on the God tiers scaling to the Phoenix's world ending feat, I mean I'm pretty sure the phoenix was also going to destroy himself along with the surface of the planet, so I'm not sure, I would only be ok with it scaling to Dragon Gods and Acnologia, but even then I'm unsure

Again, does that make the filler arc I just mentioned canon too? Because those are also mentioned in the manga.

I actually was gonna make a thread for this. And Phoenix Priestess could fit would fit more in between Sun Village and Tartarous, Elfman and Juvia's clothes being the only thing would be a small inconsistency, since the movie is set after the manga's GMG, but the anime hadn't reached that yet.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I agree the movie is canon
But I'm neutral on the God tiers scaling to the Phoenix's world ending feat, I mean I'm pretty sure the phoenix was also going to destroy himself along with the surface of the planet, so I'm not sure, I would only be ok with it scaling to Dragon Gods and Acnologia, but even then I'm unsure
Yes the Phoenix was going to destroy itself on that attack, but it would regenerate from it. That being said I think scaling it to anyone massively above Base Zeref such as Acnologia and the Dragon Gods does make the most sense. Although what about Fairy Heart Zeref? We already scale him to be massivly above his base form so would he count as well, or should we leave him as a sort of secondary level given he is below the Dragon Gods and Acnologia?

As I said I'm neutral of whether or not we ahould scale them to the Phoenix's Surface Desruction, I'll see what the majority think

I haven't watched this movie so I can't tell much about the feat itself, sadly. I'm also reluctant on calling it an outlier unless the feat ends up in tier 5 or some shit like that.

But you're doing the proccess all wrong. You need to calc the feat first and then we discuss about its scaling, whether it gets discarded or accepted.

The Calaca said:
I haven't watched this movie so I can't tell much about the feat itself, sadly. I'm also reluctant on calling it an outlier unless the feat ends up in tier 5 or some shit like that.
But you're doing the proccess all wrong. You need to calc the feat first and then we discuss about its scaling, whether it gets discarded or accepted.
Well first we need to discuss wether the movie is a canon or not first but i decided to throw the feat in because it's part of the movie.

Right. Well, to be considered canon the movie should have:

• The author (Mashima) working on the production and story. This is essential.
  • Events that are later referenced in the canon content (the manga). Just because a character is mentioned in the manga doesn't make the movie canon, but it makes the character canon.
  • No contradictions between the movie and the manga, so it can't be located inside the storyline.

Hiro Mashima did work on the production and wrote the story

The manga mentionsn both Eclair and Geese, who appeared in the Movie

The movie fits perfectly between the GMG arc and Tartaros arc

So I believe we can consider the movie canon

Okay I'll go over each one:

1) Here is an interview from Mashima regarding the movie: Here

Some of it isn't really necceasy to the arguement so i'll just pull the important bits

I'd like to ask about the initial stage of planning for the movie. Looking at the advertisement for the movie, you were responsible for various things such as the original work, drafting the movie, visual design, drafting the guest characters, image concept and so on.

That's right. I was given the chance to do various things. I was happy to able to participate in the inner workings of this movie, and I wanted to help out as much as possible.

You wrote the script together with Sogo-san (Scriptwriter for the TV anime series)?

That's right. There are parts where it differs from the TV anime, and we also faced some difficulties, but I'm really grateful for his efforts. The script was not done by just the two of us, but written while taking the opinions of various people into consideration. I had repeated discussions with the scriptwriter Sogo-san and the director Fujimori-san until the story took a good form. At the final stage of preparing the script, we checked all the dialogues one by one to make sure that they suited the characters. We made sure that there weren't any lines that would make the viewers think "this character wouldn't say something like this". In this way, we can make the movie one that doesn't let the fans feel that something is out of place as compared to the usual Fairy Tail.

2) As mentioned earlier the two main charaters from the movie were just mentioned and were shown and confirmed dead in the manga as well as Geese being mentioned in the GMG.

3) It fits between the GMG and Tartaros arcs pretty perfectly

Theoretically this would scale only to God toers and it's still in Tier 6, so if we actually do agree to scale this feat, then I don't think it would that much of an outlier, I mean, it is the destruction of the planets surface, of course it's gonna be large

Yeah, given that FT planet is bigger than our own, I suppose it makes sense if it's that high.

Anyway, perhaps you need to contact some staff members to look at this thread and see if the proofs can be accepted.

Davidsteel1 said:
If the feat was gonna destroy the Phoenix as well I don't think we should scale it to anyone.
The Phoenix was going to "destroy itself " with the attack but would come back with its mid-high Regenerationn.

But given that it scales to Base Zeref, a charater who is massivly above Zeref should tank it.

I have the same opinion as Wrath of Itachi. It really does seem like the movie is canon, however I am against anyone scaling to Phoenix's feat.

Captain Torch said:
I have the same opinion as Wrath of Itachi. It really does seem like the movie is canon, however I am against anyone scaling to Phoenix's feat.
I don't see why charaters like Acnologia and the Dragon God's shouldn't scale to the feat, also it's not like they don't have their own world destroying statements.

Ignia's statement
Mercphobia statement

I also disagree with God tiers scaling to High 6A since that means that Pheonix blast is stronger then Acno himself (which isnt true)

Though its good that the movie is canon so we can find some good calcs. What else could we find from the movie?

@Blacke

Why would god tiers scaling make Acno weaker than the phoenix? He is one of the god tiers even in base and this is also supported by people being iffy on Etherion working prior to learning he noms all magic. FH Zeref also wasn't sure on stepping to base Acno either.

The movie being canon means SBT and FH both scale above the Phoenix just like we currently scale them above Etherion.

Blacke, what are you saying? They say in the movie that the Phoenix's power is comparable to Zeref and even FH Zeref was terrified of Acno

Davidsteel1 said:
If the feat was gonna destroy the Phoenix as well I don't think we should scale it to anyone.
"In other words, its power rivals that of even Zeref."

The Phoenix not being able to survive its own attack doesn't matter here. We're not comparing its durability to scale to people. It is the Phoenix's AP that is comparable to Zeref and that is what is being scaled.

Think of the Phoenix as being a glass cannon whose attacks can hurt a high/God tier (Zeref) but can't survive the force of its own attacks.

Not to mention that The dragon gods have their own statements of being planet surface level.

Ignia stated his flames could "Burn the World" as well as Merc being stated to be able to destroy everything.

Tbf, Ignia's could just be flowery language while Merc's is straight up false. That line of him destroying everything was referring to the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back