• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Using the First Fairy Tail Movie as Canon Material + Potential Fairy Tail God Tier AP Upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HereComesBigBoi said:
whaa u delete ma post but demontsothy been crying about imade downgrading his fave verse? wheers the fair?

imade still corerct btwa
See. This is why you're not getting a point on here.

The Calaca said:
Right. Well, to be considered canon the movie should have:
(edited out the other two points since they were confirmed)

For this, do you think that requirement is fulfilled by Eclair being in FT: Zero (Establishing her as an immortal) and her showing up in Beta Heaven (establishing her as having met Natsu and met him for long enough before she died in front of him for her to show up in his Beta Heaven)?

I don't know who is Eclair and I don't remember FT: Zero, tbh. I'd need to read all the content and watch the movie to tell for sure.

Eclair is a Mian character in the Phoenix Movie, and she meets Team Natsu and Dies in the movie, she also became immortal via consuming the Phoenix's Blood, so the fact that she was around during Fairy Tail Zero shows she was Immortal proving that the Phoenix exists in the Canon, and her showing up in Natsu's Beta Heaven means that Natsu met her and know she died, proving that she's in the canon, and if she's in the canon, that makes the Movie Canon

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
There he is 😂

He'll stop at nothing to prevent Fairy Tail Upgrades

Petty comments like this should be deleted as well as it doesn't do the best job at making the OP seem respectful. Anyway i agree with Imade and sounds a lot like Bleach's MoN, where we had a possible timeframe it could fit in, had the author working on it and had even been referenced in the Manga with something a lot more clear cut than the evidence given here. Iirc they had to wait for the novel to clarify upon this more, along with Kubo outright stating it's canon. The two are pretty different given how you can't argue that is isn't canon. Here you can since there isn't as much evidence, also I'm seeing claims such as Hiro working on it and Fairy Tail Zero being canon without any proof.

Wait, prequels have to be confirmed to be canon? Since when was that a thing? We didn't have to do something like that for 100 YQ.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Here you can since there isn't as much evidence, also I'm seeing claims such as Hiro working on it and Fairy Tail Zero being canon without any proof.
I posted an interview about Hiro's involvement in the movie a little earlier in the thread, and he is listed as Story writer in the wiki.

Fairy tail Zero is referenced at least 50 times or so throughout the Series and is considered canon on this wiki already.

Why would Zero not be canon? Its literally the backstory of FT, solely written by Mashima, explains how Mavis and Zeref meet, Mavis getting the Curse, Zeref going to start Alvarez etc etc which is all backed up with the FT manga along with an official timeline detailing all of the events that took place in Zero as well as FT.

@rin you are saying FT zero isn't canon is enough to prove that you know nothing about the series. Read/watch the series before commenting on it's thread

1997KD said:
@rin you are saying FT zero isn't canon is enough to prove that you know nothing about the series. Read/watch the series before commenting on it's thread

I'll entertain this bait to an extent by responding. If you bothered reading my comment i had never said Zero isn't canon, i simply asked for the evidence. Try to read my comment next time before making assumptions.

also I'm seeing claims such as Hiro working on it and Fairy Tail Zero being canon without any proof.

Hmm

Doesn't work. Discord images sent through PMs are typically hard to access outside of those who shared it I guess.

Also agreeing for the canonicity of the movie but I'm not done reading the thread. Will likely change

That said I also remember Hiro drawing a bit of the manga for the movie too?

I also think that we can count the movie as a part of canon, as it has been clearly referenced, was planned in collaboration with the original author, and fits into the timeline.

I do not know whether or not anybody should scale from the planetary surface destroying feat within it though.

Didn't the movie itself also reference the final arc of the original manga starting at the end of it?

@Gudako

Was that an informed statement or just guesswork hyperbole?

Antvasima said:
@Gudako

Was that an informed statement or just guesswork hyperbole?
It was a determination made by the magic council after going over various reports about it's power. They were holding this meeting along with all the guild masters because they didn't know how to stop it.

Davidsteel1 said:
My issue is that it's a suicide, aka something the Phoenix itself cannot survive. If this feat was just a basic attack from the metal bird I'd have little issue, but this isn't the case.
20191025 121411 rmedited
Phenoix choose to die because it want a true revival. It's notl ike it can't survive, it didn't want to survive

Literally there are post about the movie being canon so why is this even being argued for? The only thing should be concerned about is if this scales to anyone since apparently this is a suicide attack that I also think shouldn't scale then if that's the case

Also it doesn't state any where in the movie that it's durability is similar to it's power output at all.

So this attack that destroys the world

Would he survive it or no?

Because if not, it doesn't scale.

Refer back to my Nuke comparison. If someone is compared to a Nuke, they are not saying that the person is comparable to the metal that the bomb is made out of, they're talking about the explosion it makes.

Depends on context, because suicide attacks scaling can be sketchy because their clearly far above the characters output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back